Both @Ookla the Paranoid and @Araris Valerian are suspicious to me for voting on me for no real reason other then a "gut feel." Correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems like they're both Elims just trying to kill me off. So Araris. Straw, you aren't off the hook for me. Enough people are voting for Araris that we can kill him.

Edited by Ookla the Colorful
Color weirdness

9 hours ago, Unodus said:

This is Ookla the Fortunate, un-ooklifying back to Unodus aka: Exion. Hey :B

I agree that, if it was a vigilante kill, Stink was probably the non traitor kill.

I would also go as far as to say that I'm also suspicious of Ecthellion, but before we turn to bandwagoning- has anyone been paying attention to who's been inactive or not? Because it doesn't seem like 30 different people are posting each cycle imo, and it would be very easy for the traitors to hide while the active player duked it out. While I'm against lynching against inactives in the early cycle, I think it's fair to say anyone who's been silent for a while also warrants suspicion?

I've been keeping notes on who has been posting each cycle.

Aonar hasn't posted since Day 1, although he responded to a PM I sent him. EDIT: Oh, he's posted this cycle. Well that's something.
Jefrywlferson only posted once, which was on Day 1 to apologize for being inactive.
Magestar, until his post this cycle, hadn't posted since Night 1.
Nathanvanduij hasn't posted at all.
Orlok hasn't posted since Day 1, due to RL stuff.
Polking has only posted in Night 0 and Day 2.
Seonid is low active (but I believe his wife just had a baby)
The Lady of Choas only posted on Day 1

So there's 3 proper inactives, two low/inactives who have notified us that they'd be low actives, and a lurker. Note that this is just based on if they posted or not. There's a more people that are posting once per cycle but it not being particularly relevant/helpful.

Edited by Haelbarde

I believe that Ookthelion III's post about revealing scanning roles in-thread or PMing him was just too strange to ignore. Plus, I'm getting a gut feel of him being elim this cycle. I don't have anything concrete, however.

Vote count:
Assassin (2): Araris, Straw
Ookthelion III (2): Elenion, JUQ
Elenion (1): Ookthelion III
Arinian (2): Clanky, Unodus
Araris (2): Jondesu, Assassin
Straw (1): wilson

That's 4 people with two votes. 

@Assassin in Burgundy I voted for you because last day cycle, rather than helpfully contributing to the lynch discussion, you talked about whether or not we should explore. There is no "gut read" at all, there is me seeing you do something suspicious and unhelpful to the village. If that warrants killing me, then go ahead. Aralis doesn't have much of a tolerance for that sort of thing anyway.

33 minutes ago, JUQ said:

I believe that Ookthelion III's post about revealing scanning roles in-thread or PMing him was just too strange to ignore. Plus, I'm getting a gut feel of him being elim this cycle. I don't have anything concrete, however.

:angry: Did you not just read my post? I said what I meant by that was any useful role gained by exploring!

Arinian Elenion because I'd really not like us to waste a lynch on me and I'm most suspicious of Arinian of all the people with 2 votes.

-Ecthelion III, obviously

Edited by Ookthelion III

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Assassin in Burgundy I voted for you because last day cycle, rather than helpfully contributing to the lynch discussion, you talked about whether or not we should explore. There is no "gut read" at all, there is me seeing you do something suspicious and unhelpful to the village. If that warrants killing me, then go ahead. Aralis doesn't have much of a tolerance for that sort of thing anyway.

I was mostly referring to Ookla the Paranoid when I said that. But to explain my earlier post, @Jondesu, that was basically saying "Hey. I'm here. Please don't lynch me for being inactive now." I've had experiences with that in past games, and I'd rather not repeat that.

EDIT: Also, what's with the orange thing?

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

1 hour ago, Ookthelion III said:

:angry: Did you not just read my post? I said what I meant by that was any useful role gained by exploring!

Arinian Elenion because I'd really not like us to waste a lynch on me and I'm most suspicious of Arinian of all the people with 2 votes.

That means that if you are an elim you've broadened your scope from scanners to all useful roles.
However, it appears that there is nothing to be gained from voting for you, so I'm switching from Ecthelion III to Assassin, because I'm more suspicious of him than Arinian.

Vote count:
Assassin (4): Araris, Straw, Jondesu, JUQ
Ookthelion III (1): Elenion
Arinian (3): Clanky, Unodus, Ecthelion III
Araris (1): Assassin
Straw (1): wilson

@Wonko the Sane, @Elbereth, @Nyali@Daniyah@Paranoid King, @Magestar, @Bugsy6912@Nathanvanduij, @Arinian, @OrlokTsubodai, @Ookla the Insufferable, @polkinghornbd, @Clanky, @Haelbarde, @The_Lady_of_Chaos, @jefrywlfersn@Ookla The Russian (Mark) are the people who haven't voted. There are a couple of others too, but I don't know their Ookla names.

Edited by JUQ

I'm going to withdraw my vote on Araris and vote for Arinian. Sorry @Araris Valerian, I thought you were the same person as Arinian. Since a number of us already find Arinian suspicious, I voted for you because I thought you were him. I'm sorry. I retract my suspicions of you. 

8 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'm going to withdraw my vote on Araris and vote for Arinian. Sorry @Araris Valerian, I thought you were the same person as Arinian. Since a number of us already find Arinian suspicious, I voted for you because I thought you were him. I'm sorry. I retract my suspicions of you. 

You ain't kidding anyone, buddy. Everyone knows you've voted for Arinian in order to tie the votes.

By the way, I don't see why everyone is suspicious of Arinian. His posts that pertain to the importance of a lynch are as follows:

I do not understand why you suspect him. For me it seems like he just was against lynch on the first day(and I agree with him). Because, I don't understand how you want to get useful info from lynch of inactive(and how suspicion can be landed on someone if there was only two votes on him, your and Elenion's). It was just lynch of inactive player that truly gave nothing.

This implies that he does not support first day lynches. Or maybe lynches in general.

Wait what are you doing? There no lynch if draw. 

Ok, so Rae.

Here he is saying that after Rae's vote for PK, PK has 3 votes and Rae has 2, which means that there is no draw, and PK will be lynched. Therefore, he is voting for Rae in order to restore the draw and avoid a lynch. Still against a lynch.

Don't know but for me it's looks like bad idea. Maybe I'm wrong but that what I'm think. 

Here he is saying that a lynch is a bad idea. Still against a lynch.

24 minutes ago, JUQ said:

You ain't kidding anyone, buddy. Everyone knows you've voted for Arinian in order to tie the votes.

No, I was actually being serious when I said that. I thought Arinian was Araris's game name or something. I'm sorry. But yes, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just don't want to die. Weird, isn't it? Especially when you know you're a villager and you want to actually try to survive this time now that there's a game as awesome as this. But yeah, I'm sorry. I know how irrational it is to not want to get lynched. I should really get that checked out. 

EDIT: At this point I'm probably gonna die. 1, will I be able to use my lerasium bead before I die? I really want to know what it does. 2, when I die and it's revealed I was a villager, the sound you will be hearing is my dead body saying "I told you so."

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

12 hours ago, Clanky said:

So it seems like most people agree that stick was the elim kill which I agree with but for other reasons. In the write-up where Bard was killed his body disappeared. "both the skeleton and the body of Huxton were gone" and in this write-up "they could not find Stick's body. It was as though the man had vanished entirely overnight." plus we never found kasimirs body either. So likely whoever disappears in the night was killed by the traitor kill and if we find the body it's from another cause. 

C.L was exhausted after another long night exploring the house. There was still no proof that there was any sentient awakenings going on here! He still hadn't heard any unnerving music or smelled anything fishy (but he did smell something odd every time he passed that Hammer fellow). 

This obviously leads to only one possible conclusion. They were all in on it! This whole house was built to create the most impossible mystery of all time to test the great C.L Anky to see if he is worthy of being welcomed in to their secret society of the greatest investigators of all time! Finally! My brilliance is being recognized. I knew it was only a matter of time. I will show you all how great I am and rightfully join with the greatest of all time!

"I can do this!" yelled C.L, uncaring of the many strange looks he got for yelling alone in the corner. It didn't matter he was prepared for anything! But first time to interview some suspects!

"You, Arinian, I see you lurking over there! What have you been doing during all these dark mysterious nights?" 

So looking back I still haven't sen much suspicious activity. I did however notice arinians change of tone regarding the lynch. From  

"For me it seems like he just was against lynch on the first day(and I agree with him). Because, I don't understand how you want to get useful info from lynch of inactive(and how suspicion can be landed on someone if there was only two votes on him, your and Elenion's). It was just lynch of inactive player that truly gave nothing."

To later saying:

"Wait what are you doing? There no lynch if draw." along with a vote for Rae.

Why the change? You went from semi-anti lynch to pushing hard for a lynch.

Yeah, I was online when you voted against me (but that was 2 AM in my country so I went to sleep). And as JUQ wrote I tried to draw votes. But then happened "Great Ookla vote invasion" I'm not expected that. So that's why I not retract my vote.(and cause I was little bit confused by Wyrm's post: " I'm not counting this vote unless I am informed of who posted it. You were warned. " (that was said about Stink's vote cause stink was Ookla the Bard as I remember), of course latter Wyrm added that Stink's vote will be count (but I didn't saw it). If u will ask me why I was against lynch. I was against it cause I thought that 2-3 elims not enough to find them by random lynch or get some information from lynch. 

8 hours ago, Unodus said:

I'm going to contribute to the poke vote against Arinian for now because ultimately killing actives who turn out to be villagers just makes things easier for active traitors to swing the vote and nonactive traitors to lurk the game away

Here I'm. Some questions?

5 hours ago, Ookthelion III said:

Waste on you? Why you so sure that it's gonna be waste :huh:

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Nothing to blame.  I'm too gonna throw vote on you if there will be need for me. But you don't  looks suspicios to me.

If you want to know whom I suspected it was Elenion. But you know that suspicions like mehh... not very good reasoned or just taken out of context.That's what he writes on the first day:

The advantage to this plan is that we get more information on the elims, but the disadvantage is that the more elims we get, the harder it will be to lynch one of them. With 2 elims, they have almost no voting power and are susceptible to the lucky bandwagon. When they have, say, 6 elims, it will be very difficult to lynch one of them because it will require 7 villagers voting as one.

That looks like that he think's that is a good idea do some lynch on the first day. And he do it. He throws his vote on phattemer.( yeah u can say that's poke vote to make phatt more active or make some disсussion, but there already Rae's vote on phatt, so the only meaning in this vote to lynch him(phatt I mean)). That what he says on the day 2:

At the time I was thinking the same things as Jondesu; there were no suspicious vote swings or information leaks. The lynch didn't give us much to go on, and so Jondesu articulated that. I don't see that as suspicious.

So he agreed with Jondesu.(but Jondesu was against lynch).(Yeah there reasons why he changed he's opinion on that lynch " there were no suspicious vote swings or information leaks"). Then:

I'm trying to avoid a repeat of last lynch, where I put a vote down, was unable to get on, and ended up with a lynch that didn't generate much discussion. But I guess we are suffering from a lack of votes, so...

So basically, we've got 2 votes on PK (Ecth and Straw), one vote on Straw (PK), one vote on Rae (JUQ), one on Dani (Araris), and one on Jondesu (Rae). Currently, the lynch is on PK, who because of his attempts at creating discussion I trust more than the others; so that needs to change. I could fix that by voting Straw, Rae, or Dani. And then... gut reads. Grrrr. I hate lynching based on gut alone. But... Rae. Something's just seemed off about her playstyle this game, and though I can't place it I'd much rather have her lynched than PK.

Okay he was unable to retract his vote. But still "Playstyle this game" not looks like very good reason for lynch.(but okay my vote looks not much better). That's just my opinion... and i have nothing more to say. I'll put my vote later.

Well, I'm satisfied. I just wanted to make sure a poke vote wasn't overshadowed by an early bandwagon v:

Thanks for the list, Hael- I think I'll shift my vote to someone who hasn't actually posted and hasn't had any poke-votes (as far as I'm aware). Though I personally don't think Assas is guilty myself, I'm not going to ask anyone to shift their votes if they're confident in their assessment. (note that this will still break the tie against Assas if no one has any second thoughts)

Arinian
Nathanvanduij   

11 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Aonar hasn't posted since Day 1, although he responded to a PM I sent him. EDIT: Oh, he's posted this cycle. Well that's something.
Jefrywlferson only posted once, which was on Day 1 to apologize for being inactive.
Nathanvanduij hasn't posted at all.
Orlok hasn't posted since Day 1, due to RL stuff.
Polking has only posted in Night 0 and Day 2.
Seonid is low active (but I believe his wife just had a baby)
The Lady of Choas only posted on Day 1

Hey Hael, you forgot someone else that hasn't been posting, heh. Me!

Maybe my profile picture had something to do with it, eh? 

What were we talking about again?

Anyways, some of you might have been noticed I've been extremely quiet lately. Well, that's because my SAT exams are only a few days away. I'll probably be going full quiet for the next five days, so just a heads up, and sorry for not talking more. 

I'll still try to return PMs in the Night turn, but I won't be able to accuse or make long analysis posts. I'll be back soon though, so don't worry!

(Please don't lynch or elim kill me while I'm gone :ph34r:)

Doc out.

11 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

Fairly certain I posted after that.  I could be wrong, though.  I intend to be more active from this point on.   Having died in MR18 should help with that.

Having read over the thread recently, I'm getting something off about the tone of Elenion's posts.  I'm going to go back and focus on the things he said, but after just a quick read-through that's what I got.

I'm not feeling the Arinian or Assassin lynch.  I'll read over this cycle more closely in a minute, but I'm going to tie the lynch with a vote on Arinian for the moment.  I'll try to pay more attention to this game, and I'll take a look at Arinian and Assassin, but right now I'm not sure.

Agh.  I keep wanting to type Arianian. :P  

Arinian, thanks for responding. I wasn't expecting that much support for a lynch on you. It seems a bit odd to me actually how many people voted for you and that there was also an immediate counter vote on Assassin by several people. Not sure if it is connected but either way this has become an interesting vote as it seems like neither lynch option has too much reasoning behind it at this point.

I'm going to leave my vote for now and see how things play out. 

I disagree with Arinian's seeming aversion to lynching, since that is the primary (and only confirmed) tool the village has in this game. As such, I am more suspicious of him than most others right now. If necessary, I will vote on him later to cause a lynch, but I would prefer if the village came to a consensus on a target instead as I don't have any solid leads right now

1 hour ago, Magestar said:

Having read over the thread recently, I'm getting something off about the tone of Elenion's posts.  I'm going to go back and focus on the things he said, but after just a quick read-through that's what I got.

I'm pretty sure you think that my tone is off every game that we play together. :D:P

I think that both Assassin and Arinian are village, and this lynch between them is a just bandwagoning war. Then again, the sudden voting surge against Arinian as soon as Assassin was suspected made me a little suspicious, but that alone isn't enough for me to want a lynch on Burgundy. The Ookthelion lynch has died down (although I wish that it hadn't), so I'll throw a vote on Nathan to give us an option other than the bandwagoning war.

13 minutes ago, The_Lady_of_Chaos said:

Hello. I know i haven't been all that active. I'll try and be more. But i'm really far behind. Can someone give me a quick recap of what's happened so far?

Ditto. That's exactly how I feel right now about posts from before today. All I've really read was what was said today. A summery of prior turns would be great =\

From what I've gathered by reading today's posts:

• Arinian was being targeted for being inactive, but when they became active and posted, people continued the vote for them because they didn't like how he seemed to be against lynching (which makes me suspicious of him, because lynches are how the village wins).
  • Araris was briefly targeted for having a name too similar to Arinian's (oops?).
  • Ecthelion was being targeted for suggesting people with scanning roles should contact him privately (which I find extremely suspicious).
  • Nathan is being targeted for being completely inactive (which I agree with - inactives don't contribute much to the game and mislynching one isn't usually a big deal compared to mislynching an active villager).
  • What I'm missing is why Assassin is being targeted. Could someone explain that one?
  • Am I missing anyone else?

21 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Ditto. That's exactly how I feel right now about posts from before today. All I've really read was what was said today. A summery of prior turns would be great =\

From what I've gathered by reading today's posts:

• Arinian was being targeted for being inactive, but when they became active and posted, people continued the vote for them because they didn't like how he seemed to be against lynching (which makes me suspicious of him, because lynches are how the village wins).
  • Araris was briefly targeted for having a name too similar to Arinian's (oops?).
  • Ecthelion was being targeted for suggesting people with scanning roles should contact him privately (which I find extremely suspicious).
  • Nathan is being targeted for being completely inactive (which I agree with - inactives don't contribute much to the game and mislynching one isn't usually a big deal compared to mislynching an active villager).
  • What I'm missing is why Assassin is being targeted. Could someone explain that one?
  • Am I missing anyone else?

I feel like it's unlikely that Nathan's a traitor. Given the way this game works, I doubt Wyrm would select completely inactive players for the eliminator team, at least at the beginning. I'd suggest we lynch someone who poses more of a threat to us, if possible

"Bother you all! If I've explained this once, I've explained it a thousand times! We should kill Nightspud because he took the time to speak up yesterday, but all he talked about was exploring the House, something we already agreed to do only at night. That sort of thing is less useful than a mistwraith that lost its bones, so let's kill him instead of somebody more useful."

I'm using orange for my out of character text, since I'm trying to write most of my posts in character this game. I would like to point out that this game kind of has a balancing factor for inactives. Presumably, they aren't exploring, so they won't be finding Omens or getting any roles or items. I think we should leave them alone until the House is dead, and will not contribute towards the lynch of any (fully) inactive player.

13 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

No, I was actually being serious when I said that. I thought Arinian was Araris's game name or something. I'm sorry. But yes, I don't know why I feel this way, but I just don't want to die. Weird, isn't it? Especially when you know you're a villager and you want to actually try to survive this time now that there's a game as awesome as this. But yeah, I'm sorry. I know how irrational it is to not want to get lynched. I should really get that checked out. 

EDIT: At this point I'm probably gonna die. 1, will I be able to use my lerasium bead before I die? I really want to know what it does. 2, when I die and it's revealed I was a villager, the sound you will be hearing is my dead body saying "I told you so."

Your original vote for Araris (even if you meant Arinian) was still meant to try and tie up the lynch, which is what you were being accused of.

Vote Tally
Assassin(4): Araris{1}, Straw{1}, JUQ{2}, Jondesu{2}
Elenion(0): Ecthelion{1}
Arinian(4): Clanky{1}, Unodus{1}, Ecthelion{2}, Assassin{2}, Magestar{1}
Araris(0): Jondesu{1}, Assassin{1}
Ecthelion(0): Elenion{1}, JUQ{1}
Straw(1): Wilson{1}, Hael{1}
Nathan(2): Unodus{2}, Elenion{2}

Assassin(4): Araris, Straw, JUQ, Jondesu
Arinian(4): Clanky, Ecthelion, Assassin, Magestar
Straw(2): Wilson, Hael
Nathan(2): Unodus, Elenion

Can't say I'm feeling either the Assassin lynch or the Arinian lynch. Assassin seems to have a poke vote from Araris, an arbitrary vote from Straw, and a vote from JUQ because he doesn't believe in the Arinian lynch. Arinian's sole crime seems to be that he hasn't be pro lynch? Given that I don't think it came up at the start the game (I'll go check...), as he just started this game, he's possibly one of the few players who hasn't come across the whole lynch (particularly D1 lynch) discussion. I don't feel like that's something worth killing a new player for... Plus, the 3rd vote on him is Assassin's reactionary vote to tie the lynch.

@Unodus I don't know if lynching someone who just isn't around is necessarily any more helpful (jefrywilfrsn would be in the same situation, and chaos, if she'd not posted). Both of those seem like you could rely on them to just not turn up this game. While the aim is to not lynch actives, there's plenty low activity players who would be better served receiving some pressure. Like Straw, for example. About their only contributions are to comment on if they found anything at night or not, a reactionary vote on PK on a previous day cycle, and a vote with basically no contribution this cycle.

I think I'm going to join Wilson with a vote on Straw. @Ookla the Paranoid If you get on, care to try and explain your vote on Assassin better? 

EDIT: So Arinian has 4 votes, not 3. (I'd missed @Magestar's vote). His vote had been to tie the lynch, but it was already tied.. I'll probably shift my vote to assassin, to tie the vote, if nothing else changes...

EDIT 2: So I double checked again (this time referening JUQ's tally). Seems I missed Jondesu's vote change too... So Magestar did tie the votes, at 4.

Edited by Haelbarde