So some thoughts: 

A few people (Rae) have expressed suspicion over Jondesu. So far, my read has been "Inexperienced Villager doing their best to help out". 

I'm still sorta unhappy with people turning up just to say "I have nothing to add". Because that's false. Read through players posts, and tell me how likely you think each player is a villager/eliminator...

As far as generating eliminators is concerned, while there probably isn't a hard limit, I have no doubt that there are systems in place to prevent the number getting out of hand -Wyrm is an experienced GM, and no stranger to running games with lots of moving parts (see his Heirs to the Final Empire game). I think we can afford another eliminator. I'd not be comfortable with more though, I don't think.

Not very happy about Ecthelion's vote on Rae Day 2 - seems like that was entirely done for OOG reasons...

Activity is vastly down since D1:

No posts N1 from: Aonar, Arinian, Assassin, Daniyah, Doctor, Ecthelion, Stick, jefry, Mark, Nathan, Nyali, Orlok, polking, Seonid, STINK, Straw, Chaos, Unodus. (18/33)
No posts D2 from: Aonar, Bugsy, Clanky, Darkness, Doc, Elbereth, Stick, jerfry, Magestar, Mark, Nathan, Orlok, Seonid, Chaos (14/32)

Hopefully this picks up... That's just the players not posting. There are plenty of players who do post but say little (like myself, for instance).  :/

That's all I've time for now. I'll try and get back with something resembling suspicions once I have time to reread the game again.

2 hours ago, Jondesu said:

That's...kinda rude. Disagree all you want, but don't call other people's ideas stupid. That wasn't even in character.

I apologize.

If anyone has gotten a role that would help us find the elims, please either tell it to the thread or PM me. (Don't say what the role does, obviously.) I think that it's a better idea to not explore, since we know exploring will create elims but we don't know how helpful the secret roles are.

My character does think exploring the house is a stupid idea.

Haelbarde, I was more suspicious of Rae than PK in-game, as I had reason to suspect her but no real reason to suspect PK. So it wasn't entirely OOG, but partially it was. Also, remember this from QF19:

I understand that it's possible you're just a villager and this is the only way for you to express your deep loathing of me -- I know what betrayal feels like. Burnt betrayed me in my first game, LG15b, and El betrayed me more recently, in LG23. Both times, after I found out, I wrote out page after page of death threats. At one point, I threatened to rip out El's heart and stab it over and over until I was satisfied. And you know what happened? I amused them. El commented that she enjoyed seeing just how deeply her betrayal had hurt, and she had enjoyed pouring salt in the wound and seeing me flail around. If you truly want revenge, the best thing to do is to play rationally, pretend to bury it in the past, gain my trust, and then betray it on as many levels as possible. Make me feel your pain tenfold. Constantly voting on me is not an effective way to get revenge, and can only hold you back as a player.

In your own words, I no longer want to rip out your heart and stab it over and over, Rae.

Edited by Ookthelion III

1 hour ago, Ookthelion III said:

If anyone has gotten a role that would help us find the elims, please either tell it to the thread or PM me. (Don't say what the role does, obviously.) I think that it's a better idea to not explore, since we know exploring will create elims but we don't know how helpful the secret roles are.

Definitely don't say in thread that you have a useful role. If you must tell someone, do so in pm, possibly to more than one player, so if you're unfortunate enough to tell an eliminator your role, someone else can tell the village who else knew, maybe.

Wow @Ookthelion III And I thought u were an alright guy. But if I didn't know better I would say you just had a bad day.

I don't see what's wrong with not exploring, and as I have said before, I'm kinda overseas, so I won't be that active, so I'll just keep exploring until I find something decent to share.

And for some reason I can't give rep to u @Chaos do u know why?

Two reminders:

1. Do not copy and paste from your GM PM (or any other PM.) I shouldn't have to say this, but this includes manually typing out anything a GM might have sent you. If it's not already obvious, this rule is not because we're technophobes. This rule is not because we hate you and want to make life difficult for you by forcing you to type things out manually. This rule is because a huge part of this game is about deception. Drawing on GM (or sub-GM!) authority to affirm your truthfulness eliminates a significant tool both players and Eliminators have in their kit: deceiving another player.(Ditto for copying and pasting what other players say.) I will say this again: you are not allowed to copy and paste from PMs, and this includes typing it out letter by letter. You are only allowed to summarise or otherwise present the information in your own words.

2. This is in a similar vein to the first reminder. You're enjoying the ability to PM freely at night. That's fine. Sometimes, you have things you want to clarify with the GM that pertains to personal information you have. Do not ask the GM (or sub-GM) for clarification in a joint PM. Such requests for clarification anywhere but your personal PM will be ignored. This is because it breaks the same principle as the first reminder: a GM answer in your joint PM confirms your truthfulness (or lack thereof.) To be clear: clarifications that everyone will have access to will be replied to both in the joint PM and as part of the clarifications in the thread. (e.g. "Can we create group PMs at night?") Clarifications that refer to messages you have personally received from the GM, such as "Wyrm, you said I was an Explorer, right?" or "Wyrm, I found books and gained a Cynic role - can I use this to block all attempts to convert me?"--that are asked in an inappropriate place--will be duly ignored.

Thank you, and here's to avoiding such situations in future.

<_< I was having a bad day yesterday. 

Darkness, did you mean to say "I  don't see anything wrong with exploring"?  Your double negative contradicts your next statement,  and I want to be clear what your thoughts are.

Also,  it  might be hard to give rep to Chaos,  given he hasn't posted in this thread.

4 hours ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

Wow @Ookthelion III And I thought u were an alright guy. But if I didn't know better I would say you just had a bad day.

I don't see what's wrong with not exploring, and as I have said before, I'm kinda overseas, so I won't be that active, so I'll just keep exploring until I find something decent to share.

And for some reason I can't give rep to u @Chaos do u know why?

Maybe you hit your upvote quota for the day?

I really wish there was a general rule that stated "Don't change your forum name while in the middle of a game of SE" :( I really can't follow this game, between the number of players and people changing their forum names (along with their avatars in several cases) and not signing their posts. I'm going to give up trying to follow and just explore until I find something interesting and/or "ookla season" ends and people change their names back to the ones they signed up under.

2 hours ago, Nyali said:

I really wish there was a general rule that stated "Don't change your forum name while in the middle of a game of SE" :( I really can't follow this game, between the number of players and people changing their forum names (along with their avatars in several cases) and not signing their posts. I'm going to give up trying to follow and just explore until I find something interesting and/or "ookla season" ends and people change their names back to the ones they signed up under.

Agreed, Ookla season is apparently fun for a lot of people, but here in SE it's just absolutely game breaking.

Mark here (obvious from the picture, I hope) 

I'm back! Sorry for my absence, I was a little busy. And, thank you for not dropping a vote onto me. :D

Anyways, my comments from D2 include the fact that Jondesu seems a little off to me. Now, bearing in mind the fact that this is my first game with him, I'm willing to dismiss that for now.

What I noticed is that I don't think anyone has mentioned again, since D1, that the lynch does help us. It tells us what people are wiling to stick to. For instance, ecthelion decided to vote for Rae for OOG reasons. Or atleast that's what we're led to believe. I for one, find that suspicious. That is not to say you aren't allowed to vote for OOG reasons (although that likely wouldn't help the village), but that it is likely linked to the fact that on my reading through D2, I found Rae to be fairly unsuspicious. Voting for someone with OOG reasons is, IMO, a fairly convenient way to get away with unjustified and inconsistent voting. (I was about to vote for ecthelion there, but then I realised it's night right now.)

Just so you know, I will be exploring tonight too. 

Also, who is Jar Jar here? Is that you, DA?

Mark awoke to the pain of a throbbing head and the sound of bees buzzing. Delicately, he reached out his hand to the back of his head, and felt the swelling. He'd fallen unconscious, it seemed, after crashing his head with something. Gingerly, he tried to sit up, each move seeming to take hours, as his body awoke from its stupor.

"How long have I been asleep?" He wondered out loud.

Slowly, he tried to stand. From his vantage, he realised the ground seemed to be writhing. At a closer glance, he realised those were tiny pieces of awakened wood that were scrawl in on the ground. 

Mark bent over - and almost fell - to see what the thousand tiny bits were writing. The buzzing was emanating from these tiny pieces, not bees! His eyes widened more than he thought possible. It seemed someone had scattered these tiny bits of wood around him just to insult him. 

Infuriated with the abominable shards, Mark brushed them away with his foot, and started for the lobby to demand information on who was responsible for this. Only, he really had no clue which way he had come, and which way he had to go. 

Picking at random, Mark chose the hallway to his right, and started to walk through it. 

It seemed he had a long day.. or was it night?.. a long walk ahead of him.

Okay, so there're 3 villagers dead with 3 elims (for now anyway) out of 34 players (not counting Kasimir) and the elims are obviously going to kill one villager tonight.  IMO, it's going to take an awfully long time for them to outnumber us, and both of our lynches have resulted in dead villagers. That's not surprising seeing how less the number of elims are. So I guess it's fine to Explore. The more elims, the earsier to get one caught up in a lynch, right? But of course, that's going to make it harder for the villagers to win. I obviously have no idea what I'm trying to say here. So...RP? (Just a few sentences but eh I'm sleepy. More coming in D3)

Stick went exploring the previous night. She hours of searching gave her nothing. Walking past a series of doors, something clanked against her shoes. She looked down and found a...small container. It had something scribbled on it, and contained a mixture of some sort. It looked important. Very important. Stick abondoned it and continued her way. 

So...yeah. I found something last night, it might be useful, but it's kinda useless.     (:ph34r:) I'll probably post some game discussion in the day turn.

So I am still in favour of exploring for the time being. I prefer that then doing nothing and waiting for the traitors to keep killing people until we can kill one of them. I have seen a couple people saying that Jondesu is acting suspicious but I think that is just how he plays. From what I've seen in MR18 there isn't too much difference. 

I don't have too many suspicions so far. Elenion has stood out for me but I'm going to wait till the day starts to try and do any real analysis.

Day 3: Two for Joy

Locke raised his hand as high as it would go, feeling around for purchase. He gave it an experimental pull, and the rock came away in his hand. He sighed and tossed the rock away behind him, heedless of whether it would hit anyone. He replaced his hand and gave another tug. This time it felt stable, so he put his weight on the hand, using it as purchase to raise his foot up to the next rung.

Slowly he crested the wall of the courtyard, helping himself with further footholds and the plant life that crept down it. He found himself on the roof of this part of the building, though looking around it still didn't seem like he was on the roof of the building proper. No, instead what he had found himself in appeared to be some kind of rooftop garden.

But it was not what he expected. The garden flourished, with a variety of plants and flowers that he could pretty easily name on sight. But it was not a colourful garden; It was grey, as though someone had sucked all the colour out of it. Perhaps it had been used for some kind of Awakening in the past, from which it had never recovered. He didn't know.

A glint caught his eye. Something shiny, almost a blinding white. It was nestled in the branches of a tree above him, hiding in the ashen leaves. No, looking at it closer, it appeared to be in a bird's nest, carried there by some thieving magpie. He climbed the trunk slowly, mindful of the fact that if he slipped and fell badly, he might fall off the garden entirely and hurt himself. He reached out for the silvery object. His fingers reached out to grab it.

“What do you bloody think you're doing?!” A shrill voice asked.

There was a sharp stabbing pain in his fingers, and he let go with a cry. He hit the ground, thankfully not too far from where he was or in an awkward position, staring back up at the tree. The silver jewellery box that it seemed he had found started to slip and fell from the tree. It bounced oddly and flew off into the darkness below. A bird squawked in a way that almost seemed to resemble laughter, and took flight. Locke simply sighed.

When morning arrived, and they met up in the study once more, two people failed to turn up. After some intensive searching, they found Greg's body propped up against the mantelpiece in a living room. There was a single wound on his body, a stab through the ribs which had pierced his heart and dyed his shirt a vivid red.

But although they searched well into the day, they could not find Stick's body. It was as though the man had vanished entirely overnight.

Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) was an Explorer with a Mixed Metal Vial!
Greg Renold (STINK) was an
Explorer!
Two Omens have been discovered!
The Day has begun, so no more PMs please.

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties.
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market.
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure.
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion.
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure.
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person.
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance.
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars.
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1480539600.png

Edited by Alvron

So, two deaths. Hoping that's a town vigilante role, not a second eliminator kill... If it's a town vig role, which kill do people reckon was the eliminator kill? Stick?

Also, we're now up to 5 eliminators, out of 29 players living. If the second kill is any indication, some people have been lucky enough to actually find some useful items/roles when exploring. While I do think there's some sorta limit on how large the eliminator team is allowed to get before it being basically impossible to grow larger, I do think it'd let us reach 7 or 8 eliminators before truly getting improbable. But I don't think that's going to at all help us out. So less exploring is a good thing. Not exploring at night is an easy enough thing for people to do if you've found a role. So more the thing is those who've not been lucky enough to find items/roles. I won't say "Don't explore", because you're here to have fun, and it may be that you'll find it less fun if you don't have items/abilities or something. I'd just ask you to be conscious of the fact that your exploration could generate a new eliminator. Although it's likely the eliminators will explore anyway, so there'll always be a chance of a new eliminator anyway. But your exploring increases the probability of it happening.

As far as suspicions go, Ecthelion is probably the player I'm most suspicious of right now. Two of the key things I brought up last night:
> They voted on Rae for little reason (they then responded that they were more suspicious of Rae than PK, but none of that was communicated in thread prior to the lynch, or explained as to why they were suspicious of Rae either),
> They encouraged villagers to roleclaim in thread, or barring that, PM them. The only way claiming in thread could possibly work is if there was a village protection role. Otherwise the eliminators can just jump in and kill the village scanner. Role claiming in PM's is also a bad idea - this game has a conversion mechanic. Since last night, there are 2 more eliminators, and they could be anyone. Including Ecthelion, if they weren't already. Also, unfortunately an alignment scanner's usefulness (if we have or get one) is diminished until we stop getting new eliminators each night. After it's settled down, scans can carry more weight.  

And those two things are also about the extent of their contribution to the game so far, as far as I can tell. I'm not going to put a vote down on them just yet, but I'm going to think about it.

Did Stick tell anyone what that "mixed metal vial" was about?  It'd be helpful to know what his role was so we know what we lost, if so (assuming it's not a gag item).   I'd suspect he was the vigilante kill if that's what happened, but he could have been an Elim with a special item/role too, so it's hard to be sure.  If he told someone, though, that will help.

:) Those are all valid points, Hael. I can't deny that I have been acting erratically this game, so all I can really do in my defense is explain why my erraticness doesn't necessarily make me an eliminator.

1. I'm telling people not to explore. The eliminators want people to explore, as it's a steady way of building their team.

2. Assume that: a. we know Rae is a villager, and b. probability is that PK is a villager. With these two assumptions in mind, would an eliminator, who knows Rae and PK are both villagers (in this hypothetical situation), ever in his right mind switch his vote at the last minute to Rae, who would die and be confirmed a villager? No! The only one who would do that would be a villager, someone who doesn't know everyone else's roles.

3. Sorry for not mentioning I agreed with the case against Rae. Her excuses seemed a little too convenient. My vote on PK was not serious, as is clearly evidenced by that post.

4. I didn't mean for people to roleclaim, I just meant that I wanted at least someone to say that they had or knew someone who had gotten something useful from exploring, because so far, exploring is clearly helping the elims very very much (they are spawning faster than we can lynch them) but I doubt it's helping the village basically at all.

-

I am starting my posts from now on with an emoji to show how I'm feeling / the feeling I want to get across, because it's hard- to express emotion on the Internet, especially if you're uneloquent like me.

So with the vial of metals and the steel misting role I'm guessing that we have some worldhopping going on here? Anyone have any idea why that might be the case? Maybe the house actually has nothing to do with awakening and a mistborn/fullborn is just out there messing with everyone? 

Araris Valerian Here, if you couldn't tell.

Aralis glanced at the man in the red uniform. "You do realize that without killing Rotiart, your hypothetical scenario doesn't hold any ash?" As he said that, he glanced at the Professor. He wasn't quite sure, but something seemed a bit off about that man as well. Then Aralis turned towards another man. Something in his head thought "potato," but that was nonsense. Even somebody that believed in Koloss would agree that people can't be potatoes.

"Nightspud! You were one of those young fools that kept talking about exploring the House yesterday but never said anything helpful. Why shouldn't we hang you today?"

My vote is on Assassin in Burgundy, AKA Ookla the Colorful, for those people that don't want to bother checking lists that are elsewhere.