Quick Fix Game 69: Dark One: Too Light

Archer

I tried?

Stick was the fatal blow, which I guess was my bad for actually voting there but I don’t think I can entirely be blamed. I’ll attribute it to us not being used to her evolved playstyle post MU Champs I guess? :P 

Maybe I went for it too hard last turn, idk. But I feel like there was nothing I could do because JNV’s analysis was totally confbiased lol

But w/e ggs Illwei and welcome back

Edit1: Oh and thanks @Ookla the Paradigm for running this, the writeups were gold as usual and the word sneak was fun to complete :D.

See I’m still a winner at heart

Edit2: Hahahaha reading you guys tunnel e!me in the doc was hilarious 

I didn’t slip Stick smh everything I said was true :P.

Illwei did outplay me, though. But to be fair I wasn’t aware that was a competition that was happening until it was too late.

Also funny to see how unconfident Illwei was :P.

Edit: NO IT DIDNT MERGE ;-;

Edited by Ookla the Destined

Sorry Illwei for advising Archer to saddle someone with the lone wolf life from the get go 😔

Tbf you won though and I stand by it being more balanced than 2 elims for this specific setup.

(Also more swingy. That was the tradeoff. 1 elim was better balance, 2 elims was better levels of swinginess.)

Anyways well played o7

This game looked neat, I like things that experiment with voting like this.

42 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

If mat was elim the self-voting thing would've been epic

Next time, no self voting :(

If I was elim the self voting would have prevented a C1 win for you.

It’s always bad :P.

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Destined said:

I regret not doubling my vote- that would've been funny

but yes, self voting was a mistake. I'm probably never doing that again. Some things you just have to learn the hard way, I guess

And I'm sad because I didn't get to use my phrase 3 times, only twice

I’m glad I voted right then 😛 GGs

(also relieved it wasn’t Mat bc that would’ve meant i called an elim “obv villa” - that would’ve been a first LOL) 

thanks for the game archer 

also I completely forgot about blue text being reserved for OOG lol sorry 

EDIT:

4 hours ago, Ookla the Destined said:

I’ll attribute it to us not being used to her evolved playstyle post MU Champs I guess? :P 

I’m pretty sure nothing changed 😛  this push here was very similar to how you/aman/kas/others (all villagers) tried to kill me in Szeth’s QF64. The only difference is I was able to argue my way out of that once since votes weren’t locked 

Edited by Stick.

34 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

ow. ok, good to know. 

that last phrase of motivation made me really think about wei there.

I think this is a situation of ‘right answer, wrong formula’ because I really don’t think that’s e!indicative. I almost corrected you in thread when you said it but didn’t because I wanted you to vote Illwei 😛 

3 hours ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

LG91 (Honorblade game by ash) and MR57 (blackout by TJ)

I mean MR56 was the blackout game and I wasn't a wolf there, but damn just read over lg91 i was a god there fr

i mean like not rly but still

Edited by Ooklil the Wei

20 hours ago, Ookla the Destined said:

I just didn't want to get into it 😔

It wasn't worth the painkillers.

So I just graduated into "cool, you wanna vote me Raven? That's cool, have fun, I have no energy for this 😔"

5 hours ago, Stick. said:

shouldve realised this was a wolf claim :p.

Oh?

Thank you to Archer for running the game and congratulations to Illwei for a solo elim victory! 

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, Elandera, or StrikerEZ, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Archer, and Kasimir) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: