Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

Kae

"Do you think Star Thief could be an Inquisitor?" Kae asked. "I haven't seen them around here for a while. I know they're probably taking advantage of all this confusion to mug a few people, but it's also possible that they're the one who's been murdering people."

"Might be easier to kill someone than to leave them alive if you want to steal stuff," Verre called out.

"I just want to make sure Star Thief is still here," Kae said. "Apparently calling for people's deaths was a good way to get them to speak in Tyrian Falls. That's why I want to know if Star Thief is still in the city. They might have already left this place, or maybe they escaped the moment they heard about the second set of murders."

A small girl quietly dropped from a ledge above the girl and the boy and landed lightly on her feet. She then sneakily walked up to Kae to surprise him, but it was ruied my a couple of shiny coins falling out of her pocket.

"Were you talking about me?" Star Thief asked, as a small white cat jumped down on top of Star's head. "Because if you were, I didn't steel anything. Nope, not me." The small girl laced her hands together in front of her,and struck the cutest, 'innocent' face ever. 

I'm gonna vote for Danosaur, because he never responded to me last cycle and has yet to post this cycle. There are only so many of us, and while I understand that we already found an eliminator, that just forces the eliminators to have to protect themselves more if one of them comes up in a lynch. In the worst case, I say that this cycle we should at least lynch an inactive player, since if there are any eliminators among those then this game could really drag on.

A small girl quietly dropped from a ledge above the girl and the boy and landed lightly on her feet. She then sneakily walked up to Kae to surprise him, but it was ruied my a couple of shiny coins falling out of her pocket.

"Were you talking about me?" Star Thief asked, as a small white cat jumped down on top of Star's head. "Because if you were, I didn't steel anything. Nope, not me." The small girl laced her hands together in front of her,and struck the cutest, 'innocent' face ever.

Jala, still standing by Kae, was surprised when the girl turned up. well theres a coincidence. Mention her and- wait a second... Jalas face suddenly lit up with a massive grin, "!!!!!!!!! You have a cat!!!! That's adorable!!!! Can I pat it? Pleeease?!" At this point, Jala didn't care if this Star thief was up to no good or not. She and her cat were rusting adorable! Although, Kae was the one to win over, not Jala, but she didn't really care. There was a cat on the kids head. In her opinion, that was awesome. "Kae, she has a cat on her head!"

So basically that would be my reaction if I ever saw someone with a cat on their head :ph34r:

Jala, still standing by Kae, was surprised when the girl turned up. well theres a coincidence. Mention her and- wait a second... Jalas face suddenly lit up with a massive grin, "!!!!!!!!! You have a cat!!!! That's adorable!!!! Can I pat it? Pleeease?!" At this point, Jala didn't care if this Star thief was up to no good or not. She and her cat were rusting adorable! Although, Kae was the one to win over, not Jala, but she didn't really care. There was a cat on the kids head. In her opinion, that was awesome. "Kae, she has a cat on her head!"

So basically that would be my reaction if I ever saw someone with a cat on their head :ph34r:

Star Thief was suddenly assulted by a crazy girl, who was obsessing with her cat.

"!!!!!!!! You have a cat!!!! That's adorable!!!! Can I pat it? Pleeease?!"

Star Thief physicaly reeled back from the onslaught of questions. "Um, yes?" She hesitantly answered. "Her name is Moonlight" and Star Thief slowly took her cat off of her head, and slowly lifted it up to Jala

Guys, can we kill someone this cycle? For starters, this is SE, the whole point of which is to ruthlessly kill as many people as you can in an effort to find the eliminators. And since we all know our own alignments, lets lynch an inactive, who wouldn't be any of us here discussing the lynch. At this point, I would wait till the end of the cycle and then switch my vote to kill somebody, but there isn't even a second vote for me to stack on...

And the fact that nobody has been supporting me makes me think that possibly there is an inactive eliminator, since otherwise this is just an extra kill for them.

Kae

"Were you talking about me?" Star Thief asked, as a small white cat jumped down on top of Star's head. "Because if you were, I didn't steal anything. Nope, not me." The small girl laced her hands together in front of her, and looked at Kae with puppy eyes, as if that would convince him of her innocence. Unfortunately for Star Thief, Kae had a sister and was immune to puppy eyes.

"!!!!!!!!! You have a cat!!!! That's adorable!!!! Can I pat it? Pleeease?!" Jala rushed towards Star Thief and ogled the white cat.  "Kae, she has a cat on her head!"

Star Thief leaned backwards, away from Jala. "Um, yes?" She answered. "Her name is Moonlight." Star Thief lifted the cat off her head and offered it to Jala.

"Jala, maybe you should give Star Thief a little bit of space," Kae said. "Star Thief, it's strange that you have nothing to discuss, but the moment I say that you should be lynched, you appear to announce your presence, but you don't do anything else."

"Kitty!" Someone called. Kae turned and saw Verre running towards the white cat. "Kae, can I pet it?"

Kae sighed. "I don't know what appeal you and Jala see in that cat, but sure."

"I don't know what appeal you and Jala see in that cat, but sure." Kae had stated with a sigh after Verre joined Jala with the cat obsessing.

Jala paused her patting, "Oh come on Kae. Moonlight's the cutest thing! She's so soft and adorable! How can you not like that?"

Well, araris, for me personally, I didn't sleep so there's little point me supporting you there. It's possible thata number of the players who may normally vote didn't sleep either, idk. I do agree that we do need to start lynching people, and shouldn't keep not lynching, though I guess people are waiting to get more info or something? I don't know, im theorizing on the spot.I

Sorry, I don't have a good enough handle on things right now to put someone forward for the lynch(my vote WILL count). I suppose it wouldn't matter too much if we lynched Danosaur, since he's inactive. I don't really have any big suspicions at this point, or, well, any little ones either. I'll need to read through things to see what I think about our current situation, as well as put together that player list reactions to Operation Windwhisper that I said I was gonna do but completely forgot about until just now...

From my notes about players reactions, I had Araris and STINK as the most suspicious, but it's not much suspicion, because they weren't around when the discussion was really focused on it I don't think. Again though, I'll read back through it and get back with you soon(hopefully). I also had SD and Danosaur as neutralish becuase I don't think they were active early on, and so I'm not sure if they ever commented on it when I was doing my notes.

I might vote on Danosaur, but let me check on his online times/posts first, and then I'll decide.

Edit: Well, he was online yesterday, about 30 hours ago or so, but he hasn't posted in about a week. Hm.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Kae

"Were you talking about me?" Star Thief asked, as a small white cat jumped down on top of Star's head. "Because if you were, I didn't steal anything. Nope, not me." The small girl laced her hands together in front of her, and looked at Kae with puppy eyes, as if that would convince him of her innocence. Unfortunately for Star Thief, Kae had a sister and was immune to puppy eyes.

"!!!!!!!!! You have a cat!!!! That's adorable!!!! Can I pat it? Pleeease?!" Jala rushed towards Star Thief and ogled the white cat.  "Kae, she has a cat on her head!"

Star Thief leaned backwards, away from Jala. "Um, yes?" She answered. "Her name is Moonlight." Star Thief lifted the cat off her head and offered it to Jala.

"Jala, maybe you should give Star Thief a little bit of space," Kae said. "Star Thief, it's strange that you have nothing to discuss, but the moment I say that you should be lynched, you appear to announce your presence, but you don't do anything else."

"Kitty!" Someone called. Kae turned and saw Verre running towards the white cat. "Kae, can I pet it?"

Kae sighed. "I don't know what appeal you and Jala see in that cat, but sure."

Star Thief stood there bewildered at first as everyone assaulted her to get to her cat. Moonlight was an amazing cat, and everyone should be crowding around her to see the cat, but what Star Thief didn't understand is why just being around when someone mentioned you was such a bad thing. It wasn't like she was going to murder them or anything, just acquire some of their more shiny possessions. 

Well, araris, for me personally, I didn't sleep so there's little point me supporting you there. It's possible thata number of the players who may normally vote didn't sleep either, idk. I do agree that we do need to start lynching people, and shouldn't keep not lynching, though I guess people are waiting to get more info or something? I don't know, im theorizing on the spot.I

Yes, I agree that we need to start voting, but I just like shines too much. Yes, I have been searching for items non stop since moving to my new room. I have found one, but I am not willing to share what I found in such an open environment. If I could pm, I would say to PM me and I might reveal what I found, but everyone is against private conversations right now, which I think is a horrible idea. Some things need to be said in Private and not in the forum. 

Ninjad

Reminder: Feruchemical tin shows 5 words per charge tapped of a PM/doc the target has access to. It does not necessarily show what the target said.

This is just another reason why everyone should agree that I should be able to PM people. 

Edited by TheSilverDragon

Laurelin sat in her room, worrying. Tilion had come in several times, asking if she wanted to go to the marketplace, but she shooed him away every time, nervous that it would be a trap to catch her.

There was another knock.

“Come in,” she called somewhat crossly.

Tilion entered. “Are you sure you don’t want to go to the market, my lady? I’m sure it would be fascinating to you.”

“Tilion, you asked that to me ten minutes ago. Why do you want me to go to the market so badly?”

He shifted, looking down. Great. He does think I’m a murderer.

Finally he spoke. “I- I have some things that I need to tell the town leader. But I can’t desert my charge, when you might be needing things. Lady, won’t you please come to the market?”

“No. I won’t. As I’ve said, I am extremely tired from travel, and the market seems no more interesting than the quietness of yesterday. Is this matter so urgent that it must be told today?”

He shifted, looking away. “I- Well, yes, kind of.”

She raised an eyebrow. “Kind of?” She couldn’t put off being accused of murder, but she would delay it as long as possible.

“Yes,” he said more firmly. “It’s really important.”

“Hmm. Well, then, I simply must go with you to this town leader. I’m interested in meeting him, anyway. And I’ll be interested to hear what’s so important that you must act in this most improper way towards a lady.”

He gasped. “No, m’lady, please! You go to the marketplace, and I’ll confer with the town leader. You don’t need to know about it. It’s boring, business stuff.”

“That doesn’t sound very urgent at all.”

“But-”

“No, Tilion. We are not going, and that is final.”

He slumped. “Very well, my lady.” He slowly walked back into his room and closed the door.

She stared worriedly after him, wondering if she should have insisted on going with him. He could sneak off now, with her none the wiser.

Then she heard a loud squeeeeaaak, and she remembered something about Tilion’s door. Specifically, that it wasn’t oiled.

She got up as quickly as was seemly, and opened the door to Tilion’s room. Her guide was standing in the doorway, frozen in embarrassment.

“Tilion?”

“Sorry, ma’am.”

“See that it doesn’t happen again.”

She smiled, closing the door. Well, that was a crisis averted for a day, at least. Hopefully she’d discover something during the night.

No one was lynched!

Vote Count:

Danosaur (1): ArSel(Araris Valerian)

TheSilverDragon(Star Thief) (0): Arrenae(Kae and Verre)

You have 24 hours to send in actions.

Player List:

1. Haelbarde- Edrab Leah, a twitchy man who is constantly looking up... Spiked Nicrosil/Nicrosil

2. Master Elodin- Alexandra Rotec, a mysterious person about whom nothing is known...

3. TheSilverDragon- Star Thief, a small shiny robber who excels at muggings...

4. Wonko the Sane- Kwon, a very suspicious metallurgist...

5. Mailliw73- Millie the sheriff, who has been strangely off lately...Loyal Steel/Nicrosil

6. Clanky- Cylkan the lamplighter, who seems to have too many luxuries for his salary...

7. Mark IV- Myte the "aluminum gnat" who was last seen dodging a bullet- literally...

8. Arraenae- Kae and Verre, neither of whom is a Steel Inquisitor- or so they claim...

9. Kynedath- Sumath Caelum, an unknown reaching for the sky… Loyal Tin/Electrum

10. DeathClutch19- Eren Jaeger, a drunkard who claims to be sober...

11. Amanuensis- Siaron the Scorned, the only person here who calls themself a bastard...

12. Burnt Spaghetti- Jala Ghetti, a secretive woman who only wears purple...

13. IrulelikeSTINK- a "skaa" with no name, who thinks he's opposing the Final Empire (little does he know that he really is)

14. TheMightyLopen- Silas, the only person here who isn't suspicious at all, which makes him even more so...

15. Araris Valerian- ArSel, who claims that he got his name from his parents yet can't remember theirs...

16. yafeshan- a cookie monster who claims to be inexperienced…

17. Danosaur- a purple… non-dinosaur

blu_1460077200.png

Edited by Elbereth

So, I'm going to open the discussion of why people should be able to PM.

First, and most importantly (perhaps), is that with out PMs, there really can't be collaborations between players who trust each other, therefor, reducing the usefulness of several powers, since most would only work in coordination with a grander scheme, such as blocking a street or something similar. 

Second, The Tin Fering can't scan that many people per night, on average, if they don't move, they can scan 1.5 players. This means that it would take a long time for everyone to be scanned, and by that time the Kandra and Spiked would have teemed up together to wipe us all out. 

A better use of operation Windwisper is to have a list of players who we think should be scanned, and a list of players who really don't need to be scanned, that way some people would be able to use PMs. 

Lopen and I have been saying the same thing since nearly Day 1. By all means, feel free to propose such a list. I have already said that I believe that Aman should be at the top of it, and Araris at the bottom.

Who else is still open to Operation Windwhisper?

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Kae

Jala paused and said, "Oh come on, Kae. Moonlight's the cutest thing! She's so soft and adorable! How can you not like that?"

"Kae lost interest in cute, fuzzy things when he went to Elendel University," Verre said. "He had to sell his soul to get in."

"I did not!" Kae said. "I just became more mature and responsible. That's what happens when you go to a university."

"Same thing," Verre said.

When Kae went to Elendel University, he had to sacrifice a lot of his free time and mostly abandoned Verre. She still hasn't forgotten.