18 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Most of my most recent VCs have had errors -_-

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe I'm reaching, but the last time you posted a VC was well over a month ago. Granted it had two errors :P But what are the chances you immediately recall this HMMMM

3 minutes ago, JNV said:

Im having trouble figuring out if my issue with them is actually them or the way they put all their questions in spoiler boxes

xD I think that's just force of habit cuz they put OOC comments in spoiler boxes in RP threads, I'm pretty sure.

oh no, it's again

Thankfully that wasn't a terrible 3 pages to wade through, but if y'all make this a million page game again I will protest. 

37 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I read you joining Archer on me as setting up bait for the elims  :( 

This read seems too complicated. 

36 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Well I was going to vote Araris for making me Elim twice in a row :P

I feel bad for Araris. This guy rolls elim so often he had to rewrite the standard rules of SE to guarantee he'd be a villager for once just to get a moment's peace. 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

The complication isn't what's making me feel undecided - it feels like there's an unquestioned V implication behind that line of thought where I'm concerned and I'm not really sure that's something one takes for granted or writes that vote off with that early into the game.

Hence my questioning if this deserves a 0.5 image.png as a net result.

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Maybe I'm reaching, but the last time you posted a VC was well over a month ago. Granted it had two errors :P But what are the chances you immediately recall this HMMMM

xD I think that's just force of habit cuz they put OOC comments in spoiler boxes in RP threads, I'm pretty sure.

Why do you think I haven't posted a VC in that time? I've been traumatized:blink:

5 minutes ago, Archer said:

But is it? I know I often like to pile votes on one player early D1 cuz it's a good way to assess partnerships, i.e. if more people jump on easily it generally indicates the CWs need to be looked at closer. Early D1 wagons are easy to pile on because you are not expected to provide reasoning.

edit:

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

there's an unquestioned V implication behind that line of thought where I'm concerned

FWIW I'm village reading you atm

Edited by _Stick_

Sigh.

0.5 image.png to Xino. I do like his ease in the thread; I think it's a good look. But I don't feel very strongly about this one, because I am not really sure this is a substitute for actual thread contribution. Bracketed with the knowledge we're maybe three hours tops into the cycle so I don't think it matters significantly at this juncture.

FWIW guys don't take my talk of decimals and how many Digimon I'm issuing as anything other than a rough indicator of where I am. It'll be clearer if I do tiered readslist but IDK if I'm in the mood for that this game. I'm midway through a Digimon S1 marathon right now and doing an aquatic-themed Digimon reacts/reads to the thread feels like a low-effort and fun way of engaging. So don't add and subtract every image, I'll make the overall calculus clear at some point.

8 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

But is it? I know I often like to pile votes on one player early D1 cuz it's a good way to assess partnerships, i.e. if more people jump on easily it generally indicates the CWs need to be looked at closer. Early D1 wagons are easy to pile on because you are not expected to provide reasoning.

edit:

FWIW I'm village reading you atm

The idea this was implicitly your read of what I was doing early on is weird to me in a way I don't know how to read, because p1 feels too early to come to a conclusion about it.

Edited by Kasimir
Justification

12 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Why do you think I haven't posted a VC in that time? I've been traumatized:blink:

Is this a trick question? You died in that game shortly after posting that and there hasn't been a standard SE game since - that's why :P It's more the amount of time its been that's slightly bothering me, not the lack of VCs. 

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

p1 feels too early to come to a conclusion about it

Well, you awarded me a Digimon read p1 didn't you? :ph34r: and my comment is from p2

Edited by _Stick_

8 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Well, you awarded me a Digimon read p1 didn't you? :ph34r: and my comment is from p2

I did, and it was less convoluted I think. It was just based off a comparison to your usual Village playstyle. I'll also agree the fact I'm conflicted as to what to make of it is probably indicative that I don't think it's necessarily Evil but it did stick out to me :P 

Edited to add:

@_Stick_

Like, yeah it's from p2, but presumably the fact you okayed it before making the p2 comment since you didn't @ it p1 indicates that you were cool with it before, no? I just feel "this is probably bait" is weird. And am puzzling aloud why it jumps out to me/why I think it's weird. There's something to be said about the confidence that displays, I suppose, since an Elim tends to immediately read this more as a gut sus kind of thing, so on further reflection maybe I should treat this as more V!indicative.

...Yeaaaah let's go with an award of three Shakomons!

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Edited by Kasimir

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Like, yeah it's from p2, but presumably the fact you okayed it before making the p2 comment since you didn't @ it p1 indicates that you were cool with it before, no? I just feel "this is probably bait" is weird. And am puzzling aloud why it jumps out to me/why I think it's weird. There's something to be said about the confidence that displays, I suppose, since an Elim tends to immediately read this more as a gut sus kind of thing, so on further reflection maybe I should treat this as more V!indicative.

Yeah I mean if I think a vote is bait I'm not actually going to say it since that defeats the point :P But later when you said you moved your vote to xino I figured why not

40 minutes ago, JNV said:

Im having trouble figuring out if my issue with them is actually them or the way they put all their questions in spoiler boxes

It’s because I’m insecure and putting it in spoilers makes me feel better for some reason 

41 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Is this a trick question? You died in that game shortly after posting that and there hasn't been a standard SE game since - that's why :P It's more the amount of time its been that's slightly bothering me, not the lack of VCs. 

Really? :thoughtful: I thought it had been longer than that. Clearly I was not traumatized enough. I think it was like three or four in a row that I screwed up. What, do you not remember the last time you messed up a VC?

Stick (1): Archer

Ash (4): Wizard, Araris, Kasimir, Xino

TKN (2): Alpha, Stick

Araris (1): Ash

32 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Stick

Ash

Unvotes yay

Araris Ash

1 minute ago, solarcat said:

I looked at the original forum that explains the game and it sounds interesting

I would agree! :P If you want, I'll send you the spec doc at this game so you can add further thoughts there and leave the game thread to the players.

Spoiler

IWIW: Digimon, Digital Monsters! Review | Page 17 | Sufficient Velocity

This is me, playing the drinking game where I take a drink every single time someone decides that it's okay to keep on posting in the thread despite not being signed up for the game. Seriously guys. You're taking up postcount and it's things we have to ignore later. Please relocate to the spec doc.

Actual game-related talk:

@The Wandering Wizard: Why Xino?

Edited by Kasimir
Spoilered Wizarmon because he's too big

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Really? :thoughtful: I thought it had been longer than that. Clearly I was not traumatized enough. I think it was like three or four in a row that I screwed up. What, do you not remember the last time you messed up a VC?

I seriously doubt I have ever posted an accurate VC :lol:

Wiz

2 hours ago, Archer said:

I feel bad for Araris. This guy rolls elim so often he had to rewrite the standard rules of SE to guarantee he'd be a villager for once just to get a moment's peace. 

And it turned out I was secretly an elim the whole time anyway.

Not sure what I think about Wiz backing off of Ash.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

And it turned out I was secretly an elim the whole time anyway.

Praise the Ja!

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Not sure what I think about Wiz backing off of Ash.

?

7 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Wiz

?

19 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mostly gut 'n sheeping.

Wiz/Xino E/E?

Spoiler

I just want to live a quiet life

I say this but I still don't want to move from Ash - it's a very early vote explosion so I'm minded to be wary both of Xino's DGAF stack (we haven't even reached rollovet yet, and this does push me a bit back towards the E!Xino we saw in LG91) and Wiz's bailing. 

I'm not really seeing V!Ash yet. Agree there are extenuating factors, but Ash is usually readable, and IDK if I'm in a 'vote whoever I don't think is readable later on' mood this game. We'll see I guess.

24 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mostly gut 'n sheeping.

It's a little early for sheeping 

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

The complication isn't what's making me feel undecided - it feels like there's an unquestioned V implication behind that line of thought where I'm concerned and I'm not really sure that's something one takes for granted or writes that vote off with that early into the game.

Hence my questioning if this deserves a 0.5 image.png as a net result.

My thinking was that village me goes hmm, two votes on me. I don't care. End of thought. 

Elim me might think elim me would be too comfortable, knowing that my teammates can save me, so I'd try to come up with an excuse for my chill attitude. 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

This back and forth doesn't feel e-e. 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

My thinking was that village me goes hmm, two votes on me. I don't care. End of thought. 

Elim me might think elim me would be too comfortable, knowing that my teammates can save me, so I'd try to come up with an excuse for my chill attitude. 

I don't really agree with this take - my vote was my first vote of the cycle, and as of Stick's post, it was barely three hours after the game started. Still forty-five hours more to go. I don't think an Elim feels like any sort of chill needs to be explained at that point in the cycle, especially when I've never been known to have a stable vote.

I...Actually the more I come back to it, the more I am currently inclined to have Stick at 0.5 image.png. Not very confident of this but feels like there's a bit too much perspectival confidence for me to want to E!read this. (Wow I have managed to issue Stick all three Digimon reads over four pages, go me!)

4 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Actually, nevermind. There have been a few times where e!me has placed a 3rd vote onto a teammate D1 in order to get a train on them to collapse. xino's vote was a 4th vote, but might have had similar motivations. I don't think Wiz and xino are e/e right now.

Fair point, under the explosion hypothesis. Revising that thought.

2 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

He seems odd

I don't disagree but was hoping something from your knowledge of E!Wiz's play was grounding this, in case there was something I was missing out on due to the last MR :P  I refuse to go back and read that Creston game because life is too short to read things that stress you out or make you feel unhappiness.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I don't really agree with this take - my vote was my first vote of the cycle, and as of Stick's post, it was barely three hours after the game started. Still forty-five hours more to go. I don't think an Elim feels like any sort of chill needs to be explained at that point in the cycle, especially when I've never been known to have a stable vote.

I...Actually the more I come back to it, the more I am currently inclined to have Stick at 0.5 image.png. Not very confident of this but feels like there's a bit too much perspectival confidence for me to want to E!read this. (Wow I have managed to issue Stick all three Digimon reads over four pages, go me!)

Fair point, under the explosion hypothesis. Revising that thought.

I don't disagree but was hoping something from your knowledge of E!Wiz's play was grounding this, in case there was something I was missing out on due to the last MR :P  I refuse to go back and read that Creston game because life is too short to read things that stress you out or make you feel unhappiness.

My Digimon collection grows >:)

Well I do think I have an E!Wiz tell figured out but it’s rather silly and mostly unfounded so I won’t say it yet :P Want to see more posts from Wiz first