Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Why did you vote DeTess 

Also Mark I’ll complain at Szeth 

This comment

On 10/9/2023 at 1:29 AM, DeTess said:

I don't like this comment. It seems intended to discourage vanillagers from using the action they have, which in turn nerfs any village mages. Meanwhile, any elim mages will have built in support from any vanillas in their team.

For now, experience.

Which was in reply to comments about why we should not pass magic around as it might go to an elim, which I can only see as encouraging such actions.

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Also Mark I’ll complain at Szeth 

Very well, I'll put in my complaint now. If I read the rules correctly, our complaints should be rearmed by D3 anyway, so I'd be willing to risk it, especially given Szeth's last post. I hope it's not the wrong thing to do, but I have a hunch it's probably not. 

17 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Which was in reply to comments about why we should not pass magic around as it might go to an elim, which I can only see as encouraging such actions.

Honestly, this feels more like the same thing as what DeTess did - DeTess isn't calling anyone to stop or continue passing investiture. They're commenting more on Exp's motives. They even vote on Exp in the same post. It's a fine distinction, but essentially, both your post and DeTess's post call out the person saying the thing, and don't necessarily call for enforcing/acting against the thing itself. I thought this made you more suspicious in my eyes, but looking back, you've always been of the opinion that villagers need to be more careful of passing investiture, at the very least. And if I believe DeTess is village now, then clearly villagers are liable to commit the "fallacy" as well, so it's NAI at best. 

I'm not entirely happy with my Araris vote given their lack of effort to get it off them when there's two other votes on them and given the fact that I don't see any other votes picking up steam. But I'm not sure where I should put my vote otherwise. It's been 2 whole cycles, so if the elims have vote manip, they're likely to use it to cause chaos anyway, so it'd be better to have a strong lead in the votes than a flimsy tie. 

---------------------------

5 min later:

Okay, you know what  Araris , Archer . There's little more than a gut feeling here, but I just wanna try it out.

TKN Szeth 

Lowkey using 'willing to burn their complaint card on a longshot' to be a sign of villageness, so good vibes from Mark. I'm not sure why we haven't seen a coordinated kill from the elims using complaints yet, but I expect them to save their complaints for it. 

Interestingly, that Szeth post didn't have emojis. Again, I'm fine if it comes down to Szeth 1st, me 2nd and me probably getting the chop if the exe skips the GM. I just want to see what happens. Maybe it let's us enter the real life portion of the game, who knows

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Archer is my most confident village read, for what it's worth. Bad kill imo.

Let's vote GM okay

Szeth_Pancakes

Then elims won't have anyone to complain to °•°

4 hours ago, Mark IV said:

What gives you that gut read, if you could elaborate?

Is that something you thought of too, or are you agreeing with me about the Exp train?

Hmm, makes me think it might be a good idea to complain at the GM? Or maybe even vote? 

The feeling's mutual, mate. Idk why, I'm just trying to find anything, but everything feels NAI, so far.

Unless a GM lynch is specifically in some sort of win condition for someone. But yeah,  I think I agree I think it's more likely Archer's just curious (as a villager or as elim, could be either) 

Anyone wanna complain at the GM? @Aeoryi?

I must keep my streak of never submitting an action. Maybe. Apparently there's 1 complaint already on szetha anyway

Also don't kill me please I don't deserve to die yet I haven't dones anything wrong don't kill me

LG97 Night Two: Pierced Through the Heart (But Never Killed)

One week ago…?

The Carnation Floral laughs. You’re sitting across from him, at a different table in the same room. One of his eyes is missing, black, malodorous liquid spilling from the wound down his face, dripping from his chin onto the table. It doesn’t seem to bother him. “You think you’re so clever, don’t you, with your little complaints?” he asks. “Sure. You hurt me.” He points to his empty eye socket. “But you can’t kill me. Not that easily, anyway.” He grins. “I’m a monster on the hill,” he sings. “Too big to hang out, slowly lurching toward your favorite city. Pierced through the heart… but never killed.” He speaks the last part, in a raspy baritone that sends a chill down your spine.

“Oh, and… congrats! You killed another one of your friends,” he says, returning to his usual singsong tenor. “Ar– Aschu here–” he snaps his fingers, and you see Aschu’s broken body, lying dead-eyed, slumped against the trunk of a tree– “was taken by the Constables. He’s dead because of you, you know. Think about that for a second: How are you better than me? Your killing is no more justified than mine. What does it matter that you’re trying to stop me? You’ve caused just as much damage.” Finished with his monologue, he sits back, forming a tent with his fingers. “Now: back to your game.”

------------

Vote Count:

Araris (1): DeTess

TKN (1): Matrim 

DeTess (1): Frustration

Archer (3): Stink, TKN, Mark

Szeth_Pancakes (2): Archer, Aeoryi

Aeoryi (1): Araris

Archer was executed! He was Not Affected, and a Fighter!

The turn ends at 5:30 PM PDT on FridayOctober 13. Spooky.... (╯✧▽✧)╯

Players:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Cain Abbel
  2. ExperienceNot Affected
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. @Araris Valerian - Whamsy, who ran into a wall really hard one day, “WHAM!” and now thinks he’s a shard.
  5. @Aeoryi - AMBITION, who ran into a wall really hard one day and now believes she is a shard.
  6. @DeTess
  7. Devotary of Spontaneity - Calephor, a Mage of House AzaleaNot Affected
  8. Archer - Aschu the BlessedNon-Affected Fighter
  9. @JNV - Jellin
  10. @Mark IV - Mark
  11. @Frustration
  12. @STINK

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

2 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

LG97 Night Two: Pierced Through the Heart (But Never Killed)

One week ago…?

The Carnation Floral laughs. You’re sitting across from him, at a different table in the same room. One of his eyes is missing, black, malodorous liquid spilling from the wound down his face, dripping from his chin onto the table. It doesn’t seem to bother him. “You think you’re so clever, don’t you, with your little complaints?” he asks. “Sure. You hurt me.” He points to his empty eye socket. “But you can’t kill me. Not that easily, anyway.” He grins. “I’m a monster on the hill,” he sings. “Too big to hang out, slowly lurching toward your favorite city. Pierced through the heart… but never killed.” He speaks the last part, in a raspy baritone that sends a chill down your spine.

“Oh, and… congrats! You killed another one of your friends,” he says, returning to his usual singsong tenor. “Ar– Aschu here–” he snaps his fingers, and you see Aschu’s broken body, lying dead-eyed, slumped against the trunk of a tree– “was taken by the Constables. He’s dead because of you, you know. Think about that for a second: How are you better than me? Your killing is no more justified than mine. What does it matter that you’re trying to stop me? You’ve caused just as much damage.” Finished with his monologue, he sits back, forming a tent with his fingers. “Now: back to your game.”

------------

Vote Count:

Araris (1): DeTess

TKN (2): Matrim, Archer

DeTess (1): Frustration

Archer (3): Stink, TKN, Mark

Szeth_Pancakes (2): Archer, Aeoryi

Aeoryi (1): Araris

Archer was executed! He was Not Affected, and a Fighter!

The turn ends at 5:30 PM PDT on FridayOctober 13. Spooky.... (╯✧▽✧)╯

Players:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. @The Known Novel - Cain Abbel
  2. ExperienceNot Affected
  3. @Matrim's Dice
  4. @Araris Valerian - Whamsy, who ran into a wall really hard one day, “WHAM!” and now thinks he’s a shard.
  5. @Aeoryi - AMBITION, who ran into a wall really hard one day and now believes she is a shard.
  6. @DeTess
  7. Devotary of Spontaneity - Calephor, a Mage of House AzaleaNot Affected
  8. Archer - Aschu the BlessedNon-Affected Fighter
  9. @JNV - Jellin
  10. @Mark IV - Mark
  11. @Frustration
  12. @STINK

Save me 

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Technically Archer voted Szeth and unvoted you, so the VC is wrong.

Huh, yeah, I see the two Archer votes. I wonder if that is necessarily a mistake. We'll see, I guess. 

Edit: Oh, nvm

And, ugh, I feel terrible about that. I'm sorry, Archer. Feels like I played for the elims regardless of whether I was on their team

Is the GM immune to complaints? I mean, the RP says "one week ago", so clearly the floral is still alive in current time, yes?

Edited by Mark IV
GM ninja :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm, next cycle is ExLo, right? Assuming the next 2 NKs go through. 3 elims seems probable to me, and I don’t see any way for the village to get through a bunch of tied votes.

Well, we could pretty easily make it if we have a protect Mage. Which I hope we do.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

I'm lodging a complaint against Szeth. He honestly deserves it at this point since we have no idea of what's going on. 

Also people make sure to grab investiture so that way rb or protec roles can actually function

I believe szeth already got 3 complaints. Mat and I submitted complaints, so that's 2/3 that I do know. And the write-up clearly mentions the Floral being disdainful of the complaints that us, the reader, used to try and kill him. 

6 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Save me 

Why do you keep saying this? There was but 1 vote on you in the write-up.

I'll respond to Mat's question a little later 

7 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You guys

I gave you one job

smh

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Exe correctly or Lose

@STINK @The Known Novel @Mark IV

Please can you explain to me why you voted Archer

Y'know posts like this from a guy who unless I've really missed some posts didn't make any for Archer's innocence or the like until basically just before the cycle ended and doesn't try to switch votes or anything seem a bit virtue-signalling? That probably isn't the right term so I'm happy to correct it if there's a better one but I like just woke up and haven't had my morning tea yet so apologies if this seems a tad aggressive or w/e

I'm not looking at TKN in a good light either mind but where's all this coming from did you have like a real nice PM with Archer 'cause I'd understand that always sucks to see a PM buddy go

Also also I already explained why I voted Archer I know it wasn't in the post where I did vote on Archer but it is in the thread so /shrug

I did have a PM with him but it was more that he was a decently obvious active villager who I did have in my top tier village reads the whole game

I understand that this isn’t a reason you really can sympathize with if you didn’t share the reads but I was sure enough and mentioned it enough times that it felt avoidable considering the votes that were cast

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

That seems an odd thing to forget... If you'd remembered, would you have moved your vote? And if yes, to who? If not, why not?

I most likely would have just unvoted Archer. Otherwise, maybe JNV, I don't think they're normally this active when village. STINK would also have a decent chance. Or Aeoryi if they weren't on their second game.

The thing is about Exlo is that no one really has any good leads, or really any sort of momentum. So unless:

A) people start talking, and people get either V!read or E!read

B. idk a scanner or something 

C) We get lucky and hit an Elim

Happens we're basically hopeless

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

I most likely would have just unvoted Archer. Otherwise, maybe JNV, I don't think they're normally this active when village. STINK would also have a decent chance. Or Aeoryi if they weren't on their second game.

I mean JNV being active is a good thing. MR65- was a bit of a oddity from them.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I did have a PM with him but it was more that he was a decently obvious active villager who I did have in my top tier village reads the whole game

I understand that this isn’t a reason you really can sympathize with if you didn’t share the reads but I was sure enough and mentioned it enough times that it felt avoidable considering the votes that were cast

I did too, but we exchanged like one message.

9 hours ago, DeTess said:

That seems an odd thing to forget... If you'd remembered, would you have moved your vote? And if yes, to who? If not, why not?

Hey hey hey it happens look it happens especially when you don't read all the messages as they come out you don't get to keep track of who voted whom.

10 hours ago, Mark IV said:

I believe szeth already got 3 complaints. Mat and I submitted complaints, so that's 2/3 that I do know. And the write-up clearly mentions the Floral being disdainful of the complaints that us, the reader, used to try and kill him. 

Why do you keep saying this? There was but 1 vote on you in the write-up.

I'll respond to Mat's question a little later 

Archer claims to have done so as well. So in theory Szeth should be at three complaints.

13 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hmm, next cycle is ExLo, right? Assuming the next 2 NKs go through. 3 elims seems probable to me, and I don’t see any way for the village to get through a bunch of tied votes.

What makes you think 3 elims

EDIT: I tried lodging a complaint against Szeth but it said Szeth_pancakes has already been removed. So I guess that happened.

Edited by Aeoryi