Long Game 73: The Forgotten Coup

Sart

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I suppose it's worth asking, is there anyone that ignored the RNG defense plan N1? Knowing that can give us a better idea of the chances the Kas and/or Unknown are elims.

I admit I ignored it as I already have a list of actions I plan to take and so far, nothing has changed enough for me to divert from them.  Camp defense is on that list, just not on N1.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

I suppose it's worth asking, is there anyone that ignored the RNG defense plan N1? Knowing that can give us a better idea of the chances the Kas and/or Unknown are elims.

[OOC: Is this a good time to admit I ignored it? It's why I grabbed the chalk - I planned to Ward come hell or high water, so I figured I was better off grabbing chalk so I didn't have a net loss :P ]

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Is this a good time to admit I ignored it? It's why I grabbed the chalk - I planned to Ward come hell or high water, so I figured I was better off grabbing chalk so I didn't have a net loss :P ]

...so no one RNGd that they'd defend, huh. I guess it's probably a good thing Striker's arranging Defense. 

Also, @StrikerEZ if I see less than the promised Defense of 4, would you be willing to let us know which people said they would Defend? That way we can keep a close eye on them. It's easy enough to lie and say you were RBd : P

I will be teaching Araris a specialization tonight. It will be done via a training montage which culminates in a dramatic moment when they defeat me for the first time in a practice duel and I know that they are Ready. Alternatively:

"Hey, hey you! I'm a non Rithmatist and I even I know you're holding your chalk backwards!" 

Please don't roleblock me, villagers. I will also make the obvious observation that given the series of events that transpired, Illwei and TJ are very likely not an e/e pair because of their lack of coordination. Which is notable because TJ has been strongly supportive of Illwei otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Quinn0928 said:

...so no one RNGd that they'd defend, huh.

[OOC: I mean, honestly, I've historically never agreed with most of Araris's plans, especially the early ones, so he should probably have smelled a rat when I didn't say anything. I just got smarter about fighting over them while I'm supposed to be relaxed :P

Plus, as the last son of House Urbain, I just have a huge distrust of everyone so I wanted at least one person I knew for sure was Warding.] 

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

I will be teaching Araris a specialization tonight. It will be done via a training montage which culminates in a dramatic moment when they defeat me for the first time in a practice duel and I know that they are Ready. Alternatively:

"Hey, hey you! I'm a non Rithmatist and I even I know you're holding your chalk backwards!" 

Why not do both? The montage could start with that, after all :P

I'm paranoid that I'm gonna die to the NK tonight and I feel like I should post a final reads list or something but I don't actuallly... have any reads... yet... so ig I'm not doing that : P

Also, @StrikerEZ if I see less than the promised Defense of 4, would you be willing to let us know which people said they would Defend? That way we can keep a close eye on them. It's easy enough to lie and say you were RBd : P

Oh yeah, if that ends up happening, or we get overrun (hopefully not), I will definitely be letting people know who told me they were gonna use a LoW.

28 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: I mean, honestly, I've historically never agreed with most of Araris's plans, especially the early ones, so he should probably have smelled a rat when I didn't say anything. I just got smarter about fighting over them while I'm supposed to be relaxed :P

Plus, as the last son of House Urbain, I just have a huge distrust of everyone so I wanted at least one person I knew for sure was Warding.] 

Well, in retrospect the plan was pretty terrible, since apparently everyone just did their own thing. I would also object that you agreed to the plan, and a specific probability in the thread. I also had a perfectly good secondary plan, but mine didn't meet enough opposition to make it worth proposing.

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

Well, in retrospect the plan was pretty terrible, since apparently everyone just did their own thing. I would also object that you agreed to the plan, and a specific probability in the thread. I also had a perfectly good secondary plan, but mine didn't meet enough opposition to make it worth proposing.

What was it, out of curiosity?

Just now, Araris Valerian said:

[OOC: Yeah, I did. To a plan I never intended to follow through on, even :P I'm definitely getting terrible in my old age.

What's the secondary, out of curiosity, seeing you have a high defection rate anyway?]

1 minute ago, Quinn0928 said:

What was it, out of curiosity?

Similar to what the person in contact with Striker is doing. Let people who want to protect just do so, and then either claim in thread to have received a PM from a protecting player (this would be a lie), or PM a somewhat trusted player and ask them to say the same thing. We could get exactly 1 extra defend this way, and if the defenses got disrupted, it would narrow down potential leaks by quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Illwei and TJ

are very likely not an e/e pair because of their lack of coordination.

>>

I'm paranoid that I'm gonna die to the NK tonight and I feel like I should post a final reads list or something but I don't actuallly... have any reads... yet... so ig I'm not doing that : P

Smhmh

I think it would be nice if people told someone else, someone not striker, as well, to avoid any situations like LG72 >>

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I think it would be nice if people told someone else, someone not striker, as well, to avoid any situations like LG72 >>

[OOC: Obligatory: What are the odds that both Striker and your backup are Evil, amirite? >>

#MR1 #neverforget #sevenyearsbutstillbitter #sevenlongyears #youweremybrowyrm #itrustedyouren #stormyouaonar #foreverscarred #sartimholdingyouresponsibletoo #eventhoughyouneverwonmytrust #nevertrustagain #lastsonofurbain ]

Edited by Kasimir
needed to blame sart too

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Mat left the game, poof. info.

Oh I thought you meant just the issue with having only one person have that information is that then it's easier for them to lie? But ig that wouldn't work so well in this case.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[OOC: Obligatory: What are the odds that both Striker and your backup are Evil, amirite? >>

I mean. We can choose someone that most or all of us think is village? idk.

Edit: *facepalm* just have @StrikerEZ tell @Archer! There's no Shadowblaze in play yet so we can at least trust Archer not to lie.

Edited by Quinn0928

10 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

I mean. We can choose someone that most or all of us think is village? idk.

NO DO NOT COORDINATE WHO YOU TELL

just

tell someone

u trust

do not

be like

"yo guys so striker's 1 who's gonna be 2"

no

EDIT:

10 minutes ago, Quinn0928 said:

Edit: *facepalm* just have @StrikerEZ tell @Archer! There's no Shadowblaze in play yet so we can at least trust Archer not to lie.

I

please

please tell me this is a joke

Edited by Illwei

12 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

#MR1 #neverforget #sevenyearsbutstillbitter #sevenlongyears #youweremybrowyrm #itrustedyouren #stormyouaonar #foreverscarred #sartimholdingyouresponsibletoo #eventhoughyouneverwonmytrust #nevertrustagain #lastsonofurbain

So many memories right there.

Just now, Quinn0928 said:

Er... no? It's not?

Quinn

Striker can go ahead and tell Archer if he wants, but people should still tell a second person that they trust. Problems?

1) Striker is an Elim and isn't trustworthy
2) Something happens to both Archer and Striker
3) Archer will be hearing it from striker and not the people directly idk I just don't like that

so like

people

please just tell a second person or something

6 minutes ago, Illwei said:

please just tell a second person or something

[OOC: Agreed. Confirmed Good in a game with conversion roles depends on the player. Some players play to maximal current wincon, going to the extent of sabotaging themselves on a future conversion. This was Alv and Sart in QF4 (magnificent plays, both of you) and Awes and Wilson @ me in LG6. And Hellscythe in LG15b.

Some players prefer to hedge their bets because they don't want to sabotage themselves if they do get converted. Both are acceptable playstyles and you don't know which Archer is bringing to bear. Having intel pass into enemy hands is always worth thinking hard about and I'm watching Striker carefully.]

Edited by Kasimir