OBSERVATION REPORT 00

XX-XX-XXXX

SUBJECT: BROOD PARASITISM

FLOCK'S PRESENCE CONFIRMED IN ELENDEL. RUMOURS OF PARASITISM NOT UNFOUNDED. POSSIBLE PRESENCE OF ROGUE EGG IN THE NEST. CLOSER INSPECTION REQUIRED. LOOKING FORWARD TO IDENTIFYING ALL THE INDIVIDUAL SPECIES OF BIRDS EXHIBITING THE PHENOMENON AND DISCUSSING ABOUT IT THE NEXT TIME. GOOD LUCK BIRD-WATCHING. 

Welcome to Quick Fix Game 70! This game is heavily inspired by The Departed [which, in turn, is a remake of the Hong Kong film Infernal Affairs] in which the central theme of the plot lies in an undercover police officer infiltrating the mob trying to reveal the presence of a mafia mole in the police department. Hope this is an interesting enough set up for y'all to join and have fun!

Tag or quote me for any clarifications. @Araris Valerian will be your mod for the game, tag or PM him in case of any concerns. 

Sign-ups are now open and will end on February 10th at 01:00 AM GMT. Let's look at the rules, also here in the doc format.

Alignments:

Spoiler

Elendel Constabulary: Eliminate the Octet completely.
The Octet: Eliminate the Informant and the Contact. Access to Rat Extermination [faction kill] each cycle.

Roles:

Spoiler

Informant:  
You have embedded yourself deep undercover inside the Octet. You have access to the Octet doc. You can talk with the Octet members, but caution is recommended. If you’re revealed to be the mole, death is assured. In addition, you maintain the flow of information about the organization to the Constabulary through the Contact. You can send the identity of 1 Octet member to the Contact per cycle via the GM. On death, you are revealed as a regular Octet member. You also have access to Rat Extermination but only until you are the last member alive in the Octet doc. 

You hold a high position in the Constabulary and are highly paranoid by nature. You do not allow anyone but yourself to communicate with the Informant, and that too, not in person. You visit a previously designated drop-off point and find the communique the Informant is passing to you. You will receive the identity of an Octet member per cycle from the Informant through the GM.

Insider:  
An Octet member from a very young age, you were embedded into the Academy to remain clean from criminal activities. You have since graduated and risen through the ranks to hold quite a trusted position in the Constabulary, with access to sensitive operation information to be used to protect the Octet at any given time. As such, you know the identity of the Contact. Due to the precarious nature of your position in the Constabulary, complete isolation from the Octet is necessary which means you do not have access to the Octet doc. Your identity is not known to the other Octet members. If you are set to be exterminated, the kill simply fails and does not appear in the daily report [write-up]. You do not have access to Rat Extermination unless you are the last Octet alive. 

Basics:

Spoiler
  • Rat Extermination target is determined by private voting inside the doc. Private votes are immutable. In case of a tie - if the tied targets all involve players outside the doc, one is chosen at random; if the tied targets are both inside and outside the doc, the target outside the doc is prioritized; if tied targets are all players who are inside the doc, all such tied targets die. 
  • If the game ends in a tie [the last member of Octet dies in the same cycle as the last survivor of the Informant/Contact pair], the Constabulary are granted victory as they have effectively wiped out the Octet from Elendel. The Constabulary is assumed to have taken a beating but enough of their numbers survive to grow and infiltrate another criminal organization.
  • Cycles are 24 hours long, with an execution each cycle. 
  • A minimum of one vote needs to be placed for execution., with ties being resolved randomly. 
  • Inactivity filter exists. Players failing to VOTE two cycles in a row are killed off. 
  • PMs are closed.

Participants:

Spoiler

Players - 

1. @Aeoryi
  2. @RoyalBeeMage
  3. @Kasimir - Detective Kowalski
  4. @TheRavenHasLanded - Riven
  5. @Amanuensis - Maikul "Truthwatcher" McGee
  6. @Sart - Sam
  7. @Stick. - Stick
  8. @Faerie BraidsSecretary-Constable Vivienne Bell
  9. @DrakeMarshall - Marshal Drake
  10. @neil the beguiled
  11. @JNV
  12. @Alvron - Ylath

Spectators - 

1. @The Bald Brandon

Pinch-hitters - 

1. @Ashbringer

Quick Links:

Spoiler

Edited by |TJ|

9 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

This looks fun.

Is this you signing up?

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i would love to join. this would be my first one however so i apologise now if that becomes a problem

Welcome to SE!

24 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

thank you. have no clue how this will go but have fully read through the rules and love playing mafia/warewolf irl so this should be fun.

This ruleset has enough twists to be new to everyone so I doubt you're alone :P

Be sure to check out the subforum rules post here!

26 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Is this you signing up?

Hijacking this to sign up as...we're all Elendel constabulary? Assuming Octet is among us?

...Detective Kowalski 👀 

Edited by Kasimir

16 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Hijacking this to sign up as...we're all Elendel constabulary? Assuming Octet is among us?

Sure! And yeah, I'd encourage players signing up as detectives or mob names if you want to RP as Octet members :P. 

2 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Is this you signing up?

Welcome to SE!

yup.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

This ruleset has enough twists to be new to everyone so I doubt you're alone :P

Be sure to check out the subforum rules post here!

...Detective Kowalski 👀 

First mate Riven.

23 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

You know, I’ll try pinch hitting, that’s a good trick.

For some reason, I thought pinch-hitting wasn't allowed in QFs but I checked the recent games and they've all had them so I'll just add you :P.