Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

Literally three minutes before you posted that, Lopen, someone PM'd me.

Meh, whatever. That probably should have been the first thing I posted. It just slipped my mind to make everyone aware of that fact. Wonko was the one who was on top of things. I was a little busy you see... :ph34r:

Edit: Anyone who already has a PM can PM me if they want.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

It's okay. Just makes me look suspicious, which I don't like  :ph34r:

If it helps, the person is claiming to be a Zinc Ferring and that they scanned me with two charges to learn my alignment and metals (this took place N2 btw). Apparently he scanned Wonko last night, but we all know he's dead now, so a lotta help that does. Seems like the exact same thing that happened in LG15b, where Burnt scanned Alvron first, then Kas who happened to be killed that same night, and we all know how that situation ended. On top of that I had a theory the last three nights that the Spiked had some kind of power scanner, because I was purposely baiting them into attacking me and yet they didn't bite. Soooo yeah. I dunno what to think right now. My gut says burn the witch Sparker, but with our Windwhisperer dead they could prove useful. But as he said in our PM, we seem to be doing just find killing the Spiked at random.

Should I reveal him? Keep his identity a secret to protect him from the Spiked? What're peoples thoughts.

I think I'd put my vote on Araris.

I'm not sure how manipulative he is, but I think his cover against the plan is very effective. He's put himself in as a non-urgent target for the scan, thus ensuring he's scanned very late, if ever. By that time, of course, he could just have started a PM,and could admit so, citing that it had been a very long time or something. Or, the scanner could have already died.

Anyways, I know this is sounding like I'm saying that just because I'm impatient (sort of. More like getting bored, really), so everyone else must be. But, you must understand, that is not my intention. I just want to know what other people think.

EDIT : Oh, and aman, I think you'd be better off keeping that person to yourself. If they do turn out to be good, I believe they'll have been put in the path of danger.

Other than that, I've not got many thought right now.

Edited by Mark IV

Hey, finally somebody decided to vote for real. Yeah Mark, I totally see where you are going with that post and I actually pointed that out as one of the minor flaws in the whole plan, in my post last cycle. I guess the main thing I have going for me is that I am never an active participant in PMs, which most players on here should be able to attest to. So my lack of PMs is not a strategy but more of a playstyle.

Arraenae, that post wasn't really that helpful, IMO. This is going to sound a bit agressive (maybe), so be warned. Anyway, that very thing just got discussed in the previous posts this cycle. So yeah. Also, I really don't like how a lot of our in thread discussion has been about PMs. As I mentioned before, lots of SE games don't have Uber Tin. And the village has won a lot of them. Consider the AG, which has never been won, where there is not any PM restriction until the Tineyes are all dead. (Everyone complaining about PMs can also just, you know, send one... It's not like you don't have power to change the situation a few clicks away.)

Also, the current reliance on the Windwhisperer isn't making the game all that fun, to be honest. By the Lord Ruler, I want to be killing people!

So basically anybody that has been complaining about not having PMs is on the tippy top of my suspicion list.

Well, my whole PM plan is now void, still not tell anyone what it was, but its gone. So I'm not to hung up on not having a PM.

Just a thought, should we be lynching inactives or at least placing votes one them to see if they are really inactive?

Arraenae, that post wasn't really that helpful, IMO. This is going to sound a bit agressive (maybe), so be warned. Anyway, that very thing just got discussed in the previous posts this cycle. So yeah. Also, I really don't like how a lot of our in thread discussion has been about PMs. As I mentioned before, lots of SE games don't have Uber Tin. And the village has won a lot of them. Consider the AG, which has never been won, where there is not any PM restriction until the Tineyes are all dead. (Everyone complaining about PMs can also just, you know, send one... It's not like you don't have power to change the situation a few clicks away.)

I was planning to post RP discussion, but couldn't figure out how to make it make sense within as RP, so I scrapped it and replaced it with a question. Writer's block is not fun.

Stink, you haven't discussed much right now. Care to speak?

Does anyone know what room Wonko was in Laos night? It might be useful to know that, in case someone knows of others in the same room.

I believe he was staying in room B2, because of the Bendalloy player there giving out free Actions. That's what he told me.

Well, my whole PM plan is now void, still not tell anyone what it was, but its gone. So I'm not to hung up on not having a PM.

Just a thought, should we be lynching inactives or at least placing votes one them to see if they are really inactive?

So the plan must have relied on Wonko then? I mean, there's still another Windwhisperer out there.

I don't think we should waste the whole Cycle poking inactives, SD. You could vote on an inactive if you want, but it's fairly easy to see if someone is really inactive, or just not posting very much. If we only voted on inactives, the Spiked would have no opportunity to slip up with their posts about lynch targets, since everyone would just be voting on inactive(s).

Oh, and Aman, I don't think you should reveal your Zinc friends name in the thread. You could tell me or Clanky, as we've been cleared by Wonko's death. I've been cleared because Wonko scanned a Seeker(Bronze Allomancy) as village who scanned me as non-Hemalurgic. I wasn't sure if I should reveal that info, but I see no reason not to at this point.

Do you mind saying something a little more... substantial?

EDIT: This is for Stink. I know you're spending a lot of time on the QF, but you're very clearly online right now. Could you spend a little more time on this LG?

Edited by Arraenae

Oh, and Aman, I don't think you should reveal your Zinc friends name in the thread. You could tell me or Clanky, as we've been cleared by Wonko's death. I've been cleared because Wonko scanned a Seeker(Bronze Allomancy) as village who scanned me as non-Hemalurgic. I wasn't sure if I should reveal that info, but I see no reason not to at this point.

He has revealed it to me nothing to worry about. 

Also I think that we should just start going with open PMs at this point. Operation Windwhisper gave us a good cleared group to work with and we shouldn't be wasting one of the strategies to find Spiked which can be done with PMs. So Arraenae I think you can just go PM to your hearts content if that's what you want.

I believe he was staying in room B2, because of the Bendalloy player there giving out free Actions. That's what he told me.

So the plan must have relied on Wonko then? I mean, there's still another Windwhisperer out there.

I don't think we should waste the whole Cycle poking inactives, SD. You could vote on an inactive if you want, but it's fairly easy to see if someone is really inactive, or just not posting very much. If we only voted on inactives, the Spiked would have no opportunity to slip up with their posts about lynch targets, since everyone would just be voting on inactive(s).

It could have... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Finally, there is some discussion going on, except I would like to know why you would vote for me other than just that I was wondering if we were going to do an anti inactivity campaign. 

Do you mind saying something a little more... substantial?

EDIT: This is for Stink. I know you're spending a lot of time on the QF, but you're very clearly online right now. Could you spend a little more time on this LG?

Alright.

1. I love me some PMs. Absolutely love 'em. I mean, where else can one discuss stuff unrelated to SE in SE?

2. After waking up on the first day of the game, plan was put in for no-one to PM.

3. 'Eh'

4. Proceed to spend more time on the QF.

Also, if you didn't know by now, I hate trust groups :P You can ask various trust groups to verify, such as ones from LG14 and LG18, but there's probably some more. 

It could have... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Finally, there is some discussion going on, except I would like to know why you would vote for me other than just that I was wondering if we were going to do an anti inactivity campaign. 

So, was there even a plan at all?  :P I mean, if it's impossible to do now, why be secretive about it? Maybe you just made up a story about how you had a plan that needed PM's so you could get away with making a PM to avoid being scanned????

Because you've been acting very Spikey, that's why! Confess you Hemalurgically charged metal infested creature!!!

Edit: I don't know why "trust groups" get such a bad rep. Sure, there's villagers working together with information that they won't tell you. But that doesn't mean you can't do what you usually would do. 

I do understand the lack of PM's being less fun though.  :( But I think I agree with Clanky in that players should just PM now. We've got a good group that Wonko cleared, and PM's can be very useful.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

So, was there even a plan at all?  :P I mean, if it's impossible to do now, why be secretive about it? Maybe you just made up a story about how you had a plan that needed PM's so you could get away with making a PM to avoid being scanned????

Because you've been acting very Spikey, that's why! Confess you Hemalurgically charged metal infested creature!!!

I can still do my plan, it just doesn't evolve PMs any more.

How many shines would you give me if i confessed?

Star Thief stared at Silas with puppy dog eyes. "Can I have another shiny, pretty please?" 

As Silas was accusing the small person, the little girls eyes began to shift, transforming into what appeared to be some puppies eyes! Silas ran away, screaming. It must be a Kandra!!!

Verre

"I don't think Kwon would mind if you took his, er, shines," Verre said. "Seeing as he offered to make you some before he died."

Verre sighed. With Kwon dead -- killed by a nail driven through his heart, according to gossip -- there was no one to supply people with metal. Verre still had five vials left, but once these were gone, she wouldn't be able to get any more.

Strange how the dead were just a number now, defined by the loss of their usefulness rather than the loss of a human life. It was easier to think of them that way.

Almost. Just almost.

Silas heard the child call out after him, asking about "shines." Assuming she meant money, and him not wanting to be followed, he emptied his pockets, calling back "They're yours! Just don't eat me!"

As he rounded a building, he slowed to a stop, trying to process what he'd just seen. Did I really just see that? Or was it just some trick of the light?

--------------------------------------

:P 

Anyways, on a more serious note. Um, I'm still very curious about your plan SD. First you say you need PM's to make a plan, then, once Wonko, a Windwhisperer dies, you say the plan won't work, so "nevermind, I actually don't need PM's," but now your saying you can still do your plan, but without PM's.

Lopen was first person contacted by wonko and after wonkos death i assume what he says will continue the plan. Because he assumes being cleared by wonkos trusted group. If it was clear lie, trust group can lynch him or kill silently.

If a trust group is out there which was formed by a death loyal villager shouldn't we listen what they are saying?

Lopen was first person contacted by wonko and after wonkos death i assume what he says will continue the plan. Because he assumes being cleared by wonkos trusted group. If it was clear lie, trust group can lynch him or kill silently.

If a trust group is out there which was formed by a death loyal villager shouldn't we listen what they are saying?

So what you're saying is that we should all listen to Lopen and do what he says?