Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

I'm still suspicious of Wonko.

Sure, you thought of the plan right after you contacted Lopen. What a nice cover up for not getting yourself scanned while earning trust. I know there's nothing you can do to get this vote off, but I'm keeping it there until someone else seems more suspicious.

Also, for the windwhisperer plan, just tell me when I should reveal my location. I'd like to do it not a moment too soon.

A Windwhisper can target anyone one the map; Operation Windwhisper doesn't need your location. The only reason you would need to reveal it is if you think we should go along with Rae's plan of constant location updates.

Ok.

I'm speaking. 

Don't know what you wanted me to say. So, Hi. How are you? 

People never let me D1 lurk in peace....

Anyways, currently, I just want to know if I'm free to pm and who I can pm. And meanwhile, I'll continue eating crackers and dip (french onion) while playing a game.

Oh, and I didn't move locations at all. And currently have no pm's.

I'd say hold off on PM'ing for now. IF we decide to go with my idea about selecting a group of players who will not PM so that they can be scanned(totally would take volunteers! Mark, you want to get scanned? That'd be cool), you may be able to PM soon. It also depends on the GM's ruling about whether GM PM's will count for this plan or not. (Sorry if I'm being annoying, this is just really important.) I'd rather PM's weren't shut down like this if there's no reason for them to be. I also don't like that PM's are shut down like this. Hence, my plan about a scanning group. I know that Araris rarely uses PM's, so I don't think he'd mind being a part of the group. Mark seems to want to be scanned, so I don't think he minds.

I'm still suspicious of Wonko.

Sure, you thought of the plan right after you contacted Lopen. What a nice cover up for not getting yourself scanned while earning trust. I know there's nothing you can do to get this vote off, but I'm keeping it there until someone else seems more suspicious.

Also, for the windwhisperer plan, just tell me when I should reveal my location. I'd like to do it not a moment too soon.

Mark, while he is now exempt from the plan, I still don't see that as overly suspicious. His plan can allow for trusted groups to form and start working together. That's valuable. So yeah, I wish he hadn't started the PM, but I still see it as a point in his favor that he suggested the plan at all(something an eliminator wouldn't have much reason to do).

A Windwhisper can target anyone one the map; Operation Windwhisper doesn't need your location. The only reason you would need to reveal it is if you think we should go along with Rae's plan of constant location updates.

Oh, ok. Fine then. I'm all okay for this plan.

Mark, while he is now exempt from the plan, I still don't see that as overly suspicious. His plan can allow for trusted groups to form and start working together. That's valuable. So yeah, I wish he hadn't started the PM, but I still see it as a point in his favor that he suggested the plan at all(something an eliminator wouldn't have much reason to do).

The way I see it is Wonko is saying "hey guys! Here's a plan to find the bad guys. You can do it on anyone except me and lopen. Go crazy with it." (he didn't know about other people in PMs)

Sure, it must have been bad timing, but I'm just keeping that vote there, because it seems more than that to me. If I'm proven wrong, good for us. We'll have a good player on our side.

But, if he is bad, I'd say you'd be soft cleared, Lopen.

EDIT: I have been waiting to be scanned. So, sure! I'd volunteer!

Edited by Mark IV

Wonko has a good plan to pinpoint dangerous people.

However, scanning enough people will take time, and in this time most villagers will not be able to communicate by pm. This is a great disadvantage. I am new in this, rule does not say windwhispers can target multiple people at the same time. If that's the case scanning can take many nights.

There is also another scary possibility, wonko can be a spiked and they have this windwhisperer, they may be using this plan to limit villager interaction and find kandra. I want to believe this is not the case we have here.

I'd say hold off on PM'ing for now. IF we decide to go with my idea about selecting a group of players who will not PM so that they can be scanned(totally would take volunteers! Mark, you want to get scanned? That'd be cool)

I volunteer as tribute!

I can't believe that I just made that reference.

Edited by Kynedath

I'd say hold off on PM'ing for now. IF we decide to go with my idea about selecting a group of players who will not PM so that they can be scanned(totally would take volunteers! Mark, you want to get scanned? That'd be cool), you may be able to PM soon. It also depends on the GM's ruling about whether GM PM's will count for this plan or not. (Sorry if I'm being annoying, this is just really important.) I'd rather PM's weren't shut down like this if there's no reason for them to be. I also don't like that PM's are shut down like this. Hence, my plan about a scanning group. I know that Araris rarely uses PM's, so I don't think he'd mind being a part of the group. Mark seems to want to be scanned, so I don't think he minds.

I don't mind being scanned either. May as well get it out of the way sooner than later so i don't have to worry about not pming later on. I value my pm's greatly.

Also, I don't think I've every actually been scanned early on in a game (and i'm pretty sure LG18 was the first time i'd even been scanned). You guys always do it when it's a tad too late :P 

I volunteer as tribute!

I can't believe that I just made that reference.

I can. I was honestly considering making that reference myself, and then you made it :P

But the thing is, I hate that book/movie. I hate it soooooo much. I am not 100% certain but maybe this link will help you understand my hatred.

Also, Burnt, look at the ratio between reputation and posts between you and me. I think that this s saying something.

Edited by Kynedath

Ah. Ok. I guess that makes sense.

It says that you post a lot more than me. And that apparently art and parodies get more upvotes than rp, which is odd, cause i think that sometimes, rp takes more effort. I certainly think it does. Parodies take barely any effort- most of the works been done for you, whereas, rp is purely you. Hrm.

Well I've looked through all of Hael's posts and sadly he did not interact with anyone else in a telling way. The only thing game related that he commented on was support of my suggestion that we should spread people out. Even though a known Spiked agreed I still think that's one of the wisest things we can do.

For ya'lls reference, I managed to use four actions last night and in all of them were me burning my allomantic metal, which means I am 1/3rd of the way to becoming a Savant (4/12 to be exact). If the player with Allomantic Bendalloy is still in B2 I would appreciate it if you stuck around to hasten the process. Otherwise becoming a Savant will take until D4. Trust me when I say the village will want to get me there sooner rather than later. That being said, it might not be worth you risking your life. It's up to you to decide. If you've already PM'd someone, feel free to send me a message and claim if you want to know what my Allomantic power is. I have my own way to confirm myself so I'm not too worried about Operation Windwhisper.

B3 was blocked, eh? Most likely that's because the Spiked didn't want me getting to a room alone with a Tineye. They must have not been on to change their orders after I announced I wouldn't be moving out of B2, then. That or they thought I was bluffing. Hmm

Edited by Amanuensis

Hey guys, I don't have tons of time today, and should probably be doing homework right now, but I think that we should go for a Day 1 lynch this game, and I have a good reason for it that I will probably share at a later time. This is still a Mafia game though (even though cool powers and savantism are awesome), and the best way for us to win and bypass any OP item effects is through the lynch.

To that effect, I will vote on Amanuensis. I find it suspicious that you are so open about aiming for becoming a savant. I personally don't think that sacrificing your vote for (probably) 4 turns and your ability to look for items and making your location obvious to the rest of us is really a good idea at all. Now, one thing that you can do is place a vote, which will be useful so that we can confirm you at least didn't sleep, although that would be kind of a silly lie to tell.

Maybe I'll be back on tonight, but I doubt it.

Edited by Araris Valerian

Feruchemical tin will remain as is for now and until we say anything different.

We've changed our mind. Feruchemical tin is severely underpowered as of right now compared to the other fPowers. From now on, Feruchemical tin will show a user what everyone in the same room as them said, as well as to whom it was. If it was in a doc, it will show as being to multiple people. Nah, not really. What day is today?

Edited by phattemer

Verre

Millie's dead. Edrab's dead too, but he was a murderer and deserved to die, so it's not as bad. Apparently he had some metal spikes stuck through him, like the Steel Inquisitors of the past. Kae thinks that there's more of them here. He keeps on going to these discussion meetings to find the killer, and constantly natters on about some Tyrian Falls or other.

It's not like he has anything else to do. He still doesn't have a job, and we've just been evicted. Turns out that last month we didn't pay, and that used up our deposit, so the rusting landlord kicked us out this month. So now Kae and I are out on the streets with some homicidal Inquisitor copycats. Lovely.

The landlord burned most of the things we left in our rooms. I had to rescue this thing from a firepit, and it's still partially burnt. Kae's journal completely burnt up, so he's trying to find some paper. Needs it for his discussion.

Everybody else is so worked up about the murders. ArSel says that Siaron did it, Siaron says that ArSel did it, and it's pretty much a mess right now.

I think Kwon did it. His "plan" has so many holes in it that if it was a boat, it wouldn't make it out of the docks before sinking in the canal. Yeah, a windwhisper could listen in on people as they talk, but the murderer could just stay silent, or hold a private conversation with the other murders instead of having a big group meeting. And the only way we know that a windwhisper was listening would be if someone said that a windwhisper eavesdropped on them! Self regulation, much?

Well, have to go now. Will finish putting down my thoughts later.

Happy April Fool's day! In celebration of this day, Kae will be gone for at least the next 24 hours.

What I said above about Kwon's plan is talking about circumstances before the feruchemical tin rule change. It's a better plan now, but at the time could be circumvented in many ways.

We've changed our mind. Feruchemical tin is severely underpowered as of right now compared to the other fPowers. From now on, Feruchemical tin will show a user what everyone in the same room as them said, as well as to whom it was. If it was in a doc, it will show as being to multiple people. Nah, not really. What day is today?

What does this do for Operation Windwhisper???

Like I said in QF14, gotta go for now!

Verre

My employer just ran out of town.

Rust and Ruin, why is everbody here convinced that the world is ending? Three deaths does not a massacre make.

I have nothing better to do, so I went to the discussion and listen. I don't understand how Siaron is suspicious for wanting to become a savant. It's not like he's irrepairably ripping up his soul, right?

Edited by Definitely Not Rae

What does this do for Operation Windwhisper???

Like I said in QF14, gotta go for now!

It's a hindrance for the original plan, as Windwhispers are no longer able to target people in other locations. However, it allows for a new one which is far more efficient. If we swing this right, every single player who hasn't sent a PM could be scanned at once tonight. we just need everyone to get into the same room by the end of the night, then the Windwhisper will use their last action to perform a mass scan.

I vote for B2, because we can take advantage of the Bendalloy misting there. Anonymous Slider, will you please burn Bendalloy again tonight?

@GMs: 

Is this an actual gameplay change or an April Fools day joke?