Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

I wonder who would take screenshots of people's conversations. 

Hey GMs will we be notified every time anyone finds an item?

Well, one answer comes to mind, but I'll let Kipper say it (since it seems to be his favorite two words around me...). :P

Sorry, that was supposed to be in the writeup. It's there now.

3 Items were found.

Verre

And another person's dead. Lovely place Kae and I live in, huh?

I think I've decided what to do with Siaron. See, Kae took a few law classes before graduating at Elendel. So, the next time Siaron accuses me of being a murderer, Kae is going to demand for a reason, and when Siaron can't come up with one, I'm going to charge him with being a murderer and spreading libelous lies and get him sent off to the nearest soother parlor.

Okay, Kae says that that's not how lawyers work, but it's still fun to imagine.

Verre is very unhappy that someone called her a murderer. So, Aman, where's your proof?

I literally said last turn that it was just a blind hunch. There's no proof. Come on now.

I remember that happening as well, though in all the games I've played (which this game makes 15) I've never seen that happen.

An update, since I see no point in hiding information. I have now burned my metal a total of eight times. If I get another four actions this night turn I will officially be a Savant, which will be very good for the village. Therefore I would appreciate it if any votes on me are removed so that there's no risk of a Spiked!Rioter getting me killed.

Or very good for the Spiked, if you're evil. "I'm very powerful" is not a valid reason to keep you alive.

That said, I personally believe Aman should be spared the lynch, as he is my current favorite pick for Operation Windwhisper. Clanky, could you tell us if said Windwhisper is willing to scan Aman tonight?

On a side note, I feel that this exclamation mark notation is getting out of control. I accept it as a way to denote different behavior patterns within a single entity; e.g. Village!Wonko and Eliminator!Wonko (The former of which is much, much better at this game). But how is saying 'a Spiked!Rioter' conveying any more information than saying 'a Spiked Rioter'?

I'm perfectly open to Operation Windwhisper since our Allomantic Tin was killed (sadface). Sooner it gets done the better, in my opinion, since the only thing I should be in danger of is the lynch.

As for the business with the exclamation, it doesn't really convey anything differently. Was a product of habit more than anything else.

I literally said last turn that it was just a blind hunch. There's no proof. Come on now.

Verre is touchy that she's been accused. Kae is touchy that his sister has been accused. I'm just staying in character.  -_-

Or very good for the Spiked, if you're evil. "I'm very powerful" is not a valid reason to keep you alive.

That said, I personally believe Aman should be spared the lynch, as he is my current favorite pick for Operation Windwhisper. Clanky, could you tell us if said Windwhisper is willing to scan Aman tonight?

Sounds like he very well could be. As long as he doesn't open any PMs that is.

They'll get to you eventually! You're just not a priority target right now, because you aren't acting suspiciously, and you haven't indicated any valuable powers.

I do think it might be best if we take Lopen's suggestion, and decide here and now who's going to be scanned. I think Aman comes next, but after that, we should probably only pick a few more players, and allow the rest to start PMing.

Well, one answer comes to mind, but I'll let Kipper say it (since it seems to be his favorite two words around me...). :P

Sorry, that was supposed to be in the writeup. It's there now.

3 Items were found.

Control freak? :D

So last cycle I made a big deal about sleeping (or tried to at least), and that was enough to get a few people to place votes, but I don't think anyone actually gave a direct response to what I said. So what do you all think about sleeping in general during the night, and about Ama openly both not sleeping and giving his location away?

And my personal opinion is that players should not reveal whether or not they have slept, because then their votes (for those who haven't slept) completely lose all meaning.

So last cycle I made a big deal about sleeping (or tried to at least), and that was enough to get a few people to place votes, but I don't think anyone actually gave a direct response to what I said. So what do you all think about sleeping in general during the night, and about Ama openly both not sleeping and giving his location away?

And my personal opinion is that players should not reveal whether or not they have slept, because then their votes (for those who haven't slept) completely lose all meaning.

I think most players should sleep during the Night, so that we can actually have lynches, rather than relying solely on "Seekers." (I only use the quotations because there are many different types in this game. Totally not saying we shouldn't trust them or anything. Because I've heard you should "always trust a Seeker," or something like that.  ;))

About Aman. Well, I don't see why it matters if he wants to reveal where he is. It only puts himself in danger if it does anything, right? Also, revealing that he didn't sleep doesn't really seem harmful either. Maybe I'm missing something though?

I don't know if players should reveal whether they've slept or not. Haven't thought through it enough. Will think about it though.

Kae

Kae looked down at the mess of notes that he'd copied down onto a few sheets of paper torn out of Verre's journal. There, in handwriting that resembled the marks a dying koloss might make more than any form of written language, was everything that Kae remembered about the legend of Tyrian Falls.

1. Begins with an army Koloss marching towards Tyrian Falls

2. Inquisitors hidden among the townspeople start murdering people

3. The villagers lynch people in the hope of killing an Inquisitor

4. The Inquisitors kill all of the villagers.

There were no more Koloss armies anymore, so 1 couldn't happen. 2 was happening right this moment. The village was on its way to 3, and mathematicians generally agreed that while it was brutal, it was the best way to find the Inquisitors. And 4 was just depressing.

Even though Kae might not want to admit it, random calls for death, like when Siaron had tried to lynch Verre, might be the only way out of this.

"Jala Ghetti, what are you so desperate to do?" Kae asked. "I don't want you to die, but I'm interested in what you're so desperate to ask."

Jala was twitchy. She was tired and was without caffeine. She hated talking in larger group but unfortunately for her sanity, someone had put a temporary ban on speaking privately. It made sense as it was a method of trying to find spiked anythings, but still. Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard someone say her name,

"...What are you so desperate to do?"

Ah. Thats Kae. Hm. I've not talked to Kae much. I wonder if he has coffee.... Jala thought. 

"I don't want you to die," Oh, that's nice of him! I don't want me to die either. Great minds think alike?. "but I'm interested in what you're so desperate to ask." 

Jala blinked. "Well. I did mention that i had something to ask someone in private did I not? I did right? I'm sure I did... hm. Unless i thought that. I do that. Think things instead of saying. Yes..." she paused to think, "So... you want me to tell you publicly what i want to tell someone privately... that's rather inconvenient for me. But, I'll give you a hint, cause, you seem like a cool guy and all, since you don't want me to die- thanks by the way. 'ppreciate it. Hint, hint, hint...hm. It's important. To me. And it's not about coffee, although i would love some, i'm often tired you see." she looked to the side at whatever was to the side and nodded to herself slightly. She was thinking, she didn't care what was there. She glanced back at Kae "It's a secret. Okay?" Jala smiled widely. That's a useful hint right? Well... hm.

---

Side note- I decided that Jala would be a coffee addict like me. So while in character I'll likely mention coffee. If i say i want the unlimited coffee, i'm likely in character. Cause that item would suit my character, but since i'm a rare voter, the item isn't really that useful for me.

Side note 2- I'm highly caffeinated right now. And also tired. But coffeeeee....

"It's a secret. Okay?" Jala smiled widely.

"You could whisper it to me," Kae said. "That'll make it private, right?"

"He'll blab it out to the entire world by the end of today," Verre shouted from across the street. "Bad habit of his. I learned that the hard way."

Kae turned and mock glared at Verre, who had been writing in her journal. "I did not!" he said. "Last time that happened, it was two days before I blabbed. It was pretty obvious that you liked him, anyways, so why does it matter if I just confirmed --"

"Stop!" Verre put her hands over her ears. Her face was the blotchy pink of anger and embarrassment. "I'm not listening, la la la, I can't hear you!"

"But Jala can," Kae cheerfully called out across the street. "And her ears are open."

"HE'S INSANE," Verre yelled. She still seemed to be listening, despite what she'd said earlier. "DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT HE'S SAYING. IT'S NOT TRUE."

"Sister," Kae said, "Your lack of faith saddens me. You really think I would spill your innermost secrets to Jala?"

"YES," Verre said.

Secret item: coffee. Passive: a player who possesses the item coffee will be unable to sleep, but will still be able to vote. Active: a player who possesses the item coffee may consume the coffee to gain three extra action periods that night. Requires one action period to use. Consuming coffee will permanently destroy the item.

Edited by Arraenae

"You could whisper it to me," Kae said. "That'll make it private, right?"

Jala paused and was about to respond when someone shouted from across the street. "He'll blab it out to the entire world by the end of today, Bad habit of his. I learned that the hard way." Heh. Verre. The other one. Keeping tabs on her brother and who he talks to no doubt. She thought with a smirk.

Kae turned to glare at Verre. Jala noticed now that she had been writing in her journal. Was she literally taking notes on her brother then? Or was that completely unrelated... Jala shrugged slightly, dismissing the thought.

"I did not!" Kae was replying. "Last time that happened, it was two days before I blabbed."

Well, two days are better than one. Jala thought. 

"It was pretty obvious that you liked him, anyways, so why does it matter if I just confirmed --"

"Stop!" Verre put her hands over her ears. Her face was the blotchy pink of anger and embarrassment. "I'm not listening, la la la, I can't hear you!"

"But Jala can," Kae cheerfully called out across the street. "And her ears are open."

"I can confirm that!" Jala also called out with a wide grin.

"HE'S INSANE, DON'T LISTEN TO WHAT HE'S SAYING. IT'S NOT TRUE."

"Sister," Kae said, "Your lack of faith saddens me. You really think I would spill your innermost secrets to Jala?"

"YES," Verre said.

Jala had turned to the side slightly, hand over her mouth, shoulders shaking as she tried very hard to contain her laughter at the exchange. She made a mental note to talk to these two more often.

Edited by Burnt Spaghetti

Kae

"Do you think Star Thief could be an Inquisitor?" Kae asked. "I haven't seen them around here for a while. I know they're probably taking advantage of all this confusion to mug a few people, but it's also possible that they're the one who's been murdering people."

"Might be easier to kill someone than to leave them alive if you want to steal stuff," Verre called out.

"I just want to make sure Star Thief is still here," Kae said. "Apparently calling for people's deaths was a good way to get them to speak in Tyrian Falls. That's why I want to know if Star Thief is still in the city. They might have already left this place, or maybe they escaped the moment they heard about the second set of murders."