Ash the Amateur rushed to his desk. Well, “rushed” was relative. Slightly faster than the slog across campus, when relief was so near and yet needing to stop in order to open the door. Playing Pathfinder wasn't nearly as exhausting as Biochemistry, but... still, sitting down in a chair with a functional back was a nice change. Relief can be relative too. Ash paused for a moment, then pulled out his laptop, grabbed his earbuds, and told YouTube to play something. He should really get Spotify one of these days.

Had the LG started yet? Fifth had said less than an hour… yep, there it is.

Oh.

Oh dear.

“Okay…” Ash said, trying to catch up to everything. “Actual Eliminators. Not good. Limited to the subforum, at least.” He didn’t post much outside of it, but there were a few places he looked at from time to time.

“Let’s see what I can do, then,” he said, and began to write.

I have come to the conclusion that the Multiverse is not, in fact, infinite.

Ashbringer had arrived.

“Alright. So all we know is that bad things are happening. No idea who’s doing them, no idea what else we have to work with. I do want to mention briefly the possibility there are no Eliminators, and either this is set up for the Gods Beyond’s amusement or something else is involved. But until we see something strange, I say assume things are standard alignment-wise.” Perhaps a bit of stating the obvious, but sometimes the obvious needed to be stated.”

“We also don’t have several luxuries. What to analyze. I have my classics, but it would be much easier to determine things if everyone votes each cycle. Vote analysis is hard with alignments, but there can still be patterns.”

He looked around. A lot of familiar faces. Some newer, some older, but only a few that were entirely new. He'd come a long way since LG66... that had been fun, but he'd been new and sometimes it showed. Always fear the KGB, or Pyro-Mage-TJ equivalent. But he could do this. Or could try.

“And if that doesn’t work, I’ve got a few tricks,” he said, holding out his hand. A beat. Two.

Then a large, straight sword with two indentations down the side appeared in his palm.

“See, I won a bet recently. But Faleast didn’t get Nale’s Honorblade,” Ashbringer said, grinning.

I did.

Ash paused. That fit. Was the Lamentation epigraph a bit much? Eh, it had been a while. And he had a few ideas what to do with it. This didn't seem like a time to try and get away with speaking in only RP, anyway.

He should probably go work on homework.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I do want to mention briefly the possibility there are no Eliminators, and either this is set up for the Gods Beyond’s amusement or something else is involved. But until we see something strange, I say assume things are standard alignment-wise.” Perhaps a bit of stating the obvious, but sometimes the obvious needed to be stated.”

I think the question is whether or not there are neutrals, not elims. Though I guess there could be neutral-evils and no elims. Depends how literally you take what rules Kas gave us :P.

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

“We also don’t have several luxuries. What to analyze. I have my classics, but it would be much easier to determine things if everyone votes each cycle. Vote analysis is hard with alignments, but there can still be patterns.”

I played a flipless MU game where the village swept the elims, minus one villager D1 (me >>). Might be worth looking what strategies that village used, though MU games are a whole different thing and I don't particularly want to comb through dozens of pages xD

How'd the village do in TJ's game? I remember that neutral!Devo won, but the village did alright, yeah?

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think the question is whether or not there are neutrals, not elims. Though I guess there could be neutral-evils and no elims. Depends how literally you take what rules Kas gave us :P.

How'd the village do in TJ's game? I remember that neutral!Devo won, but the village did alright, yeah?

I wouldn't put it past him to lie about that but we should assume there are elims unless roles etc. suggest otherwise.

Had the village killed me when they had the chance, they would have won.

(Side note - I’m not talking in quotes all game for actual game related things, as it quickly becomes complicated on mobile :P)

9 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I played a flipless MU game where the village swept the elims, minus one villager D1 (me >>). Might be worth looking what strategies that village used, though MU games are a whole different thing and I don't particularly want to comb through dozens of pages xD

I’m taking nothing for granted atm. We did have one old QF where the Village had to find out where deaths were coming from, where there weren’t actually Elims. But yeah, assume we can actually make progress here somehow.

That would be good to see… although MU scares me. I have a few ideas (mostly just looking at votes a lot) but the more the merrier.

The thing is we only had a real lead after Archer claimed he could ressurect people / had indications early of the fliplessness. Then Stick arsoned, V!Thaid killed two Villagers, and Devo claimed in one cycle and we were completely lost again. Kas and Aman went down the same turn and I was too dumbfounded to push through organization. (Though I tried to get Devo.)

TLDR, we were doing good, then we weren’t, then we were, then we weren’t, aaaaaah, please be organized.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

That would be good to see… although MU scares me. I have a few ideas (mostly just looking at votes a lot) but the more the merrier.

The thing is we only had a real lead after Archer claimed he could ressurect people / had indications early of the fliplessness. Then Stick arsoned, V!Thaid killed two Villagers, and Devo claimed in one cycle and we were completely lost again. Kas and Aman went down the same turn and I was too dumbfounded to push through organization. (Though I tried to get Devo.)

MU is scary :ph34r: Heck, I was like the lowest poster in that game. iirc. Not close to the highest, at least.

So TL;DR, look for weird claims? :P 

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

MU is scary :ph34r: Heck, I was like the lowest poster in that game. iirc. Not close to the highest, at least.

So TL;DR, look for weird claims? :P 

I got a semi weird claim for you. My role has something to do with the World Cup :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I got a semi weird claim for you. My role has something to do with the World Cup :ph34r:

I buy that tbh

1 minute ago, The Known Novel said:

You guys are horrible listeners, >.>

To be fair, you didn't set a very good example of that :eyes:

watching watching watching.... like googly eyes. left... then right... then left... then right. or maybe like crossing a road. why did mad watcher cross the road? because she was watching left and right and she felt compelled. 

cant rely on good ol gm to give us good or bad info when someone goes dead. so mad watcher go watching. 

why did all these players sign up? more than ag even. crazy people. 

anyways watching but by associationings. a whooooole record of who defend whom. who argued for whom. like so - 

Ashbringer Wizard Steeldancer Fadran Striker Xino JNV Matrim Biplet Araris Devotary Aman TUN Bookwyrm Tani Archer Walin TJ Danex Stick Orlok Random Sart Shining Fae
Ashbringer                                                  
Wizard                       XVD1                          
Steeldancer                                                  
Fadran               XVD1                                  
Striker                                                  
Xino   XVD1                                              
JNV                                                  
Matrim   XVD1                                              
Biplet                                                  
Araris         XVD1                                        
Devotary                               XVD1                  
Aman                                         XVD1        
TUN                                                  
Bookwyrm                                                  
Tani                                                  
Archer           XVD1                                      
Walin                                                  
TJ                                                  
Danex                                                  
Stick                                                  
Orlok                                                  
Random                                                  
Sart                                                  
Shining                                                  
Fae                                                  
X Opposing
& Supporting
V Vote
A Argument

ofc supporting doesnt mean both are baddies. and opposing does not have to mean baddies fighting goodies. but associationings taken in context with other stuff leads to *thumbs down* baddies :P. one of the ways to help in gm-boo-why-no-color games. 

ill vote for jnv. them very much anticipationing the cursed cat video means they are baddies!

[feel like im not doing og mad watcher much justice. og mad watcher the best mad watcher.]

Ayyy welcome back TJ! I approve of you honoring mad watcher, though that may not count for anything :P Good times, that game was. I remember suspecting wilson early on of being Bleeder based solely on the thought that Bleeder would go to an experienced player and not someone new. I was kinda right, but that doesn't mean the reasoning was reliable, after all, I did get Winsting...

Also, you should label your x axis and y axis :ph34r: Otherwise I could read your table as Wiz voting me, etc 

smh i promise that looks better in sheets.

53 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:
28 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

village rally to find e!archer. but after that iirc demon!devo killed all other elims. maybe not stick? maybe stick was also village killed? but yes demon!devo kills also a mechanic against flippilessness. 

46 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Had the village killed me when they had the chance, they would have won.

hmmmmmm stink fellow was very well hidden. 

28 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

you guyssss, amans a keeper :')

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Also, you should label your x axis and y axis :ph34r: Otherwise I could read your table as Wiz voting me, etc 

matty hiii yess its been too long :(. and yes  a&b != b&a :P.

Edited by |TJ|

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Player List:

Hide contents

16. @Archer as Archer, a player that's hellbent on PM spidering.

I'll vote on Archer for now, as PM spidering sounds like a recipe for constructing a botnet. Whether or not that is Archer's intention or not remains to be seen...

In any case, I may not be online more than once before the Day is over. In that case, I ready an action to drop my vote on Archer if there is a tie 20 hours before turnover (and in addition to readying an action, I will actually ask Steel to remind me irl to do so, because "readied actions" without posting on my own time is just another word for "foist responsibility onto others to write my action down for me").

------------------

Walin opened his computer. Yes, he had heard of these imposters taking over the--souls? bodies? accounts?--of his fellow SE members. While he had not spent much time on Sanderson Elimination in years, he knew he had an existing duty to save the others when they were in trouble. So he joined the investigation. On one hand, he only had the attention span to skim the analysis of others; he lacked the skill to analyze on his own or even to summarize the analysis of others. On the other hand, this skill had not rusted from disuse--and now he had newer cards to play than he had in the past. He knew how to drop large paragraphs into the thread, participate in the thread somewhat more often; how to propose a solution for Laplace's equation in an annular region. Well, on that last one he was perhaps a little rusty. But Walin cracked his knuckles in anticipation anyway, for he was on the hunt. And he was ready to cooperate with other, more skilled hunters, which was probably the more important part.

4 minutes ago, Walin said:

In that case, I ready an action to drop my vote on Archer if there is a tie 20 hours before turnover (and in addition to readying an action

To be clear, we can't accept conditional orders in this game.