Scriptorian

This is the first glimpse that tells is something useful about the plot, though. We now know that Kaladin does not do anything stupid when he sees Amaram.

Yeah so he doesn't charge right at him with his spear at least..

Has anybody thought of the possibility that Amaram wont even recognize Kaladin?

I mean before he kills his team mates he didn't recognize him from his cousin?

Edited by WEZ313

Has anybody thought of the possibility that Amaram wont even recognize Kaladin?

I mean before he kills his team mates he didn't recognize him from his cousin?

I think enslaving the man who saved your life is more memorable than some petty conflict in your cousin's village.

He'll turn, he'll see Kaladin and the look on his face, and an unintelligible sound will escape his lips. Then Wit will suddenly enter the scene and say to Kaladin, "Did you here that? Something just changed. I believe that's the sound Amaram makes when he pisses himself."  ;)

Even though it has been a few days, I want to return to this quote:

HE COMES FOR YOU, LITTLE TRAITOR. I AM SORRY.

The consensus is that this it the Stormfather talking to Syl.  While I agree that the speaker is the Stormfather (the voice is correct), I was never happy with the idea that he was talking to Syl.  My reason is simple: Syl is not a viewpoint character and this voice sounds like someone addressing a viewpoint character.

That by itself is not a strong argument.  But after thinking about this a lot more, I have a pretty compelling theory.  This is the Stormfather talking to Shallan.

Remember the Stormfather scene from WoK.  Kaladin is traveling the high storm and seeing scenes about the world.  He particularly sees scenes related to the Interludes (e.g. Szeth).  The Stormfather responds to what Kaladin is seeing.

This is Shallan's book. If she rides the high storms, she may also see scenes related to the interludes.  In particular, she will see Darkness.  And because she has the greatest "crimes" of any viewpoint character, the Stormfather will tell her that Darkness is coming for her.

So what about "Little Traitor"?  It is a nickname, just like "Child of Tanvast".  Besides, she is a traitor: to the Ghostbloods.

Even though it has been a few days, I want to return to this quote:

The consensus is that this it the Stormfather talking to Syl.  While I agree that the speaker is the Stormfather (the voice is correct), I was never happy with the idea that he was talking to Syl.  My reason is simple: Syl is not a viewpoint character and this voice sounds like someone addressing a viewpoint character.

That by itself is not a strong argument.  But after thinking about this a lot more, I have a pretty compelling theory.  This is the Stormfather talking to Shallan.

Remember the Stormfather scene from WoK.  Kaladin is traveling the high storm and seeing scenes about the world.  He particularly sees scenes related to the Interludes (e.g. Szeth).  The Stormfather responds to what Kaladin is seeing.

This is Shallan's book. If she rides the high storms, she may also see scenes related to the interludes.  In particular, she will see Darkness.  And because she has the greatest "crimes" of any viewpoint character, the Stormfather will tell her that Darkness is coming for her.

So what about "Little Traitor"?  It is a nickname, just like "Child of Tanvast".  Besides, she is a traitor: to the Ghostbloods.

I like this, but perhaps "Little Traitor" could be linked to Pattern, or to the Cryptics... I'll have to develop this thought further.

The woman's skin had hardened to something like stone, smooth, with fine cracks. It was as if the person were a living statue.

Hmm... I don't think that this is someone who has been soulcast, not with them being described as a living statue.

A new Parshendi Form maybe?

Edited by Duskshard

My original thoughts were a soucast lighteyes - as they tend to statue the dead. But it says like stone, not as stone. Plus, the fact that she is unnamed means that the PoV doesn't recognize or associate with the subject. 

The woman's skin had hardened to something like stone, smooth, with fine cracks. It was as if the person were a living statue.

Jasnah or Shallan fighting ?

This was my first thought, except that someone wouldn't be alive (living statue) if Jasnah or Shallan turned them to stone.

Maybe there are groups besides the Parshendi who can change forms?

Another thought. Brandon said something about a Stoneward surge that could make things hard like stone, maybe this is related to this surge.

The woman could be a Radiant fighting in some kind of "Golem form" given the fact that plenty of the voidbringer had hardskin his could be a good tactic to boast defense. So maybe this is one of Dalinar visions ?

PS: Doubled ninja'd o.O :ph34r:

Edited by Natans

She is described as a "woman", so I don't think it's a new Parshendi form (though that was my first guess). She's also apparently a living statue, so she can't be Soulcast...

Uh. Going to go ahead and peg this as "unknown Surge usage which explains the 'Stone' in Stonewards".