6 hours ago, Sart said:

Contribution Crusade.

@Scars of Hathsin Please attend the tea party. We have cakes and bottles of strange liquid. Scars of Hathsin

Sorry, I am in a different part of the world to you guys (Australia), but I would love to join the tea party.

Also how do we vote?

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

I vote @xinoehp512
Alsi you can ping me with the Greek keyboard or quote me, but I am following this thread so il get the notification form it and I’ll see if you mention me.

You need to place your vote in red text. And while we've got you here, what's your opinion on the state of the game, or what we should be doing as a group? It's good to get discussion, going, as much as possible.

@Scars of Hathsin, same advice. And same question: what do you think about the game?

Also, that's kind of all the excuse I need to jump ship from Scars of Hathsin to xinoehp512.

28 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I think I just have to get the hang of it @Wonko the Sane but seems good so far, also I will go with the group vote of xinoehp512

You'll get there! Don't forget to use your action this turn; either by saying an action in the PM you got from the GMs, or by starting a PM with another player. The player doesn't have to be online right now -- I've confirmed with the GMs that PMs you open with your action will last the entire game. (By the way, I'm actively fishing for PM contacts, so if you're looking for who to PM, I'm available! ;))

@Scars of Hathsin Same advice to you, make sure you use your action. Also, you still need to put your vote in red text; the GMs might give you a pass on that because you're new, but it's still a good idea to get into practice.

Just under an hour and 45 minutes left, people! Remember, if you don't have another action, make sure to open a PM; it could be useful down the line! Assuming the GMs count Scars' vote, this is the current count:

Matrim's Dice (0): Experience
Experience (0): Stick
Quintessential (0): TJ, Experience
Ashbringer (0): Stick, Experience
TJ (0): Stick, Quintessential
Amanuensis (3): Matrim's Dice, Wonko the Sane, xinoehp512, Labyrinth
Scars of Hathsin (2): Sart, Ashbringer, Wonko the Sane
xinoehp512 (5): Stick, TJ, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ, Wonko the Sane, Scars of Hathsin
Labyrinth (1): Experience

If anyone's not okay with the Xino exe, now's the time to voice that!

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Huzzah. A success for the Contribution Crusade. Scars of Hathsin.

Oh great, now I actually have to think about my votes. I think Stick might be a good target here.

Edited by Sart
Bold the votes

Very cool

Ashbringer

I might actually be awake till EoD but it’s 5:30 am so who knows 

edit:

if there’s a faction out for Alice blood then it’s GGs lol so protective actions prob go there if we have those 

edit2:

@Sart can you define what makes a good target? :p.

Edited by _Stick_

10 minutes ago, Experience said:

I have reason to believe that xino is Alice, so maybe we don't kill him?

First, is there any way you can safely provide evidence for that; and second, is there a reason that we should avoid killing Alice? My PM doesn't even mention Alice as a player; I'm guessing she features into your faction objectives somehow?

Updated count:

Matrim's Dice (1): Experience, Experience
Ashbringer (1): Stick, Experience, Stick
Amanuensis (2): Matrim's Dice, Wonko the Sane, xinoehp512, Labyrinth
Scars of Hathsin (1): Sart, Ashbringer, Wonko the Sane
xinoehp512 (4): Stick, TJ, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ, Wonko the Sane, Scars of Hathsin
Labyrinth (0): Experience
Wonko the Sane (1): Matrim's Dice
Stick (1): Sart

EDIT: I also have no mention of a Queen... Seems I'm definitively a neutral/side faction, then.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

6 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

First, is there any way you can safely provide evidence for that; and second, is there a reason that we should avoid killing Alice? My PM doesn't even mention Alice as a player; I'm guessing she features into your faction objectives somehow?

Updated count:

Matrim's Dice (1): Experience, Experience
Ashbringer (1): Stick, Experience, Stick
Amanuensis (2): Matrim's Dice, Wonko the Sane, xinoehp512, Labyrinth
Scars of Hathsin (1): Sart, Ashbringer, Wonko the Sane
xinoehp512 (4): Stick, TJ, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ, Wonko the Sane, Scars of Hathsin
Labyrinth (0): Experience
Wonko the Sane (1): Matrim's Dice
Stick (1): Sart

EDIT: I also have no mention of a Queen... Seems I'm definitively a neutral/side faction, then.

At least for my faction, we def don't want Alice dead.

7 minutes ago, Experience said:

Why do I feel like Mat is the Queen?

I don't think we can really tell who's the Queen at all just yet? Because idk what the queen is even going to look like; she definitely sounds elimmy, but we don't actually know what the queen's win condition (probably not "kill everyone", this game is way too short) is or whether she has allies. And like Wonko, my PM didn't mention Alice or the Queen, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing in relation to them.

However, I have been debating whether or not to vote Mat, and I don't blame you for finding him a bit sus, cuz I keep getting weird vibes from him too... There was something he said earlier in particular... Oh yeah, this.

5 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

The amount of agreement on a CC is troubling to me. And the amount of voting that is purely survival based is weird. Both probably factors of us having very little info.

It sorta felt like throwing unnecessary shade to me; I don't really remember Mat's playstyle well enough to be sure whether this is out of the ordinary but given that (as he himself pointed out), we don't have anything to go off of besides activity and trying to not die ourselves, it seems off to me to call it troubling or weird that that's what people are voting on. Also, it's C1, that's pretty normal for C1 even in non-blackout games.

So, Mat.

8 minutes ago, Experience said:

Sigh.

Why do I feel like Mat is the Queen?

Matrims Dice

I am inferring from wonko’s posts that not everybody is aware of the existence of these roles and the factions around them

Mat was the first player to bring up elims vs villagers and then sorta backtracked and threw up a bunch of other gamestate possibilities when I commented on vote metrics, so you could be right 

Just now, _Stick_ said:

I am inferring from wonko’s posts that not everybody is aware of the existence of these roles and the factions around them

Mat was the first player to bring up elims vs villagers and then sorta backtracked and threw up a bunch of other gamestate possibilities when I commented on vote metrics, so you could be right 

Thoughts on voting him?

Like I said, my own win condition doesn’t quite require me to have particularly strong influence on the exe so I’m fine on the sidelines. 

How strongly do you need mat voted out right now? This is just a hunch at the moment, right? What did you make of ash’s comment on the queen earlier? 

Edit:

to be clear, I don’t have anything against voting mat - just trying to understand the read here 

Edited by _Stick_

Hmmm I will say, Mat is afk for this whole thing iirc, so I would feel a little bad if he died without being able to defend himself... idk though, I don't have reads on anyone else yet. To me, Ash's question seemed neutral--I don't think it (edit: it meaning any possible answers to the question) actually gives away any information? Unless he has some secret win-con related to queen cards or something which seems dubious to me because then he'd probably know whether there were more or not.

Edited by Quintessential

lol yeah ash’s question just seemed weird to me because he started the cycle talking about there being 14 unique cards but then asked if there existed a queen that wasn’t the queen of hearts. Given the theme it’s always going to be the queen of hearts and no other queen but yeah prob reading into it more than I should 

6 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Like I said, my own win condition doesn’t quite require me to have particularly strong influence on the exe so I’m fine on the sidelines. 

How strongly do you need mat voted out right now? This is just a hunch at the moment, right? What did you make of ash’s comment on the queen earlier? 

Edit:

to be clear, I don’t have anything against voting mat - just trying to understand the read here 

I don't really see it as him being queen from that, but it's obviously possible.

And if you don't care either way with the lynch, would you mind going for mat so xino doesn't get it?

2 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

Hmmm I will say, Mat is afk for this whole thing iirc, so I would feel a little bad if he died without being able to defend himself... idk though, I don't have reads on anyone else yet. To me, Ash's question seemed neutral--I don't think it actually gives away any information? Unless he has some secret win-con related to queen cards or something which seems dubious to me because then he'd probably know whether there were more or not.

I mean it's not exactly a kill. At least not for the rest of the game, so isn't aaaasssss bad

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

At least for my faction, we def don't want Alice dead.

Hm. Well, for my win condition, I'm going to have a much easier time if at least one other faction collaborates with me, so I'd like to avoid burning bridges with the... Village? Whatever you guys are. But I also really want the minimum number of deaths possible, so I won't be tying the vote by jumping to Mat just yet; if the opportunity arises to jump on a different train, though, I'm totally good with that.

7 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

I don't think we can really tell who's the Queen at all just yet? Because idk what the queen is even going to look like; she definitely sounds elimmy, but we don't actually know what the queen's win condition (probably not "kill everyone", this game is way too short) is or whether she has allies. And like Wonko, my PM didn't mention Alice or the Queen, so I'm not sure what exactly I'm supposed to be doing in relation to them.

However, I have been debating whether or not to vote Mat, and I don't blame you for finding him a bit sus, cuz I keep getting weird vibes from him too... There was something he said earlier in particular... Oh yeah, this.

It sorta felt like throwing unnecessary shade to me; I don't really remember Mat's playstyle well enough to be sure whether this is out of the ordinary but given that (as he himself pointed out), we don't have anything to go off of besides activity and trying to not die ourselves, it seems off to me to call it troubling or weird that that's what people are voting on. Also, it's C1, that's pretty normal for C1 even in non-blackout games.

So, Mat.

Have you used your action yet? If not, I'd love for the opportunity to compare factions; we might be allies. I've already used my PM trying to make contacts elsewhere, but if you open one with me, I'll give you my faction name without obligation, and give you the details of my wincon in exchange for your faction name.

5 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Edit:

Did your PM mention Alice or the Queen? It sounds like you have a different wincon from me, but also from this apparent Village faction; that implies at least four factions, which makes me even more eager to make allies in other factions. Same offer I gave to Quinn: if you PM me, you get my Faction for free, and my wincon in exchange for your faction.

Just now, Wonko the Sane said:

Have you used your action yet? If not, I'd love for the opportunity to compare factions; we might be allies. I've already used my PM trying to make contacts elsewhere, but if you open one with me, I'll give you my faction name without obligation, and give you the details of my wincon in exchange for your faction name.

I've already used my action; I kinda have to in order to complete my win-con, sorry. If one of us has the chance next cycle though we should definitely make a PM to compare notes.

wonko, I’m open to collaborating, in fact I prob don’t win without them lol but PMs are a slight problem for me. 
Where’s the idea that everyone involved in the tie dies coming from? The common ruling there is that it is randed between the tied players.

Okay exp i appreciate the hustle and I’m down to help you save Alice tbh

Mat

2 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

your PM mention Alice or the Queen? It sounds like you have a different wincon from me, but also from this apparent Village faction; that implies at least four factions, which makes me even more eager to make allies in other factions. Same offer I gave to Quinn: if you PM me, you get my Faction for free, and my wincon in exchange for your faction.

Same as Quinn :/