1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Pretty lame theater since I just ignored her vote on me tbh

Ah, but you see, that's the point! You're ignoring her advances on you, which is just great drama! You're doing this so masterfully, Mat!

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Pretty lame theater since I just ignored her vote on me tbh

More that I think the optimal strat for elims is to distance consistently without actually following through in a meaningful way, and I could see e!Stick doing it by prodding you.

It's tinfoil obviously, I just wanted to call it on the off chance my random paranoid concern was right :P 

Just now, Amanuensis said:

More that I think the optimal strat for elims is to distance consistently without actually following through in a meaningful way, and I could see e!Stick doing it by prodding you.

It's tinfoil obviously, I just wanted to call it on the off chance my random paranoid concern was right :P 

Do elims really have any incentive to distance this game? 

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Do elims really have any incentive to distance this game? 

I think so yeah. If they go hard into defending each other, they risk showing us connections. I'm also certain they started with the assumption of alignment scanners, which we do apparently have

Has no one heard of PM Safety???? By my count, at least a third of the players have role-claimed. Sure, some of them could be lies (Aman), but I'm betting that most of them are accurate. Some of them are just too specific, while others are easily proven. You do realize there are trolls that can mess with abilities, right? This is like giving burglars the blueprints to your house!

No real analysis, just total bafflement at this point.

Just now, Amanuensis said:

I've been village reading her since D1 for the first time ever

Isn’t that like the third time you’ve said that in the last three games or something xD

I don’t think I had a read on her tbh, which is pretty standard for me. I think that her claim and verification of multiple roles is village indicative though.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Isn’t that like the third time you’ve said that in the last three games or something xD

I don’t think I had a read on her tbh, which is pretty standard for me. I think that her claim and verification of multiple roles is village indicative though.

Nah, I always struggle to read Devo and usually go back and forth until one of us is dead.

2 minutes ago, Sart said:

Has no one heard of PM Safety???? By my count, at least a third of the players have role-claimed. Sure, some of them could be lies (Aman), but I'm betting that most of them are accurate. Some of them are just too specific, while others are easily proven. You do realize there are trolls that can mess with abilities, right? This is like giving burglars the blueprints to your house!

TBF most Trolls are probably Village and this information helps them not cause big problems by random chance. 

3 minutes ago, Sart said:

Yup! And now that's part of the great IKYK of this thread. I did claim and just ended up fully claiming when Fae did. My even nights work differently than you'd think. :ph34r:

Another Aman/Wiz/Mat mindmeld? XD

1 minute ago, Sart said:

I almost feel like having many roles exposed rather than a few powerful ones is good. It’s not like they can Troll all of us. At least there’s more to discuss now/more information out in the open. 

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

Oh yeah I am Troll immune tonight, so I'll be able to Lurch anyone that's not myself without fear of them dying.

Probably going to go with Bookwyrm. 

I’d say flip a coin between Bookwyrm/Wiz :eyes: Keep the elims guessing 

7 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

^TJ the first to refer to me as a "keeper" which led me to immediately believe he was also a Goalkeeper. Him going along with my Referee lie looked good too, but he's since been gradually 180ing and I can't help but wonder why. @|TJ|

bro. bro. oh my god it was a joke. like the most universal football pun. like... youre a keeper. you know. like hes a keeper hold on to him. like relationship material. like green flags guy. smh smh look at the phrasing and the emoji at the end of the statement howcouldyou think i was seriousssss. smh.

to be clear, i had no knowledge of football related stuff which is why i was very happy it was included flavor-wise. my role is thematically similar to the se game flavor like analyst, pm spider, etc etc. 

1 minute ago, |TJ| said:

bro. bro. oh my god it was a joke. like the most universal football pun. like... youre a keeper. you know. like hes a keeper hold on to him. like relationship material. like green flags guy. smh smh look at the phrasing and the emoji at the end of the statement howcouldyou think i was seriousssss. smh.

to be clear, i had no knowledge of football related stuff which is why i was very happy it was included flavor-wise. my role is thematically similar to the se game flavor like analyst, pm spider, etc etc. 

ah ok that makes me feel better

Very funny coincidence tho

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

The issue with this is either we've broken Kas's game wide open on D2, or we're about to get run over by a freight train.

Like E!Veteran!Bookwyrm or something.

By Vet do you mean kill everyone who visits or something else?

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I just addressed this in my edit lol.

And yes, if it’s just the opposite alignment, but Bookwyrm doesn’t get told they were Trolled. They have to second guess every result after claiming now until we find the elim Trolls.

ED1T:

Balance wise, more than 2 Trolls feels insane. They’re basically a variant on redirect roles, which are very powerful. Especially when they reverse every role in a blackout game where accurate information is vital.

Kas said multiple Trolls just troll harder, so if we have a claimed village troll (you probably) trolling them, we can extrapolate from there.

1 hour ago, Shining Silhouette said:

ironically I never lie in this game

except for when I do

Ash

That is how one plays this game.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Bro if you look at the context of that claim I’m sure you can easily put together what it was intending to do. If I were a Goalkeeper I’d have claimed a football role. 

I really don't like this.

Are you an actual typical Lurcher? What happens when you get Trolled? 

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

I think I buy your Goalkeeper!TKN theory but yeah idk if I can believe role claims coming from you :P You could be on an elim team with a Goalkeeper. My main concern is why you were itching for a kill C1… 

It's technically not a theory as I claimed Goalkeeper. 

53 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Oh yeah we’re past Rollovet Shining Mat

...Are you claiming Stab Voter or do you like protect whoever you vote for at the end of Rollovet?

48 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

@Biplet is incredible and amazing and beautiful and can obviously do no wrong. :P

To be fair, we're on D2 and just barely halfway through and have 16 pages. This is a significantly harder game to keep up with, especially with how busy of a week she has this week. I'll let her talk more about that though, if she wants.

This is the correct response. 

17 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Oh yeah I am Troll immune tonight, so I'll be able to Lurch anyone that's not myself without fear of them dying.

Probably going to go with Bookwyrm. 

Not going to protect your role buddy?