1 hour ago, Adavantos said:

Yeah, sorry. Meant Road. Also didn't mean to put words in your mouth -_- just misinterpreted your statement. My bad.

On that note, this is actually pretty easily provable. I recommend putting an order in on someone and posting it in thread right before turnover. So long as there's a Spammer ban that occurs too, you should be good. Honestly we have a ridiculous number of semi-cleared players right now, so it shouldn't be too hard to narrow things down.

So you want me to attack a random person to prove that I'm a villager?  I don't think that makes much sense since Babaji could easily pass that test.

6 minutes ago, Metabardnition said:

Hmmm... Just Metacognition? Not Disciple of Metacognition or any similar variation?

Well, technically neither looking at the exact wording of the PM...not sure how close it would be to quoting GM PM to say the exact role at this point (I think I would have been fine if I had said it initially, but I'm relatively certain we're not allowed to use exact wording from GM PM to prove anything...thought that came up in a recentish game as well).  @A Joe in the Bush - could you give me a ruling on this?  Am I able to provide the exact wording of my role?

Just now, |247|-| said:

So you want me to attack a random person to prove that I'm a villager?  I don't think that makes much sense since Babaji could easily pass that test.

Well, technically neither looking at the exact wording of the PM...not sure how close it would be to quoting GM PM to say the exact role at this point (I think I would have been fine if I had said it initially, but I'm relatively certain we're not allowed to use exact wording from GM PM to prove anything...thought that came up in a recentish game as well).  @A Joe in the Bush - could you give me a ruling on this?  Am I able to provide the exact wording of my role?

Babaji only can kill once, and he just used it. And I'm not saying kill a random person. I'm saying let's narrow down a list of suspects and see if we can get 4 spammers in as many turns.

3 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

My conversion ability does indeed help with my wincon.

Do you have a limited or unlimited number of convert actions? And is it a direct help (it is mechanically required to convert a certain number of players, or certain specific roles, in order to win), or an indirect help (something where the additional members with this goal makes the wincon easier, but isn't specifically mandatory.) Does your wincon end the game upon completion?

9 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

Babaji only can kill once, and he just used it. And I'm not saying kill a random person. I'm saying let's narrow down a list of suspects and see if we can get 4 spammers in as many turns.

Ahh, I see.  Helps to read the full line in the writeup instead of just 'xx is dead'...  (I'm really bad about skimming over writeups unfortunately)

I'd like to see who your list of suspects is and I'll see if I think anyone is worth attacking.

6 hours ago, Adavantos said:

Hm. So it appears everyone voted except for Drought and Snipexe? And that neither one of them posted yesterday at all? Or, it seems, they both did, but very early in the cycle and both with explanations that they've been busy. Neither one of them is likely to be Babaji, as a result, so I'm cool with putting them aside for now. @May I suggest The Only Joe and @Snipexe, please come back to us soon.

Once again, Steel has a suspicious vote :lol: and Rath... yeah. He was one of the biggest advocates of letting Devotary prove themselves, so shady. IIRC, Rae and Lum were also trying to steer us away. Honestly Lum has been triggering me this whole game so if the Vigilante could ban them tonight, I wouldn't be mad. Araris is, as usual, too hard to read which makes my gut say "kill him with fire".

Also, we should briefly return to the subject of Jon. I don't think it's a coincidence he was killed Night 1. The odds of the Spammers deleting the guy PMs ride on by sheer luck? I buy that as much as I bought Devotary's Firewall Expert claim. I was a little suspicious of Mailliw since he told me he knew a Disciple role, but as I can now see, he wasn't the leak. Rand got some claims but considering I told him Roadwalker was going to die last night, I trust he wasn't converted then, so he wasn't the leak. The only other player I know of who's sent a lot of PMs was Rae, and while she did eventually vote for Devotary...

This post gives me :ph34r: vibes

ED1T:

Looking at some of her later posts, Rae doesn't seem as shady. BUT I hope she wouldn't. At that point I would have straight up bused my teammate too.

ED2T:

Rath, Lum, Araris, ITIAH/Rae and Alv. Those are probably the 6 people I trust the least, all shenanigans considered. Would probably lynch them in that order.

After lynching not one but two spammers in a row, this is how I am seen? Persecution! Heresy! Proof of the world's bias against the Enlightened!

If you recall, on D1 I was the first vote on Guest. I called them out for bandwagoning without explanation and left my vote their for the rest of the cycle. On D2, yes, I was initially trusting of Devotary. However, I was the one to ask what role they had, to see if I could catch them in a lie, and then I jumped on them for that. I left that vote, too, for the rest of the cycle.

It is possible, of course, that I could be a spammer. I have been known for being bussed by teammates, though not quite as much for being the one to bus them. That I would choose to fling myself onto the lynches of two teammates within the first two cycles simply seems like bad strategy.

16 minutes ago, |247|-| said:

Ahh, I see.  Helps to read the full line in the writeup instead of just 'xx is dead'...  (I'm really bad about skimming over writeups unfortunately)

I'd like to see who your list of suspects is and I'll see if I think anyone is worth attacking.

1. Elandera
  2. @May I suggest The Only Joe
  3. xinoehp512
  4. Furamirionind
  5. Metabardnition
  6. Crimsn Chanarach
  7. Aranduensis
  8. NotASteelClone
  9. I think I am here.
  10. Seventh Saint
  11. Cadmium Compounder
  12. Mailliw772
  13. Snipexe
  14. alVoidus
  15. |257|-|
  16. Araris Valerian
  17. High Priest of Lord Tekiel
  18. Kidpen
  19. tiny wilson
  20. Sapphire Elephant
  21. Walin

Okay so, light green I trust, yellow I'm iffy on (no clear feelings), orange I doubt / suspect. If other people want to make similar lists that would be great. EDIT: And YES, Spammers. Of course I obfuscated a few reads so you couldn't figure out who "CC" is.

TL;DR

xinoeh512, Mailliw772, alVoidus, |257|-|, Araris, and Kidpen are my best guesses for the last few Spammers. If I had the gun I'd probably shoot Araris or Alv for conveniences sake. Heck, I'd probably choose Alv because of the tag "long live alv" in this very thread...

(sorry Alv) 

Edited by Adavantos

58 minutes ago, Metabardnition said:

Do you have a limited or unlimited number of convert actions? And is it a direct help (it is mechanically required to convert a certain number of players, or certain specific roles, in order to win), or an indirect help (something where the additional members with this goal makes the wincon easier, but isn't specifically mandatory.) Does your wincon end the game upon completion?

Achieving my wincon does not end the game upon completion. As for how exactly conversion helps my wincon, I'd rather not reveal that for now. I have an unlimited number of convert actions, though.

In my PM's where I've explained my role beforehand, and in the thread so far, I've claimed village and it's true to an extent since I win with the village assuming my special wincon is met. However, my role is neutral at heart. A spambot killing me won't help them outnumber the villagers, and lynching me won't help the village either. Killing me will be pointless to both sides.

Edited by Mailliw772

2 hours ago, Adavantos said:

saying this, but the exact flavor is Contribution Crusader. They can only kill people who post less than 5 times the previous day, so the pool of options is very small. I've already combed through D2 and found out who they were. I don't suspect any of them are Spammers, so probably best to leave them be. Whether or not they decide to kill though... that's entirely up to them.

Oh.

:blink:

I am most certainly in danger of this. Better post more. :P

Are you sure it was a wise thing to reveal? An attack than can kill inactives is a pretty useful thing. I know how easy it is to hide among the inactives as an elim...

19 minutes ago, Seventh Saint said:

I’ve only skimmed the thread, but would offer that at least one of Rath and Lum is almost certainly evil. Frankly, I trust neither claim, and if the Crusader has the ability to eliminate either, that would be wonderful. 

I frankly disagree. Raths claim seems fairly straightforward to me, and makes sense. Having the proposed naming scheme already revealed, I think rath would have put metacognitions disciple if they were trying to fake a name. When a spammer is almost certainly being lynched, it's not usually good for another spammer to defend them as strong as Rath did. I'm actually leaning stron eliminator on rath. 

On Lum, I am inclined to believe his claims. If you look back near the beginning of D2 at this post. 

You can tell now that he's talking about some sort of conversion. He can't have the spammer conversion role, because he wants elandera to use the ability on me. And the spammer conversion role does not allow the spammer to use that ability. So even as early as early on in day 2, he is already publicly claiming this role, albeit, it was kindof cryptic. It also suggests that he's converted Elandera already. Yet in a later post that I remember reading but couldn't find in my quick skim, Elandera said that tonight they wouldn't be able to help, because there were more pressing things that they needed to do. suspicious? What are all of your thoughts? 

Anyways, that implies that the wincon is indeed secondary to the primary wincon for perhaps everyone. (Except lum stillneeds both in order to win)

If it isn't *ninjad by lum* clear by now, I do have more knowledge than most when it comes to lums role, and that was because of a PM we had. Unfortunately, I dont know anything about the nature of the conversion, or what abilities are given or inherited by the conversion. But I do know that lum wanted to help as many people as possible to survive, especially those that he converted, and that it didnt matter which side they were from. 

41 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Oh.

:blink:

I am most certainly in danger of this. Better post more. :P

Are you sure it was a wise thing to reveal? An attack than can kill inactives is a pretty useful thing. I know how easy it is to hide among the inactives as an elim...

Well, sharing also motivates people *stares at Xino* to post more.  So the pure existance of the role is helpful, as both it being known, and it being unknown help the village.

EDIT: To copy what Ada did:

Village read
Slight Village
Unsure
Neutral
Slight Spammer

1. Elandera
  2. @May I suggest The Only Joe - No read
  3. xinoehp512 - Crimsn targetted him
  4. Me
  5. Metabardnition
  6. Crimsn Chanarach
  7. Aranduensis
  8. NotASteelClone
  9. I think I am here.
  10. Seventh Saint
  11. Cadmium Compounder
  12. Mailliw772 - Neutral
  13. Snipexe
  14. alVoidus
  15. |257|-|
  16. Araris Valerian
  17. High Priest of Lord Tekiel
  18. Kidpen
  19. tiny wilson
  20. Sapphire Elephant
  21. Walin
  22. Adavantos

Hopefully those colors make sense to others...

Edited by Furamirionind
Grammar/spelling; Added suspicion list

5 hours ago, Adavantos said:

It'll probably be a much easier pace once I'm dead B) 

Noted. :P

4 hours ago, |247|-| said:

Well, that was unexpected.  AND I'LL TELL YOU WHY.

My role is called Metacognition.  It gave me a N1 scan...which I used on Crimsn after the activity that happened D1...the result was returned as Eliminator.  I was fairly tempted to claim during the vote, but decided not to since I thought it would just paint a target on either mine or Crimsn's back (or both)...  So, I guess the scan result was a result of mechanics that I didn't expect.  I'm trying to figure out how that would have happened.  Either Road targeted me (seems rather unlikely since I was rather inactive at that point) or maybe Crimsn self-targeted?  I guess the latter is possible if that was the mechanic Joe decided to use.

ANYWAY, I guess I now have some people I can trust even if I'm super untrustworthy after my determined defense of Crimsn.

Without giving away too much information, I know of a role or two that could have caused this result to come back, not including the Conversion Ability

2 hours ago, Mailliw772 said:

I think I'll do a roleclaim as people are currently doing. I'll leave the flavor of the role as a surprise, for now.

My wincon is distinct from that of the rest of the villagers or the spambots. I win with the village, but only if my other win condition is met.

My only ability is to convert people to join my wincon. This means that their alignment and other roles don't change, but they also need to have my wincon met to win the game.

This concerns my greatly. In past game I have take my wincon and slightly changed it to reveal it, and get the village to trust me. This has far too much potential to pull that off, thusly I trust you very little at the moment, just as an inherit part of your role.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Just a quick thought, why are we assuming an elim team of 5 players? They have a conversion, which to me suggests that they have 1 fewer player than we would suspect.

I actually originally guessed 5-6 with the fact that the spammers start off with a disadvantage in terms of knowing what roles are out there.  

19 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Just a quick thought, why are we assuming an elim team of 5 players? They have a conversion, which to me suggests that they have 1 fewer player than we would suspect.

My perspective is that the Eliminators are at a severe advantage due to only our roles being blacked out, so they may have more players to compensate.

58 minutes ago, Adavantos said:

My perspective is that the Eliminators are at a severe advantage due to only our roles being blacked out, so they may have more players to compensate.

Hmmmmmmmm. Since Ada's insinuating that there are more bots than some people are saying, that makes him look more trustworthy. An elim would probably imply that there's less of them left - although that situation is highly IKYK.

1 minute ago, Mailliw772 said:

Hmmmmmmmm. Since Ada's insinuating that there are more bots than some people are saying, that makes him look more trustworthy. An elim would probably imply that there's less of them left - although that situation is highly IKYK.

I would lowkey be impressed / astounded with myself if I was a Spammer at this point :lol:

26 minutes ago, Mailliw772 said:

I've done both as an elim. Underestimating numbers leads to nasty surprises, while overestimating numbers can lead to desperate plays and more paranoia than is warranted, which can be exploited by someone in the right spot.

That having been said, I don't think Ada's an elim yet. He knew about the vigilante kill against road, and knew the naming convention for village roles, so if he is evil, he's been doing a fairly poor job at keeping his team alive so far.

Edited by Aranduensis

5 hours ago, Adavantos said:

If I had the gun I'd probably shoot Araris or Alv for conveniences sake. Heck, I'd probably choose Alv because of the tag "long live alv" in this very thread...

(sorry Alv) 

Killing me in a conversion game is always a good idea.  I think every time I've been converted, we ended up winning even when our backs were to the wall so I don't mind being killed to insure the elims win.

Not that death will stick for one cannot truly slay the Shadows.

5 hours ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

boo, If alv is a spammer, we should keep it as a pet. It'll be our SE mascot, the little Alvbot.

Is it bad that I now want to be a Spammer just for this to happen?

1 hour ago, Aranduensis said:

That having been said, I don't think Ada's an elim yet. He knew about the vigilante kill against road, and knew the naming convention for village roles, so if he is evil, he's been doing a fairly poor job at keeping his team alive so far.

Unless that's his goal.  I've seen Ada pull off some amazing stunts in the past.  Three times wasn't it Ada that you were a known evil early in the game and yet somehow not only survived but won?  I don't think he is evil but I still maintain a healthy suspicion of Ada simply as I know what he is capable of.

Since everyone is role claiming, I think I should too even though I would rather not.  It will at least help narrow down things a bit.  Funny thing is my role is the very opposite of what I'm for.  I am a Tiebreaker.  If there is a tie in the lynch, I can choose which way it goes.  I've tried the past two cycles to get a tie to prove my role while kind of hiding behind my standard pitch of tied lynches are fun.  However, it seems the Gods of Luck and Chance are not smiling on me this game in any way.

25 minutes ago, alVoidus said:

Since everyone is role claiming, I think I should too even though I would rather not.  It will at least help narrow down things a bit.  Funny thing is my role is the very opposite of what I'm for.  I am a Tiebreaker.  If there is a tie in the lynch, I can choose which way it goes.  I've tried the past two cycles to get a tie to prove my role while kind of hiding behind my standard pitch of tied lynches are fun.  However, it seems the Gods of Luck and Chance are not smiling on me this game in any way.

Haha, if that role was actually given to you by chance, the gods of luck and favor must truly trust you. : )

Hmm, I disagree with this involuntary mass roleclaiming with the exception of Mailliw.  If her being a neutral was discovered midgame, that may have caused a lot of confusion, and would make it much more likely she would be lynched.  Quick question though, @Mailliw772 do you have a doc to talk in?

Ninjad by Steel

2 minutes ago, NotASteelClone said:

I guess I will roleclaim as well. I’m a troll, I have the ability to pick up a single ability from a dead person. Even though I’m village, I also scan as a troll. Fun stuff. 

You can scan? What kind of scan? I suppose for a role name? Just speculating, as being able to grab another ability in addition to a scan seems really powerful.

Just now, Furamirionind said:

Haha, if that role was actually given to you by chance, the gods of luck and favor must truly trust you. : )

Hmm, I disagree with this involuntary mass roleclaiming with the exception of Mailliw.  If her being a neutral was discovered midgame, that may have caused a lot of confusion, and would make it much more likely she would be lynched.  Quick question though, @Mailliw772 do you have a doc to talk in?

Ninjad by Steel

You can scan? What kind of scan? I suppose for a role name? Just speculating, as being able to grab another ability in addition to a scan seems really powerful.

No, I don’t have the ability to scan lol. If I get scanned, I show up as a troll. 

2 minutes ago, NotASteelClone said:

No, I don’t have the ability to scan lol. If I get scanned, I show up as a troll. 

So that implies that there’s an alignment scan rather then a role scan correct?

Edited by Snipexe
Misspelled role