Serious mode engaged.

Faliu crept around the houses of the fancy people to try to get a good look at the amazing hammer of awesomeness.  Someone had to have found it.  Was it him?  Or him?  Or her?  Someone was hiding a legendary war hammer underneath their cloak.  Probably with great difficulty.

The twinborn of the village were not fighting like the title of "war" suggested.  They were slinking around, talking in groups with hushed voices or strutting about with knives or coins in their hands.  Some war, huh?

Faliu quietly sneaked around a building, they had actual buildings in the fancy part of town,  and searched the crowd that had gathered.  All of them had been trying to find the hammer.  One of them did.  Many of them had only simple cloaks, but Faliu was way more prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.  He had his hat.  A priceless family heirloom he just found in a dumpster.

Now Faliu was just wondering where was that ostich?

Edited by Feligon

Rolan tipped the bucket of acid on the green marble headstone that previously had marked the grave of Dow.  Only now it had been discovered that Sheol had been the one that die. More work.  As if I don't already have enough to do.

"Give it a couple of minutes then scrap off the remaining glue Jain."

Turning to the two other headstones Rolan sighed.  Four deaths in three days and it looked like there would be another before the day was done.

A few hours later and the headstones were all carved and ready to be taken to their final resting place.  Strangely all of them were supposedly the last words of the ones they marked.

Here Lies Axies
The one who killed me was... *hurk*

Lord Mattias Mountford
I regret nothiiinnnngg!

Forever remembered:
Sheol and his parting words
This is NOT what I had in mind when I said, “Over my dead body!

Two votes on Winter in quick succession?  Nah, that doesn't seems suspicious at all.  Araris, why did you place a vote on Winter?  We saw last day round that just one vote is enough to lynch someone so a second isn't necessary.

Then he felt the blade slide between his ribs.  Axies fell to the ground.  As the life bled out of him, he heard the hemalurgist snicker, as if trying to keep a laugh in at an inappropriate time.  The strange thought lingered in Axies' mind until his heart stopped beating.  

Axies was explicitly killed by a hemalurgist. Joe and Luckat's attackers were also referred to this way, so this is definitely the Spiked kill. Mountford was killed by a villager.

So what do we know about Axies?

-He PMed just about everyone in the game asking about their powers. I have reason to believe he was the person to attempt to spike someone in night 2.

-He had Allomantic bronze

Taken together, these two are rather interesting. Seeking can distinguish between normal and hemalurgic powers. We've been assuming the would-be hemalurgist just went for anyone with the right power, but what if that's not the case? If Axies used Allomantic bronze the first night - which was an excellent opportunity, so he probably did - he would have known some of the Hemalurgic powers in use. Matching that up with power claims from his PMs, he would have had a decent chance of picking a Spiked as his target. Kwon?

Kirrah stared hard at the sketch before her. She'd mostly forgotten the dream, but with this drawing, she could hang on to a few important details. The symbol wasn't correct - she was certain of that much - but it was close, and she'd managed to hold the lines straight despite her shaking hand. She pinned the paper to the wall in front of her. There was a mystery here, and she was going to get to the bottom of it. But how did this tie in to Gund and the Trellists? She'd have to go through the letters again.

Still, she couldn't let the Trellists think she'd caught on to them. She slung her banjo around her neck and pushed out into the street, playing as she walked. (Her left hand couldn't quite keep up with her right, but that was what practice was for, after all.) Outside, the banjo drew surprised looks, and everyone seemed to suddenly find a reason to walk quickly away from her.

Hmm. Perhaps she was playing a bit too loudly.

Reducing the volume, Kirrah found she could hear the voice of a crier ahead, and walked towards them. The words resolved themselves.

"...warhammer, Hazecrusher! This ancient relic isn't affected by Allomancy, because it's made of solid aluminium! This fearsome relic..."

"What?" She punctuated the word with a discordant strum. "Aluminium is lightweight and malleable! It would be a terrible material to make a warhammer from! No, I think you're mistaken - its far more likely to me made of stone. And wood. With a bit of aluminium to hold it together. Actually, wood would decay, would it not? So - "

The crier glared at her. "Does it matter what it's made of? It's allomantically inert and deadly, and it's been found! That's the important part!"

"Of course it matters! You see, if..." Kirrah continued, grinning. It was much harder to ignore her with a banjo to back her up.

I voted for Winter because votes don't really mean much when there is only one on any given person. Also, quick succession and 2.5 hours aren't really the same thing. I don't think Scadrial has moles, but somebody is making an ashmount out of a molehill. I think a person not sleeping is against the best interests of the village. Personally, I propose that we lynch anyone that refuses to sleep each night since the eliminators are going to be able to use extra actions much more efficiently for their goals than we can, and if we catch a bunch of people not voting in sequence then we have found the spiked.

Axies was explicitly killed by a hemalurgist. Joe and Luckat's attackers were also referred to this way, so this is definitely the Spiked kill. Mountford was killed by a villager.

So what do we know about Axies?

-He PMed just about everyone in the game asking about their powers. I have reason to believe he was the person to attempt to spike someone in night 2.

-He had Allomantic bronze

Taken together, these two are rather interesting. Seeking can distinguish between normal and hemalurgic powers. We've been assuming the would-be hemalurgist just went for anyone with the right power, but what if that's not the case? If Axies used Allomantic bronze the first night - which was an excellent opportunity, so he probably did - he would have known some of the Hemalurgic powers in use. Matching that up with power claims from his PMs, he would have had a decent chance of picking a Spiked as his target. Kwon?

Axies confirmed to me that it was him who attempted to spike. He thought that he was attacking a spiked because allomantic bronze can't distinguish between spiked hemalurgy and kandra blessings. 

I can confirm. Before the attack, Phatt contacted me, offering to tell me his allomancy in exchange for my feruchemy. He expanded it a few posts later, offering his feruchemy instead. He did not, however, offer to let me tell my allomancy; this should have been a clue. I agreed, and he told me he was a seeker in exchange for my feruchemy. Later, after the attack, I demanded answers; he replied with this:

Look at my perspective... you have an AWESOME power I can steal... It's nothing against you personally, but it just fit. Can you not be teling other people it was me? They'll be a lot less understanding. Also, look at the RP in write-up. "would-be" hemalurgist... "had no idea what they were doing..." I know you don't really care, but it shows I'm a villager.

I grudgingly agreed to keep his name out of it, but still felt that I should inform everyone the general idea of what had happened.

It would seem that I was attacked simply because my powers lined up with the metal of his spike.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

@Araris: Okay; that makes sense. Regardless, he made it clear that the motivation for the attack was the acquisition of my Feruchemy.

@Spencer: That's not a good plan. There are way more Twinborn than Spiked. Selecting randomly, you only have a one in five chance of killing someone you actually want dead.

And now for our feature presentation. I've been constructing the following analysis in Word since early this afternoon. As such, some of it may be slightly out of date. I've decided to post it anyway, though, as I think there is a good deal that is still relevant.

--------------------

I think the general consensus is that Phattemer was likely tonight’s Spiked kill. However, Lord Matthias Mountford’s death seems nearly as interesting to me. Why was he killed? How was he killed? The write-up only says he was “stabbed in the face.” Until now, stabbing meant a Spiked kill, which this clearly wasn't.

In an effort to uncover the facts of the matter, I have gone carefully through the rules to create an exhaustive list of every possible way to die in this game, annotated with what I thought were the relevant details. Here we go:

• The lynch
    • Can only happen during the day. Moving on.
  • The Spiked kill
    • Attack can be performed by a Spiked.
    • One and only one attack can be performed each night.
    • Write-ups indicate that it is performed with a knife.
  • Spike items (metal spike, two metal spikes, atium spike)
    • Attack can be performed by any player who has found a spike item.
    • Write-up from Phatt’s attack made it clear that the weapon was a spike.
  • Sterrion 36
    • Attack can be performed by any player who has found a Sterrion 36.
    • Write-up would likely indicate manner of attack.
  • Sterrion 36 failure
    • Attack can only kill a player who has found and used a Sterrion 36.
  • Hazecrusher
    • Attack can be performed by any player who has found Hazecrusher.
  • Allomantic steel
    • Attack can be performed by a Coinshot.
  • Enhanced Allomantic pewter
    • Attack can be performed by a Thug or a Duralumin Gnat who has found and used a spike or lerasium alloy containing the other power, by any player who has found and used a bead of lerasium, or by a Thug with the aid of a Nicroburst.
    • Depiction of attack in the write-up is currently unclear.
  • Feruchemical pewter
    • Attack can only be performed by a Brute.
    • Attack requires two charges per target.
  • Feruchemical brass
    • Attack can be performed by a Firesoul, during Night 3 onward.
    • Attack cannot be used on Nights 1 and 2.
    • Attack must be preceded by the attacker’s death.
  • Blessing of Potency
    • Attack can be performed by a kandra with the Blessing of Potency, or by any player who has found and used a Blessing of Potency.
    • Attack can only be used twice, and using it even once requires abandoning the Blessing’s protective qualities.
  • Koloss
    • Attack can be performed by a kandra with the Blessing of Potency who has found and used a second Blessing of Potency, or by any player who has found and used two Blessings of Potency.
    • Attack can be used once per night.
  • Brass Compounding
    • Attack can be performed by a Brass Compounder.
    • Attack must be preceded by an attack against the attacker.
  • Double-Enhanced Allomantic iron
    • Attack can be performed by a Lurcher who has done two of the following: burned consecutively for 12 periods to become a Savant, found and used a spike or lerasium bead containing Allomantic duralumin or a bead of lerasium, or received aid from a Nicroburst.
    • Attack can only kill kandra.
    • Write-up would almost certainly indicate manner of attack.

We can quickly narrow these down by removing those methods, such as the Sterrion 36 and Feruchemical brass, which could not possibly be described as ‘stabbing.’ Furthermore, many of these attacks are simply impossible at this stage of the game (for example, there cannot be a Koloss yet, as it would require charging at least two spikes with player or NPC kills, either of which would have been reported in the write-up).

After removing these, the remaining possibilities are:

• Spike items*
  • Enhanced Allomantic pewter (lerasium alloy or Nicroburst only)
  • Feruchemical pewter
  • Blessing of Potency (kandra only)

Apart from the spikes, these are all alike in that the rules do not state exactly how the attack is performed, meaning that a stabbing with a knife is a valid interpretation. This is supported by the fact that the Spiked kill, also undescribed in the rules, has been shown in the write-up to be committed with a knife.

So know we know how the kill could have been committed. But I’m not any closer to figuring out why. Unfortunately, I did not have any contact with Lord Mountford, and I have not heard from anyone who did. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I know this was a lot of work to do for this, but I justified it to myself by reasoning that we could reuse a lot of this same data in analyzing future kills. Feel free to reference this list for whatever you want.

*I have left spikes in the running, because they are technically used to stab, but Phatt’s attempted spiking was clearly depicted for what it was; and in any case, Mountford was stabbed in his face, not through his heart. I personally think it unlikely that this kill was committed with a spike.

--------------------

EDIT: Does the forum automatically replace the "a Iron" notation with the appropriate lengthened form? That's awesome!

Edited by Wonko the Sane

I can confirm. Before the attack, Phatt contacted me, offering to tell me his allomancy in exchange for my feruchemy. He expanded it a few posts later, offering his feruchemy instead. He did not, however, offer to let me tell my allomancy; this should have been a clue. I agreed, and he told me he was a seeker in exchange for my feruchemy. Later, after the attack, I demanded answers; he replied with this:

I grudgingly agreed to keep his name out of it, but still felt that I should inform everyone the general idea of what had happened.

It would seem that I was attacked simply because my powers lined up with the metal of his spike.

This is how Phatt contacted me, offering to trade my feruchemy for his allomancy. I didn't tell him what feruchemical ability I had, but I did ask him what he was offering, and got nothing in reply. I didn't realise he was literally going to steal it though, I assumed he meant some sort of trade deal.

Clanky, it's nothing personal, just that Phattemer was already dead, and I used about as much logic in voting for him as I did in voting for you. Namely, none.

Another two died, dang. I'm going to vote for Lightsworn Panda. It is nothing personal i just picked some random guy. 

Voting randomly for people isn't a good idea, spencer. You could potentially and accidentally cause the death of someone. Yes, in previous games we would randomly vote for someone at the start of the game, but that was only to start some discussion. As it stands, I have nothing to contribute, and this isn't the start of the game.

In addition to what I previously stated, as you seem not to be convinced: On not storing just to gain more feruchemy charges, why does that implicate me as Spiked? I don't understand. I see the other reason as legitimate, yes. But just because my vote doesn't count doesn't mean I can't point things out in general. Though, if I am lynched, that means that I can focus on the new Doctor Infected QF that's starting. So that would be a bonus! :)

The votes stand as such:     (these are not my votes, I made a list)

Clanky () Bort

Winter Cloud () Lev, Araris

Ostich () Feligon

Kwon ()twelfthrootoftwo

Lightsworn Panda () Spencer12347

spencer12347 () vineyarddawg 

As of now, Winter is getting lynched, but there are many other people that could easily also be killed,

I know that this is a very time intensive game and I think that voting for someone just because they don't have all the time in the world is a bad idea

There are many people who have said, "I'm pretty busy the next week, will you guys not kill me", and so far everyone has respected that

Overall, people having real lives is no reason for them to be lynched

Edit: Thanks to vineyarddawg, I would like to inform you that I have not yet voted, and that those are not my votes

Edit: Color, Sorry Clanky, if you would rescind your vote against me that would be great, as I don't want to be voted out either

Edited by The Honey Badger

You might want to change the color of your post, Honey Badger.  As it stands now, you're voting for Clanky, because his name is in red (and is the first name in red) in your post.  Unless that's what you were trying to do in a sneaky way...

Just saying, you aren't allowed to copy-paste PM messages (correct?). You have to paraphrase things because of individual writing styles and so forth that make it a lot harder to fake claiming that a message came from somebody.

This is correct. And normally we'd ask for it to be removed, but I'll let this one pass since it's been almost 12 hours, and the player in question is dead. :P

For future reference, copy/pasting any game PM (from other players or the GM) to the thread or other PMs with other players is against the rules. If players need to explain something that happened in a PM, paraphrase. Similarly, adding players to ongoing PMs is also against the rules (I'm not saying this happened, but I figured I'd mention it since it sort of fits). These rules can all be found in the General Rules. Thanks for being awesome, and please continue with your regularly scheduled killing. :)

I voted for Winter because votes don't really mean much when there is only one on any given person. Also, quick succession and 2.5 hours aren't really the same thing. I don't think Scadrial has moles, but somebody is making an ashmount out of a molehill.

To be honest I didn't look at the time stamps of the posts.  I came on to post the headstones RP and noticed that there were three new posts, two of which were votes for Winter.  I tried to make my comment sound sarcastic but I guess I failed.

Honey Badger.

I know that you already read vines post about this but as long as the names are in red they count as your vote even if you say they don't later in the post. Any red name is a vote no matter what! So if you don't change the colour of your post then it will count as a vote on me. I personally don't want to get lynched so I would like it if you went back and changed that. Thanks!

EDIT: Vote colour

Edited by Clanky

Well, there hasn't been tons of activity to base our discussions off of. But Winter hasn't slept which is far more beneficial to the spiked than it is to the village, regardless of which team she is actually on. Confusion about votes lets the spiked slip emotimancy by us and hurts the margins of the lynch. In a normal game, having a margin of 3 or 4 would pretty much ensure the lynch to go through. But now, we probably need around 5, and the spiked could mess with the confidence level there by not sleeping and voting for the lynchee.

Edit: @Alvron I did miss that in your post, but my response was also supposed to be a bit sarcastic :D I guess we need to use more emoticons or something. Anyway, does anyone know a good parallel to molehills on Scadrial?

Edited by Araris Valerian

Serious mode engaged.

Faliu crept around the houses of the fancy people to try to get a good look at the amazing hammer of awesomeness.  Someone had to have found it.  Was it him?  Or him?  Or her?  Someone was hiding a legendary war hammer underneath their cloak.  Probably with great difficulty.

The twinborn of the village were not fighting like the title of "war" suggested.  They were slinking around, talking in groups with hushed voices or strutting about with knives or coins in their hands.  Some war, huh?

Faliu quietly sneaked around a building, they had actual buildings in the fancy part of town,  and searched the crowd that had gathered.  All of them had been trying to find the hammer.  One of them did.  Many of them had only simple cloaks, but Faliu was way more prepared for the upcoming apocalypse.  He had his hat.  A priceless family heirloom he just found in a dumpster.

Now Faliu was just wondering where was that ostich?

Faliu.  Just because I refused to join your alliance, you voted for me.  Why should my refusal come as a surprise?  You have no reason to trust me, and I have no reason to trust you.

Edited by ostrichofevil

Unpoke ostrich.  

I just wanted to hear more from you.  If everyone is telling everyone else what they know, then the spiked won't be able to completely get rid of any information we have without killing everyone, which is very hard to do.