23 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Hmmm.

Archer, what's your current opinion of Walin?

TJ, what's your current opinion of Shining?

Aman, what's your current opinion of Stick?

Fae, what's your current opinion of Bookwyrm?

I’m tinfoiling Stick pretty hard still, but I always struggle to catch e!Stick and usually defer to others I trust who can read them better. I’m waiting for an answer to the question I asked her earlier, though, and her response could affect this.

• Shining(4): Archer, Wiz, Shining, Stick
  • Bip(1): Aman
  • Ash(1): Mat
  • Araris(1): TJ
  • Dannex(1): Ash
  • Archer(1): Fae
  • Stick(1): Araris

I thought about voting Stick just now to add pressure, but I do think Biplet needs some attention too.

Edited by Amanuensis

9 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Why's that?

I pegged Mouse fairly early as Village and haven’t been able to do the same this game. Understand she’s been very busy in comparison, but I would like to see more content from her. If she’s Village, she’ll probably convince me to look elsewhere. If not, then my vote might stay.

ED1T:

Did @Steeldancer ever confirm his role is Analyst, or is his different?

Nevermind I’m dumb

Edited by Amanuensis

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm currently at Stick, Bookwyrm, and Shining for my vote targets.

Why am I on this list?

I'm just going to vote Araris for now, not because I'm extremely suspicious, but because I can use the vote for an analysis, and I have to start somewhere.

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Why am I on this list?

I'm just going to vote Araris for now, not because I'm extremely suspicious, but because I can use the vote for an analysis, and I have to start somewhere.

To clarify, your role scans the alignment of the player you vote, or?

Bookwyrm, I had you as kinda suspicious before you claimed Alignment Scanner.

Also, does that power work on Living players? Don't necessarily answer, but if we can get an alignment scan on Fae we can clear two people for the price of one.

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

To clarify, your role scans the alignment of the player you vote, or?

Ooooh that'd be a neat trick.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I have the option to scan the alignment of either the person I voted for or one of the people who voted for me.

I see. Submit the option at night, receive order in the day?

Neat. RPers may want to verify and expand.

Edited by Amanuensis

Fun roles. Much room for chaos.

Fortunately, the elims only have one kill and one Troll a night (potentially two kills with a Goalkeeper and a Troll, but then they can’t Troll us), so assuming village Trolls chill out, there’s a lot of ways we can grab info.

ED1T:

Two Troll team could work, but I would severely doubt them having a Goalkeeper then.

Edited by Amanuensis

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Fortunately, the elims only have one kill and one Troll a night (potentially two kills with a Goalkeeper and a Troll, but then they can’t Troll us), so assuming village Trolls chill out, there’s a lot of ways we can grab info.

... why would they only have one Troll?

Also is it the wrong alignment? Like directly reversed? Because that, uh... that can be used.

4 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

... why would they only have one Troll?

Also is it the wrong alignment? Like directly reversed? Because that, uh... that can be used.

I just addressed this in my edit lol.

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

ED1T:

Two Troll team could work, but I would severely doubt them having a Goalkeeper then.

And yes, if it’s just the opposite alignment, but Bookwyrm doesn’t get told they were Trolled. They have to second guess every result after claiming now until we find the elim Trolls.

ED1T:

Balance wise, more than 2 Trolls feels insane. They’re basically a variant on redirect roles, which are very powerful. Especially when they reverse every role in a blackout game where accurate information is vital.

Edited by Amanuensis

Can someone remind me if Wiz or Fae have claimed to scan anyone yet? Or is that their even night action? Also, something that's been bothering me about the PM spider role is that it's so unlike the other roles we're aware of so far. It's apparently one role but with two different powers. I have two powers from two different roles. Does that mean someone could be a PM spider and something else and get three powers?

I will say, if Bookwyrm's role is real, that will be a huge boon. And will quickly lead to us getting a nice web of alignments going. That plus my whoever my Lynchbait goes off on.

8 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Balance wise, more than 2 Trolls feels insane. They’re basically a variant on redirect roles, which are very powerful. Especially when they reverse every role in a blackout game where accurate information is vital.

What about this game has not been insane? :P

If you think there's 1 Troll who's not you, then that doesn't give the Elims a lot of room to maneuver. We have an alignment scanner and could have had 2 people copying him. Plus either a Troll already hit another Troll, or there's another mechanic that gives people Troll Immunity. Plus like half the players haven't claimed anything yet, Araris softclaims being able to watch Trolls happen which could just nullify Trolling Bookwyrm. And 2-3 Lurchers who could be trying to Protect in hopes of not getting trolled or could be trying to draw a Troll and murder someone.

It just seems too simple.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Can someone remind me if Wiz or Fae have claimed to scan anyone yet? Or is that their even night action? Also, something that's been bothering me about the PM spider role is that it's so unlike the other roles we're aware of so far. It's apparently one role but with two different powers. I have two powers from two different roles. Does that mean someone could be a PM spider and something else and get three powers?

It is even night only. So you will know soon. It's to the flavor of being able to extract information from people in PMs, but you don't have to be in a PM with a player to target them.

16 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I will say, if Bookwyrm's role is real, that will be a huge boon. And will quickly lead to us getting a nice web of alignments going. That plus my whoever my Lynchbait goes off on.

I have confirmation from a third PM Spider that on Odd Nights they can open a permanent PM between two players, and on Even Nights they can learn something about a player. I do imagine learning their alignment is possible from this, given that would create natural opportunities for a small PM network to form over time. Even just learning someone's role gives a PM Spider reason to send that player a PM next cycle and to use it as leverage. Flavor-wise it makes sense too, because PM is just half of the name. Spidering is gathering info.

15 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

What about this game has not been insane? :P

If you think there's 1 Troll who's not you, then that doesn't give the Elims a lot of room to maneuver. We have an alignment scanner and could have had 2 people copying him. Plus either a Troll already hit another Troll, or there's another mechanic that gives people Troll Immunity. Plus like half the players haven't claimed anything yet, Araris softclaims being able to watch Trolls happen which could just nullify Trolling Bookwyrm. And 2-3 Lurchers who could be trying to Protect in hopes of not getting trolled or could be trying to draw a Troll and murder someone.

It just seems too simple.

My guess is something 4 V!Trolls(maybe more?) and 2 E!Trolls(max). We have no reason to believe in 3 E!Trolls at the moment, but if that changes, then so will my assumption that this game isn't entirely kayana :P

Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

o.o

No dead doc then. Spectators must be having fun with this. And the GMs laughing their heads off at this assumption.

Kas has alluded to a state after "orange" so idk about that. I like my theory that every time an elim gets killed, the orange players are purged. But then the game isn't really flipless :P so nvm I'm going to white that all out

Edited by Amanuensis