You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Yeah I get really sad when I go to the used book store here in town because there is never a complete series of anything there. Last time I went they only had Well of Ascension for Brandon works. It seems there are a lot of Sanderfans in Tucson because no one ever has the books, yet no one plays the MAG.... unless Sparkles goes to all the bookmans and buys all the Sanderson...

You see this article about a Vast Bed of Metal Balls being found and immediately wonder if flooding the Pits of Hathsin caused these to gather on the ocean floor.

(Edit to add: The thought occurred before reading the article, which actually goes on to say what metal they're made of and the size (softball-sized).)

Edited by traceria

When you're reading the Jim Butcher Dangerous Women story and it involves a treaty being signed at night and the possibility that it could be broken, and it feels almost like plagiarism.

(NB I'm not accusing him of anything. I was just kinda expecting Dalinar and Szeth to come waltzing along)

When you read an erotic story and praise it for its character development. And then you read another erotic story and you start googling all the places mentioned and all the medical informations given to check if the worldbuilding is solid. And then you laugh for some character-driven humour. Yes, in an erotic story. And you realize you are probably the only guy among all those who read it who ever cared about that stuff.

Although in this case the cause-effect relation is inverted: it's not being a sanderfan than makes me do that, it's the care for that kind fo details that brought me to appreciate sanderson above all else.

Edited by king of nowhere

When all you want out of your day is for someone to read your "I am a stick" tee shirt, understand the reference, then say, "But you could be a fire."

You know you're a member of 17th Shard when you're reading Way of Kings and Jasnah takes Shallan out for a philosophy lesson, heading into a Dark Alley, and you suddenly think "DON'T ACCEPT THE COOKIES, SHALLAN!!"

...Then tell yourself to be quiet, so you can continue the story.

When you are on a team that works to prove theorems in mathematics, and you make the following observations:

1. I am way more chill when it comes to "normal" life than these other nerds.

2. I am way more up-tight than these other nerds when it comes to getting a proof just right.

3. I would make a good Hallandren priest.

When all you want out of your day is for someone to read your "I am a stick" tee shirt, understand the reference, then say, "But you could be a fire."

You know you're a member of 17th Shard when you're reading Way of Kings and Jasnah takes Shallan out for a philosophy lesson, heading into a Dark Alley, and you suddenly think "DON'T ACCEPT THE COOKIES, SHALLAN!!"

...Then tell yourself to be quiet, so you can continue the story.

You have a "I am a stick" t-shirt?

That is awesome.