Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

4 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

My parents specifically made sure that my brother and I wouldn't grow up believing in Santa. For as long as I can remember, I knew my parents bought the presents, wrapped them, and put them out under the tree each year. Same goes for the Tooth Fairy; when I lost a tooth, I'd take it right to my mom, who'd pay me for it. 

My sister, on the other hand, believed in Santa until she was seven or so. I don't know why she was different; maybe my parents just wanted an easy way to remind her to behave, or maybe it's because she's the youngest. No idea. Anyway, my mom would even have one of her brothers call my sister on the phone around Christmas and pretend to be Santa. She figured it out on her own after a few years. 

We've decided as parents to treat Santa like Mickey Mouse.  We talk about him, we enjoy the stories, even pretend to have presents from him maybe, but we'll never let our kids think he actually exists; he's a fictional character that's lots of fun.  Same with the tooth fairy and similar ideas.

jW

(The question is to why we get paid for teeth falling out in the first place?)

My parents are once again confusing autonomy with "selfish bad attitude". Thankfully they havent thrown the words at me this time but I did get "oh so you just want our money then do you?". <_<

And it's strange that my self confidence is down when I can't do anything by myself for myself without Parent Control hijacking the whole operation or insulting me when I resist?

Aaaaagggggghhhhh

Yeah I know theyre just trying to help but theyre doing it all wrong

Edit: So Mum just came in to measure my current screen and thankfully wasnt weird about me closing this window because awks. 

me: Can I please do the research?

Mum: Well then if you end up without that's not my problem.

*explod*

"We're just doing our own research why are you bringing independence into this."

Edited by Delightful

2 hours ago, Delightful said:

(The question is to why we get paid for teeth falling out in the first place?)

My parents are once again confusing autonomy with "selfish bad attitude". Thankfully they havent thrown the words at me this time but I did get "oh so you just want our money then do you?". <_<

And it's strange that my self confidence is down when I can't do anything by myself for myself without Parent Control hijacking the whole operation or insulting me when I resist?

Aaaaagggggghhhhh

Yeah I know theyre just trying to help but theyre doing it all wrong

Edit: So Mum just came in to measure my current screen and thankfully wasnt weird about me closing this window because awks. 

me: Can I please do the research?

Mum: Well then if you end up without that's not my problem.

*explod*

"We're just doing our own research why are you bringing independence into this."

Uh-oh. Your mom is pulling a Twimom. Get out of there, Delightful. Flee and don't look back. 

So... this may not exactly be bad news. Actually, this may be good news and that is the problem because I can't shake of the feeling that I made a terrible mistake, when I think I was supposed to feel the exactly opposite.

What happened? Well, I just... I can't believe I am writing this...

I just told my family I (think I) am bisexual. And I feel horrible about it because I feel I have accomplished nothing but making life harder in the near future.

And I am feeling so anxious, and I know they are talking about me but I don't know what they are saying, and I need a hug and I probably shouldn't be talking about this here, but I don't have anyone to talk with about this, and I just can't get calm on my own.

2 hours ago, DreamEternal said:

So... this may not exactly be bad news. Actually, this may be good news and that is the problem because I can't shake of the feeling that I made a terrible mistake, when I think I was supposed to feel the exactly opposite.

I just told my family I (think I) am bisexual. And I feel horrible about it because I feel I have accomplished nothing but making life harder in the near future.

And I am feeling so anxious, and I know they are talking about me but I don't know what they are saying, and I need a hug and I probably shouldn't be talking about this here, but I don't have anyone to talk with about this, and I just can't get calm on my own.

[hug]

You're still a wonderful person no matter what sexuality you are or believe you are.

2 hours ago, DreamEternal said:

*hugs*

I don't know your family, but whatever they say, there's nothing wrong with you and you shouldn't be ashamed or anything :)

11 hours ago, DreamEternal said:

Never apologize for this kind of thought. Getting stuff off your chest is always betetr than bottling it up, especially if it's worrying you.

(For the record, if you ever want to "vent" and don't want to do it on open forums, my PM box is always open)

As for your family...

To chime in with everyone else, I don't know anything about your family, so hopefully they aren't having a bad reaction to this. If they are, then... you have my sympathies, and I hope everything is okay. 

11 hours ago, DreamEternal said:

This thread is literally made for when you're anxious and need a hug from someone. 

*hugs* 

the only advice I can think to offer is that you should know that you're life is your life, not your parents life, or your siblings or anyone else's. You have a right to be whoever you are, and really, it doesn't matter what other people say because this isn't about them. It's about you. 

I hope that helps. 

*more hugs*

my PM box is also open for venting if you need somewhere relatively anonymous to express :) 

16 hours ago, DreamEternal said:

Adding my voice to the rest:  you are who you are.  Telling them didn't change anything, it just made them aware of who you are.  If they can't take that gracefully, then it reflects on them, not you.  And in the end, the only folks who should have any real stake in your sexuality are whatever partner(s) you wind up having relationships with.

1 hour ago, Oversleep said:

I interacted with a wasp nest. Accidentialy. I wish I hadn't.

Ouch. That sounds awful and very painful. At least it wasn't on purpose...  :/

I got a sunburn on my shoulders yesterday, which is probably the worst place I have had a sunburn.

I also got a random survey that I am technically not eligible for, which is kind of frustrating.

Preemptive bad day warning.

Couldn't sleep last night. I'm about to start a 12 hour shift, with a coworker I dislike, on two hours of rest.

The fact I already have a headache, and I'll be dealing with alarms all day, is just the icing on the cake at this point...

1 minute ago, Quiver said:

Preemptive bad day warning.

Couldn't sleep last night. I'm about to start a 12 hour shift, with a coworker I dislike, on two hours of rest.

The fact I already have a headache, and I'll be dealing with alarms all day, is just the icing on the cake at this point...

Oooh, that won't be fun. :wacko: 

Spoiler

Well, today didn't quite suck, but something kind of nerve-wracking happened. Basically, a patron brought a complaint to my supervisor, saying their family member had asked for my help and I had refused. This patron complained for a good while, some of it within earshot of me, while I wondered what was going on. 

Why? Because I don't remember helping this person. 

There's a better-than-average chance this patron is making the whole thing up, or exaggerating, or confusing me with someone else. This complaint was never brought to me at all; the patron went straight to my supervisor, who hasn't mentioned the incident to me. I expected to be called into his office, but I haven't been. Maybe it'll happen tomorrow, maybe not. 

I know that if there was a problem, it'd be addressed quickly. And I do my best to be friendly and polite to everyone. If I did "refuse" to help a patron, it was because I misunderstood the request and instead of clarifying what they meant, the patron decided to make a complaint. I have never once refused to help a patron. I've turned down requests that go against policy, but I've never refused to help someone. My supervisor knows this, and I know that if there was a problem, he'd say something to me. 

Yet I can't shake the feeling that this is all a massive head game, and it's going on my record, and at the end of my probationary period, I'll be jobless. I have to keep telling myself that not everyone plays head games, and I don't know if I'm believing it yet. :mellow: 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles My bet is that the patron is thinking of a different employee and is confused. It sounds like your supervisor is a reasonable person, so I'm inclined to think that whatever the patron's problem is and whatever really happened, he'll make sure and get your side of the story. Since you don't remember interacting with the complainer, I don't see how anyone could logically blame you if they're unhappy. Given what you've told us about your family life at home, your worries are 100% understandable, but I think in this case it's the brain weasels trying to undermine you. Don't let them win! *hugs*