8 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

wonko, I’m open to collaborating, in fact I prob don’t win without them lol but PMs are a slight problem for me. 
Where’s the idea that everyone involved in the tie dies coming from? The common ruling there is that it is randed between the tied players.

Okay exp i appreciate the hustle and I’m down to help you save Alice tbh

Mat

Oh is that the case? In my memory, a tied vote killed both players. In that case, I feel totally fine about moving from xinoehp512 to Matrim's Dice, or whoever everyone else decides to flashwagon, if Stick gets her way. I really don't care much about the exe just want to be on as many people's good sides as possible, while keeping deaths to a minimum.

When you say PMs are a problem for you, do you mean you need your action elsewhere, or there's some mechanic that actively keeps you from PMing people. If the latter, would it work if I PMed you instead?

Matrim's Dice (4): Experience, Experience, Quintessential, Stick, Wonko the Sane
Experience (0): Stick
Quintessential (0): TJ, Experience
Ashbringer (1): Stick, Experience, Stick
TJ (0): Stick, Quintessential
Amanuensis (2): Matrim's Dice, Wonko the Sane, xinoehp512, Labyrinth
Scars of Hathsin (1): Sart, Ashbringer, Wonko the Sane
xinoehp512 (3): Stick, TJ, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτWonko the Sane, Scars of Hathsin
Labyrinth (0): Experience
Wonko the Sane (1): Matrim's Dice
Stick (1): Sart

Edited by Wonko the Sane

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Based on JNV’s response I WILL assume it’s just randed and fifth is trying to troll us but wonko/exp if you want to take precautions then you probably should lol

What kind of precautions? 

Also I totally forgot we have 30 more minutes.

3 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Good question :) 

All right then... That's ominous. XD

30 minutes left, everyone! Get votes in, and make sure to get actions in; if you don't have an action, open a PM now, and you can use it tomorrow! And remember there's a random 1-in-4 chance that any given vote doesn't count, so margins are important -- the vote currently sits at 4 to 3, so we could definitely stand to increase the gap if we don't want to find out whether Fifth is just trolling.

25 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

lol yeah ash’s question just seemed weird to me because he started the cycle talking about there being 14 unique cards but then asked if there existed a queen that wasn’t the queen of hearts. Given the theme it’s always going to be the queen of hearts and no other queen but yeah prob reading into it more than I should 

I am curious if there’s any duplicate numbers. “Joker” is a stretch, pretty sure that doesn’t show up in Alice. Don’t think a Jack does either (though maybe that’s what a Knave is, idk). But my card has a (minor) effect so I’m curious.

Stick, I have a suspicion we’re on the same team :P

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I am curious if there’s any duplicate numbers. “Joker” is a stretch, pretty sure that doesn’t show up in Alice. Don’t think a Jack does either (though maybe that’s what a Knave is, idk). But my card has a (minor) effect so I’m curious.

Stick, I have a suspicion we’re on the same team :P

Yeah, Jack=Knave. Knave of hearts in particular is what fits here I think.

if you think we’re on the same side then shoot me a PM tomorrow :P 

Alice quickly lost sight of the Rabbit as it hurried towards its unknown destination. “How odd,” she thought to herself, “that this path we’re on is perfectly straight, I did not see the Rabbit run off the path, and yet the Rabbit is gone.” For a lack of better things to do, she skipped along the path, humming to herself. 

“You there!” came a voice somewhere far away. “Be silent! There must be silence for the royal procession!”

Surely such a distant voice could not be talking to her of all people, so she carried on humming and skipping without a care in the world.

“You! In the ragtag dress parading along my path! Stop humming!”

Alice stopped and pointed at herself incredulously. If she could barely hear the distant voice while it was shouting, then how could it possibly hear her humming.

“Yes, you! I’ll have your head for this! Guards, bring me that little girl!”

At that, Alice ran off into the forest. The distant voice couldn’t have her head, she needed it for things like reading picture books and chasing after Rabbits. Speaking of, there was the Rabbit, still bounding along! She ran after it as quickly as she could, but her dress kept getting caught on branches and leaves. At least she could see it this time. She could almost see it more easily through the trees than on the path, what with its bright waistcoat. 

As Alice followed the Rabbit, she soon ran into a little glade where the trees left space enough for a large table. “Oh my!” said the Rabbit, startling at the sight of her. “I don’t believe you were invited to tea. How rude of you to barge in!”

Tea? Tea would be delightful, especially after all the running. And with tea came biscuits and scones! There were several other people at the table, some with elaborate rectangular outfits but others who looked like fairly decent folk.

“Could I have some tea, sir Rabbit?” she asked plaintively, widening her eyes as best she could. This trick sometimes worked on the adults, especially if her dress was dirty or torn. “Please?”

The Rabbit wavered for a moment, hesitation clear on its face. “Well, I suppose… No. You should have asked earlier. Now run along.” 

The Rabbit turned back towards the rest of the people, and she snuck towards the table, hoping to snatch some tea while his back was turned. But every teacup was in the hand of a guest!

“You rapscallion! Out, I say! Out! Leave this party!” 

It was the Rabbit! She grabbed something off the table and ran off, clutching it tightly to her chest. When she was alone, she looked at it. Why, this wasn’t tea at all! It was some sort of dessert.

How disappointing.

The Cheshire Cat sat perched atop its favourite branch in the Queen’s rose-garden, purring contentedly. Below, he could see through the branches the frantic efforts of the gardeners, cans of red paint heedlessly spilling onto the ground as they worked at the rose-bushes with furious strokes. He began to grin, then heard a commotion catch his ear. It seemed like the Queen was in another mood. He sighed and slinked down from the tree. As he dropped, an angry face glowered down at him. 

“There it is, there it is, dear, the intruder! Off with its head!”

The King of Hearts sighed. “Dear, it’s clearly not the little girl we pursued here. It’s only a Cheshire Cat, you should let it be.”

“Let it be?” the red-faced matriarch shrieked. “Yes, let It Be, and This Be, and That Be, and before long you have an indeterminate hive right in your rose-gardens. It cannot stand!” As she spoke, her face broke out in red spots, and one of the gardeners doubled over, clutching his legs. A swarm of yellowjackets passed overhead, causing the Cat to squint. He snatched at one with a paw, and grabbed it and put it on. It was warm, and fit him well. Soon he was purring and the squabbling of the other people and animals on the croquet-ground did not seem so important. Before he drifted into slumber, the only thing he saw was two clubs coming over to him, ready to throw him over the outer wall into the darkness. There he knew nothing but Sleeping and Clashing of Wreaths.

Matrim's Dice has succumbed to madness! They were a Cheshire Cat of the Animals of Wonderland and held the Two of Clubs!

Vote Count:
Matrim's Dice (3): Experience, Quintessential, _Stick_, Wonko the Sane
Amanuensis (1): xinoehp512, Labyrinth
xinoehp512 (2): TJ, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ, Scars of Hathsin
Wonko the Sane (0): Matrim's Dice
Stick (1): Sart

Cycle Two has begun! It will end in 24 hours at 9:30 PM EDT on Saturday 2 September.

There is a madness today, with a one-vote minimum.

A reminder that you do not need to submit an order to create a PM, but your creation of one will irrevocably consume your action with no takebacks. Please include me and Fifth in all PMs.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. The Known Novel
  2. Matrim’s DiceCheshire Cat, Two of Clubs
  3. Experience
  4. Scars of Hathsin
  5. WitIsTheBest
  6. xinoehp512
  7. Quintessential
  8. _Stick_
  9. Ashbringer
  10. Amanuensis - Large
  11. Sart
  12. |TJ| - Large
  13. Wonko the Sane
  14. Labyrinth

Edited by JNV

Mat was not the Queen of Hearts; he and I matched on suit, and I don’t have a Hearts card.

Apparently the game is flipless, which means we’re now three for three on flipless games since I came back from hiatus. :P 

I also note the interesting lack of any non-exe kill, meaning there doesn’t appear to be any sort of Eliminator faction. I’m increasingly curious about what factions do exist in the game. My offer to explain my wincon to anyone who PMs me stands, but I’ve decided to at least go public with my faction name: I am a member of the Animals of Wonderland.

Also, did everyone else who attended the Tea Party get “cursed by Time”, or is that just me? XD

EDIT: Never mind. Not flipless. :P This confirms a theory of mine, though: your suit is your faction; there are therefore probably four factions.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

3 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

Also, did everyone else who attended the Tea Party get “cursed by Time”, or is that just me? XD

I seem to have been cursed by Time without going to the Tea Party, which is interesting.

19 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

:ph34r:

What’re you looking at

Well, someone blocked me by attacking me with Pepper. It appears to block all actions the targeted player takes, whether they’re normal actions or free actions. Very curious whether that was an item or a repeatable action. Also very curious to know who did it.

but yeah, figured I’d let y’all know that there is an action-blocking mechanic in the game.

which, I suppose, means it’s possible there is an elim or elim-like faction and they got blocked this cycle.

18 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

This confirms a theory of mine, though: your suit is your faction; there are therefore probably four factions.

I do not think this is true; if it were, our win-conditions would relate to our suits in some way, or we would be able to earn points in a way that has to do with our suit, neither of which are true for me at least. 

It looks to me like Mat’s faction was Animals of Wonderland, which is in green, suggesting it’s more village-y in nature. But that could just be the color that was chosen for it. 

I also find it very interesting that each of us have or are a card, but which one is not revealed when we die (or at least wasn’t for Mat). 

9 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Well, someone blocked me by attacking me with Pepper. It appears to block all actions the targeted player takes, whether they’re normal actions or free actions. Very curious whether that was an item or a repeatable action. Also very curious to know who did it.

but yeah, figured I’d let y’all know that there is an action-blocking mechanic in the game.

which, I suppose, means it’s possible there is an elim or elim-like faction and they got blocked this cycle.

I do not think this is true; if it were, our win-conditions would relate to our suits in some way, or we would be able to earn points in a way that has to do with our suit, neither of which are true for me at least. 

It looks to me like Mat’s faction was Animals of Wonderland, which is in green, suggesting it’s more village-y in nature. But that could just be the color that was chosen for it. 

I also find it very interesting that each of us have or are a card, but which one is not revealed when we die (or at least wasn’t for Mat). 

Wouldn't that make you the most likely to have submitted a kill action this round cuz we know you were roleblocked?