Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

So I have some info that I have derived from some math that might change some of our plans. It's about the distribution of powers.

I counted up the amount of allomantic and feruchemical powers available in this game, and came up with the number 35. There are 18 allomantic powers and 17 feruchemical (Malatium is missing from the feruchemical side). There are 16 players in this game.

If we are assuming that every player has one allomantic and one feruchemical anility, and they all have a different allomantic and feruchemical ability, then that means that there are 3 abilities still not in the game. At least until someone is spiked.

But we also have to take the kandra into account. They do not start with allomantic or feruchemical abilities. Instead, they start with blessings. Since there are 16 players, I am going to assume that there are 3 kandra and 3 eliminators.

That would mean that there are 3 less players with allomantic or feruchemical powers, making the total players with abilities 13. Each player has 2 powers, making 26 powers total. that means that there are 9 abilities not in play at the beginning of the game.

There is a 9/35 chance that a power isn't in the game right now.

So we can't guarantee the powers that we are discussing are even in existence at this point.

Go math!

@Maill: Yes. I actually already revealed that. I came up with the idea for Operation Windwhisper almost immediately after starting that PM, which, I know, makes me look very guilty. There's nothing to be done for it, unfortunately.

@Kynedath: Kandra do have powers. It doesn't match up with the way it works in the books, but they do. Last go round, I was a kandra with Allomantic iron, Feruchemical chromium, and the Blessing of Presence.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

And yeah, I have been worrying over which powers are in the game, something I never bothered with when we had so many more players. If we don't have a tin ferring, no one will be confirmed next turn, and we can start making PMs as usual.

Shoot. I thought I had read everything and didn't find it. Sorry guys. Trying to be helpful and instead being useless.

I'm pretty sure that detail isn't actually in the rules, but neither was it in the rules last game, and the Kandra, as Wonko said, were Twinborn. Mistwraith that become Kandra, however, don't get powers - I was a mistwraith who became Kandra last game, thanks to Wonko(!), but all I had was my blessing. 

That's how it worked, but they also show up in scans as spiked, so that kinda stinks for them.

Seekers and enhanced emotional allomancy see them as hemalurgic, but zinc ferrings show them as kandra, not as Spiked.

Operation Windwhisper will show a doc, though, so it unfortunately can't distinguish between the two.

Two Bodies and a Head*

The stars shone high and clear upon a figure sneaking down a sidewalk, wearing a thin steel chain around their neck. They stopped at a nondescript door and quietly entered.

Inside. Up the stairs.

A large room. A high-backed chair, facing away. Deja vu. : P

Edrab spoke from behind the chair, sounding very different from the nervous man he usually was. “Have you brought it?”

“If by ‘it’ you mean your death...”

Edrab started up from his chair. “What? Why are you here?”

“I want your head.”

Edrab paused, then raised an eyebrow. “Really.” He took a few steps forward, hands clasped behind his back, until they were standing just as if they were having a normal, non-murderous conversation. “Well, you may not get my head, but you might just get my mind.”

The other drew a sword, but Edrab was faster. He reached out with one hand to touch Millie’s shoulder, and the other to reveal the Invested spike he’d been hiding and stab her.

Millie felt all of her steel burn at once, brighter and hotter than she’d ever felt. Her sword went flying across the room, and her belt buckle. And the studs on the chair. And the nails in the floor.

And the steel girders in the walls.

And one other little thing: the chain around her neck.

It snapped at the weakest part, where it attached to itself in the back, and went flying forward with such speed that it didn’t even stop when it reached Edrab’s neck. His head was severed instantly. But his body continued on, although it could no longer aim, and the spike stabbed Millie through the heart.

In moments, all that was left were two cooling bodies and a head in a collapsed pile of utter rubble.

Then, movement. Out of the rubble, a hand emerged.

And picked up the head.

Haelbarde died! He was a Spiked Nicrosil Compounder!

Mailliw73 died! He was a Steel/Nicrosil Twinborn!

Day 1 has begun! You have 48 hours to discuss and lynch someone.

From now on, no more actions will be accepted after the first 24 hours of the night is over.

bla_1459645200.png

Player List

1. Haelbarde- Edrab Leah, a twitchy man who is constantly looking up... Spiked Nicrosil/Nicrosil

2. Master Elodin- Alexandra Rotec, a mysterious person about whom nothing is known...
3. TheSilverDragon- Star Thief, a small shiny robber who excels at muggings...
4. Wonko the Sane- Kwon, a very suspicious metallurgist...
5. Mailliw73- Millie the sheriff, who has been strangely off lately...Twinborn Steel/Nicrosil

6. Clanky- Cylkan the lamplighter, who seems to have too many luxuries for his salary...
7. Mark IV- Myte the "aluminum gnat" who was last seen dodging a bullet- literally...
8. Arraenae- Kae and Verre, neither of whom is a Steel Inquisitor- or so they claim...
9. Kynedath- Sumath Caelum, an unknown reaching for the sky...
10. DeathClutch19- Eren Jaeger, a drunkard who claims to be sober...
11. Amanuensis- Siaron the Scorned, the only person here who calls themself a bastard...
12. Burnt Spaghetti- Jala Ghetti, a secretive woman who only wears purple...
13. IrulelikeSTINK- a "skaa" with no name, who thinks he's opposing the Final Empire (little does he know that he really is)
14. TheMightyLopen- Silas, the only person here who isn't suspicious at all, which makes him even more so...
15. Araris Valerian- ArSel, who claims that he got his name from his parents yet can't remember theirs...
16. yafeshan- a cookie monster who claims to be inexperienced…

17. Danosaur- a purple… non-dinosaur

Note for clarification: No buildings actually collapsed on the map. We are not sorry for any confusion, because confusion is fun.

If you did not receive a PM, we've got a problem.

One item was found.

Edited by phattemer

Hal wasn't quick enough. It was his job, ever since bearing Odium, to watch over any of the Heatherlocke clan that went bad. Edrab was one such member. He'd only just heard that events of significance were occurring. He'd come as quickly as he could. But it wasn't enough. He arrived to see him die, and then the building fall on the killer. It amused him to note that the assailant was of the tribe of the previous bearer of Odium, and his somewhat ally while holding Odium. He reached down, taking the head of Edrab. Other were hunting for he knew. At least he would prevent it being descerated. With nothing left for him here, the world lurched as he worldhopped away.

Stupid vigilanties...

Edited by Haelbarde