4 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Can you please explain why? You obviously have a reason for voting on the first person who voted. If you could explain it (maybe a past experience, or a trend you've noticed?), that would be really helpful for future analysis.

Why? Because it's fun. I'll withdraw my vote if it looks like you might be lynched, but basically I feel as if I haven't done my duty if I don't vote.

6 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Daniyah, your posts haven't indicated anything about your suspicions, and aren't super relevant until we get to the night cycle. If you could pick somebody right now to kill, who would it be?

That's true, unfortunately, but it's because I'm not very suspicious of anyone right now. Despite reading through the threads a couple of times, I haven't been able to find anyone suspicious. 

I had a thought: it seems strange to me that no one has tried to kill Elbereth or Wilson yet. El especially tends to be a high-priority target, and with the village almost guaranteed to have no protection roles I'm a little surprised that they killed Bard N1. There must have been a reason for killing Bard, so what was it?

Here's my thoughts on some of the more common elim motivations:

1. Killed for silence. I'm leaning no on this one. Bard didn't seem to have any contact networks, secret plans, or definite suspicions.

2. Killed for activity. If this was the motive, a better target would have been Jondesu or, since he has been suspected, Elbereth. Both were far more active than Bard.

3. Killed for role. Bard was vanilla. Sure, there could have been rumors about secret roles, but kills for role should have been directed to PK or STINK, not Bard.

4. Killed for surprise. This is my suspect: eliminator teams that are predictable (kill players who are active; kill players who have role-claimed; kill players with contacts) tend to fall prey to things like Vet-baiting and protection roles. Killing Bard, a surprise move, would have nearly-guaranteed no role interference.

Elenion, you've posted a couple of times now, could you put a vote down on somebody please? We are over halfway through the cycle, and have very few votes out right now, especially for a game this large. It's bad if all the voting happens at the end of the cycle, especially for people that are busy and are only able to view the thread once or twice during the day.

17 hours ago, JUQ said:

Stupid mobile.

2 hours ago, Elenion said:

I had a thought: it seems strange to me that no one has tried to kill Elbereth or Wilson yet. El especially tends to be a high-priority target, and with the village almost guaranteed to have no protection roles I'm a little surprised that they killed Bard N1. There must have been a reason for killing Bard, so what was it?

Here's my thoughts on some of the more common elim motivations:

1. Killed for silence. I'm leaning no on this one. Bard didn't seem to have any contact networks, secret plans, or definite suspicions.

2. Killed for activity. If this was the motive, a better target would have been Jondesu or, since he has been suspected, Elbereth. Both were far more active than Bard.

3. Killed for role. Bard was vanilla. Sure, there could have been rumors about secret roles, but kills for role should have been directed to PK or STINK, not Bard.

4. Killed for surprise. This is my suspect: eliminator teams that are predictable (kill players who are active; kill players who have role-claimed; kill players with contacts) tend to fall prey to things like Vet-baiting and protection roles. Killing Bard, a surprise move, would have nearly-guaranteed no role interference.

Len, so far we've had one Night where the elims could have killed someone. I don't think it's that surprising that there have been no (known) kill attempts on El or Wilson. Also, if I was an elim, I don't think Wilson (rather, Khaos) would be a top-priority kill. Khaos has mostly RPed.

Furthermore, there are experienced players other than El and Wilson. Bard is an experienced player. Maybe not the most experienced or most accurate player, but he has played SE before. I think I remember a few players remarking that Bard is a player to watch.

I don't think it's surprising that El and/or Wilson aren't dead yet. Interesting, maybe, noteworthy, maybe, but certainly not surprising.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Furthermore, there are experienced players other than El and Wilson. Bard is an experienced player. Maybe not the most experienced or most accurate player, but he has played SE before. I think I remember a few players remarking that Bard is a player to watch.

I made no implication that I didn't consider Bard an experienced player: I do consider Bard an experienced player. He's been around longer than I have, at least, and tends to be more accurate than I am based on what I've seen. My point was that if I was an eliminator, he wouldn't have been my target. So, I looked for a reason why the elims would have killed him.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Also, if I was an elim, I don't think Wilson (rather, Khaos) would be a top-priority kill. Khaos has mostly RPed.

I said "El especially tends to be a high-priority target". Khaos would be a mid-to-high-priority target that would be a good kill at the beginning because she hasn't yet begun any analysis and El hasn't been on too much.

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Elenion, you've posted a couple of times now, could you put a vote down on somebody please?

I'm trying to avoid a repeat of last lynch, where I put a vote down, was unable to get on, and ended up with a lynch that didn't generate much discussion. But I guess we are suffering from a lack of votes, so...

So basically, we've got 2 votes on PK (Ecth and Straw), one vote on Straw (PK), one vote on Rae (JUQ), one on Dani (Araris), and one on Jondesu (Rae). Currently, the lynch is on PK, who because of his attempts at creating discussion I trust more than the others; so that needs to change. I could fix that by voting Straw, Rae, or Dani. And then... gut reads. Grrrr. I hate lynching based on gut alone. But... Rae. Something's just seemed off about her playstyle this game, and though I can't place it I'd much rather have her lynched than PK.

I've also been finding Rae's tone suspicious, though to be fair, she's accusing me, so that likely has a lot to do with it.  I'm not sure about Paranoid King, since he's being very…random, from what I can tell, but the way he's been acting might be good cover for an Elim too.  This cycle, though, I want to find out why Rae has it in for me. So, since I might not be back on before rollover:

Rae 

Khaos skipped through the house, searching every nook and cranny she could find, intent on finding that skeleton again. She knew she shouldn't have left it sitting down there in the dungeon, for anyone to happen upon, but no, she just had to go and get distracted, leaving it alone, and by the time she got back to the room, someone else had taken it. All those things she could've done with a skeleton...and now they'd just have to stay in her mind as ideas.

She sighed discontentedly and slowed down as she neared the rooms where most of the others were congregating. She wasn't really sure she wanted to join with them. After all, she'd been almost bored out of her mind the previous day, after The Hammer had stormed off, flinging her pen back at her. She wasn't sure of what to think of the brute. On the one hand, she was entertained that he'd shattered her pen and created the sliver chaos, but on the other hand, he was acting a little....strange. She decided she might want to tail him the coming night. He might just lead her back to those traitors, since she had a feeling he was one himself.

Thanks, Len. That means all those hours spent reading Hardball: How Politics is Played Told By One Who Knows The Game haven't gone to waste! I always figured that there had to be ways to improve my SE skills, but I never expected them to come from my brother's AP Gov textbook. :D

Jondesu, I'm sorry if you think I have it in for you. That's why I posted my suspicions inthread, to see if anybody else had noticed the same thing and to create some discussion. Nobody seems to agree, so I might be misinterpreting. The more I think about it, the more I feel like I might be tunnelling (unfortunately, Hardball doesn't help with analysis). So, Jondesu.

46 minutes ago, Ookla the Inimitable said:

After all, she'd been almost bored out of her mind the previous day, after The Hammer had stormed off, flinging her pen back at her. She wasn't sure of what to think of the brute. On the one hand, she was entertained that he'd shattered her pen and created the sliver chaos, but on the other hand, he was acting a little....strange. She decided she might want to tail him the coming night. He might just lead her back to those traitors, since she had a feeling he was one himself.

The Hammer, upon hearing his name, jerked out of his drunken stupor into a state of semi-consciousness.

"Eh? What's this about me? I'll tell you something young lady, and that's that by my traitor I swear I'm not sobriety...wait...wait...by my swear I traitor that I'm not sober...by my sobriety I traitor that I'm not swear...by my traitor I sober that I'm not swear...BY MY TRAITOR I SWEAR I'M NOT SOBER!"

And of course that wasn't what he meant at all, but it did get the message across. Sort of.

[Out of character: what is making you suspicious that I"m a traitor? Also, why the name change? (Edit: never mind that last part)]

22 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Thanks, Len. That means all those hours spent reading Hardball: How Politics is Played Told By One Who Knows The Game haven't gone to waste! I always figured that there had to be ways to improve my SE skills, but I never expected them to come from my brother's AP Gov textbook. :D

I don't follow... how does sarcasm about me casting a vote on you connect to you reading an AP Gov textbook?

Edited by Ookla the Unpredictable

Perhaps I felt the urge to use some of those strategies suggested to future politicians. And, well, I'm ashamed to say this, but... I might have thought that telling everybody about the resulting playstyle changes would have reduced the effectiveness of those strategies. So, um. I tried to be clever and mimic a politician. And it seems to have backfired a little bit. Or, well, a lot.

Please don't kill me I'm not the one plotting world domination Orlok is all I want is a nice comfy job in the creative sector even if I do go into politics I won't be a horrible person who has sold my morals for power I hope...

As long as no-one else votes for you, Rae, you're safe. I don't think we can lynch yet, so I hope there's going to be a tie, which I shall attempt to force by not voting, and if need be voting for PK.

Rae (2): Elenion, Jondesu
PK (2): Ecth, Straw
Elenion (1): little wilson
Dani (1): Araris

By the way, I know for a fact that Elenion is innocent at this point in time.

1eulap.jpg

As you can tell from Ned Stark (and this post on the forum), Ookla season is upon us. A bunch of you have already changed your names, and that's fine--feel free to join in the festivities! Of course, this puts your GM and sub-GM in a slightly awkward position when accepting actions (less so, since your PMs are labelled) but especially so when counting votes (whether votes you are placing) or the targets of votes. (This is especially a big deal when some people also change their member titles, sigs, and avatars to go with the name!)

To make things easier on us all and to decrease the chances we'll make a mistake when doing vote tallies for the lynch (!), please indicate your usual name/character name and the usual name/character name of the person you're placing a vote on. (In other words, carry on doing what you're doing now - just please do not vote for Ookla.) Thanks!

e.g. Wilson, now Ookla the Inimitable, wants to vote for Elenion, now Ookla the Unpredictable. So whether through blue-text or through RP, Wilson would indicate that she is Khaos/Wilson, and that she is placing a vote on Elenion/ "The Hammer".

3 hours ago, Ookla the Inimitable said:

Khaos [...] sighed discontentedly and slowed down as she neared the rooms where most of the others were congregating. She wasn't really sure she wanted to join with them. After all, she'd been almost bored out of her mind the previous day, after The Hammer had stormed off, flinging her pen back at her. She wasn't sure of what to think of the brute. On the one hand, she was entertained that he'd shattered her pen and created the sliver chaos, but on the other hand, he was acting a little....strange. She decided she might want to tail him the coming night. He might just lead her back to those traitors, since she had a feeling he was one himself.

[Bolded words mine, and no, this does not constitute a sub-GM vote on Elenion. :P tldr; just make sure we can identify who you are and who your target is - not Ookla. Carry on!]

I should have posted something like this a lot earlier, but it slipped my mind. The last two days have been fairly busy (I was out for a fair portion of the day at a friends wedding). While I have read the thread through email notifications, I've not given anything much thought. I also need to sleep now, and while I may get on just prior to turnover, I'm not going to have time to think, and so properly contribute to the lynch. I will however try my best to write up some thoughts tomorrow afternoon, as there has been stuff worth responding to.

10 hours ago, JUQ said:

As long as no-one else votes for you, Rae, you're safe. I don't think we can lynch yet, so I hope there's going to be a tie, which I shall attempt to force by not voting, and if need be voting for PK.

Rae (2): Elenion, Jondesu
PK (2): Ecth, Straw
Elenion (1): little wilson
Dani (1): Araris

By the way, I know for a fact that Elenion is innocent at this point in time.

How do you know that? There are no scanners this game.

PK. I'm sorry, but I know I'm innocent.

1 hour ago, Arraenae said:

PK. I'm sorry, but I know I'm innocent.

I'd rather you didn't, but I can't blame you for doing it.

4 minutes ago, Arinian said:

Wait what are you doing? There no lynch if draw. 

We do need a lynch if we want to catch the traitors. No lynch = guaranteed no traitor death.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Unpredictable said:

I'd rather you didn't, but I can't blame you for doing it.

We do need a lynch if we want to catch the traitors. No lynch = guaranteed no traitor death.

Don't know but for me it's looks like bad idea. Maybe I'm wrong but that what I'm think. 

Ya know, it's quite annoying that you want no-deaths. They never really work :P So STINK will ruin your plans.

Rae.

So, those other 7 people looking at the thread, we all know a tie is not good, but you have say, a minute to respond. I'll be that kind. 

Edited by Ookla The Bard

18 minutes ago, Ookla The Bard said:

Ya know, it's quite annoying that you want no-deaths. They never really work :P

Rae.

So, those other 7 people looking at the thread, we all know a tie is not good, but you have say, a minute to respond. I'll be that kind. 

I'm not counting this vote unless I am informed of who posted it. You were warned.

For clarity, the edit has now been made so it is accepted, but this is a good example of what will happen.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Sorry this is last minute and brief, but I want to get something in before rollover. I'll read up more thoroughly and post some better stuff next cycle, I promise.

At a glance, it seems like the lynch is between PK and Rae, so I'll limit my quick thoughts to that. The reasoning for Rae is that she's made a change in her playstyle. I think she provided sufficient explanation for this -- she was trying to play differently -- and offered some extra details behind her reasoning that lend credibility to her story. I'm not saying she couldn't have made it up; obviously, it wouldn't have been too difficult to do so. However, referencing an actual book she read, where she got it, and how it influenced her thinking is more convincing than simply saying that she was trying out something new. I'm willing to give it to her for the time being.

I'm not clear on the reasoning for the PK lynch, and I have absolutely no time left to read up and figure it out. However, I did notice something marginally suspicious about him. Very early in this cycle, he forwarded an inactive lynch when no one was thinking of any such thing, and he did it in such a way that made me think he might be trying to stifle the budding discussion that had been starting to happen. It's not much, but it's the only real suspicion I have on either of them, so I'd rather Paranoid King die than Rae.

Sorry, Wyrm, about the last-minute vote.

- Wonko the Sane