Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

TY for your answers, Wonko.

For point #2, what's to stop it from getting the last 5 words said in a PM by a villager?

The fact that said Villager isn't in any PMs. That's kinda the whole theory behind Operation Windwhisper -- if Villagers keep out of PMs, a Feruchemical tin scan will always fail -- unless it targets an Eliminator.

EDIT: Or a kandra. They have a doc too.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Verre

I got Kwon to explain, and apparently feruchemical tin works differently than I thought it did (thanks P. Hatt, you were so helpful with your misinformation). Operation Windwhisper is a better plan than I thought.

I'm open to it, but I really want to start talking to people soon. This open discussion thing is getting old...

There's a nameless, stinky man (Stink) off in the distance that keeps on ranting about bringing down the Final Empire. Maybe he's the killer? He hasn't contributed much to the discussion.

It's a meaningless gesture, but Rae, Mark.

Leaving the vote the way it is would be begging for manipulation. I'm not saying it's the wrong choice -- manipulation can reveal a lot of information. But we should consider what we're doing.

A lady walked into the town square, dressed in a gold outfit that drew the attention of every passerby. Or would have, if there had been any.

“Where are all the townspeople?” she asked her guide. “It’s the middle of the day, and I don’t see anyone around.”

“I believe they’re all asleep, Lady Laurelin,” answered the guide. “Last night was not an easy night for anyone. Did you hear? A man was found murdered, just yesterday. Spike right through his heart.”

“How horrible!” she exclaimed. “Has the murderer been brought to justice?”

“We think so. Edrab Leah. Millie, our Sheriff, sacrificed her life to bring him down. But... there may have been more. We don’t know yet.”

Lady Laurelin shook her head. “That’s terrifying. The thought of someone murdering me in my own bed! Particularly for something as base as stealing my powers.” Her guide’s eyes flashed with interest, but he wasn’t imprudent enough to ask. “Is there nothing to be done?”

“Perhaps tonight, someone will find something out. But no one’s sure what to do or who to trust, as yet, so everyone’s conserving their strength for the night.”

She raised her chin. “Then I shall, as well, and perhaps these horrible monsters can yet be caught. Let us get to the inn, then. I shall need a nap if I’m going to be up all night.”

No one was lynched!

Vote Count:

Wonko the Sane(Kwon): 1; Mark IV

Amanuensis(Siaron the Scorned): 1; Master Elodin

Master Elodin(Alexandra Rotec): 0; TheMightyLopen

Mark IV(Myte): 0; Wonko the Sane, Kynedath

irulelikeSTINK: 1; Arraenae

Araris Valerian(ArSel): 0; Amanuensis, TheSilverDragon

Danosaur: 1; Araris Valerian

Night 2 has begun! You have 24 hours to send in your actions. Late actions will not be accepted.

blu_1459731600.png

Player List

1. Haelbarde- Edrab Leah, a twitchy man who is constantly looking up... Spiked Nicrosil/Nicrosil

2. Master Elodin- Alexandra Rotec, a mysterious person about whom nothing is known...

3. TheSilverDragon- Star Thief, a small shiny robber who excels at muggings...

4. Wonko the Sane- Kwon, a very suspicious metallurgist...

5. Mailliw73- Millie the sheriff, who has been strangely off lately...Loyal Steel/Nicrosil

6. Clanky- Cylkan the lamplighter, who seems to have too many luxuries for his salary...

7. Mark IV- Myte the "aluminum gnat" who was last seen dodging a bullet- literally...

8. Arraenae- Kae and Verre, neither of whom is a Steel Inquisitor- or so they claim...

9. Kynedath- Sumath Caelum, an unknown reaching for the sky...

10. DeathClutch19- Eren Jaeger, a drunkard who claims to be sober...

11. Amanuensis- Siaron the Scorned, the only person here who calls themself a bastard...

12. Burnt Spaghetti- Jala Ghetti, a secretive woman who only wears purple...

13. IrulelikeSTINK- a "skaa" with no name, who thinks he's opposing the Final Empire (little does he know that he really is)

14. TheMightyLopen- Silas, the only person here who isn't suspicious at all, which makes him even more so...

15. Araris Valerian- ArSel, who claims that he got his name from his parents yet can't remember theirs...

16. yafeshan- a cookie monster who claims to be inexperienced…

17. Danosaur- a purple… non-dinosaur

Edited by Elbereth

Verre

Hopefully I've been scanned, Verre wrote. I've never realized how much I like my private conversations with others until now.

Two people, Kwon and Sumath Caelum, wanted Myte dead, but it didn't make any effect. Were they too sleepy for their arguments to have an effect, or was this a cast of emotional manipulation?

Oh, I was definitely sleepy. I said as much before. I can't say anything for Kyne, but emotional Allomancy seems a little pointless there. The only reason for it I can see is if someone thought I was bluffing about not having slept.

So I have the Honour of being able to tell all you fine folks some exciting news tonight!  Operation WindwhisperTM is officially a go. I have been told that I was scanned last night by a Feruchemical tin player. So also that means anyone who wants to send me a PM can.

Verre

Siaron says that I'm a spiked, soulless murderer.

What in the name of Kelsier is he on? I don't get how I'm supposed to be an Inquisitor -- I think I'd have noticed if I had spikes for eyes and was hearing voices. And Kae would have noticed too.

I'm not even going to dignify that accusation with a response.

Sorry, Verre doesn't react well to people calling her spiked. Reasons please?