3 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

Not going to protect your role buddy?

Seeker does take priority over Lurcher, sorry :P

Plus you tried to kill me last night.

And just so you know, I did consider Trolling you myself instead of banking on me getting Trolled last night.

I kinda wish I did for the lols :(

ED1T:

@Orlok Tsubodai current opinion of Stick?

Edited by Amanuensis

Stick I really appreciate your nudges for me to actually talk just by the way heres a thank you quokka but honestly theres too much stuff I concede on actually catching up in intimate detail and resort to skimming

Spoiler

85214094c666666091f7cbe97cb51dcf.jpg.8ade975143cf3f01cc55dea1449ab5d6.jpg

So roleclaims Adavantos is a Trollkeeper hybrid Randoms an RPer Faes a PM spider person whos also an SE Buddy who learned Wizards alignment as good and Wizard well we already knew Wizards Bookwyrms an Analyst which is a weirdly specific alignment scanner who confirms Striker as village which by proxy confirms whoever gets Strikers extra vote as village I kinda feel like this indicates good Wizard regardless of Faes alignment and I do lean village on Fae the sort of forthrightness with information would be advised against but that role in a two roled player especially cause by the precedent set by RPer various interactions hit a role randomly seems like something easily made up so on the basis of the roleclaim I read Wizard village on the basis of Faes general demeanor and lack of information security I read Fae village and I guess well see about Bookwyrm I dont really see the motive for evil them to claim that regardless of if they actually have the role cause like it confirms the alignment of a living person unless evil has vote manip alternatively Strikers evil lying about the alignment bit attached to the extra vote trying to get trust as a mouthpiece of untainted wisdom while spoonfeeding the village curated analysis from the evil doc I guess well see

You know what Im having a lot of fun actually this game is fun I dont regret signing up for this (yet) but Im tired and kind of caught up and tired so probably good night for now bye bye I can probably get on before rollover tomorrow though

Anyone else side-eying JNV for saying they're having fun despite that only being their second post? :eyes:

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Same and that is another reason I’m voting mat

What does that have to do with anything? xD I have a role, I just maybe have been smarter about what I've said about it than some people.

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Anyone else side-eying JNV for saying they're having fun despite that only being their second post? :eyes:

What does that have to do with anything? xD I have a role, I just maybe have been smarter about what I've said about it than some people.

Tbh I can’t really see an elim saying that, but JNV has pocketed me before so idk, don’t look at me if you want a good read of them

Also, I’m quite happy with the claims so far. We have a much clearer picture of the game and can take active steps towards our victory

For example, Bookwyrm can find out the alignment of whoever they vote today. We could use this tactically, and rn they have it on Araris, which I very much don’t mind

I would love an RPer or PM Spider to confirm their role just in case tho

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Tbh I can’t really see an elim saying that, but JNV has pocketed me before so idk, don’t look at me if you want a good read of them

Also, I’m quite happy with the claims so far. We have a much clearer picture of the game and can take active steps towards our victory

For example, Bookwyrm can find out the alignment of whoever they vote today. We could use this tactically, and rn they have it on Araris, which mind

It would be a weird thing to say, I agree. But it's also a weird thing for an almost inactive player to say regardless.

That being said, JNV, I'm glad you're having fun and that catching up wasn't painful :P

And I mean, yeah, the claims we have are helpful. I don't think mine would be though, not really. I'd rather keep the elims on their toes about it. But I doubt Wiz (or you, for that matter) would have fullclaimed if Fae/Randby respectively hadn't done it first, and that's kinda funny to me :P 

6 hours ago, Archer said:

Tonally, TJ and Orlok occupy very distinct ends of the spectrum. TJ was ecstatic while Orlok seemed very against the whole thing. This two responses were the most surprising for the level of conviction behind them. 

Factoring in reads, we’ve got villagers in most of the groups (eg Randby, Striker, Devo…). I’m inclined to believe a generic elim would show some level of skepticism about the opportunity, either through rejection or questioning.

ill repeat my above point. i was not happy because of the role, i was happy because i thought football flavor existed in the game. 

now about the reaction analysis. what is the assumption here? that there is an elim with football-like role? or there isnt? bcause what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with no knowledge of football and a baddie team with no footballers? similarly, what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with football role and a baddie who has knowledge of football teammates?

i think outliers would be - 

if baddie footballer exist -> non-football role [potential non-football baddie teammate knowing football role exists] or football role [the baddie footballer in the baddie team] plus quick silent acceptance = likely baddie
if no baddie footballer -> non-football role plus vehement doubt in the claim = likely baddie

but how to know is there is a baddie footballer. your guess is as good as mine.

6 hours ago, Amanuensis said:
  • A Troll Trolled a Troll who was Trolling and I randomly got the immunity effect for one cycle

@The Known Novel, did you troll someone last night?

4 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

TJ, what's your current opinion of Shining?

current thoughts on shining - "why are they the way they are? >>"

43 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Very funny coincidence tho

kas probably rofl-ing >> 

25 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

btw I am beginning to think role madness

only now????

and my reads... my poor reads are all converging to one big idk pile. ash goes low, stick goes low, maybe ada slightly high. 

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

ill repeat my above point. i was not happy because of the role, i was happy because i thought football flavor existed in the game. 

now about the reaction analysis. what is the assumption here? that there is an elim with football-like role? or there isnt? bcause what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with no knowledge of football and a baddie team with no footballers? similarly, what is the difference between the reaction of a goodie with football role and a baddie who has knowledge of football teammates?

i think outliers would be - 

if baddie footballer exist -> non-football role [potential non-football baddie teammate knowing football role exists] or football role [the baddie footballer in the baddie team] plus quick silent acceptance = likely baddie
if no baddie footballer -> non-football role plus vehement doubt in the claim = likely baddie

but how to know is there is a baddie footballer. your guess is as good as mine.

@The Known Novel, did you troll someone last night?

current thoughts on shining - "why are they the way they are? >>"

kas probably rofl-ing >> 

only now????

and my reads... my poor reads are all converging to one big idk pile. ash goes low, stick goes low, maybe ada slightly high. 

Wait. You trolled TKN?

20 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

At some point during D1 you went out of your way to suggest that you had no idea what Trolling was or that it existed and I think an elim would want to go that route because if they do have a Troll on their team they would have wanted to keep that under wraps for as long as they could

Also, if we know that there's some non-Aman Troll that Trolled Another Troll that was using their Troll - should these Trolls just claim? What's the downside to them claiming?

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

what. no how did you get that from what i said? my logic was that sins you got troll immunity, if tkn trolled someone then tkns target could be a troll. 

Oh, I thought you were claiming to explain that interaction and were calling TNK out on this post as a lie.

7 hours ago, The Known Novel said:

Sadge. 

Lying is fun. I will confirm that Aman is telling the truth about me, at least. I too was attempting to get Trolled, although I will say that unfortunately I was trying to kill Aman. My lies have mostly been based on me alternately believing and then not believing Aman. I initially claimed Midfielder because it was less risky than claiming Goalkeeper, but served the same purpose. Then I asked Kas a question, got a neither can nor can't confirm, then reread my role and decided Aman was a filthy liar, so I decided to kill him. Then I got happy that nobody trolled me because I realized Aman was probably just a Goalkeeper like me, and them he claimed Captain, I got very confused, and now my (third set of) original suspicions are confirmed. I do not like Stick off of this.

We are both Goalkeepers, I’m just also a Troll.

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, _Stick_ said:

At some point during D1 you went out of your way to suggest that you had no idea what Trolling was or that it existed and I think an elim would want to go that route because if they do have a Troll on their team they would have wanted to keep that under wraps for as long as they could

Also, if we know that there's some non-Aman Troll that Trolled Another Troll that was using their Troll - should these Trolls just claim? What's the downside to them claiming?

IMO the downside is that SE Players don't have a great track record for letting players with roles that can mess with Alignment Scans live :P

Tbh I’m surprised two village trolls would even troll N1. If I didn’t have a second role, I wouldn’t use it for a while

ED1T:

Which is why I’m leaning toward a role that grants Troll immunity. I’m slightly sus of Araris for this

Edited by Amanuensis

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

Well yeah. I didn't know what trolling was until it was brought up in thread, my role doesn't mention it.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

IMO the downside is that SE Players don't have a great track record for letting players with roles that can mess with Alignment Scans live :P

If they claim we can hold them accountable for their actions and track the number of unknown trolls if they come up

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

ED1T:

Which is why I’m leaning toward a role that grants Troll immunity. I’m slightly sus of Araris for this

Resurfacing this edit in case it was missed.

TBH I’m not opposed to the relevant Trolls revealing, if that is the case

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

theyll get suspected? xD

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Oh, I thought you were claiming to explain that interaction and were calling TNK out on this post as a lie.

ah okay no no. i got confused i thought tkn was a troll and not a gk. okay. 

BTW I think Fae is probably the only player with SE Buddy, since this is their first game and it’s fairly complicated. Would make sense to pair that with PM Spider to encourage them to make a PM with their Buddy and reveal that way, giving them a more experienced player to help them adapt. I could maybe see one more existing and not following the same exact logic, but the role does make sense to me as a standalone

ED1T:

What I’m curious about is if it can be RPed, and if so, does it reveal the same Buddy or a new one.

Most likely, RPers would just get Fae’s other role

Edited by Amanuensis