Scriptorian

I could see this being an effect of one the Surges related to Stonewards (it would make perfect sense).  If this were from one of Dalinar's visions, that would almost fit perfectly.

Here's another possibility: What if this is one of the perversions of the Ten Essences that is conducted by Voidbinding?  Maybe we're seeing the effects of another Void-related essence, like we saw Midnight Essence in WoK?  Maybe this is Stone Essence or something?

I'm betting this is the first we get to see of voidbinding. I mean, if stone contains stormlight what better way to not let any leak out like Szeth says voidbinders can than to turn into stone.

Oh, and totally betting this is Eshonai.

Last edit.  Who else will be going through their posts in this thread and tallying their correct interpretation scores.  I think we should have a contest.  So, would it be possible to have editing locked in this thread starting Midnight of when the book comes out.)

Edited by Aminar

This is a hard one. I find it interesting that they vary the understandability level of the quotes. For example, the last one was fairly straightforward, with basically two interpretations. This one could be nearly anything. At least there are some we can understand. Maybe.

You know, this could just be a woman who doesn't moisturize.  :P

Thank you for the Doctor Who reference. And I'm wearing this shirt today too, which I think is great. My first thought was Soulcasting to stone, but we really won't know until 2 weeks from today. (can't believe it's so close)

This is a hard one. I find it interesting that they vary the understandability level of the quotes. For example, the last one was fairly straightforward, with basically two interpretations. This one could be nearly anything. At least there are some we can understand. Maybe.

I second that. When the book are released I will do a list with all quotes to see how close our guesses are. Will be nice sport see how well we guessed =)

Could it be something to do with Stone Shamanism? That has "stone" in it as much as "Stoneward." Or maybe something from the Old Magic? The curses all seem to be neurological, but there was a mention in the Baxil Interlude of someone getting cloth as their blessing, so the blessings don't have to be mental. Maybe the woman asked for defensive capabilities, and this was the result? Or perhaps one of the Aimian races can do this? I honestly have no idea what's going on here, but these were some things I thought of that hadn't been mentioned.

A battle-torn veteran, she came begging to never need to kill again. Given an impenetrable skin, she became indestructable and therefor would have no reason to kill in self-defense. Tragically, a series of events showed her that she would have to kill to protect.

The PoV is Kaladin. He is angry that someone had a ripoff character arc.

I'd agree that this is probably about the stonewards, but I also think it's in one of Dalinar's visions. I can't see a powerful surgebinder just stumbling into the plot, and the description sounds like Dalinar when he's trying to understand their powers.

Anyone else feel like an addict while waiting for this book and that all these glimpses are just quick fixes until you can get the good stuff?

Yes. yes I do. If a suspious figure in an alley asked me if I wanted to buy an early manuscript of Words of Radiance, I would totally do it. For a good chunk of money.