You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you listen to a song, and the lyrics go "Your strength is my weakness", and you immediately think "Stormlight reference!"

As I already knew, the song was released in 1995, 7 years before even Way of Kings Prime existed. 

Ykyasfw you are playing a goalie in soccer and your heart beats so fast that your thinking I could summon a shardblade in about 3 seconds...(This was me last night)

17 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

*fear*

Your power... it is far too great...

4 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

YKYASFW you decide to reread SA and finish it ALL in four days.

I could in about a week and a half

7 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

YKYASFW you decide to reread SA and finish it ALL in four days.

Simple: Replace sleep with Stormlight. If a Radiant can do it so can I. 

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Simple: Replace sleep with Stormlight. If a Radiant can do it so can I. 

This has the same energy as that video with the British lady in her pool saying “I’m not gonna give up yet! If fish can live underwater, then so can I!”

I play softball and I think to myself "Pick up the ball with your freehand! Not your safehand"

On 6/9/2024 at 9:54 AM, YouKnowYuno said:

YNYASF - when you start reading a Sanderson book without reading time and eventually you look over and realize its 3 in the morning.  

This, except I was finishing Rhythm of War and when I was done it was 5:30am and I somehow had subluxated (partially dislocated) my shoulder. 

I am okay, my shoulder is currently where it's supposed to be

On 7/3/2024 at 8:12 PM, reisleK said:

I play softball and I think to myself "Pick up the ball with your freehand! Not your safehand"

This, except I was finishing Rhythm of War and when I was done it was 5:30am and I somehow had subluxated (partially dislocated) my shoulder. 

I am okay, my shoulder is currently where it's supposed to be

i did the same thing for Rhythm of War in particular except instead of dislocating my shoulder, i jammed two of my fingers bad while trying to put the book back on my shelf at 4:28am

On 7/5/2024 at 10:38 AM, YouKnowYuno said:

i did the same thing for Rhythm of War in particular except instead of dislocating my shoulder, i jammed two of my fingers bad while trying to put the book back on my shelf at 4:28am

Rhythm of War is out there causing injuries

RoW might not need it but he 5-book-box-set-that-i sure-hope-will-exist-soon is gonna need specialized shipping at least. 

YKYASFWY read research papers on metals and relate all of the elements back to mistborn

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

YKYASFWY read research papers on metals and relate all of the elements back to mistborn

When on your chemistry test you have to "name an alloy" so you name the following:

Bendalloy, Duralium, and Electrum 

12 hours ago, reisleK said:

When on your chemistry test you have to "name an alloy" so you name the following:

Bendalloy, Duralium, and Electrum 

Hopefully they don't mark you down for misspelling Duralumin (TOW). Any reason you didn't do all eight (Steel, Brass, Bronze, Pewter, Nicrosil)?

7 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Hopefully they don't mark you down for misspelling Duralumin (TOW). Any reason you didn't do all eight (Steel, Brass, Bronze, Pewter, Nicrosil)?

I think I had Nicrosil and maybe Bronze there too, but I wanted the more random ones because I found it amusing. I spelled Duralumin that way because in my head it's pronounced dur-ay-lee-um (dunno where that idea came from)

5 hours ago, reisleK said:

I think I had Nicrosil and maybe Bronze there too, but I wanted the more random ones because I found it amusing. I spelled Duralumin that way because in my head it's pronounced dur-ay-lee-um (dunno where that idea came from)

Yeah, easy to mistake when you expect the "ium" ending or do not know it is Aluminum + Dur and - um. . . 

Durable Aluminum* - Dur alumin

*not really - that's just how I remember it

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG