You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

So today I met someone named Nazh......

Did he try to buy a map?

Or try to make a picture of you?

Or did he have a coat? How wet was it?

She did none of the above. She didn't take particular notice of me, I think. My identity is safe for now. We may be one step ahead.

Cosmere confirmed. All of our worst hopes and fears have come true. Ready the sticks for the defense against Odium.

It was argued, that the Stick is a splinter of Odium (see the "favorite sanderson villain" topic).

When you go camping and start talking to a stick and all your buddies worry about you.

I only would worry if the stick answered you... with something else than "I am a stick".

When you write a multi-page essay on why Mistborn is a classic for your English class

Edit: true story. We had to write a persuasive essay on what should be considered a classic after we spent a unit reading Shakespeare, etc. I chose Mistborn and got an A :P

Mistborn will be a classic. Simply for the way it was written. Sanderson had the entire trilogy finished before the first one went out for publication/distribution. It is the most complete trilogy I've ever read. I don't think anyone had attempted something like this before and I sincerely hope that future authors will take note and finish their stories before presenting them to an audience. Sanderson will usher in a new wave of writers, changing the way stories are told from now on. He will become a legend. He was the first. The rest of us merely followers. I started this off as a serious post but realized soon after starting that I was getting a little "occult-y" so I thought "In for a penny, in for a pound" XD 

Edited by theuntaintedchild

Fixed.

But seriously, why did it go from 52% to 51%?

May have had something to do with the fact that (I think) he bases those percentages on where he is in the outline. New plot development? Longer outline, ergo not quite as far along as you once were.

But seriously, why did it go from 52% to 51%?

I'm actually pretty happy about that. It either means he's lengthening the book, thickening the plot, or already revising. Any one of those will be a positive later, because they mean the content will increase, quality will improve, or revising speed will increase. If, alternately, he made a continuity error, it's best that he caught it now, instead of later building of it and having to replace it and all of its references later.

When something like this happens:

Brother: Delightful, I kind of want to see that Brandon Sanderson beauty standards thing again.

Me: huh?

Brother: you know when he talks about the people who pierce their lip with bone?

Me: oh you mean the

?

Brother: ......yeah.

Interest of mine = Sanderson, apparently.