I haven't really posted anything in the forums because I don't have much to add :(

The game is wonderfully complex and some analysis of the rules is already going on.  The only thing I haven't heard mentioned is the metal spike changing faction mechanic and how it relates to the number of spiked.  We normally assume the spiked are 1/5 or 1/6 our number, but with the metal spikes and two metal spikes out there wouldn't the GMs make it more like 1/7 or 1/8?  I don't know how or even if that might help us, but I haven't seen anyone point this out so I figured I might as well.

As for Lynching I don't know if we should or not.  With the sleeping mechanism in place I doubt, as others have said, that many people can vote (well have their vote count).  With the Lynch theoretically in the hands of a few, I don't know if Lynching early is a smart play.  Lynching is a great tool to get information, but with how many abilities are out there we have a lot of other mechanisms to find information.  So yes we should Lynch... but I don't know if Lynching this cycle might be our best move.  

Yep, but I think it would be better to discuss it via pm so that the spiked can't see what we are planning. Feel free to pm me if you want to discuss it.

See, the issue with that is that the Spiked can PM just as easily as the rest of us. Plus, the fact that they get a doc means that they can coordinate their PMs with each other secretly.

The Spiked have way more to hide than any of us. They thrive on secrecy: the less knowledge is publicly available, the more free they are to manipulate us behind the scenes.

When everything is on the table, the Village has the advantage. The only hope the Eliminators have of winning is by turning a game of 5 vs. 25 into a game of 5 vs. 3 vs. 1 vs. 3 vs. 4 vs. 2 vs etc.

I'm not saying that you should come out and tell us all your powers, location, and plans, but consider that when we deal in secret, we foster intrigue, and intrigue is what wins the Eliminators the game.

I'm sorry that i haven't really been on here it is just that this if my very first time role playing and i'm trying to get use to all the things that are happening. I have made a few mistakes on the pms but I think i got everything down now, and ill love to play with all of you. 

One hour left! As of now, the votes stand at:

Tulir (1): Ella

Dow (1): Kirrah

Cyklan (1): Cyklan

Sheesh you guys can be dull for such a big group. : P

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Thanks for posting Spencer, lev, Dow, and Neo. I'm glad people have been discussing a bit today. I hope there is more in the future.

I agree that we need to start being more active in the thread, and that someone needs to get lynched today. The inactives need to get in here, but in the specific case of Tulir, he did warn us before the game began that he would be away from WiFi from the 7th to the 12th, and we encouraged him to join all the same.

I forgot Tulir said that. Sorry. I'll retract that vote because he has a good reason. It would have been nice if he had reminded us of that like Mailliw did though. There's not really time to lynch someone this cycle, and everyone close enough to be lynched has voted, so I'll hold back my vote again.

The RP did mention Jode burning Cadmium, but as others have mentioned, we may need to take that with a grain of salt. Ella, were you in the Town Square when your attack came? Because the RP then made it seem so, and the more evidence as to whether RP clues should be accepted or rejected as information, the better.

I was in the Town Square when I was attacked. I was attacked during action cycle 1. Everyone was in the Town Square then. Also, no one could have initiated an attack from a different room that night. However, in that RP the person who was attacked was sleeping during the attack. I was not sleeping at that time. I've asked Aonar about hints in the RP, and he said that, other than what is explicit, the RP doesn't necessarily have anything to do with what actually happened. I don't think we could use it to determine the alignment of the spiker. Besides, I think there is an argument to be made that they were already spiked, but had never been the one to charge a spike before.

Working with the kandra will be useful. But if they're proactive enough to kick off a Village alliance, they may well do the same with the Spiked. So, yes, but with caution.

Caution is a good plan, but for now I think the Kandra are willing to work with us. We do have the numbers, after all.

Did anyone see anything in PMs that would give the Spiked a reason to target Joe? I notice he had Feruchemical pewter, which may have been why - if he told anyone.

He never mentioned anything about his powers to me, and I didn't hear anyone else mention him talking about his powers. We have no way of knowing who knew something about him from PMs, and I doubt the Spiked would mention it if it was a factor.

Edit: Aonar, doesn't Araris still have a vote on Eol?

Edited by luckat

I agree with Dow. We shouldn't be lynching blindly with no information while we have so many avenues in place for confirmation. 

So has anyone got anything?

Lynching blindly actually does give us some information, and our current lynch seems to be drawn anyway (although I expect some vote-changing shenanigans). I'd like to hear about these "avenues" you speak of.

Edit; Colour.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Night Three: Quiet Words and Conspiracies

The caverns remained quiet. Apparently even death wasn’t enough to spur the Twinborn into serious action. A few gathered, speaking in what faint light came from the surface, but no consensus was reached.

Eventually Kirrah began to speak up. For most of the day, no one listened. Sheriff Millie, a hemalurgist? And a cadmium misting? And a practitioner of “occult Trellist mind-control?” Everybody knew she was crazy, but this was pretty out there, even for her.

Turning away frustrated from yet another uninterested listener, she changed tack. Finding a location in decent view of a few people, she started speaking. “Hey, people! We need to do something today.”

As usual, no one payed any attention. "You know that Dow guy? The stock broker? He took up acting lessons shortly before this whole mess started. Did anyone stop to wonder why? Learning to feign real confusion, real fear; learning to lie awful darn well."

For once, a few people turned, listening. "I'd be willing to bet those skills are pretty useful to one of the spiked. How about we ask him what he thinks?"

No one voiced agreement, but no one tried to stop her when she went to find Dow, either. 

Finding the twinborn, she didn't hesitate before plunging a knife into his back. Or trying to, anyways. It deflected off of something metal concealed under his shirt. Her eyes widened as she scrambled backwards. She'd been sure he was spiked, but to be sure, and to be proven right? That never happened.

"He's a hemalurgist! Come quickly!"

Several people rushed to her aid, as Dow turned around. "Wait! It's not what you think!"

Heedless to his protestations, the other Twinborn put him down quickly. Searching the body, however, all they found was a few vials of chromium, a single atium bracer, and a metal breastplate concealed underneath his clothes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the late write up. (Again.)

Votes:

Dow (1): Kirrah

Cyklan (0): Cyklan

Dow was a chromium/atium Twinborn! He had Metal Armour!

Night Three has begun!

Edited by Aonar Faileas

If you didn't sleep your voting action simply fails. I'm not 100% sure how soothing and rioting work in the write up, but I think soothing will cause your action to fail, and rioting will cause your name to appear as voting for someone else's name.

Edited by Kandra Skrull

If you didn't sleep your voting action simply fails. I'm not 100% sure how soothing and rioting work in the write up, but I think soothing will cause your action to fail, and rioting will cause your name to appear as voting for someone else's name.

Soothing will make your vote disappear from the list, so it will look like you didn't sleep.

Sorry Dowanx; that wasn't what I was expecting. I didn't sleep during night 2, and assumed my vote wouldn't count. I'm not sure what happened, as Araris' vote evidently wasn't Rioted to you.

The Twinborn had listened to her. It was a new experience. Swept up in the moment, Kirrah marched at the head of the mob, moving north to the Upscale Residential. She couldn't quite remember what they were doing, but it was sure to be good, right?

Ahead, the crowd parted. A well-dressed man was kneeling there. "Please! It's not what you think!" That's right. He was a Trellist! She'd finally persuaded the Twinborn to pursue their overlords. The man was begging for mercy, but the crowd moved in, seeking blood. As Kirrah lost sight of him behind the throng of bodies, his pleas morphed into laughter. Suddenly she realised all the Twinborn held cadmium spikes, but...weren't the Spiked the enemy? Why would they...

The crowd vanished, then the ground under her feet. She could still hear the Trellist laughing, but where he had knelt, there was...a symbol? The spikes were floating before her, arranged in a strangely familiar pattern, glowing softly. And the disembodied laugh continued, sending wave after wave of shivers down her spine...

"Buh!" Kirrah sputtered awake. She'd dozed off while searching Gund's discarded letters. How long had she slept? Where were the letters? Was she...in the middle of the street!? Was that a dead body?

"Quickly! The Spiked have struck again! Look, they've just left the body! They're getting more brazen every day. If we don't..."

"Your idea. Are you calling yourself Spiked? 'Cause we're happy to lynch you if that's the case," came a strange voice.

"WHAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!? What are you saying? Tell me! What happened? How'd he die? If you don't tell me I swear I'll - " Kirrah stopped when she realised she was waving a knife.

"You went up and stabbed the guy. Then started shouting that he was Spiked, so we all jumped in. But," the stranger paused, watching the knife, "he was just a regular guy. Or as regular as a Twinborn can be, at least." Kirrah said nothing, too stunned to do anything but stare at the corpse with mouth agape. Surely not. This was just another weird dream. Eventually she would wake up with her head on a stack of old letters. She hadn't attacked him. It just didn't make sense.

Shaken, she sat down down at the edge of the street to wait for the dream to end.

Crap. Crap. I'm really sorry guys.

So, I’ve realized in my no-longer sleep-deprived and drugged state (Getting the flu over the Easter weekend is fun! -_-) that I’ve managed to screw up pretty bad. :/

I totally managed to miss Araris’s vote on Eol all three times I did a vote count, and forgot that Twei hadn’t slept, so the wrong person died.

Once again, all of you have my deepest apologies. (Especially Dow, seeing how he's the one who's out of the game now due to my mistake.)

However, I don't really think there's really anything I can do now. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

I'd like to know if we have a solicitor or lawyer living in the town?

If so, I want to sue Kirrah. Street art is my thing, not hers. How dare she go and decorate the village without talking to me about it first.

Well, I guess that depends on whether or not Dow has seen anything that the rest of the village hasn't. You could redo his roles and put him in as a neutral character like a kandra or koloss or something. Perhaps treat him as a mistwraith that just got blessings from some benevolent god.

I pretty much agree with Araris. Maybe if he's told anyone anything they still get to know his new thing that corresponds?

I too want an updated map. Remember after this night I would guess that someone will have an uncanny item, because probably everyone will be looking for it.

Edited by phattemer

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. 

On that note, we now have two Mistwraiths, Haelbarde and Dow! If you happen to own an unused Blessing, you can bring them into the game.

Here's a new map, although not much has changed.

LG11Map2_zpscgofcvbc.png

(More might be done about the situation with Dow, but I'm waiting for Newan to come online so we can discuss things.)

Another grave dug demanded another headstone carved.  But no one was sure that the one killed was actually dead.  Rolan scratched his head as he tried to work out what to place on the tombstone for someone that might not be needing one.  Rolan hadn't known Dow all that long and had even been ignored when he had offered his services.  Still something needed to be placed on the grave marker.  The green marble demanded it.

Gold would've been perfect for this project.  Too bad Kwon isn't talking to me anymore.  Imagine mistaking my assistant Jain for a metalsmith.  I'm sure Kwon will calm down soon enough.  But until then I have work to do.

Picking up some of the leftover pieces of obsidian from Jodes gravestone, Rolan carefully chipped off some slivers of it and arranged them on the stone.  Calling out for Jain to bring a pot of special glue, Rolan moved the bits of stone around until inspiration struck him.  Once finished Roan stood back to admire his work.

Yes, that captures the situation perfectly.

Here lies the body of Dow.
If not, please notify the undertakers.