Tournament: Cosmere Character Roast Battles

46 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I'm thinking maybe... Pattern?

53 minutes ago, Hentient said:

@Ghanderflaffle I’ll play! I’ll be Spensa (but could I also be put in a later bracket if that’s not to much to ask? I’ll be busy till the 20th but after that I’m totally down for this) 

55 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

Thanks. I'll take Jasnah. I doubt I could do her justice, though.

Got it!

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

@Ghanderflaffle sign me up as Edgli, I feel some poetry Awakening in my soul.

I'll see if we can't drum up some more Roasters.

@Personification, the bard of the shard, do you want to participate in the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament? It's a ton of fun.

@Herowannabe, creator of Awesome Koloss emojis and prince of perspicacity, the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament is on, wannabe a participant?

@Zath, the possessor of the cutest profile picture on the shard, and poetic genius, the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament, want to sign up?

@Archer, creator of, in my humble opinion, the bests roasts ever (the annotated Allomancer Jak ones), the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament is on, want to join up?

1 hour ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

@Personification, the bard of the shard, do you want to participate in the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament? It's a ton of fun.

@Herowannabe, creator of Awesome Koloss emojis and prince of perspicacity, the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament is on, wannabe a participant?

@Zath, the possessor of the cutest profile picture on the shard, and poetic genius, the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament, want to sign up?

@Archer, creator of, in my humble opinion, the bests roasts ever (the annotated Allomancer Jak ones), the Cosmere/Non-Cosmere Character Roast Tournament is on, want to join up?

I have been summoned!

What's going on here and how can I be apart of it but maybe not depending on if I have time?

To clarify, if I do have time I'm sure I'd love to participate.

Also, I haven't posted any new parodies in over a year (though I keep meaning to), I don't know if I still qualify as a bard...:unsure:

Edited by Personification

40 minutes ago, Personification said:

I have been summoned!

What's going on here and how can I be apart of it but maybe not depending on if I have time?

To clarify, if I do have time I'm sure I'd love to participate.

Also, I haven't posted any new parodies in over a year (though I keep meaning to), I don't know if I still qualify as a bard...:unsure:

The basic idea is ~16 people sign up to represent characters from Brandon's books, and in the voice of their selected character they roast the other characters represented in that round in verse, and when the round is over people vote for their favorite roast. The winner (and sometimes winners) go on to the next round and fun is had by all.

The very first post in this thread explains it better than I have.

As to being the Bard of the Shard, that is an honor that you have earned for your numerous brilliant parodies, and if all you had written was "Bye,Bye, Tanavast What a Guy" the appellation would still likewise be yours. Brilliant stuff!

3 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

The basic idea is ~16 people sign up to represent characters from Brandon's books, and in the voice of their selected character they roast the other characters represented in that round in verse, and when the round is over people vote for their favorite roast. The winner (and sometimes winners) go on to the next round and fun is had by all.

The very first post in this thread explains it better than I have.

As to being the Bard of the Shard, that is an honor that you have earned for your numerous brilliant parodies, and if all you had written was "Bye,Bye, Tanavast What a Guy" the appellation would still likewise be yours. Brilliant stuff!

:D

Thanks. I think I will join in, but with the stipulation that I can't talk about anyone from outside of the Cosmere or the Cytoverse and that I have to wait until next week to participate.

31 minutes ago, Personification said:

Thanks. I think I will join in, but with the stipulation that I can't talk about anyone from outside of the Cosmere or the Cytoverse and that I have to wait until next week to participate.

Awesome! Just pick a character and ping Ghanderflaffle to let them know (Ghanderflaffle's running the tournament, and doing a smashing job of it too)!

49 minutes ago, Personification said:

Can you ping me next week to do it?

I think you can just pick a character and let Ghander know that you want to be in a later round, there are usually four preliminary rounds, and Ghander is super nice!

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll ping you next week.

22 hours ago, Ghanderflaffle said:

Please mention anyone you think may be interested! 

Last round participants: @hoiditthroughthegrapevine @Gears @Hentient @The_Truthwatcher @Truthless of Shinovar @Toaster Retribution @SirWolfe @Sorana @Fezzik @Lunamor @Matrim's Dice @DramaQueen.

(Sorry for the double post)

Sorry, I'm super busy, and I don't have time to write good roasts. I'll have fun watching, though!!

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

I will join as M-Bot. Just had a nice idea how I might structure my entries.

13 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Got both of you. 

10 hours ago, Personification said:

Can you ping me next week to do it?

I can stick you in a later bracket if you want. We probably won’t start until next week anyways.

10 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Awesome! Just pick a character and ping Ghanderflaffle to let them know (Ghanderflaffle's running the tournament, and doing a smashing job of it too)!

9 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I think you can just pick a character and let Ghander know that you want to be in a later round, there are usually four preliminary rounds, and Ghander is super nice!

If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll ping you next week.

Aww, thanks! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Personification said:

@Ghanderflaffle, put me down as Gallant the Ryshadium. Also, I want to reiterate that I won't be able to go against anyone who isn't in the Cosmere or Cytoverse.

It'll be randomized for who you go against, but most people are probably going to be in both of those. I don’t have anyone who's not of those universes yet.

Edited by Ghanderflaffle