7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

I can see May i Suggest the Only Joe’s point, claiming a third party faction is a good way to cover an elim team. People even suspected the EBI of doing it back in AN2 (I think).

But I don’t think we should kill them. Scanning seems more appropriate

I dont disagree with this, however, they have 3 people claiming to be converted.  They are also communicating who they intend to convert... therefore, an elim who is not converted couldn't claim without being caught in the lie.

Assuming 2 spammers, 3 people claiming to be converted should imply that the role does in fact exist.  If there are 3 spammers (which I dont think there will be more than), we should be able to test that next turn as there should be two converts.

45 minutes ago, Elandera said:

It serves literally no purpose, and really can't be classified as a faction. We can't communicate other than in the thread, just like everyone else. We all still retain our alignment, but just have the difficulty of needing to convert everyone in order to win alongside the village. As long as the people converted are villagers, we all still want a village win, with the stipulation that we are able to convert everyone first. I'm of the mentality that if I technically lose, but village wins, that's good enough for me.

However, suggesting we should hunt down a third faction that has not caused any harm seems a bit extreme. And a bit like a spammer attempting to get people off their trail.

If I was a faction that was against the village, I would attempt to convince everyone else that I was working with the village.

11 minutes ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

If I was a faction that was against the village, I would attempt to convince everyone else that I was working with the village.

The faction isn't inherently working with the village. If a spammer gets converted, they would keep the original wincon of the spammers. They'd just win if all the players at the end of the game were also converted, whether village or not.

If we had to lynch one of the three people claiming the conversion role tomorrow, which would people choose? Frankly, I have mild to moderate suspicion on all three of them, Elandera and Rath for their poor positioning on past lynches with Eliminators and unclear roleclaiming, and Lumgol simply because I’m worried her win condition isn’t what she says it is, and that it’s conflicting with the village. Rather than hunting inactives, I might suggest lynching one of these three tomorrow to prove their honesty.

Edit: Prior vote counts, for convenience:

cycle 1

3) reklawdaoR: Elandera, Metabardnition, Crimsn
(1) High Priest of Lord Tekiel: Furamirionind,
(1) Gammalv Fiend: Araris Valerian,
(1) ITIAH: Cadmium Compounder,
(1) NotASteelClone: Seventh Saint,
(1) Aranduensis: Mailliw772,
(5) Guest103492: HPoLT, tiny wilson, NotASteelClone, Jon, Gammalv.

cycle 2

(9+2) Crimsn Chanarach: Aranduensis, Cadmium Compounder, xinoehp512, Kidpen, Rae, Maill, Bard, Eland, alVoidus

(5) Seventh Saint: Seventh Saint, Sapphire Elephant, Steel, Rathmaskal, Crimsn Chanarach

(1) Cadmium Compounder: I think I am here

(1) Aranduensis: Mailliw772, 

(2) alVoidus: Adavantos, Araris Valerian

(1) Sapphire Elephant: Furamirionind

cycle 3

Rath (3): Walin, Bard, Alv

Alv (3): Ada, Araris, Elan

CadCom (3): CadCom, Xino, Snip

Itiah (1): Fura

Snip (3): Rand

Lum (1): Fifth

Drought (1): Itiah

Edited by Seventh Saint

1 hour ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

Why exactly would we be talking so openly about what we do if we were anything but village aligned? 

Also, if we were spammers, why would we not just talk about it in our doc? I honestly don't see how our focus on the 'faction' (which is more of a role than faction) is helping win the game. Are we really ready to miss a chance to lynch a spammer for this?

9 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

If we had to lynch one of the three people claiming the conversion role tomorrow, which would people choose? Frankly, I have mild to moderate suspicion on all three of them, Elandera and Rath for their poor positioning on past lynches with Eliminators and unclear roleclaiming, and Lumgol simply because I’m worried her win condition isn’t what she says it is, and that it’s conflicting with the village. Rather than hunting inactives, I might suggest lynching one of these three tomorrow to prove their honesty.

What poor lynch position? I made sure Alvron was in the running of potential targets for his supposed claim. Yes, my decision to switch to Devotary could be seen as distancing, but it was an honest effort to avoid vote manipulation from messing with our decided target. And I've already explained the Roadwalker thing.

Sorry if I seem super exasperated. I just don't see how any of this is helping solve the game.

7 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Sorry if I seem super exasperated. I just don't see how any of this is helping solve the game.

That's fair. 

The way I see it, is that you guys may not have a means of communication, and, lacking that, you were forced to communicate in thread. So, one of you came up with the idea of acting as if you were able to win with the village, and everyone else took up on it and continued the idea.

I'm more concerned that I am missing something, and that the village might end up losing the game due to blindly trusting your faction.

I'd like to point out that winning with the village was one of the first things I mentioned about my faction - in my initial roleclaim. This was when Elandera was the only convert and she had yet to say anything about the faction for a while.

Hmmm... Can one of the Converts ask Joe how much of the players alignment gets revealed to the thread if that player is lynched/vig killed? It might be the easiest way to ease everyones paranoia for you to convert one of our top suspicions for the lynch, then lynch that person and see what else comes up on top of their regular role.

31 minutes ago, Metabardnition said:

Hmmm... Can one of the Converts ask Joe how much of the players alignment gets revealed to the thread if that player is lynched/vig killed? It might be the easiest way to ease everyones paranoia for you to convert one of our top suspicions for the lynch, then lynch that person and see what else comes up on top of their regular role.

I'm pretty sure that if a convert is lynched, the extra role will be the same color as their original alignment. That's my educated guess anyway.

35 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

I'm pretty sure that if a convert is lynched, the extra role will be the same color as their original alignment. That's my educated guess anyway.

But we should be able to gather information about the roll on the spreadsheet.

2 minutes ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

But we should be able to gather information about the roll on the spreadsheet.

That's true. However, we know all of the spammer roles. What we're claiming is completely different from what any of the spammers do, and once we have more converts the next day, we'll be able to prove that there's more than 3 of us, which is bigger than we assume the spammer faction to be.

Edited by Mailliw772

Ok, heading home from setup at the competition.  Am going to bed once I get home, and am a bit rushed/tired while saying this, so please excuse my forwardness.

Why are we still talking about the trolls-that-arent-trolls? Nothing anything they have said has rung any alarm bells in my head.  I could see Elandera getting converted by the spammers as she would be a good person that is fairly trusted, yet under the radar, but so are some others...  That being said, I dont see any reason not to trust her right now.

This conversation about the trolls-that-arent-trolls is getting us nowhere.  It is giving us no more info as to them and their abilities, and no info as to possible spammers.

I am growing increasingly apprehensive of Drought. Crusader if you are out there...

Edited by Furamirionind
darn autocorrect. meant out not put.

20190330_001807.thumb.jpg.d03a4818fa52f2e3e19527b501b569df.jpg

Where the heck were you the other night??

School and work, Long day, so i fell asleep. . . Sorry.

Fair enough I suppose. They killed Rath - he was a SE'er. Also, why do you suddenly have a CULT??? -_-

Lil' Wilson died, so I had nothing holding me back. Thus begains a new age, without Light or Shadow.

. . . Kay

I have an opening for High Priestess. Want in?

//sighs// I'm already the high priestess of *my* coven.    --- I suppose one more wouldn't be *too* awful.

Rathmaskal was killed! They were Metacognition and JOE.

Edited by A Joe in the Bush
Rathmaskal was killed! And got stuck in the spoiler.

*Sigh*

Well, as Rath died, I suppose I don't need to confirm the existence of the "JOE" role... As I was converted last night.
For the others with the JOE role, I don't intend to do any converting...

*Bigger sigh*

Also, I was redirected last night. I would really like to know why.  I was very limited in what I would be able to do last night as no one voted on me :cry:, so the redirect caused my action to fail.  I was redirected to Drought.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH - *Me, yelling in frustration*

EDIT:

As the only player who has claimed a redirect role:
Xino

Edited by Furamirionind

hi every1 im not new!!!!!!! *holds up WoK* my name is walin but u can call me t3h ShaRD3r oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^… im zero years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 listen too Shardcast w/ my disCord buddies (i spend more time there if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite Podcast!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! theyre random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h ShaRD3r oF d00m

---------------

...I'm sorry; I couldn't find any other clean copypastas to Shardify. I'll have to come up with a less cringeworthy Internet reference to put in my RP next time. Perhaps I'll just do popular Reddit phrases--as a warning, do *not* look any of them up; I can think of literally one that doesn't link to an R-rated story (though the phrases themselves are quite innocuous). If that's not allowed, I'll come up with something else.

----------------

For analysis of what just happened: that's kind of strange. If Rath had a tie with Alv last cycle, I wonder why the eliminators would choose to kill Rath rather than letting him serve as a scapegoat while they targeted someone else. I read Weekend 3, and it didn't look like anyone else was a possibility for the lynch today (there were a few suspicions mentioned, but the majority of the discussion revolved around the troll team)--could someone with more (cough, any; I still haven't read much) knowledge on Week 3 or with more analysis ability bring some insight to the table?

I don't have anyone to vote on; a lack of analysis ability and a lack of suspicions combine to form a very indecisive Sharder.

It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator who killed Rath. This means the Spambots did not kill last night, or tried to take out someone that was protected. If any protection roles for the village know there was a failed attack, please say so. Until then, we have the following possibilities:

1) The final Spambots are inactive. 

2) The final Spambots had to prove their supposedly village alignment and were thus unable to kill. This also could have happened to anyone in the Joe faction, which is spreading it seems. 

3) The target of the Spambots was protected. 

Why did I lie about my role? I really didn’t want to get roleblocked by Vashikaran, and wanted freedom to choose my kill target. I actually drew an unblockable Coinshot killing role for an MR, and didn’t want interference. 

Why did I kill Rath? To verify his claims, mostly, and to confirm what we knew about the Joe faction. This also makes Elandera look better slightly by association, though I’m unhappy it did so at the expense of what seems to be a very powerful role. 

@Seventh Saint, don't forget the possibility of the spam-bots also targeting Rath. ( @A Joe in the Bush, @xxGaea, would we be informed if someone was killed by multiple different attacks?)

I also find it odd that the crusader seems to be refraining from killing. @Adavantos, you had PM contact with them, so presumably know who they are. Do you think it's possible that they have been converted?

Anyway, I'd say that with Rath's death, Elandera and Mailliw's role has been confirmed (though either could be the convert).

Anyway, of those that could possibly be an OG spammer (if there still is one), only Walin didn't post last night, so he'd be the obvious suspect if the spammers forgot to put in the kill.

6 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Also, I was redirected last night. I would really like to know why.  I was very limited in what I would be able to do last night as no one voted on me :cry:, so the redirect caused my action to fail.  I was redirected to Drought.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH - *Me, yelling in frustration*

EDIT:

As the only player who has claimed a redirect role:
Xino

Well that’s interesting, because I was redirected as well, to Xino.

I was roleblocked for the second time (presumably by the Vashikaran). However, I targeted @May I suggest The Only Joe both Night 2 and 3, so there's a slight possibility that that player is immune to my action, either as a village role or as a second Vodiyehi. In either of those cases, however, I would have thought the Vashikaran/Vodiyehi would have sent in a kill action, not their role action. Droughtbringer, I want to know if you have any insights into this.