You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

15 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

YKYASFW when your friend offhandedly mentions that they are a hypocrite and you reflexively quote Dalinar before you have even processed what they have just said.

TWoK spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

"Sometimes a hypocrite is just a man who is in the process of changing" -One of my favourite quotes in The Way of Kings

NO WAY! I DO THAT SO MUCH! and then they were like "oh thats really profound". and i explain with a finish that they should read the stormlight archives.

23 hours ago, Faerie Braids said:

YKYASFW when your friend offhandedly mentions that they are a hypocrite and you reflexively quote Dalinar before you have even processed what they have just said.

TWoK spoilers

Hide contents

"Sometimes a hypocrite is just a man who is in the process of changing" -One of my favourite quotes in The Way of Kings

I have done this. In fact, I have referred to myself as a hypocrite in Dalinar's sense multiple times.

YKYASFW virtually every example of good writing you cite when giving writing advice comes from one of Sanderson's books.

10 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

YKYASFW you sleep with a stuffed boomslug. 

My Uncle, who hasn't read the Cytoverse, and my aunt, who hasn't read any Sanderson (yet), got their kids, who are much too young for Sanderson, taynix plushes, and let's just say my cousins loved them. (And the inquisi-tater I made, but that's another story.)

Okay storytime :) 

I'm in The Crucible right now. The guy who plays John Procter (the main character) is 6'5". The most famous line of the show is where he screams "God is dead!" 

...BUT. For some reason, there was a glittery spear backstage. And so he was playing around with it today, and when he said that line he snapped the spear up and looked me dead in the eye. And I fell over and died, because my brain heard "Honor is dead" and saw Kaladin.

So, uh, YKYASFW that happens :D 

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Okay storytime :) 

I'm in The Crucible right now. The guy who plays John Procter (the main character) is 6'5". The most famous line of the show is where he screams "God is dead!" 

...BUT. For some reason, there was a glittery spear backstage. And so he was playing around with it today, and when he said that line he snapped the spear up and looked me dead in the eye. And I fell over and died, because my brain heard "Honor is dead" and saw Kaladin.

So, uh, YKYASFW that happens :D 

What was his response?

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Well you see...

He's read plenty of Sanderson. So (from the floor) I kinda snorted "Honor" under my breath and he laughed.

Hahaha! Reminds me of the day I found out my manager is a Sanderfan. Love it!

14 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

...stars, that's tragic. You poor non-Utahns. 

Very poor. I’d give much to have a sharder in my town. Once my brother gets back, there will be one for a brief time.

YKYASF when you drop a Stick joke on a group date to see if anyone’s read Sanderson.

Wait a second... what happened to the "Part 2"? Were the threads merged or was that a fever dream or something? 

That was there right??

Edit: I just saw there are like nearly 100 more pages so I'm pretty sure the thread was just merged with its original and I'm not crazy. 

YKYASFW your friend has these dice that a cloudy grey and white with one random streak of iridescent blue and you say that they look like windspren in a highstorm and can't stop looking at them the whole session and are seriously considering buying them off him even though you can't really afford it.

You can kind of see them in the background of this photo if I zoom in, they look so much cooler in person.

Spoiler

dice.png.8c3913f64ea14e395baa9eea2d0c0e5f.png

And the Singer dice in the front. He hasn't read Stormlight so he was very confused.

Edited by Cinnamon

On 1/17/2024 at 3:40 AM, Cinnamon said:

Wait a second... what happened to the "Part 2"? Were the threads merged or was that a fever dream or something? 

That was there right??

Edit: I just saw there are like nearly 100 more pages so I'm pretty sure the thread was just merged with its original and I'm not crazy. 

I merged them, you're not crazy! 

YKYASW you get new bookshelves for your birthday and the first thing put on them is your Sanderson collection :D 

YKYASFW your English teacher is (referring to Shakespeare) talking about how sometimes it's hard to believe that one person could really write so many incredible things, and you start thinking about the Sando...

On 1/20/2024 at 11:22 PM, AonEne said:

When you think of Skyward Legacy every time someone in Hamilton sings the word 'legacy'. 

Legacy, what is a legacy? Slugs, probably 😆

"It's planting [slugs] in a garden you'll never get to see"

On 1/21/2024 at 5:22 PM, AonEne said:

When you think of Skyward Legacy every time someone in Hamilton sings the word 'legacy'. 

Legacy, what is a legacy? Slugs, probably 😆

I just got my little bro to watch Hamilton for the first time yesterday (he loved it, 1|0 me) and I saw this comment just before we watched it and then all I could think of was doomslugs! Thanks Ene :P