Night 2: Surprise Shot

Dr. Walker Curtis was surrounded. Everyone had decided that he had killed Perseus because he was a government agent. Forget that they all had agreed on it, the doctor had been the one to do the cutting. Walker started yelling at Taniel Two-Shot. Two-shot had been strange. He had told everyone that Mr. D is a Blood Tyrant and then never spoke up again, only shooting off bullets into the distance at random.

Dr. Curtis managed to sway some of the Portlanders to go for Two-shot instead of himself, two groups forming. One circled the doctor and the other around the shooter. The self-styled “Star Thief” alone was yelling at Lady E, who hadn’t done much.

As Dr. Curtis finally thought he had managed to get everyone to kill Two-shot, Taniel himself whipped out a pistol and drove a bullet straight through the doctor’s head. Walker Curtis fell to the ground, chest heaving, as Taniel laughed at the sudden switch in death. Everyone left to their chosen buildings for the night, save five souls who decided to brave the streets.

Dr. Walker Curtis(Wonko) was lynched! He is now in limbo.

Votes:
Dr. Walker Curtis (3): Aman, Pam(Rae), and Taniel(StrawMan)
Taniel Two-Shot (3): Dr. Walker Curtis, Matthew(Lopen)
Lady E (1): Star Thief(SilverDragon)
Lamoni/Lyric (1)

Pony(SilverBlade) was an Evanescent Banker Regular.

Alv is joining the game to replace the Drunk that replaced Honor Spren!

Mr. D, Lady E, Citona, Lamoni, Kippy are all spending the night on the streets!

You can now send in night actions. PMs are on the way! If you did not make your Cycle 2 PM during the day, you may make it during the night.

blu_1458079200.png

Edited by Alvron

Either Lopen or Curtis was in the city hall because one of their votes counted twice!

Sanderfans, I have found out that vin and elend are in the suvudu cage match! Quickly, cast your vote at http://suvudu.com/2016/03/cage-match-2016-round-2-roland-deschain-and-jake-chambers-vs-vin-and-elend-venture.html

Edited by ThatTinyStrawMan

Either Lopen or Curtis was in the city hall because one of their votes counted twice!

Oh. I totally hadn't even realized about that. Wonko was in there. Which means that Elodins vote didn't count. Huh. I don't think it could have been from a Gambler, as they remove votes if someone has an odd number of votes on them and adds a vote if there's an even amount, meaning that if a Gambler had targeted Strawman, he would have had 5 votes on him instead of removing Elodins vote.

Or an extremely lucky gambler :ph34r:

Like I said in my ninja of this post, I don't think that's even a possibility.

So could we get who's in what room? Also, with 5 players in the Streets, I'd say there's a high chance that's where the GA kill will be.

Also, Silverblade was a Banker. It's impossible for the GA's to have known he was the Banker on the first Night, so it was either a lucky shot or they guessed he was the Banker based on his comments about sending Points to Bankers. Either way, that's not good.

Edit: Just in case it wasn't clear, me and STINK are at the Pub. That's all.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

I'm in the Warehouse with BurntSpaghetti, Sart, and PK.

The GAs will probably go for who the best bet for Bankers are and that seems to include anyone who may post something about potentially being one. So Ada Aman I recommend that you get some protection on yourself your banker contact because it doesn't seem like they are being very secretive of their role.

Well. This is the problem with travelling and 24-hour turnovers. I'm only on after turnover, but sometimes I think I might be on beforehand and wait to put in orders... and then I'm not. Gah. Unfortunately, I'm one of the more high profile players on the Streets (because everyone else who is there is actually inactive, as opposed to just having a terrible schedule). So unless they decide to go after Kipper or a building (which doesn't seem smart), I'm in danger. Hmph. (And yes, it's an IKYK now. That was intentional.)

Edited because I didn't finish my sentence.

Edited by Elbereth

Well. This is the problem with travelling and 24-hour turnovers. I'm only on after turnover, but sometimes I think I might be on beforehand and wait to put in orders... and then I'm not. Gah. Unfortunately, I'm one of the more high profile players on the Streets (because everyone else who is there is actually inactive, as opposed to just having a terrible schedule). So unless they decide to go after Kipper or a building (which doesn't seem smart), I'm in danger. Hmph. (And yes, it's an IKYK now. That was intentional.)

Edited because I didn't finish my sentence.

So you're asking for protection? I have a contact that I can ask for use to protect you, if you think it would be beneficial.

I mean... Protection is always nice. But I made it into an IKYK deliberately, so that eliminators would be less likely to go after me. If I ask for that protection in thread, the eliminators will just go after someone else. So don't arrange protection in thread, and unless someone PMs you and asks for protection from your contact, they should just use their power on whoever they judge best.

Seeing as I don't know who I'm stepping in for I'm going to take the name 'The Shadow'  I thought about using Honorsprens name but that might confuse those that were on the same side as them beforehand and there is no guarantee that I am on that gang.  Good news, I'm drunk.  Bad news, I have no idea who my teammates are.  Good news, It could be any of you so there is no reason to kill me, right?

Hic*

The Shadow opened his eyes only to find that the whole world was swaying from side to side while somehow also spinning around and around and around.

"HLEEAAHHHurkurkBLLEAAHH"  The contents of The Shadows stomach suddenly decorated both the pavement and the front of The Shadows shirt.

He wasn't sure how long he had been laying in the gutter but at least he still had his wallet.  Not that there was anything in there.

Okay, I'm back back and I'm going to go over all the stuff I missed, just in case. 

Let's start with the vote on Phatt. First off, why is no one talking about that bandwagon (that cost us a Commander in one of the gangs)? All throughout the day, it was never brought back up, even though it seems pretty clear to me that it was a sudden push on a player for very little reasoning. In fact, the only real reason given was that they didn't want to kill Lopen; someone that I'm not sure isn't a GA as is. 

Then there's this from Clanky

So I figure that I should explain myself as to why I voted for phatt. Firstly I wasn't aware of the rule that calls for a random to be killed in case of ties, if I had known that I probably wouldn't have voted for phatt. Basically in this game with factions being an integral part I didn't want to have anyone in my faction killed unless we are basically sure that they are a GA. So I was actually hoping to have a tie in the lynch so that nobody would die this cycle and we wouldn't have to lynch anyone until we had a chance to learn factions. Obviously that didn't work out but that was why I wanted to do it.

The problem here is that he said this at the beginning of the night turn. And that it's blatantly false. Even before his vote, Maill clarified what happens in a tie vote: 

2 votes are the minimum to lynch someone. A tied lynch results in a coin flip between the two.

So either he missed it, even though multiple people brought it up before his vote, or he's lying about his reasoning. And yet no one called him on it. Why not? I'm thinking that the GAs hoped that we had just missed it and they weren't about to bring up themselves.

Beyond that, a lot of what he's added to the conversation since hasn't been all that helpful. As Elb pointed out, my plan was only for the first night and it was side tracked by Clanky's plan to use the PMs; a plan that will guarantee that some of the GAs will wind up getting a PM from someone else in their gang and can use that to leverage more information. 

As far as the hit on Blade goes, I think that the GAs, as Lopen and Clanky (what a weird coincidence!) pointed out, must have guessed that she was a Banker and that's the only reason that I wasn't attacked last night. Well, that and the possibility that I would have protection, but since we're all still trying to figure out who is in our respective gangs (something that wouldn't have been the case if we had all followed my plan), if I were them, I would've still been willing to chance it. 

Bankers, be careful about who you wind up revealing to! As I said above, with Clanky's plan, the GAs likely will be in contact with people within their gang. They very well could be who you already have a PM with even!

I'd also like to address Aman. You're mixing up a lot of information in your posts.

First and foremost, you didn't like either of the plans laid forth on the first day. In fact, your reasoning for one of them was basically that it hindered the GAs too much! Part of our job as Villagers is to try to make things as hard on the Eliminators as possible. It's what causes them to slip up and let us find them. Then, you were unwilling to take part in the vote, but if you did, you'd come down on the side of siding with Lopen; which, as I've said before, was a suspicious turn in the voting, IMO. 

You messed up the meeting locations of the gangs for another and then tried to use that to cast suspicion on me:

Mostly I'm voting for you, Meta, because of your reduced activity last turn. During the night phase I expressed (and explained to Rae) the cause of my suspicions towards you. I've now taken note of the fact that you were both a part of the group of players who had the opportunity to kill SilverBlade and that you were the one who proposed people choose their faction HQ as their location but you yourself went to a neutral location instead. I can't help but wonder why that was and what's going on in your head right now.

The Gov Building was the location for one of the gangs to meet (Yes, I'm a Blood Tyrant). I went to where my gang was supposed to be because I believed it was our best bet to solidify the gangs in a way that left the Bankers free to use their points to hunt for GAs. 

Also, to answer your question about activity, I did say that I was likely going to be less active early on even before the game started. As I've said a few times now, I should have a lot more free time from here on out. 

As far as your concerns from the previous night:

Just based off their interaction. I mean, it's more likely that both are innocent, but if I had to choose Meta would be the evil one for proposing a plan that benefited the faction aspect of this game over the elimination / would make the eliminator a job easier / denounced a player with a plan that would really maximize the efficiency of the village without mentioning the moral aspect of it.

I was the one to suggest that all the gangs work together, remember? How does my plan benefit the faction aspect more than catching the GAs when my entire plan was to catch all of the GAs first? Also, how are you going to say that my plan was making the GAs' job easier and then go against a plan based on the fact that it makes the GAs' job harder?

I'm not saying that I'm suspicious of you just yet, but you do seem to be twisting things into pretzels here to paint me as suspicious. 

I'm also very curious as to how you supposedly know who your Snitch is, but don't have a PM with them yet. If someone told you that in a PM, then they wouldn't be able to have a PM with the Snitch unless they were the Snitch. Unless you got that information from another Eliminator?

So, I think that about covers everything. If I missed something, feel free to ask away. I'd typically wait until the day turn before going off like this (or at least wait until nearer to the end of the turn), but I've already been gone for longer than I would've liked before saying anything (plus I still have a trick or two up my sleeve, in case the GAs do want to have a go at me ;) ). 

EDIT: Aman; how are you supposedly in contact with your Banker when Silverblade is dead? Are you claiming you have two Bankers? Either you're lying or the person claiming so to you is.....

Edited by Metacognition