46 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

*mutters about mobile formatting*

Yes, I can, but I can't move a vote until next week. 

*mutters something about remembering to spell-check my own posts before people quote them with all the horrible mistakes still in place*

But yeah, unless you can think of another way in which you could make more use of your role, using it to clear you might be very helpful. Plus, vote manipulation can be very useful in the late game.

Edited by Aranduensis

10 hours ago, Aranduensis said:

I'll be dropping a vote on Alvron instead. they've said very little of substance, and though they do have a role-claim on record, it came after the naming convention was already revealed, and it's something very hard to check. They where also very late to actually join in the vote against Devotary, and their comment about having to vote bothers me a lot. Unfortunately, explaining the exact reason why would involve revealing something I've been told in PM's that I probably shouldn't, but if @Renalvgade could elaborate on why he made that comment, it might set some of my suspicions to rest.

To be fair, I normally say very little of substance. :P 
My role is very easy to check.  Have two players tied in the lynch and I'll say approximately 5 minutes before the end of the cycle which direction I'm breaking the tie. Voila.

As for my comment about having to vote. It's not role related but rather playstyle related. I have a very bad habit of not voting. Before the game started I wanted to make sure I voted every cycle.  I was happy to wait until the end of the cycle before placing my vote in the hopes I could get a tie should someone (Elephant) break it.  Sadly that didn't happen and instead a pile of votes went on Devotary.  I could've just thrown my vote on someone else but I viewed that as the same as not voting.  So while I didn't need need to vote. I did need to vote.

52 minutes ago, Renalvgade said:

To be fair, I normally say very little of substance. :P 
My role is very easy to check.  Have two players tied in the lynch and I'll say approximately 5 minutes before the end of the cycle which direction I'm breaking the tie. Voila.

Unfortunately, unless we've got something ridiculous like a quintuple tie, it'll only really prove something if you're wrong, as you'd have a 50% chance to be right regardless of whether you have the role you claim or not. Your readiness to put it to the test is noted though.

And I'm fairly sure I've seen you post more of substance in other games, as this game is particularly light on stuff from you. I'll take a look through your last few games to check on the 'not-voting' thing and the substance thing to confirm I'm not misrememebring, though.

12 hours ago, Aranduensis said:

Droughts reveal that he knew of a couple of roles that could have obfuscated someone's alignment was interesting however, and I'd like to know if he can elaborate on that a bit more. Could the results of Rath's current role-scan be a result of that, for example?

I know of a 'teleporter' role.

1. Droughtbringer
  2. Xinoehp512
  3. Furamirionind
  4. Young Bard
  5. Randuir
  6. Steeldancer
  7. I think I am here.
  8. Fifth Scholar
  9. Cadmium Compounder
  10. Lumgol
  11. Snipexe
  12. Alvron
  13. Rathmaskal
  14. Araris
  15. Kidpen
  16. Amanuensis
  17. Sapphire Elephant
  18. Walin

Green = Eliminator read
Purple = Slight Eliminator read
Black = Neutral/no read
Orange = Spammer read

As you can see, I don't have any Spammer reads at the moment. Without having gone through in-depth on all of the thread, I'm mostly going based on memory (flawed though that may be) and discounting the possibilty of conversions.

Because we've gotten confirmation from Xino and Lum on how Rath received the neutral conversion, I believe we can also count Rath as not being converted by the spammers as well (which really would have been a bad idea anyway), since my scan apparently occured after the Lum conversion. This is just conjecture though, because I don't know the order of the Babaji conversion.

Also, I am willing to at least test Alvron's claim, as we were willing to try with other claims.

16 minutes ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

I know of a 'teleporter' role.

Are you able to explain what that entails?

For now, I'll place a vote on Walin

Vote Count:

Rathmaskal (1) - Seventh Saint
Alvron (1) - Aranduensis
Kidpen (1) - Metabardnition
Araris (1) - Furamirionind
Walin (1) - Elandera

14 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Hmm. Can we jus tleave it with a five way vote to let Alv for sure be able to prove his role? Personally I would recommend either Walin or Araris. 

The problem at the moment would be Aranduensis, whose vote counts as two. So he'd have to remove his vote, or one person would have to hop on at least a few of the other options.

Edited by Elandera

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

The problem at the moment would be Aranduensis, whose vote counts as two. So he'd have to remove his vote, or one person would have to hop on at least a few of the other options.

Doesn't his vote count for three?  I thought last cycles vote count had 2 extra votes added.

Edit:  Just checked and it is two extra votes.

(9+2) Crimsn Chanarach: Aranduensis, Cadmium Compounder, xinoehp512, Kidpen, Rae, Maill, Bard, Eland, alVoidus

46 minutes ago, Renalvgade said:

Doesn't his vote count for three?  I thought last cycles vote count had 2 extra votes added.

Edit:  Just checked and it is two extra votes.

As far as I understand, just one. I think there was someone else unclaimed responsible for that second additional vote.

Here is a thought, we could cast no votes at all today for a... 18? way tie? then Alv could choose to kill any of us... : )

EDIT: I am not so sure I like it, but the thread has been quieter than normal this game, so thought I would say something. : )

Edited by Furamirionind

3 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

Here is a thought, we could cast no votes at all today for a... 18? way tie? then Alv could choose to kill any of us... : )

EDIT: I am not so sure I like it, but the thread has been quieter than normal this game, so thought I would say something. : )

That seems.... Frightening. I trust Alv as far as I can throw him. It's possible he's still a convert, not lying about his ability, so giving him free reign over the lynch seems dangerously close to possibly giving elims a second kill this turn.

Hmm...I'm still reading through all of this, keep in mind, but for right now I'm going to put a placeholder vote on |247|-| . Can't have a containment breach, now can we? The SCP Foundation monitors the Internet, and seeing a memetic-effect inducing SCP being mentioned on the Internet is of particular note.

There may be a broader radius to 247's field than prior anticipated; recommended change to containment room and a thorough sweep for fiber optics and wires going offline. This site was supposed to be off the grid.

-------------

As an aside--for as long as I'm alive, I'll make a reference to a new thing or two on the Internet; call it "sneaky spam" or "experienced forum dweller," but I need a shtick to come up with stuff for more RP.

Edited by Walin

Alright, I know this is a double-post, but I just realized that |247|-| is Rath, so I'm leaving my vote on him. While Alvron is somewhat suspicious, I'd rather leave it up to chance that he dies--if he gets to prove his claim (which I only skimmed over) then all the better. Secondly, if Aranduensis unvotes on Alvron, I'll be up on the randomized chopping block, and I don't want that.

--Be me

--Trying to find spammers on the Internet

--Steepledfingers.jpg

--I read some of the posts and it looks like long-time players are getting banned in the meantime

--Press F

--I make references to things only experienced interneters would understand

--They're almost so obscure only a spammer would link to them

--Grusplan.jpg

--What do I do

I was really banking on Devotary being Babaji / me being killed last night, to be honest. Now I'm a bit lost as to where we go from here. I think our best bet at finding more Spammers is D2, still. After the loss of Guest and Road I can't see any teammate jumping on that lynch too early. If someone else other than me can do analysis on that before this turn ends I would be extremely grateful. I have a Programming exam tomorrow morning so I'm busy cramming

I've looked through LG51, which was the most recent 'standard' game in which Alv played, and the difference in play-style was striking. Alv was very proactive that game, suggesting plans and pushing for information, so I'm not buying the 'I always am low on content' argument at all, so my vote is staying. For those looking to create a multi-tie, I add an additional two votes when I'm the first to vote on someone. I initially kept it more vague in the hope of maybe baiting out a false claim, but that's not looking very likely.

Edited by Aranduensis

2 minutes ago, Aranduensis said:

I've looked through LG51, which was the most recent 'standard' game in which Alv played, and the difference in play-style was striking. Alv was very proactive that game, suggesting plans and pushing for information, so I'm not buying the 'I always am low on content' argument at all, so my vote is staying. For those looking to create a multi-tie, I add an additional two votes when I'm the first to vote on someone. I initially kept it more vague in the hope of maybe baiting out a false claim, but that's not looking very likely.

We literally posted at the exact same time, I think :lol: I'm pretty happy to lynch Alv, not gonna lie (sorry Alv), but I'd like to go over D2 again before I place a vote.

I'm a bit at loss for what to do personally. I havent been analyzing much this cycle, because I've been trying to figure out a good plan to go through with, and I've decided honesty for the remainder of this week might be best. I currently have a goal to be lynched. But the lynch has to be this cycle. If I complete that goal, then I win, but the game doesnt end so everyone else can also still have a chance of winning

Unfortunately for me, I did a fairly good job of clearing myself by being one of the leaders of the lynch on devotary, and I havent been able to find a way to " 'accidentally'reveal that I've somehow become converted to the spammers."

With that, I will be placing a vote on Cadmium Compounder and I'll invite the rest of you to also participate. I completely understand if you choose not to though, as after all, voting on me would kill one of the people that is most likely an eliminator.(village). And that would only hurt the village in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I currently have a goal to be lynched. But the lynch has to be this cycle. If I complete that goal, then I win, but the game doesnt end so everyone else can also still have a chance of winning

@Adavantos @NotASteelClone is it possible CadCom isnt an eliminator or spammer? That's what it sounds like to me...

I have a ton of stuff to do today for school, so idk how much analysis or stuff I will be able to post.

1 minute ago, NotASteelClone said:

I apologize for the lower amount of contribution from me today, I’ve had a very busy couple of days and today isn’t going to be much better. 

You're still way more active then me. :P

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'm a bit at loss for what to do personally. I havent been analyzing much this cycle, because I've been trying to figure out a good plan to go through with, and I've decided honesty for the remainder of this week might be best. I currently have a goal to be lynched. But the lynch has to be this cycle. If I complete that goal, then I win, but the game doesnt end so everyone else can also still have a chance of winning

Unfortunately for me, I did a fairly good job of clearing myself by being one of the leaders of the lynch on devotary, and I havent been able to find a way to " 'accidentally'reveal that I've somehow become converted to the spammers."

With that, I will be placing a vote on Cadmium Compounder and I'll invite the rest of you to also participate. I completely understand if you choose not to though, as after all, voting on me would kill one of the people that is most likely an eliminator.(village). And that would only hurt the village in the long run. 

...sure, why not. CadCom.

@Cadmium Compounder, this is very interesting. Have you just been told about this role today?

I'll lynch you as you want, but I'm sad to lose someone who's defended me and who would have been a great team player, had I converted you. Cadcom. I'll miss you.

Edited by Mailliw772

28 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

@Cadmium Compounder, this is very interesting. Have you just been told about this role today?

I'll lynch you as you want, but I'm sad to lose someone who's defended me and who would have been a great team player, had I converted you. Cadcom. I'll miss you.

I found out about this at the beginning of the weekend cycle. I am still a villager, and that's part of why I didnt try to "slip" and make you all think I was an eliminator. I will most likely only have this goal until the end of this week turn.  So if I survive, I would return to a standard villager role. 

By doing this, I'm taking the easy way out, instead of continuing to try to work as a team until the eliminator win, as I will be removed from the game if I'm lynched. 

That is why I dont want you to vote on me if you think that you have a better vote option with someone else. Actually, please dont vote on me if you think you have a better vote.