I'm not sure what tone you can pick up on that's suspicious. Maybe I've just set myself up because of my previous games? I should have the same tone, despite being an Elim those games and not this one, because I intend to have the same tone always. An erratic one at times, sure, as I said before (not sure if that was in this game or the other one), but the same tone.

-------

Quintus knelt down and looked over the blood stains in the cellar. Unlike the writing from the previous morning, this was definitely and truly blood, but it didn't seem to fit what he'd been told about Huxton's body. The blood looked like it had dripped onto the floor hard, enough that it splattered like raindrops. It couldn't have done that, though, if he was laying on the floor, right? 

He glanced up at the ceiling, but there was no obvious explanation. This house was definitely becoming a dangerous place to be, though, not just because of the others watching him and everyone else suspiciously, but the house itself was beginning to feel...malevolent.

He sat down by the wall of the cell and watched the inevitable accusations begin flying, even though he knew this was not the work of any mere human.

Gah, I'm sorry: I warned you about the possibility of inactivity; I was missing most of last night, and I forgot to send in orders. Luckily for me, we only found one Elim, so perhaps we can afford one more night of exploring? I'll leave it up to you guys.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to voice my concern that Araris survived the night, having claimed the power that he did. I'm not putting a vote on him, for now, but that's where I'd put it if I had to.

19 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Gah, I'm sorry: I warned you about the possibility of inactivity; I was missing most of last night, and I forgot to send in orders. Luckily for me, we only found one Elim, so perhaps we can afford one more night of exploring? I'll leave it up to you guys.

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I wanted to voice my concern that Araris survived the night, having claimed the power that he did. I'm not putting a vote on him, for now, but that's where I'd put it if I had to.

What orders would you have sent if you had remembered?

Since I'm not dead yet, I figured I'd introduce myself. Jonathan Avondale, Esq, at your service.

I hear you all clamoring for a plan of some kind. Here's mine: stay put. Don't go off exploring this devilish house. That's a surefire way to get yerself killed. I mean, if you want to do that, be my guest, but I'm staying right here until I figure out what the devil is going on here.

What? Did I just hear ya call me lazy? Well, mister high-and-mighty exercise master, ever heard the saying "curiosity killed the cat"?

Anyway, I'm gonna stay right in this here room and look for clues. Better safe then sorry. Oy, Kresla! (@Elbereth) Mind giving me a hand here? I'm looking for clues!

What? You want to know who I find suspicious? Hmm, let's see, Rotiart (Paranoid King)! He looks suspicious!

You want a better reason than that? Look, do you have a better reason? It's not easy to find the culprit when they turn traitor on'y six hours ago!

Shouldn't we all be exploring? Cause for us to win we have to find the Heart of the House and kill it. Exploring does create Elims but there's no way for us to win if we don't find the Heart. So we'll just have to deal with the consequences until we find it. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Shouldn't we all be exploring? Cause for us to win we have to find the Heart of the House and kil it. Exploring does create Elims but there's no way for us to win if we don't find the Heart. So we'll just have to deal with the consequences until we find it. 

Assassin, we've been over this. We literally cannot find the Heart until we successfully kill an Elim. Until then, exploring can only gain us powers, and increase the number of Elims. I have advocated that we explore until we have 4-5 Elims, then wait until we find one of them to explore any further, looking for the Heart.

3 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Assassin, we've been over this. We literally cannot find the Heart until we successfully kill an Elim. Until then, exploring can only gain us powers, and increase the number of Elims. I have advocated that we explore until we have 4-5 Elims, then wait until we find one of them to explore any further, looking for the Heart.

:unsure: Right. Sorry. I haven't been able to pay much attention due to Thanksgiving prep. 

Just now, Assassin in Burgundy said:

:unsure: Right. Sorry. I haven't been able to pay much attention due to Thanksgiving prep. 

Heh. No worries. That's what's been occupying me the last two days, as well -- though not the cause of the inactivity I warned of initially, which is unfortunately still a thing.

1 hour ago, Ecthelion III said:

Are ya gonna explore, or be sane like me and stay here?

Quintus resolved to set out again at his earliest opportunity to find more of the mysteries of the house, though he felt a need to put to rest some of the suspicions resting on him. Dr Neuems had been eyeing him from the moment he walked in, and had gone so far as to question Quintus' mannerisms, as if those pointed to his complicity in...whatever had happened. 'The Hammer' had stepped in echoing some of the thoughts Quintus has shared privately with others, but the man had an ego to go with his nickname, so he wasn't sure how seriously the others would take him. Aralis had put his book down long enough to chime in with a veiled threat towards Quintus, but fortunately he didn't seem to taking it seriously, since he went right back to reading.

Realizing the futility of arguing with the group, Quintus finally made his way out the door, back up the stairs, and started looking for anywhere he could go that would be free of hateful eyes and ears. Unfortunately, the house itself seemed full of too much hatred for him to really feel better. Was it stirring up the emotions of the others, making them quick to suspect him and others in Huxton's murder? 

Edited by Jondesu
Fixed spelling

I explored last night, and will follow Wonko's suggestion about exploring until we have like one or two more Elims. I do have a question though. I don't remember if it's been asked or cleared before but in one night, can more than two Omens be found? 

Isaac "The Hammer" Jones ran for his life. It was something that he had never done before: he usually opted for the seemingly-foolhardy approach of head-on, do-or-die combat. That style lent itself well towards fights that could be won with a good Hammer, but this particular scenario made that an impossibility. So, he ran.

Room after room, hallway after hallway, he ran; not caring for the explorers he nearly mowed down in his wild flight. He even passed a pool of blood. Poor bloke, that guy, but the Hammer had no time to investigate. After a few minutes, the Hammer stopped, panting. He listened. Nothing. Silent like the grave. He shivered at that analogy. The last thing he needed was to drive himself insane with a few stupid analogies to death. The scratching was gone, so he was safe for now.

He looked around, and saw that the room he was in was an old stone affair with a single door, through which he had come in. Around the perimeter were glass display cases. Inside of them hung ancient-looking weapons: spears, swords, clubs. Spaced around the room were ten suits of armor, the ancient type that had become obsolete with the discovery of efficient Lifeless command codes. The room had the bleak atmosphere of a dungeon, and a chill breeze to match. It also gave the Hammer the feeling that he was being watched.

"Hello?" he said softly, cautiously.

The head of the nearest suit of armor jerked up, gazing at the Hammer through empty slits in its iron facemask. Isaac Jones jumped back, surprised.

"What... what are you?"

No response.

"Stop staring at me!"

The armor suddenly looked down.

The Hammer stood there for a few seconds, speechless. Enchanted suits of armor were things that he was not used to on an assignment.

"Hey, you. Look back up at me."

The armor did not move. Jones thought for a few seconds, then spoke again.

"Hello?"

The armor jerked back to staring at him through an empty mask.

"Come to me."

It stepped towards him, metal boots crashing against the stone floor.

What kind of Awakener would make the command for his Lifeless suits of armor be Hello? One that wasn't right in the head, probably.

"Hello." He spoke it louder, with more vigor.

All of the suits of armor in the room jerked their masks up to face him.

"Arm yourselves."

Moving with a creaking of aged metal and stepping with the crash of metal on stone, they moved slowly, deliberately to the cases on the walls. They smashed their iron gauntlets into the glass and it cracked into a spiderweb of razored fragments, which the Lifeless ignored. From the cases they drew iron swords, each the height of a grown man.

"Hello. You will take orders from me without this command phrase."

The armors made no acknowledgement of the order, but made no apparent resistance to it, either.

"Form up behind me."

And they moved as one into a box five wide and two deep, directly behind the Hammer. He threw back his head and laughed.

"Follow me and protect me."

It was no longer a time for fear. It was no longer a time for running. It was... Hammer time.

The Hammer put down the tankard of ale he had found in the house's kitchen and burped loudly. A little alcohol always helped him face certain death.

2 hours ago, Daniyah said:

I explored last night, and will follow Wonko's suggestion about exploring until we have like one or two more Elims. I do have a question though. I don't remember if it's been asked or cleared before but in one night, can more than two Omens be found? 

It is possible, depending on the dice, that more than two Omens can be found - It's just very unlikely.

11 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

What? You want to know who I find suspicious? Hmm, let's see, Rotiart (Paranoid King)! He looks suspicious!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sorry, the A key on my keyboard doesn't work, nd I was trying to fix it.

But I think this should solve all your worries about me:

19 hours ago, Wyrmhero said:

8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.

Wyrm backs me up. I'm a perfectly norml person.

12 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Shouldn't we all be exploring? Cause for us to win we have to find the Heart of the House and kill it. Exploring does create Elims but there's no way for us to win if we don't find the Heart. So we'll just have to deal with the consequences until we find it. 

The eliminators will all be exploring. They want as many recruits as possible. If we explore, I'd think we'd theoretically get more abilities to help us without getting too many more elimintors.

But our main goal should be sniffing out an traitor. We alredy have 3, so they should start acting like a standard elimination team. On that note, I'm a bit suspicious of Straw, because he was Bard's last suspect. I'll probably switch my vote to him later this cycle.

7 hours ago, JUQ said:

Well, when I have nothing to add, I usually vote for the first person who voted. So...Arraenae

Can you please explain why? You obviously have a reason for voting on the first person who voted. If you could explain it (maybe a past experience, or a trend you've noticed?), that would be really helpful for future analysis.

Wonko, that was a troll post. Read this first. Then this.

I'm not really up to writing RP right now, but I think people are wasting time talking about next night cycle right now. Sure, there might be some justification to that if people are planning on sending orders at the start of night and then going inactive, but right now our focus should be on the lynch. Also, this is a 35 player game, so I'm pretty sure we can handle 6 eliminators.

Daniyah, your posts haven't indicated anything about your suspicions, and aren't super relevant until we get to the night cycle. If you could pick somebody right now to kill, who would it be?

Sorry, PK, Im being inactive because I don't have much to say, and UC applications are due in five days, and I need to finish them soon.  I just don't get any suspicions right now.

Edit:  I had slight suspicions on JUQ because of how they were acting, but they were acting the same way in the MG, and they were village, so IDK.

Edited by polkinghornbd
adding info in the edit