11 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Well, someone blocked me by attacking me with Pepper. It appears to block all actions the targeted player takes, whether they’re normal actions or free actions. Very curious whether that was an item or a repeatable action. Also very curious to know who did it.

That is not precisely what Pepper does; and in fact, if I guess correctly, it was Mat or another Animal who used the Pepper on you, and they were actually hoping not to roleblock you at all. I actually considered doing it myself, but then decided a PM was more worthwhile. I won’t go into further detail at this time, though. Just know that most players don’t have to worry about Pepper.

11 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I do not think this is true; if it were, our win-conditions would relate to our suits in some way, or we would be able to earn points in a way that has to do with our suit, neither of which are true for me at least. 

It looks to me like Mat’s faction was Animals of Wonderland, which is in green, suggesting it’s more village-y in nature. But that could just be the color that was chosen for it. 

I also find it very interesting that each of us have or are a card, but which one is not revealed when we die (or at least wasn’t for Mat). 

I think you misunderstand me. What I’m saying is that all Animals have clubs cards, and all members of your faction have whatever suit you have. The specific suit (aside from Hearts, I imagine) doesn’t necessarily mean anything for your faction, but your faction is still linked to your suit.

That, or it’s a grand coincidence that I happened to have the same suit as my faction ally, and no one else who voted on him did.

11 minutes ago, Experience said:

Wouldn't that make you the most likely to have submitted a kill action this round cuz we know you were roleblocked?

Mmm yeah that did occur to me when I was writing the post; I figured the benefits of sharing the game mechanic outweighed the risks of me being killed. (I don't have access to a kill action, but I also can't prove that without revealing my actual role, so...)

10 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

That is not precisely what Pepper does; and in fact, if I guess correctly, it was Mat or another Animal who used the Pepper on you, and they were actually hoping not to roleblock you at all.

It... would be nice to know what it's supposed to do, then. Because what it did was block me. Also, why specifically Animals? Unless you've been deliberately misleading in your wording, you didn't know Mat was an Animal until he died, so presumably none of the others did either? Is it an item or an action that only Animals have?

13 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Mmm yeah that did occur to me when I was writing the post; I figured the benefits of sharing the game mechanic outweighed the risks of me being killed. (I don't have access to a kill action, but I also can't prove that without revealing my actual role, so...)

It... would be nice to know what it's supposed to do, then. Because what it did was block me. Also, why specifically Animals? Unless you've been deliberately misleading in your wording, you didn't know Mat was an Animal until he died, so presumably none of the others did either? Is it an item or an action that only Animals have?

Revealing much more would mean straight up explaining my wincon in the thread, which I’m not ready to do. It has the potential to roleblock you if you behave in a certain way; if you behave in another way, it has a different effect, and that effect is advantageous to the Animal wincon. Though I suppose it could have been a non-Animal, in which case they might have been hoping to roleblock you; there’s no way to say.

Not sure about that one either (know you made a comment about that, but I will reveal that I am also a Clubs and most definitely not on the same faction as you).

Also, since apparently this is happening to people. I started the game as cursed by Time, which is apparently related to my role somehow. 

11 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Not sure about that one either (know you made a comment about that, but I will reveal that I am also a Clubs and most definitely not on the same faction as you).

Also, since apparently this is happening to people. I started the game as cursed by Time, which is apparently related to my role somehow. 

Oh. Ah, well; there goes that theory. Would’ve been super useful for me; guess I’m back to begging people to share their factions with me in exchange for my wincon. :P

2 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Oh. Ah, well; there goes that theory. Would’ve been super useful for me; guess I’m back to begging people to share their factions with me in exchange for my wincon. :P

Really wish I hadn't missed rollover, or I would have taken you up in your deal, bit as it is I'm pretty sure I need my action for something else. We'll see.

1 minute ago, _Stick_ said:

Interesting 

@|TJ| @Amanuensis why are you still large? Did either of you manage to obtain a bottle yesterday? 
Also waiting on TJ to explain what happens when we kill you 

wdym why am I still large? i'm not aware of any shrinking mechanism.

I actually do not know what happens when I die. I'd assume regular death, but the process of killing me is a bit difficult. its still vaguely worded. Obviously, there are drawbacks of being Large, but I'd rather keep it to myself :P. 

7 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Interesting 

@|TJ| @Amanuensis why are you still large? Did either of you manage to obtain a bottle yesterday? 

Pretty sure you’re backwards on that; in the book, the bottle grows and the cake shrinks.

Either way, why would you expect them to be working on voluntarily shrinking? Does something in your GM PM imply that would be advantageous for them?

EDIT: Oh, and Exp, what makes you say that? Again, at-will size changing is what the mushroom does in the book. It’s possible Quinn made it up based on the book, but I don’t see why you’d suspect that.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

22 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Pretty sure you’re backwards on that; in the book, the bottle grows and the cake shrinks.

Either way, why would you expect them to be working on voluntarily shrinking? Does something in your GM PM imply that would be advantageous for them?

EDIT: Oh, and Exp, what makes you say that? Again, at-will size changing is what the mushroom does in the book. It’s possible Quinn made it up based on the book, but I don’t see why you’d suspect that.

Oh huh. I’ve googled it and it says the cake should make you grow. Idk. 

Yeah, TJ made it sound like being Large meant bad things. Also I mostly wanted to know if anybody received a bottle/cake from the tea party because I didn’t get anything. 

Also I think I wanna,,,

Ashbringer 

37 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Oh huh. I’ve googled it and it says the cake should make you grow. Idk. 

Yeah, TJ made it sound like being Large meant bad things. Also I mostly wanted to know if anybody received a bottle/cake from the tea party because I didn’t get anything. 

Also I think I wanna,,,

Ashbringer 

You know what? You're absolutely right. I was remembering it incorrectly. Should have looked it up before I blindly confirmed Fifth's version. Well, I'll announce that I did receive a bottle, and I can drink it to go up a size. Both the game and I have it backwards, not you. :P 

57 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I mean I’m planning on using the mushroom to change myself to Large this cycle; doesn’t necessarily prove I have a mushroom specifically I suppose, but it’s something. I tried to this cycle, but that didn’t happen lol.

Is there anything I can do to convince you not to do that? If I absolutely need to, I can open a PM to explain, but I'd really rather you didn't grow any larger. And I'd rather not open the PM, because I really need to learn factions, and I think I already know yours.

EDIT: Wait, mixed you up with someone else. I don't know your faction, and I'm open to you getting larger.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

8 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Interesting 

Better question: why would I want to be tiny?
The microscopic world is a little scary and grimy.
I like my head in the clouds, brow crowned by sun, shiny.
And besides, I’m certain my raps would sound whiny.

Edited by Amanuensis

22 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

You know what? You're absolutely right. I was remembering it incorrectly. Should have looked it up before I blindly confirmed Fifth's version. Well, I'll announce that I did receive a bottle, and I can drink it to go up a size. Both the game and I have it backwards, not you. :P 

Is there anything I can do to convince you not to do that? If I absolutely need to, I can open a PM to explain, but I'd really rather you didn't grow any larger. And I'd rather not open the PM, because I really need to learn factions, and I think I already know yours.

OH LOL I see 

6 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Better question: why would I want to be tiny?
The microscopic world is a little scary and grimy.
I like my head in the clouds, brow crowned by sun, shiny.
And besides, I’m certain my raps would sound whiny.

Hm okay fair enough but can you do me a solid and apply for a seat at the tea party today. I promise nothing bad will come of it :ph34r: @Quintessential you too, please? I will not be targeting either of you with any nefarious actions, but I wanna check for a thing. 

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ man I have been trying for a solid five mins I cannot get this ping to work. Whenever you see this, witisthebest, please PM the GMs and ask them to save you a spot in the tea party. It’s a free action. 

@xinoehp512 do you have anything to say about the events of last EoD :P 

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Also I think I wanna,,,

Ashbringer 

you think he's queen of hearts don't you? :P.

9 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Hm okay fair enough but can you do me a solid and apply for a seat at the tea party today. I promise nothing bad will come of it :ph34r:

mmmmmmmmmsus :P.

Edited by |TJ|

I’ll be honest idrc about the queen LMAO. Do you think he’s the queen, TJ? Does your wincon need the queen alive?

and it is not sus!! :p. Ask wonko, it was a pleasant tea party. 

Edit:

I can confirm that getting cursed by time has nothing to do with tea 

Edited by _Stick_

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I’ll be honest idrc about the queen LMAO. Do you think he’s the queen, TJ? Does your wincon need the queen alive?

nope, idrc about the queen either :P. 

say let's make a deal, a favor for a favor. i join your nice non-nefarious tea party. you answer a simple yes or no question. do you have anything to do with spades or clubs suit? 

4 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

nope, idrc about the queen either :P. 

say let's make a deal, a favor for a favor. i join your nice non-nefarious tea party. you answer a simple yes or no question. do you have anything to do with spades or clubs suit? 

Trick question, you already know my card isn’t a clubs because only one vote disappeared off Mat and that was evidently Wonko’s, given that Mat’s vote on Wonko also disappeared. :p. If you still want a straight answer I’ll have to take a rain check - I can answer this tomorrow. :p.