Mafia Championships 2024 Rep  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to represent our community at the mafia championships this year?

• DrakeMarshall
    • Experience

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/24 at 03:58 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Accepted Nominations
 - Stick
 - Striker
 - Drake

Pending Nominations
 - @|TJ|

Declined Nominations

- Araris
 - Mat
 - Fifth Scholar
 - Ashbringer

I'd reccomend Nominations close in a week to give one/two weeks for voting. People wanting earlier slots should want the rep to be chosen ASAP so they can get them if chosen, like @StrikerEZ

Edited by Illwei

I just wanted to say that my availability has changed a little since I initially accepted, but I'm still free to do it. I won't be available May 30-June 5, June 11-24, and probably July 28-August 2. Any other time would work for me!

The nominees are

@StrikerEZ
@DrakeMarshall
@_Stick_

I recommend the poll go up as soon as possible since the first of the games will start early may/end of april, and if those are optimal spots for people then it would be good to give them a chance to grab them!

If there are any last minute nominations then get them in, but otherwise the poll goes up tomorrow!

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone congratulate @_Stick_ on receiving the nomination! I’m excited to see her represent our community in the Mafia Universe Championships! Everyone wish her luck. And if you’re so willing, feel free to send her a gift to take into the Champs. She can have my Shield of the Lynch, if she wants that burden. :P

21 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Thanks guys! I'll try not to embarrass the subforum. xD I'd really appreciate advice from previous reps (and others who've played on MU before because I sure haven't!).

So what do I do now?

Well, if you've watched any of the previous games, you know that people on MU like to post a lot. But most of it is fluff, so don't get overwhelmed. Taking advantage of their ISO feature will help a lot in this regard. One nice thing about the high activity is that you can engage back and forth with other players regularly, which we don't tend to do much.

You'll also may end up with some pretty aggressive/hyper-competitive players in your game, so be prepared for that and consider how you want to potentially engage with it.

The early game voting will probably not look like it does around here, but that won't matter past D1.

I bequeath to you the Porch of Chilling, for when things aren't going great and you just need to sit and break for a while. You can also borrow my stash of Honorblades if you need to do some stabbing :P.

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

Thanks guys! I'll try not to embarrass the subforum. xD I'd really appreciate advice from previous reps (and others who've played on MU before because I sure haven't!).

So what do I do now?

Expect playstyle clash. Expect an amount of ruthlessness far greater than that of the shard. Expect to suddenly not be among the most active players :P 

Dont really know whats going on but take these quokkas for deployment in dangerous situations

Heres one for when youre under heavy fire just be like 'who me' 

Spoiler

quokkahub-smile-daxon.jpg

Heres one for happy friendly times

Spoiler

what-is-quokka.jpg?quality=82&strip=all

Heres one for when youre getting away with mischief

Spoiler

quokka-leaf-smile-cute.jpg

Heres one to give a big hug thats definitely not murder

Spoiler

63eed789905d8_Screenshot2023-02-13174347.png.e4a8ba05e399ee97648334e2a85e4a16.png

And heres one for when the murder really isnt going your way 

Spoiler

Quokka-Ry-Beaver-ALA-2-1200x900.jpg

Edited by JNV

22 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

So what do I do now?

Do you know when your game begins?

Araris and Mat essentially covered everything about the MU / Championship climate, I think. That said, I have the utmost confidence in you, and thus bestow my lucky Wild Card. With it, I believe you’ll be able to reach the semis, and hopefully the finals too!

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Do you know when your game begins?

Araris and Mat essentially covered everything about the MU / Championship climate, I think. That said, I have the utmost confidence in you, and thus bestow my lucky Wild Card. With it, I believe you’ll be able to reach the semis, and hopefully the finals too!

Not yet, though I'm hoping to grab a slot in the furthest possible game (probably June) cuz of uni and potential overseas travelling 

Thanks! xD I'll be lucky to survive D1

Should you have need of it, I bequeath upon you Drake's Two Boxings. This mystical set of coinage is rumored to aid the wielder in performing a variety of useful actions, including but not limited to:

• Sharing information that is confidently and completely incorrect
  • Bribing corrupt officials
  • Wagering on long odds
  • Steelpushing coinage through the hearts of the unworthy
  • Making decisions where the number of possible outcomes is a power of 2

I have faith that you will be a splendid representative.

Knock em dead and have fun while doing it.

I lend you my scarf, to keep you from being beheaded (it's very thick). It is also warm and cute and will make others trust you more*

--

As for MU there's not really much you can say to prepare you

I reccomend though asking for the least amount of aggression in the form if it's still an option, you end up in much less...competitive? (If that's possible) Games with lower posters. 

If you don't, don't be surprised to see people hit 200+ posts in d1. 

Oh yeah also

Eod times matter

Maybe you've already got that but

Try to get one that you can consistently show up for, because that's most of the time when everyone shows up at once to finalize things.  It can move fast and be overwhelming, but should you happen to rand elim you will most likely need to be there at eod to play damage control of some sort if that's the right word

*illwei assumes zero (0) responsibility for any mishaps while in possession of the scarf. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! I see Stick has given the link above, but I'll do the official little message anyway.

I’m just stopping by to say that Stick's ‘Mafia Championships’ game has started over on Mafia Universe! You can follow the game at Stick's link above.

And if anyone wants to come join people from other communities spectating their own representatives, we have a spectator chat on Discord too! We play along, make predictions, make fun of I mean, uh, cheer on the participants, etc. The tournament is intended as a social event to bring communities together so everyone here is welcome to join! That can be found here. Stick has been active there for awhile so lots of people know her and are watching with interest!

Anyway, good luck Stick! Personally, I love seeing a Sanderson fan site rep do well (hi Illwei).