You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

I understand, trying to not spoil is like..... avoiding the temptation to have a cookie, I'm actually lending out three books (WoK, Steel heart AND Mistborn)

you know you're a sanderfan when you compare cookies to.... well anything really

I'm lending Steelheart and just got Mistborn back

I've done this! I just started one of my friends off with Mistborn...I didn't, however, tell him about the vortex of awesomeness and time that he will be sucked into when he finds 17s.

It's funny, every time I see him, I ask him where he is in the Final Empire, and he's such a slow reader, it's all I can do not to spoil.

I'm pretty sure there's a Sanderson missionary page somewhere....under a completely different topic name, though.  I will see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is!!! (Though it is specific to the Stormlight Archive and is in that section of the forum.)

Edited by traceria

You know you're a Sanderfan when your boss only likes you because you have read Sandersons books and can keep up with him in discussions about them.

"Hey boss, I read this awesome theory about Hoid today!"

"Really? Tell me all about it!"

"Oh, I will... once you give me that raise I've been asking about."

When your colleagues ask you why you haven't gotten a haircut for months or trimmed your beard in weeks, and you reply "So that I can have a realistic Vasher costume at a book signing."

(And we then proceeded to talk about Brandon's books for about 20 minutes after they asked what a Vasher was.)

When your colleagues ask you why you haven't gotten a haircut for months or trimmed your beard in weeks, and you reply "So that I can have a realistic Vasher costume at a book signing."

(And we then proceeded to talk about Brandon's books for about 20 minutes after they asked what a Vasher was.)

Hah. That's good.

When your writing style is compared to Brandon Sanderson's. (This is my friend who actually discovered Mistborn but hasn't read anything else by him.) Also when you worry your magic in a story is too close to the Surgebinding. I thought I was being original but after thinking about it for a moment, it is completely a rip off of spren. Well, sort of. 

When you're really excited to find Towers of Midnight in an old Jerusalem bookshop though you haven't got past Eye Of the World, and when you friend immediately recognises Brandon's name on the cover and understands your excitement, despite the fact that she hasn't read any of his books (yet) and Robert Jordan's name is printed larger....

When your writing style is compared to Brandon Sanderson's. (This is my friend who actually discovered Mistborn but hasn't read anything else by him.) Also when you worry your magic in a story is too close to the Surgebinding. I thought I was being original but after thinking about it for a moment, it is completely a rip off of spren. Well, sort of. 

Post on Creator's Corner and I can lend my thoughts. The idea of objects possessing souls, and being able to work magic by interacting with those souls, is as old as tribal shamanism. I'm half-convinced that Surgebinding is based off of animism.

When you drive by a company called "Ati Physical Therapy," and you can't help but think of the tagline:

Ati Physical Therapy; Our accupuncture is so good, you'll leave feeling like a whole new person!

At Ati Physical Therapy, we have numerous acupuncture packages to choose form:

1) The Koloss Package, the basic package with four iron pins, to give you Potency. $49.16

2) The Kandra Package, choose two paired pins, to give you either Potency, Awareness, Presence, or Stability $69.16

3) The Steel Inquisitor Package, the ultra-luxury package; WE choose what pins to give you, which could cause homeopathic healing, metal awareness, strength, and speed! (Caution, may or may not cause damage to eyes). $166.16

When you get THREE random people to put Sanderson's books on their must-read list when you're talking on a DC weather forum about how sad and upset you are that you didn't get any snow from the Blizzard of 2015, but Philly will get a foot of snow which ultimately means 1) Brandon had to cancel the signing event (the first one I had ever planned to go to...and dressed as Vasher with Nightblood to boot!), and thus 2) I won't get to drive up and see the foot of snow on the ground, like a true Snow Bro would want to do! 

Once people asked me who the author and what the book was, I decided to tell the virtues of Brandon and his work. So the moral of the story is, sell how awesome Brandon's books are at every turn of life!

[Edited b/c apparently typing "b )" is an emoji with sunglasses...B)]

Edited by Titan Arum

When you get THREE random people to put Sanderson's books on their must-read list when you're talking on a DC weather forum about how sad and upset you are that you didn't get any snow from the Blizzard of 2015, but Philly will get a foot of snow which ultimately means 1) Brandon had to cancel the signing event (the first one I had ever planned to go to...and dressed as Vasher with Nightblood to boot!), and thus 2) I won't get to drive up and see the foot of snow on the ground, like a true Snow Bro would want to do!

Once people asked me who the author and what the book was, I decided to tell the virtues of Brandon and his work. So the moral of the story is, sell how awesome Brandon's books are at every turn of life!

[Edited b/c apparently typing "b )" is an emoji with sunglasses...B)]

Upvote for sympathy

We were unpacking books after moving this week and My wife Put Alloy of Law alphabetically first of my hardcopy Brando Sando books... Nonono. You know your a sanderfan when you put your BS books in order of Cosmere Timeline .

Edited by The Rooster

When you try and sell anti-logic talismans to your calculus class.

When you drive by a company called "Ati Physical Therapy," and you can't help but think of the tagline:

Ati Physical Therapy; Our accupuncture is so good, you'll leave feeling like a whole new person!

This has given me several fantastic new business ideas. 

To the Spike-Lab!

When you try to avoid responsibility with the excuse,

"I try to avoid having thoughts. They lead to other thoughts, and—if you're not careful—those lead to actions. Actions make you tired. I have this on rather good authority from someone who once read it in a book. "