2 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

No. How would I have that? I don't get my role until after I don't die. If you think this is shenanigans to make sure thug me dies for some reason, I mentioned this a while back in response to something Kas said. And I outlined the 'I must not die' clause in there to.

Okay turns out I thought you were implying that you'd misread your GM PM, but rereading your original post, you did say more than seven and not just seven. TKN

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Okay turns out I thought you were implying that you'd misread your GM PM, but rereading your original post, you did say more than seven and not just seven. TKN

I did misread, but it was only for like the first post.

Also, apparently Striker was planning on making it nine , but decided that was too much, so he made it eight, the madman.

46 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

FIFTH! We're like the inverse of each other. We're always on the opposite teams, so this must mean you're evil this time :P. 

Cease this slander sir, we were Village together in the AG. :P I even did you the favour of not killing or suspecting you despite heavy pressure to do so >>

I agree that Matrim is my only real elim read thus far, but am watching both TKN for an oddly aggressive claim, and Kas for an oddly negative response. 

@Amanuensis @|TJ| Opinions of Stick?

48 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Kas, you're arguing both sides here when it comes to the likelihood of scans on me. I find your hesitance very odd, like, you of all people should understand getting a strong village read from a gambit (AG Tineye) or just having a strong v read in general d1. If you were anyone else and I didn't need my vote I'd be voting you right now.

Why would E!me hesitate when it makes more sense to just jump on the train since literally no one else is hesitating, and there's pretty much no cost to me for agreeing to just vote you? I don't see where your move is equivalent with a gambit - in fact, I frankly think you are overstating how informative it is in terms of motivating discussion, and the fact you are deliberately highlighting it as a way of 'motivating discussion' seems fairly disingenuous to me. I don't think it is as useful a move as you claim it to be, and you're more or less the Obama medal award meme at the moment.

I understand having a strong Village read D1, but I don't see this as a circumstance that motivates a strong, unqualified Village read. I throw your question back to you: it's D1. If I see something that seems like a stronger read than the situation should merit, why the hell shouldn't I question it? That is literally what being a Villager entails. I've said as much.

You can go ahead and vote me, I don't particularly mind or care.

Edited to add: And yes, I'm arguing both sides because I'm more or less doing my thinking aloud in the thread. Again, do not particularly give a damn whether you care for it or not.

Edited by Kasimir

1 hour ago, |TJ| said:

I'm actually suspicious of this vote lmao :P. I feel like that vote you... well voted is a very easy vote for an elim to make. I know you make random D1 votes all the time but I'm feeling something off with this vote at time. It's a gut read of your vote. 

Mat

Wdym it was literally just a poke vote xD I voted him before he’d even posted, there’s literally no reason you should get a read off that vote when me D1 poke voting someone is 100% NAI

Slight sus on Fifth for parroting this read. Or I guess he might not be parroting it, he didn’t say :P.

I think voting TKN finally gives him his snap?

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

Also, apparently Striker was planning on making it nine , but decided that was too much, so he made it eight, the madman.

lmao Striker wanted you to ask someone to reveal a red scan on you xD

50 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

[1]Cease this slander sir, we were Village together in the AG. :P I even did you the favour of not killing or suspecting you despite heavy pressure to do so >>

[2]I agree that Matrim is my only real elim read thus far, but am watching both TKN for an oddly aggressive claim, and Kas for an oddly negative response. 

@Amanuensis @|TJ| Opinions of Stick? [3]

[1]Totally forgot about the AG, let's hope the streak stays broken :P.

[2] Why not vote then?

[3] Not enough of a read in the thread. Villager-y in PMs. But then I think I've only GMed evil!Stick, I don't think I've played or PMed with her as  evil!Stick. We shall see. 

55 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Why would E!me hesitate when it makes more sense to just jump on the train since literally no one else is hesitating, and there's pretty much no cost to me for agreeing to just vote you?

Counter question. Why wouldn't v!you vote on him? You don't agree that there is very little downside to allowing TKN Snap?

6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wdym it was literally just a poke vote xD I voted him before he’d even posted, there’s literally no reason you should get a read off that vote when me D1 poke voting someone is 100% NAI

I know, I knowwww, but I don't know. Something's off with the vote. The best I can explain it is....it feels like... a very safe poke vote? Idk how else to explain it. As I said, gut read. Besides, just because something is NAI doesn't mean the poster is village :P.

Agreed with your suspicion on Fifth though, especially since his read lacked a vote. 

Just now, |TJ| said:

I know, I knowwww, but I don't know. Something's off with the vote. The best I can explain it is....it feels like... a very safe poke vote? Idk how else to explain it. As I said, gut read. Besides, just because something is NAI doesn't mean the poster is village :P.

Fair enough I guess :P I do vote TKN a lot, which was actually kind of the reason I did again-- the goal with that vote was to get a read based on his reaction using examples from past games (queue: my [personal] excitement when I got an immediate self vote as a reaction, as that seemed like useful data) but after I looked through 3 recent games for those reactions (elim game where he disputed the votes against him, village game where he ignored them, village game where he was N1d before ever getting voted on) I came back to the edit where he claimed and invalidated the whole analysis since he would have self voted there regardless .-.

Probably a longer-winded answer than you were expecting, but there you go :P 

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Fair enough I guess :P I do vote TKN a lot, which was actually kind of the reason I did again-- the goal with that vote was to get a read based on his reaction using examples from past games (queue: my [personal] excitement when I got an immediate self vote as a reaction, as that seemed like useful data) but after I looked through 3 recent games for those reactions (elim game where he disputed the votes against him, village game where he ignored them, village game where he was N1d before ever getting voted on) I came back to the edit where he claimed and invalidated the whole analysis since he would have self voted there regardless .-.

Probably a longer-winded answer than you were expecting, but there you go :P 

What would you have thought if I hadn't immediately claimed?

9 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

What would you have thought if I hadn't immediately claimed?

I thought that the elim game where you reacted against the votes on you was village indicative in this game, but I was going to look through more games to get a more useful sample size since the other two weren't really helpful. I was probably going to hold onto it until C2 but there's no point in that now and I think you're probably village anyway.

Edit: @The Known Novel can I unvote you now?

Edited by Matrim's Dice

52 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I thought that the elim game where you reacted against the votes on you was village indicative in this game, but I was going to look through more games to get a more useful sample size since the other two weren't really helpful. I was probably going to hold onto it until C2 but there's no point in that now and I think you're probably village anyway.

Edit: @The Known Novel can I unvote you now?

I need one more, I believe. 

@Kasimir @Ashbringer @Somebody?

The following should be an accurate VC. I would appreciate if other people could double check for me. I have no fancy machine to count the votes for me. :P

The Known Novel (8): Fifth Scholar, Araris Valerian, The Known Novel, _Stick_, |TJ|, Ashbringer, Amanuensis, Matrim’s Dice

Fifth Scholar (1): Kasimir

Matrim’s Dice (1): Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Slight sus on Fifth for parroting this read. Or I guess he might not be parroting it, he didn’t say :P.

I think voting TKN finally gives him his snap?

Ah yes, how dare I agree with another player :P Also, when I do find e!Mat, it’s on gut, so I’m going to listen to it whenever I can >>

[1]Totally forgot about the AG, let's hope the streak stays broken :P.

[2] Why not vote then?

[3] Not enough of a read in the thread. Villager-y in PMs. But then I think I've only GMed evil!Stick, I don't think I've played or PMed with her as  evil!Stick. We shall see. 

2. I was helping TKN with his claimed role? :P Like, it was pretty explicit that that was what was going on. Now that he has his eight per Striker, I’ll gladly go for someone else though. The retaliatory vote against me from Mat plus the random vote from Kas start a wagon with literally nothing of substance behind it, and I see him as the instigator there anyway. 

Agreed with your suspicion on Fifth though, especially since his read lacked a vote. 

You vote for every suspicion you have? And suspect every person who doesn’t do this? Interesting. I suppose you’ll help me vote out Kas then for pushing against TKN without voting him (especially when he particularly requested to be voted). 

Also: suppose that I am evil. What do I gain from not voting Matrim? I could start an early wagon on a villager, and unless you think we’re teamed (lol) I get zero optics points for holding off on him as I did.

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The Known Novel (8): Araris Valerian, The Known Novel, _Stick_, |TJ|, Ashbringer, Amanuensis

Fifth Scholar (3): Kasimir, Matrim’s Dice, xinoehp512

Matrim’s Dice (1): Channelknight Fadran

TKN I think is probably village.

Fifth Scholar.

This is mostly accurate. You have the wrong number for TKN’s votes and are missing Fifth’s vote on Kas.

2 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Ah yes, how dare I agree with another player :P Also, when I do find e!Mat, it’s on gut, so I’m going to listen to it whenever I can >>

The retaliatory vote against me from Mat plus the random vote from Kas start a wagon with literally nothing of substance behind it, and I see him as the instigator there anyway. 

It’s not just that you agreed, it’s that you agreed with something that didn’t make sense (though to be completely fair you didn’t say specifically that you agreed with TJs reason) but it was also gut on you shading me/Kas/TKN all at once. So calling my vote retaliatory I don’t think is fair.

Edit: Forgot to quote @Biplet, what you don’t know is that we only look like we know what we’re doing :ph34r: 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

6 hours ago, |TJ| said:

Counter question. Why wouldn't v!you vote on him? You don't agree that there is very little downside to allowing TKN Snap?

Why would I? At most of the times I've been on, he's been far from Snapping. I've no objection to throwing him over if he's near the edge, but since I'm supposed to focus on RL and not the game, and have been stealing time from a report due today to check in, I'm going to treat each vote as a matter of 'Can I live with this being my last vote for the Day.' Thread consensus is to get TKN over and done with, which I respect, but another valid angle is to not actually give a damn and to focus on usual D1ing. Part of this is basically what I told you in the PM - I have a strong in-principle objection to rewarding an action that has been acknowledged to be blatantly about getting Village read, and that is oversold to me as the best thing since the second Coming of Christ. Well, no.

Besides, I like knowing that he shows up roleless on scans with a role only if he's converted.