1 minute ago, Ookla the Doctorly said:

Sorry, Wyrm, about the last-minute vote.

- Wonko the Sane

At least he apologises, guys >>.

Also, it's nine o' clock, you know what that means! Yes, the Cycle has ended. Stay tuned, but also not very tuned, since I haven't written anything yet in anticipation of you lot being utter bastards >>.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Night 2: Dissension

Kasther's pocketwatch continued to turn. It made no noise, for the only moving parts were the Awakened string pieces used to make it. There was no comforting clockwork tick or set of musical chimes to play on the hour. It hung in the study from the desk, a stark reminder of what had already happened. It spun on without a care for the world or its previous owner, their only way to see what the time was now that the sun was fading away. No clocks in the House worked. They all stood frozen at different times, where they had finally wound down after their last owner had passed away or left, and no-one had been left to care for them. The House was eerily silent when it wasn't being loud. No people or animals or clocks to fill the awkward and long silences. If they weren't even there, who was to say whether the House would even notice the passage of time? It continued on, unheeding of the changing world around it. And in the study of the House, thirty-odd people whose own lives were frozen while the mystery of the House remained.

By the time that the dark, orange-painted dusk had descended on the House and its inhabitants, the Explorers had almost come to blows. Accusations were flying all over the place, some thought-out, others just reactionary as someone else said something they disagreed with. None of them said it, but the pachyderm in the study was that someone had to have killed Huxton. People didn't just up and die out of nowhere. Sure, they might die accidentally like Doctor Oglethorpe (and it was definitely and undeniably accidental. Or at least, they all shared the blame in a way, and none of them wanted to admit it), but not like Huxton had. None of them were able to brush that off as accidental.

But the crux of matters was that they did not know each other well and had not been in each others' company for long enough to get a feeling for each other. They did not know who to trust or, more importantly in some ways, who not to trust. Some seemed shifty and shady and had done since they arrived at the House, but that didn't mean that they would go as far as to commit murder. And then there was the issue of this place, which straddled the line of possibility in such a way that even those familiar with Awakening were forced to admit it seemed alien.

They had all agreed to fashion a noose. Someone had found some strong rope, and they'd use a chair as the stand for it. It was crude, and potentially not a clean death, but it was all they could provide in this place, or at least, it was all they could provide with what people had admitted to finding. In a way, this was the catalyst for the current air of distrust and gloom. Before, regardless of what had happened yesterday, it didn't seem quite real. Like a dream that had simply continued on too long without waking. Now, with the stark and mundane reminder of death before them, it had snapped them back to attention, but the fear was preying on their minds.

A simple comment would be spun into an attack on another person's character. A muttered utterance became contorted as other people strained to hear it and misheard what was said. The conditions were rife for a disaster in the making if the right spark was provided. The tension was thick in the air, everyone keeping to themselves and showing a gruff exterior to anyone who attempted to coax their opinion.

Something was said, a comment that in retrospect was fairly reasonable was taken the wrong way. The Explorers, fearing that the problem of this House and the potential murderer(s) would never be solved if they acted passively, forced the speaker, Doctor Artie Neuems, onto the chair. It was kicked away from him, and the old man fell, his neck snapping. They all stood for a moment, watching the corpse hanging from the sturdy chandelier in the study, before one of them had the sense to check his person for any evidence of wrongdoing. None was found.

Night 2 has begun! It will end at 9 PM GMT on Monday 28th November.
PMs may be continued until the end of the Turn.

Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) was an Explorer!

Dr Artie Neuems/Arraenae (5): Quintus (Jondesu), Isaac Jones (Elenion), Arinian (as himself), Greg Ronald (STINK),  The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III)
Rotiart/Paranoid King (3): Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Formerly Sane), Dr Artie Neuems (Arranae), Eques Tempore (Straw)
Yiferien/Daniyah (1): Ararlis (Araris Valerian)
Isaac Jones/Elenion (1): Khaos (little wilson)
Eques Tempore/Straw (1): Rotiart (Paranoid King)

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties.
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree.
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market.
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure.
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion.
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure.
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person.
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance.
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars.
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1480366800.png

Edited by Alvron

Oh no someone died who cares? Not me! I care 'bout this RP though :P 

---------------------------------

Greg Ronald was wondering where all these people came from. Who did they think they were? This was his house! Well, maybe not legally, but certainly emotionally. There was just something about the house, ya know? A certain buzz, maybe from the sentient armour around the corner, or the slivers all around the ground.

Speaking of, how did the slivers get there? They definitely weren’t there 2 weeks ago, or 3 weeks ago, or even 4 weeks ago! Who was vandalising his property? Ah well, might as well try and clean up this mess. Even though it was almost impossible to collect most of the slivers he could see, and you’ll never read a description of the process he used (it involved outer space), just know that he did collect them.

And they promptly moved to form a lovely picture, which I’ll try to convey to you.

And yes, the slivers did label the picture for me. Doesn’t particularly want to make me continue writing what’s been going on, seeing as there seems to be nothing good whatsoever.

Quintus watched as Dr Neuems fell to his death, hanging by the end of the rope. He wished it hadn't have needed to come to that, but the group was scared and angry, and with tensions running high and a murderer around, it wasn't surprising.

The fact that Dr Neuems seemed innocent after the fact didn't help sooth his conscience either.

Quintus resolved to explore the house more to find what was causing the feelings he'd been picking up, and perhaps even disable whatever was behind the house's strange and malevolent changes. Perhaps he'd overhear or stumble on something that would lead him to the Huxton's killer, too. He wasn't a fighter, but Quintus could take care of himself if needed.

Exion keeps his hat low throughout the ritual-like exchange, unusually quiet. When it becomes clear that the doctor is innocent, he turns away and takes a seat at an empty table- leaning back on his chair as he deals himself into a hand of solitaire as the rest of the group dissipates. He keeps one hand on his shortsword warily. 
"Black-bloody-bones, This is like Draxis all over again." He mutters, "Just another one I couldn't save- but Black-bloody-bones, when did it get so hard to roll the dice..."
He pours himself a drink and hums an old war tune to himself, sleeping upright with his hat over his eyes periodically- and talking quietly to the others to pass the time.

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:05 AM, Haelbarde said:

Reserved for quick links. (Sorry Kas)

Feh, I'm not always going to get up at / stay up until 5AM, just to make sure rule clarifications go in early :P [Edited to add: as penance, can you link this post in your quick links so people can access the Rule Clarifications for the cycle relatively easily? Thanks!]

Reasonably Late Rule Clarifications:

1. Can dead players PM other dead players about LG28? What about if living players PM dead players about the game, and dead players just remain silent?
Neither is permitted. As you may recall, the rules explicitly state that "Players who die can only discuss the game with each other in the doc. Please do not discuss with anyone else." This goes for communication with the living - even if the dead player ostensibly remains silent. Please do not PM each other. Thank you.

2. What happens to the items of slain players?
The House nom-noms reclaims them. No one gets to hang on to them. Easy come, easy go...

3. Can I PM people?
Yes. It's the Night cycle. You can PM one person or more people. Just remember to add Wyrm and myself to those PMs and that those PMs must shut down once the Day is here.

Edited by Kasimir

Shoot. Sorry for my inactivity, everyone. I forgot I was in the game. I'll read up and post thoughts

Edit: Ok, after scanning the last cycle, I'm most suspicious of Assassin. He continued to advocate exploring on the same fundamentally flawed basis of finding the heart that we've been trying to correct since before the game started. It seemed a little forced to me, and I don't think he legitimately just missed that fact with how often it was mentioned. I'll try and think of some more, but those are my 2 cents for now

Edited by Bugsy6912

Aralis shook his head at the crowd around the Doctor's corpse. Aralis didn't know much about the fellow, and certainly couldn't have contributed to his defense. But there were other much more... expendable people in the party. Had Rotiart been any different, Aralis might have tried to use what little influence he had to try and change things around. Some folks in the crowd were coming to some odd conclusions, but at least they were being vocal about them. It was the people with sensible ideas and no good reasoning that you had to watch out for. Those were the type of people that would tell you that all the deaths in the night were caused by the House, and then not mention their own involvement.

Aralis decided he would voice his thoughts, for whoever might be listening. "Okay, so I'm an old man, and don't change my mind much. That Quintus fellow still seems like a dishonest fellow to me. Also, all of you folks that were talking about exploring during the day, go bugger off. Don't waste my time when we have the whole night to do that sort of thing. I think one of you should be in that chair tomorrow. I'm off to see if I can find my rocker again, seeing as doing the same thing is bound to produce different results in this place. Good night!"

Edited by Ookla the Pooh
Removed the non-RP bit

11 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

He continued to advocate exploring on the same fundamentally flawed basis of finding the heart that we've been trying to correct since before the game started. It seemed a little forced to me, and I don't think he legitimately just missed that fact with how often it was mentioned.

I don't have any read on Assassin myself, but I do think that exploring is a good idea because to avoid breaking the game the chances of getting a new elim have to decrease each time, and if we want to get an elim lynched I think we're going to need some abilities. The Elims appear to have them, so we need them too. Call it an arms race, if you will.

--Len

Buggy, I continue to argue for exploring too, like Len said, since we need advantages. We can't find the heart till we get an Elim lynched, but we can get abilities, and honestly, creating more Elims will help us find them too. 2-3 can hide in a group like this easier than 4-5.

Edit: I'm on here when I really should be focusing on other things, which is part of why I'm not RPing right now. Hopefully later today.

Edited by Jondesu

I'm not saying we shouldn't explore. I'm just saying Assassin's rationale was that we need to find the heart, which had been brought up and shot down numerous times. We can't find the heart until we kill our first elim, so his support for exploring on that basis even after it was revealed as inherently flawed numerous times seemed suspicious to me

7 hours ago, Bugsy6912 said:

I'm not saying we shouldn't explore. I'm just saying Assassin's rationale was that we need to find the heart, which had been brought up and shot down numerous times. We can't find the heart until we kill our first elim, so his support for exploring on that basis even after it was revealed as inherently flawed numerous times seemed suspicious to me

Honestly, that makes him less suspicious to me. It seems to me that an eliminator is much less likely to make a mistake like that, and even less likely to make it repeatedly. Of all the players, the eliminators are most likely to pay attention to the dukes about conversion, the heart of the house, and so on, because their win condition is tied directly to it.

That said, if it turns out that he *is* an eliminator, it's likely that his compatriot is either inactive or new.

22 hours ago, Mesa the Ookla said:

That was a pretty storming good haiku in my opinion

Look, kid, it's your profile picture. That and yer meter is completely askew.

As for lynch discussion, I'd be happy to get rid of anyone who keeps insisting on exploring. What kind of stupid idea is that?

47 minutes ago, Ookthelion III said:

Look, kid, it's your profile picture. That and yer meter is completely askew.

As for lynch discussion, I'd be happy to get rid of anyone who keeps insisting on exploring. What kind of stupid idea is that?

I flipped. It came up heads. I explored.

1 hour ago, Ookthelion III said:

That's...kinda rude. Disagree all you want, but don't call other people's ideas stupid. That wasn't even in character.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Incarnate said:

That said, if it turns out that he *is* an eliminator, it's likely that his compatriot is either inactive or new.

Sound logic; I'll note that for later in case that is the case.

2 hours ago, Ookthelion III said:

What kind of stupid idea is that?

Isaac "The Hammer" Jones awakened from his nap to the loud voice of a guy in a red shirt and also to a pounding headache from the drinking he had been doing. He dealt with the first one first: "Were this the time to kill someone, I would advocate for your death [vote on you]. Nobody here is stupid, especially not the Hammer." And then, to deal with the headache, the Hammer went to sleep. There was enough Hammering in his head that he didn't feel like doing any outside of his head.

And of course, he didn't notice the insulting message that the rogue pen fragments had scribbled on his backside. That goes without saying.

--Len

Edited by Ookla the Unpredictable
signed post