You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you spend a half hour going through all of Brandon's books on Goodreads and adding them as to-reads or giving them ratings and consider it a wonderful use of your time.

In addition, when every video game animal you catch/tame/unlock is named after the cosmere in some way, sometimes without realizing it. (For example, naming one of your horses in Breath of the Wild "Amara" and realizing weeks later you accidently named a line of code after Amaram and mentally smack yourself.)

When you get your entire family hooked on Skyward. Everyone from your brother who's in elementary school to your parents. (Both of my parents have also tried the Cosmere, but they didn't enjoy it too much.)

When you're doing econ HW and have to write out the graph axis names and you write "real gross domestic product" and think of 1) what Wit would say about that and 2) what Lightsong said to that other Returned about not wanting to hear any secrets involving him (the other Returned, not Lightsong) and a privy.

When the red squiggly lines under Cosmere words no longer bother you. Mostly.

When you dream that you're reading SA, and see Hrathen going out on a trip to help a Stormblessed. I know that makes no sense but the worst part is that I was aware of it, and was waiting to read the clever explanation. 

When you hear there's a metallurgist in the ward and want to talk to her because... well, metallurgy!

You know your sister's a sanderfan when you say (speaking of a pond) "It's misting." and she says "What metal does it have?"

Edited by Tani

When you plan to do your senior project on evaluating the themes present in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere so then you can continue binging the Cosmere, but get credit for it while you are at it

Edited by GoWibble

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

When you plan to do your senior project on evaluating the themes present in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere so then you can continue binging the Cosmere, but get credit for it while you are at it

Relatable, I've done something very similar. My extended essay is about how mental health/illness affects character development, and I'm using (WOT)

Spoiler

Rand

and Shallan as examples

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

Relatable, I've done something very similar. My extended essay is about how mental health/illness affects character development, and I'm using (WOT)

Reveal hidden contents

Rand

and Shallan as examples

If anyone is familiar with it, it's for my AP Research class. So a bit more than an essay, but cool