Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

At what point in the day did this happen? Unless it happened right near the end of the day, and your supervisor didn't have time to talk to you about it, then it probably won't be a serious problem, otherwise you would have been talked to, (or e-mailed), already. I don't think you would really end up jobless from a simple complaint. I'm sure it'll turn out all right.  There is no reassuring emoticon on here, but if there was, I would use it.

Edited by Renoux
Just saw Sunbird's post. He's probably right about the brain weasels.

9 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles My bet is that the patron is thinking of a different employee and is confused. It sounds like your supervisor is a reasonable person, so I'm inclined to think that whatever the patron's problem is and whatever really happened, he'll make sure and get your side of the story. Since you don't remember interacting with the complainer, I don't see how anyone could logically blame you if they're unhappy. Given what you've told us about your family life at home, your worries are 100% understandable, but I think in this case it's the brain weasels trying to undermine you. Don't let them win! *hugs*

Thanks. :) He hasn't asked for my side so far, so I keep telling myself that it's because he got the patron to calm down and doesn't think it's worth pursuing further. 

9 minutes ago, Renoux said:

At what point in the day did this happen? Unless it happened right near the end of the day, and your supervisor didn't have time to talk to you about it, then it probably won't be a serious problem, otherwise you would have been talked to, (or e-mailed), already. I don't think you would really end up jobless from a simple complaint. I'm sure it'll turn out all right.  There is no reassuring emoticon on here, but if there was, I would use it.

It happened this morning. Even if it had been a busy day—which it wasn't—there's a whole hour where I'm off the desk, shelving books or doing other tasks. So he could've talked to me then, or even as I was leaving for the day. I haven't gotten an email, either, so like you said, it seems like he doesn't seem to think it's serious. 

Still. Growing up with head games makes you expect them at every turn. :mellow: 

So sometimes when I can't get to sleep, I end up doing some mental math. 

Todays calculation: 953 days and counting since the onset of my constant pain. 953 days with no real rest or relief. 

September 26 will be 1000 days, and I have no reason to think it'll be any better by then.

Jan 1, 2017 will mark 3 years.

jW

13 hours ago, Jondesu said:

Todays calculation: 953 days and counting since the onset of my constant pain. 953 days with no real rest or relief. 

September 26 will be 1000 days, and I have no reason to think it'll be any better by then.

jW

That sucks, and I am sorry. :(

My sister went through something similar.  Pain, weird brainfogs, various other symptoms.  Doctors went through multiple theories:  CFIDS, MS, Parkinson's, Fibromyalgia...they were all tested and discarded.  Finally, just in the last year, she has an official diagnosis of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.  RUSTING FINALLY.

15 hours ago, Jondesu said:

jW

I'm so sorry! Do you have a diagnosis for it?

30 minutes ago, Renoux said:

I'm so sorry! Do you have a diagnosis for it?

Not really. Current running theory is three virus "coinfections" that my doctor knows causes fatigue, nerve sensitive, and chronic pain. Constant headaches aren't something he's seen with those before, though, so while we're treating the viruses, we aren't certain at all that will relieve the head pain. I have been on disability leave since January, so at least I no longer have to work through it (which left me suicidal at one point).

jW

20 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Not really. Current running theory is three virus "coinfections" that my doctor knows causes fatigue, nerve sensitive, and chronic pain. Constant headaches aren't something he's seen with those before, though, so while we're treating the viruses, we aren't certain at all that will relieve the head pain. I have been on disability leave since January, so at least I no longer have to work through it (which left me suicidal at one point).

jW

Can you get additional opinions?  Maybe try and find a patient advocacy group somewhere that will help you push harder for a proper diagnosis?  Sometimes it takes people who know how to navigate the system in order to get results.

1 hour ago, Kaymyth said:

Can you get additional opinions?  Maybe try and find a patient advocacy group somewhere that will help you push harder for a proper diagnosis?  Sometimes it takes people who know how to navigate the system in order to get results.

We've worked on it and still are. My doctor is being awesome, this part is just beyond his specialty, and we've been through several neurologists who haven't been as helpful. Tried to get into the Mayo Clinic too, but they have an insane wait list and wouldn't even add me to it (I have a connection through my Grandpa that might help there). Mostly I have just stopped trying myself, and my wife handles all the medical arrangements. I can't even think straight most of the time.

jW

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

I'm sick and tired of people just talking and being and expecting communication. But I'm also sad and lonely. What do I do?! 

Spoiler

If you really want other people to leave you alone, then just politely tell them you need some alone time, (this can be hard sometimes, especially if you're in a house with other people). I talk a lot, but sometimes I need time away from all the noise, and this can be hard, because people are used to me wanting to talk. It can be hard to really get alone time in a world full of instant communication, i.e. texting, phone calls, etc. But if people respect you, then a polite "not right now" can help when you want a break. Sometimes, the best thing you can do when you're lonely is find someone you really trust, and enjoy talking to, and spend time with them for a while. If you're going through a hard time, talking to someone removed from the situation can really help.

Spoiled for length. I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Delightful said:

I'm sick and tired of people just talking and being and expecting communication. But I'm also sad and lonely. What do I do?! 

Personally I find chatting through forums/steam chat/facebook chat/skype (text) or the like makes for a happy middle ground. Far less immediacy/pressure and you can really take the conversation at your own pace, but you are still interacting with others. Another option I find can work is playing an MMO or a multiplayer game with friends, but without any voice chat. Still being around/interacting with people in a way, but without the need for so much talking.

If you know someone else who is happy to just sit and read quietly in eachother's company that might work too. That's pretty dependent on who's around of course.

I am just having a really bad week. I was on a really fun vacation, and I had to come home early for upsetting reasons. Not gonna get into specifics, but I'm tired and sad, and am just feeling generally bad. :( Unfortunately, the sad emoji does not properly express my feelings. Bleh.

58 minutes ago, Elsecaller3414 said:

I keep waking up with really bad kidney pain, and sometimes it is so bad I can hardly breathe. I drink what water I can, but the problem isn't going away.

5 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Doctor, ASAP.

Yeah, this doesn't sound like something you should shrug off until it goes away. 

2 hours ago, Elsecaller3414 said:

I keep waking up with really bad kidney pain, and sometimes it is so bad I can hardly breathe. I drink what water I can, but the problem isn't going away.

1 hour ago, ThirdGen said:

Doctor, ASAP.

1 hour ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Yeah, this doesn't sound like something you should shrug off until it goes away. 

This sounds more serious than "Doctor ASAP". It's more like "Doctor right now". Right now as in "middle of the night right now".

24 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Whelp, without me there to boss around and criticize, it appears Twimom has taken to pressuring my younger sister to quit her job. Because, working security, it's dangerous and she sees naked people sometimes. 

If only I could convince my sister that she needs to get out of there ASAP. 

You know what else is dangerous? Love.

I may have had too many Red Bulls.

8 hours ago, Elsecaller3414 said:

Dude - this is a "show up at the door of the emergency department at 4AM" kind of symptom. If it's daytime, rush to see your GP ASAP. If you can't see him/her within a couple of hours, GO TO THE HOSPITAL.

Also: /careful of kidneys hug