Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

16 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Unless you weren't concentrating in class and you're cramming everything:

sleep will do you far far better than studying, particularly once you reach the point where the words are all meaningless and you won't remember any of it tomorrow anyway. Sleep solidifies memories and your memory will work better when you're well rested anyway. 

Normally I'd take that advice, but there are two problems. 
Problem 1: I'm making a reference sheet that I can take into the exam. I need to fit the last chapter or two onto it so I have that reference with me.
Problem 2: I wasn't paying enough attention in class. I used to, but it's the side effect of a mixture of 'lazy college senior' and a massive case of studying burnout. I haven't had a break longer than a long weekend since Christmas, and I spent that break a mixture of depressed and sick. 
So after 5 years of university with no breaks longer than 3 weeks, and about a year with no useable breaks longer than 4 days, I'm at the end of my tether. 

21 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Normally I'd take that advice, but there are two problems. 
Problem 1: I'm making a reference sheet that I can take into the exam. I need to fit the last chapter or two onto it so I have that reference with me.
Problem 2: I wasn't paying enough attention in class. I used to, but it's the side effect of a mixture of 'lazy college senior' and a massive case of studying burnout. I haven't had a break longer than a long weekend since Christmas, and I spent that break a mixture of depressed and sick. 
So after 5 years of university with no breaks longer than 3 weeks, and about a year with no useable breaks longer than 4 days, I'm at the end of my tether. 

In that case...good luck! Are these your finals exams? Do you get to breathe once they're over?

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

In that case...good luck! Are these your finals exams? Do you get to breathe once they're over?

Yes, and a little bit :)

They're the finals for this semester, so I'll have 2 and a half weeks. One of those weeks I'm volunteering at a camp, and I have to work a few days, but it'll be the first real break I'll have had in a very long time. 

3 minutes ago, Erunion said:

Yes, and a little bit :)

They're the finals for this semester, so I'll have 2 and a half weeks. One of those weeks I'm volunteering at a camp, and I have to work a few days, but it'll be the first real break I'll have had in a very long time. 

Yay! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! And then you can do fun stuff and/or talk to people/binge watch Netflix/ take over the world!

.....maybe not world domination. That sounds like work. 

2 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Yay! Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! And then you can do fun stuff and/or talk to people/binge watch Netflix/ take over the world!

.....maybe not world domination. That sounds like work. 

DUDE. World domination is the best. 

I just finished dominating the world as Byzantium, and am currently dominating the world as a formerly lost Scottish colony based in Ontario. Dominating the world is one of my favorite pastimes. 
(Specifically, I was/am playing the game EUIV, which is a pretty epic grand strategy game. I'm partial to grand strategy games. In fact, they're where I got my childhood love of history)

57 minutes ago, Erunion said:

DUDE. World domination is the best. 

I just finished dominating the world as Byzantium, and am currently dominating the world as a formerly lost Scottish colony based in Ontario. Dominating the world is one of my favorite pastimes. 
(Specifically, I was/am playing the game EUIV, which is a pretty epic grand strategy game. I'm partial to grand strategy games. In fact, they're where I got my childhood love of history)

Hahahahaha I misjudged you. 

Please accept this devious kitten in apology:

cute_kitten_with_bow_tie.jpg

Look at that face! It is so evil. 

Edited by Delightful
Image attachments grumble grumble

@Erunion: I've never heard about this game, but I just went and bought it on Steam. Finally Poland will become the proper Eurasian Empire, like it should've long ago. :D

As for bad day: I just had to pay aweful lots of money to the gardener fo cutting my hedge and grass, because I left them unattended for way way too long, and I was no longer able to do it myself. I am not even sure if they didn't overcharge me or not. I am not sure of anything. I'm angry with myself for being this way.

36 minutes ago, Pestis the Spider said:

@Erunion: I've never heard about this game, but I just went and bought it on Steam. Finally Poland will become the proper Eurasian Empire, like it should've long ago. :D

As for bad day: I just had to pay aweful lots of money to the gardener fo cutting my hedge and grass, because I left them unattended for way way too long, and I was no longer able to do it myself. I am not even sure if they didn't overcharge me or not. I am not sure of anything. I'm angry with myself for being this way.

Poland has been World Dominating since Civ V came out. Poland is incredibly strong, definitely my favorite civilization. 

55 minutes ago, Pestis the Spider said:

I've never heard about this game, but I just went and bought it on Steam. Finally Poland will become the proper Eurasian Empire, like it should've long ago.

"Poland from sea to the sea" :ph34r: (Forgive me such a bad translation)

Anyway, I'm trying to get my friends to agree on a single weekend so that I could finally throw a party (I'm trying to do that for two and half months now - I had birthday in the second half of June). Everyone has different timetables... I can't find a time when everyone is in the city and has all weekend free.
Why all weekend? I want to try a three day long party; usually when we meet up our parties last about 20-30 hours (of course we get some sleep, but once we're up we go back to board games, gaming or bridge or anything). For a long time I wanted to do one with two sleepovers, since I have enough space to get everybody a couch or a bed. And we could play RPG one day and do the usual stuff for the next two.

I start to think I won't be able to throw my birthday party at all...

15 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

"Poland from sea to the sea" :ph34r: (Forgive me such a bad translation)

Anyway, I'm trying to get my friends to agree on a single weekend so that I could finally throw a party (I'm trying to do that for two and half months now - I had birthday in the second half of June). Everyone has different timetables... I can't find a time when everyone is in the city and has all weekend free.
Why all weekend? I want to try a three day long party; usually when we meet up our parties last about 20-30 hours (of course we get some sleep, but once we're up we go back to board games, gaming or bridge or anything). For a long time I wanted to do one with two sleepovers, since I have enough space to get everybody a couch or a bed. And we could play RPG one day and do the usual stuff for the next two.

I start to think I won't be able to throw my birthday party at all...

Maybe lower your expectations. Do it for one day only, or do a drop-in two day affair in which people stay as long as they can, pop in and out around other commitments etc. your friends might just not all have time for such a huge party. 

6 hours ago, Delightful said:

Maybe lower your expectations. Do it for one day only, or do a drop-in two day affair in which people stay as long as they can, pop in and out around other commitments etc. your friends might just not all have time for such a huge party. 

I already did. I mean, it's the standard that people stay for the night and leave the next day; the thing about those 20-30 hour parties is because we never leave after breakfast, we always do more things and we find ourselves well into the day.

I'd absolutely settle for a standard Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday party, but it's just there is no date for that. That's the problem.
Usually if someone can go to Friday/Saturday there are good chances that Sunday is also free and if somebody can go to Saturday/Sunday there are good chances that their Friday is also free. The whole thing with the three day party is so that people could pop in at any of those three days, so that less people miss it. (Of course I would be thrilled if we all could do three days, but it's just not doable)

Yeah, now I see I phrased it wrong in the previous post. The point is not that it has to be three days long, the point is that it could just happen. But right now there is no date so that enough of my close friends could be there; those more distant - of course I'd want them to be there, but their absence is not a dealbreaker. But if most of the closest ones can't go, I just won't throw this party.

I was out getting some Sonic with some friends earlier. While waiting for the food, I noticed said friends smoking (we're all -8). Me being a very direct person who doesn't like seeing my friends knowingly poisoning/hurting themselves, I did something stupid. I tricked them into giving it to me. Then, I ground it out before anyone had a chance to stop me. I know that I probably didn't do anything except negatively impact our friendship, but I just can't stand people who sprinkle sugar over a bowel of crap and call it candy, and I have even less patience for those on the receiving end of said crap bowel.

2 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Southern California is either bone-dry or aflame. The Blue Cut Fire is raging miles away from my home, a blaze that's burnt over 80,000 acres and remains at 0 percent containment. People's houses and businesses are going up in smoke. Lives are being ruined.

On the "bright" side, the sky looks like the Final Empire...

Reveal hidden contents

WaSZOqg.jpg

Is that Calamity?

23 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm sorry. :( Is there another grass cutting job you can find in town?

You are amazing,  just need to tell you that. I've been looking through the thread, and you're always there with comforting words, bringing a bit of light. You're really awesome, stay cool.  :D