13 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Archer, why is it relevant that I am jaded to Ada's roelclaims? Would you have expected me to act differently in response to him as village versus elim?

The point is that you reacted differently than most other people. You bit first on the yellow text but joked about it instead of outright prodding. You then had a nuanced perspective on the full claim, which stands in contrast to the outright acceptance or rejection of most other players. That's what makes you an outlier. 

10 hours ago, |TJ| said:

ill repeat my above point. i was not happy because of the role, i was happy because i thought football flavor existed in the game. 

now about the reaction analysis. what is the assumption here? that there is an elim with football-like role? or there isnt? bcause what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with no knowledge of football and a baddie team with no footballers? similarly, what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with football role and a baddie who has knowledge of football teammates?

i think outliers would be - 

if baddie footballer exist -> non-football role [potential non-football baddie teammate knowing football role exists] or football role [the baddie footballer in the baddie team] plus quick silent acceptance = likely baddie
if no baddie footballer -> non-football role plus vehement doubt in the claim = likely baddie

Your excitement read as TMI - as if you already knew about the football roles and were faking excitement. 

I'll that there's some difficulty because of elims having advance warning because they have a football role on the team, but my understanding of the method is that it's premised on the idea that elims react differently, TMI or not. 

I have two concerns about switching from Silh:

-We let Fadran off last cycle basically on tone alone, which signalled the effectiveness of the kind of strategy Silh is using now. 

-I think that perception of time is being warped by space. Thread length is giving a false impression of how much conversation people have engaged with. I don't think it's necessarily true that most of the elims have meaningfully engaged with the possibility of Silh dying. The three ninjas waiting for me when I post this help demonstrate that. :P. 

But all this is moot because he's out-waited the interest of the thread. 

So silh TJ

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Agreed on Ash. 

Edit:

Here’s the post with some reads:

Ah thanks

Extrapolating what he said about Dannex— as interesting as it was that people were pressuring JNV/Bip but not Dannex, I think it’s equally interesting that Dannex is the only one of those three trains that actually went anywhere.

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

Your excitement read as TMI - as if you already knew about the football roles and were faking excitement. 

huh. how?

On 1/27/2023 at 9:30 PM, |TJ| said:

loooove that theres football themes in the game and love that referee role lmao. amanthony taylor, everyone! 

perhaps a point you dont know about me is that i am a huge football fan. and remember im playing the mad watcher so i be speaking like mad watcher. i was just genuinely excited about the roles mentioned by ada. 

but forget that. now that weve concurred that its unlikely there are football roles in the game how does your argument hold true? 

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

huh. how?

perhaps a point you dont know about me is that i am a huge football fan. and remember im playing the mad watcher so i be speaking like mad watcher. i was just genuinely excited about the roles mentioned by ada. 

but forget that. now that weve concurred that its unlikely there are football roles in the game how does your argument hold true? 

I don't know who the mad watcher is but I take it he's excitable? I'm partial to the elim troll and goalkeeper theory Aman raised. 

By the way Aman, you received 3 PMs and haven't raised the possibility of any of them being an elim looking to make contact with the neutral. Wassup with that? 

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

I have no idea who to vote for. Scud.

Would you mind leaving a vote on Silh for me while you decide? 

37 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Am willing to be scanned if that would ease people’s minds. Assuming Bookwyrm is village, at least :P.

Mm yes a very valid offer in a game that might have an elim troll

At this point my gut says village Aman, Stick, Wiz, and Mat. Again, copying strategies from the anon game, checking the most talkative people with scans or removing the most suspicious ones is probably the way to go. That's how I got caught as Croc. One of them has to be evil, just based on how distributions go and the need to keep at least one hand on the wheel to avoid a car crash. I don't see all four of those players being innocent 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

At this point my gut says village Aman, Stick, Wiz, and Mat. Again, copying strategies from the anon game, checking the most talkative people with scans or removing the most suspicious ones is probably the way to go. That's how I got caught as Croc. One of them has to be evil, just based on how distributions go and the need to keep at least one hand on the wheel to avoid a car crash. I don't see all four of those players being innocent 

*Laughs in QF64*

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

By the way Aman, you received 3 PMs and haven't raised the possibility of any of them being an elim looking to make contact with the neutral. Wassup with that? 

Oh I only got 2 PMs, did I accidentally say 3?

Anyway the one that's not Wizard seems village to me so we're just vibing rn

Edited by Amanuensis

@Amanuensis @_Stick_ I don’t think you guys understand Stan Voter at all. So maybe I was unclear in my explanation? Basically, if I had voted at the very beginning of D1, that vote would only count double if I never changed it. Like, I couldn’t vote shop in the first 24 hours and then keep it still for the second half. Once I made a vote in the first half, I had to stick with it to make it count double.

Anyway, all the confusion with this makes me pretty sure that Aman and Stick aren’t Stab Voters. :P

3 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Amanuensis @_Stick_ I don’t think you guys understand Stan Voter at all. So maybe I was unclear in my explanation? Basically, if I had voted at the very beginning of D1, that vote would only count double if I never changed it. Like, I couldn’t vote shop in the first 24 hours and then keep it still for the second half. Once I made a vote in the first half, I had to stick with it to make it count double.

Anyway, all the confusion with this makes me pretty sure that Aman and Stick aren’t Stab Voters. :P

I'm still confused honestly. WHO IS STAN!?

Edited by Amanuensis

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm still confused honestly. WHO IS STAN!?

teas gone cold im wonderin whyyyyyy 
i got outta bed at all
mornin rain clouds up my window
and i cant see at all
even if i could itll all be gray
but your picture on my wall
it reminds me that its not so bad
its not so baaad

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You saying that I don't seem village? :P

Oh no, I was village-reading you before Fae confirmed you. I excluded you because the confirmation makes the answer to Archer's question obvious

Edited by Amanuensis

13 hours ago, Sart said:

Has no one heard of PM Safety????

I mean, technically this is a Thread Safety issue, which I think is concretely different than PM safety. In general, the elims have more information about role distribution than the villagers do, but the village slowly catches up through flips. We don't get flips this game, so the only way to catch up is by claiming. Your point is valid; there are disruption roles and the elims can outright DDoS power roles, but each person I think can weigh the cost-benefit of claiming for themselves. And of course, no claim can be fully trusted.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

The point is that you reacted differently than most other people. You bit first on the yellow text but joked about it instead of outright prodding. You then had a nuanced perspective on the full claim, which stands in contrast to the outright acceptance or rejection of most other players. That's what makes you an outlier. 

I guess I would argue that outliers are more likely to be village, simply because elims put deliberate effort into blending in.

There are still lots of folks that haven't voted yet, is anyone willing to join me on Stick?

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

I guess I would argue that outliers are more likely to be village, simply because elims put deliberate effort into blending in.

There are still lots of folks that haven't voted yet, is anyone willing to join me on Stick?

Maybe. But my main questions with Stick is the idea of her having a Protect role distinct from a Goalkeeper, which doesn't seem to have appeared. Then again, Lynchbait and Analyst have similar functions with Analyst being more "safe" seeming. (Though Lynchbait might have advantages against Elim Trackers and Trollers.)

Did you get my question from earlier?

16 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Wait what’s your case on me :ph34r:

Also, I think I’m pretty painfully Village. Do I come off as detached as Toucan at all, Flamingo? 

Edit:

@ everyone who hasn’t voted, I request that you please do - twenty pages is a lot to read through so it’s understandable if you can’t go through the entire thread. Vote anyway please - feel free to ask questions and I’ll help catch you up to speed. Or, you know, if it applies: just ask your doc mates for help :P 

Edited by _Stick_

9 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

TBF you kind of were deliberately obfuscating your identity :P

Pfft details details 

7 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Ngl you seem kind of similar to LG91 Stick :eyes:

you misspelled LG90

5 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Someone's going to pull an exorcist and the thread will simply die. :P

Danexhave you anything to say in your defense?

While this vote checks out with your previously stated suspicions, what are your thoughts on Mat? And also Orlok.

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Pfft details details 

you misspelled LG90

While this vote checks out with your previously stated suspicions, what are your thoughts on Mat? And also Orlok.

Orlok seems legit.

Mat I think is probably legit? Gut read though is honestly elim. Not sure why.