You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Well, besides that Wh40k has a "soft" magic system while cosmere is mostly "hard-coded", there are some similarities... but i guess the "shards" in Wh40k are a lot more abstract and there is no spiritual realm. Also, even Hemalurgy is not as "messy" as most magic systems in WH40k...

A valid point, although I suppose Awakening would too look quite abstract to people who only started to explore it. Basically I figured there were two Shards, Order and Chaos, that were shattered quite spectacularly a Long Long Time Ago, with daemons being Splinters of Chaos and Splinters of Honor manifesting when they possess Imperial Saints etc., with the Emperor being a holder of huge Order Splinter akin to Stormfather... Slaanesh would be a Splinter that would come about by Eldar unwittingly bringing together too many Chaos Splinters, which made them coalesce and "reforge" into a bigger Splinter. There'd be three magic systems, with warpcraft being Chaos magic, possession being Order magic and rituals being joint magic. Perpetuality would come from some people being born with too much Connection to their Physical aspects...

... sorry for the rant. I could really go on about it, I've put waaay too much thought into it. Yep, the Spiritual Realm was what had me stumped.

Back on topic of the thread:

You know you're a Sanderfan when you're listening to the radio and judging what moment the song currently going on would be the best soundtrack for. 

When, despite having a good memory for anything you read, you go back and re-read the novels (perhaps multiple times, yes) because being more aware of the Cosmere's interactions means spotting things you didn't know to watch for the last time.

When you buy the Kindle version of books you own hardcopies of for ease of reading without fear of damaging the book by falling asleep and dropping it awkwardly. Instead you just take a Kindle to the face.

When you have nightmares about seeing symbol headed creatures in a strange land.

Then you wake up in  cold sweat, listening to the sounds of the storm outside.

You go to the window to open it....and lightning flashes, outlining the silhouette of a strange primitive 2D being that looks like a chalk Egyptian hieroglyph.

You then proceed to run away screaming something about Shadesmar and Rithmatic lines.

Then you wake up and realise it was all a dream.

True story

When you misread "write sec d in terms of sin d" as "write sec d in terms of Sanderson", then proceed to do just that:

S is for Stormlight

E is for Elantris

C is for Cosmere

A is for Awakeners

N is for Nalthis

T is for Tineye

When a teacher asks you to write a metaphor beginning with "life is like..." and you proceed to make up the worst but almost-making-sense one you can. (Life is like an anglerfish who finds he's been at a disco party this whole time. [Just your own light for the longest time until, wow, it's a disco party, and disco parties have a lot of colorful light and people, so you're not alone.]) Plus said teacher said it was brilliant. I highly doubt she's read Reckoners.

When somebody says "Brandon said it's ..." (another Brandon) and you think they're talking about Sanderson.