Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

15 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Oh, goodness.  Okay.  Ummmmmmm.... any rules I should be aware of?  And how exactly do I do this?

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

Same!

11 hours ago, Rosharan A.C. said:

You have awoken me from my deep slumber! It's a good thing I was on the shard today. 

Did I post here a long time ago or was I just picked randomly? I can try and participate in a roast battle, though I don't have much time to be on the shard these days. I might not be present for the whole thing. 

It's explained best in the first post in this thread, but put simply y'all pick a character, I stick you into a bracket, then you roast whoever you are pitted against. I will then post a poll, people will vote, and the winner moves on. I do only have 2 spots left, so if one of you doesn’t want to do this or doesn’t have enough time, I’ll stick you in a reserve list so you would take over for someone if they went inactive or something. (You would also have a guaranteed spot in the next tournament).

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

I'm sorry, I have to blow out. Some things happened that will keep me very busy the next weeks and I fear I won't be able to keep the deadlines.

Got it Sorana. Thanks for trying

5 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Um, there are deadlines? I might go inactive, but I'll do it. I don't post on Sundays most of the time, however. And usually not Saturdays, either.

There are, but they aren’t super difficult normally. I give people 3 days to write their roasts normally, but I might just send out the whole bracket this time and let you write your roasts whenever. I’ll still give the current round 3 days, but people could choose when to write their roasts. 

Now that Sorana is off I have space for two people.

Well, in that case we either need one more person or everyone has to be ok with one person skipping having to roast in the first round. If we do that I would randomly generate one person and that person would have a free pass to the second round.

@Matrim's Dice @Hentient @Condensation @Gears @Channelknight Fadran @float @hoiditthroughthegrapevine @Personification @Fezzik @I Used To Be A Fish @Archer @Ark1002 @Shard of Reading @turtle @The_Truthwatcher

2 minutes ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Well, in that case we either need one more person or everyone has to be ok with one person skipping having to roast in the first round. If we do that I would randomly generate one person and that person would have a free pass to the second round.

@Matrim's Dice @Hentient @Condensation @Gears @Channelknight Fadran @float @hoiditthroughthegrapevine @Personification @Fezzik @I Used To Be A Fish @Archer @Ark1002 @Shard of Reading @turtle @The_Truthwatcher

Could someone, in theory, make a second character? They’d have to roast themselves, but I think that that’d be pretty dope.

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Could someone, in theory, make a second character? They’d have to roast themselves, but I think that that’d be pretty dope.

Couldn't they be in another round? That could work, right? (Ninja'd...)

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Just now, Condensation said:

Well, could one person do two characters? Ninja'd!

If someone wanted to, but then they would still have a higher chance at getting in, so people would have to be ok with that too.

Just now, Ghanderflaffle said:

If someone wanted to, but then they would still have a higher chance at getting in, so people would have to be ok with that too.

I'd be fine with that as the person would have to do twice as much work. That being said, that person wouldn't be me :P