Changing my vote to vineyarddwag. 

Spencer, the point was to get you not to vote for random people.  I'll even take the first step and take my vote off of you.  Spencer12347.

EDIT: Sorry if that seemed a little heavy-handed, but I'm strongly opposed to random voting.

Edited by vineyarddawg

It seems odd that there are 3 votes on winter and so little reasoning. Dowanx you must have some sort of reason for winter being on top of your suspect list.

I agree with Clanky, so Dowanx, the reason we didn't have any lynches the first couple days is because we had no evidence, what changed from then to now, we still have little evidence

It would seem that I was attacked simply because my powers lined up with the metal of his spike.

This is the point I contest. Allomantic bronze gave Phatt the means to make an informed decision on who to spike. And based on what I've seen of his play in previous games, he probably would have done so. On the other hand, he wasn't going after you, at least in thread, and that PM comes off as rather apologetic...I'm not certain, but not satisfied, either. My vote stands for now.

But Winter hasn't slept which is far more beneficial to the spiked than it is to the village, regardless of which team she is actually on.

It's only confusing when we can't be sure if a vote will count or not, and her lack of a vote was one of the first things Winter said. By your logic, the ones who are suspicious are those who don't sleep and vote normally anyway. There are reasons for the Spiked to sleep (vote control beyond manipulation of unreliable village votes) and not sleep (use of roles), and similarly for the village. Overall, the Spiked might have more incentive not to sleep, but that's more because they have better means of using their roles.

There's not much time left, but I have something to add. Phatt gave me his seeking results from the second night, and they included hemalurgic allomantic bronze. I asked my Kandra contact, and it wasn't due to a Kandra, so there must have been a spiked seeker.

Earlier in the game, Winter told me she was in contact with a seeker besides Phatt and that they had given her some results from the first night. I thought it was a little odd that they would trust her like that, especially when those results included that there had been both hemalurgic and nonhemalurgic versions of her feruchemical power active.

When I learned there was a spiked seeker who had been in the Town Square during the second night, I decided to ask Winter about the seeker she had been in contact with earlier. At first she didn't give me their name, but said she would tell them I wanted to contact them. After a while, I pushed harder and explained why I thought the seeker was spiked. She finally relented and said the seeker was Spencer.

I decided to contact Spencer myself, and he said he was not a seeker, had never claimed to be one, and had never been in contact with Winter. He also gave me some good evidence and a contact who confirmed what he said.

Throughout this process, I felt that Winter was acting odd, and Spencer seemed sincere. While I could be wrong, I think Winter is the one who was lying. (And also, it is a bit late to change the lynch.) I'll vote for her now. If she turns out to not be spiked, Spencer definitely is. If Winter is spiked and she's not the spiked seeker, there is still a spiked seeker out there, so any claims to Allomantic bronze should be looked at with suspicion.

Votes
Winter (5) Lev, Araris, Dow, Spencer, luckat
Dow (2): Clanky, Badger
Clanky (1): Bort
Wonko (1): Twei
Fel (1): ostrich

Axies confirmed to me that it was him who attempted to spike. He thought that he was attacking a spiked because allomantic bronze can't distinguish between spiked hemalurgy and kandra blessings.

Did he actually tell you that his spiking was based on bronze results, or did you infer it? Everything I've seen indicates he just attacked Wonko for his power.

I am in Vegas at the start of a bachelor's party so I am a little drunk and can't write a huge post but here are the main reasons for voting for winter.

Her forum activity is suspicious. Activate on QF7 game but not so much here.

When she said for everyone to say if they slept or not.

And there is something else but I am kinda drunk at and don't have my notes available.

If she doesn't die from a lynch tonight I will later post a more fleshed out post.

The day is over! Stay tuned for the write-up. (It might be a little late; I'm still not feeling my best. If I don't think I can get it done in a reasonable amount of time, the results at least will be posted fairly soon.)

Did he actually tell you that his spiking was based on bronze results, or did you infer it? Everything I've seen indicates he just attacked Wonko for his power.

He told me that he had found a target that was not a villager to use it on. So that means that it was either kandra or spiked which cannot be differentiated through bronze. So he didn't actually say that but he did say earlier that he was looking for someone that wasn't good to use the spike on.

Night Four: A Glimmer of Hope

For the first time since the mayor had made his announcement, it seemed the villagers had been able to get a good night's sleep. They debated vigorously, bringing up several suspects.

Cylkan, the lamplighter was one of the first. After all, who else had the know-how to plunge the whole village into darkness?

Then came Cleo. A newcomer. No one was really fond of newcomers. They tended to bring change, and danger. It didn't help that she seemed to hear voices in her head, either.

Kwon was brought up not long after. A metalsmith; he had all the resources to create the spikes used in the darker metallic arts.

Dow, of course, was an object of discussion as well. A man, thought dead, but somehow still alive. It seemed impossible, but who really knew what hemalurgy could do?

Finally, there was Failu. Seemingly plagued by bad luck, but why couldn't it be merely a cover, for other, more nefarious activities?

All these and more were called out, and although many voted for their deaths, few votes stuck. Eventually, however, they kept coming back to Cleo. She was an outsider, one who spoke of unimaginable things, and seemed just sane enough to stay out of an asylum.

Whispered conversations spread throughout the caverns. Everyone knew who they had decided upon, but no one wanted to cast the first proverbial stone. After some time, a small group confronted the mayor.

"Um... Mayor Gund, isn't this sort of thing supposed to be your job?"

With much sighing and complaining, the mayor began to organize a hanging.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Protesting her innocence the whole way, Cleo was lead up to the makeshift platform. Shoved roughly up the stairs, something glinted faintly near the collar of her shirt. A crude gold spike, apparently driven straight through her collarbone.

She suddenly drew herself up straighter, her whole demeanor changing. Adjusting her shirt to conceal the spike again, Cleo calmly walked up to the noose on her own.

"This won't be anywhere near enough, you know. While I may die, my brethren will not rest until this whole town has been destroyed."

Mayor Gund gingerly fitted the rope around her neck, afraid that he would be attacked at any moment. Cleo just kept right on speaking. "You'll never find them all. This village won't even be a hole in the ground by the time they're done. No one will ever know that you even exis-"

Everyone flinched at the crack that cut off Cleo's threats.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cleo was a Spiked with Allomantic gold and Feruchemical aluminum!

Votes:

Cleo (4) Levant, Hadrian, Dow, Walin, Ella
Kwon (1) Kirrah
Dow (0)  Honerius
Failu (1) Ostrich

Jain (0) Cylkan,

Night Four has begun! You have twenty-four hours from now to get your actions in.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Hey guys, I'm back now. I just read through the thread and I think I have the basic idea of what happened during the past couple cycles. I'm glad we caught Winter. Since I had a substanially large PM with her, I think I'll have a better idea of who to lynch next cycle.

No one attended the funeral of Cleo.  Her coffin placed in the grave and the carriers quickly leaving, heading to 'The Taproom' to toast the death of a Spiked.

Rolan and Jain placed the headstone at the head of the still open grave.

Here lies Cleo, covered in snow.
Winter came but now must go.
She died at a public gathering when the platform gave way.

Sounds great. Does it look like Team Odium will be able to hold together or does it look as if one of us has deserted to serve a lesser shard?

You'll have to ask the others. I have my opinions, but that's it. No real evidence. Let me get back into the swing of things and then we'll see.

Do you think anyone could put up a list of who is dead or not? I wasn't really active at the very beginning of the game and i'm somewhat confused.

1. Temai Nimiad (Nicroburst)

2. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

3. Bortington-Smythe (Bort)

4. Cleo (Winter Cloud) Allomantic gold/Feruchemical aluminium

5. Honerius Bager (The Honey Badger)

6. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)

7. Axies (phattemer) Allomantic bronze/Feruchemical nicrosil

8. Walin (spencer12347)

9. Faliu Faliu (Feligon)

10. D'wag (vineyarddawg)

11. Rolan (Alvron)

12. Lord Ostrich Malescei Tekiel II (ostrichofevil) 

13. Millie (Mailliw73)

14. Quaqua Qua (Splinter)

15. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

16. Pifferluke III (Lord Pifferdoo)

17. Cylkan (Clanky)

18. Sheol (Eolhondras) Allomantic chromium/Feruchemical atium

19. Lutir (Tulir)

20. Levant Nebben (lev)

21. Kwon (Wonko the Sane)

22. Dow (dowanx)

23. neo (neodymium)

24. Lord Mattias Mountford (Lord Mattias Mountford) Allomantic brass/Feruchemical bendalloy

25. Acer Tuy (a smart guy)

26. Malrick A'Lees (Metacognition)

27. Jaelre (Jaelre)

28. Kirrah Dotze (twelfthrootoftwo)

29. Jode (The Only Joe) Allomantic cadmium/Feruchemical pewter

30. Llurch (Kandra Skrull)

31. Ella (luckat)

[RP coming in a bit]

Edit:

Cleo's hanging had been surprising. Not the fact that she was actually Spiked - killing people on suspicion of being hemalurgists generally came with the assumption that you'd eventually be right. No, what was surprising was Mayor Gund. Sure, his reluctance to carry out the hanging could just be laziness, but Kirrah couldn't shake the feeling that he had known about Cleo. He'd known she was Spiked, and hadn't wanted to kill her. Gund was in the middle of whatever was going on in Twinborn Village, and evidently that included the Spiked. Surely he hadn't brought them here purely to secure his position as Mayor, but then what was their purpose? There had been other blotted letters in Gund’s garbage, and one of them had mentioned “lots of spikes”. Perhaps it wasn’t the Spiked, but the spikes themselves that were needed.

She’d found other clues as well. One sheet had indents where something had been traced over with heavy strokes. Careful inking had revealed fragments of the symbol from her dream. There had been a reference to “the new Aon” – a machine of some sort, perhaps? And more than one mention of Pulsers and cadmium – that was important somehow.

For now, she had to figure out if Cleo’s spikes were important. She’d watched the “funeral” from a safe distance, and they hadn’t even bothered to fill the grave. Someone clearly wanted to get in, and had bribed – or ordered – the carriers not to complete their job. Stifling a yawn, Kirrah looked over the graveyard again. Still no movement. But they’d be here sooner or later. She just had to keep her eyes open. No, she wouldn’t fall asleep. She had to hold the line of thought. This was crucial. She would figure out who was involved, and then she could – could…

It had been a long day. As Cylkan was just beginning his rounds, Kirrah’s eyes were already closed.

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

Malrick wiped his brow, as he put the final touches on his latest addition to the traps laid about the Alehouse (called such because, evidently, his ancestors hadn't been very creative and the fact that it was the only one within the underground building). It had taken him days of hard work and a lot of tinkering, but now it was finished and he could add it to the journal that his family passed down each generation with all the various traps laid out and described in it. 

As he sat down at the bar, quill in hand, he flipped through the journal as he went. 

There was Mesist's, his families originator and Founder, trap called, "The Turtle," which dropped huge chunks of the ceiling in front of the doors and windows; effectively keeping everyone outside out... or whomever was trapped inside in. 

A few pages later, he came across "The Moat." It was a spike-ladened trap door that followed the entire length of the bar. The Archers was a series of crossbows latched and ready to all fire together hidden behind the tinted glass behind the bar. The Guillotine would run a sharpened metal blade from wall to wall at about neck height. The Fisherman's Surprise, the Tumbler, the Jack in the Box. Page after page of devious traps, all hidden in the walls, ceiling, and floor of his home. It was his family's tradition. 

And now he could add his own entry to the list. He smiled as he finally turned to a blank page, dipped the quill and wrote the title for his addition:

The Spiked Club. 

It wasn't a trap that just anyone could use, but he could and that's what mattered. 

"Let's see those Spiked come for me now," he thought.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm finally back up and running! :) I'm glad to see that we're finally past all the, "no! lynching's bad!" phase. If you notice, the first few days, when everyone said that they didn't want to lynch, we also didn't have much discussion. That's because the two go hand in hand. You don't get good discussion without the lynch, so let's not go back to that, please! Hopefully by now, most people have spread out a bit. Please, let's not all bunch together in the same rooms! There's a very good chance that that's exactly what got Phatt killed. They didn't need to know who would go after the item in B1, they just knew that people would flock to that room! 

Speaking of rooms, we should be able to start narrowing things down if we know who had the opportunity to be in the rooms that kills took place in. For example, Phatt was killed in B1. As such, anyone in A3 or C3 wouldn't have enough action phases to get there. There's also looking at where people were and where they ended up. If someone was in C/A 1 and they ended their night in B2, they wouldn't have been able to move that far and make a kill. Sure, this doesn't eliminate those people from not being Spiked, but it will help us narrow the possibilities of who all is Spiked! As such, we really need to start coordinating these things. If someone appears somewhere they said that they weren't going to be, then we can use that. I'm not saying that we should announce in thread where we're each going, but with Phatt dead (assuming we don't have another Bronze Allomancer), we have to rely more on our tineyes being able to follow everyone's movements.

These are just my thoughts since I got back. I need to go back through everything again so I can hopefully see the bigger picture, but I feel like we've been too quiet when it comes to hunting the Spiked. This could also be due to me not knowing what's going on behind the scenes, so bare with me while I get caught up! :) 

Day Four: A Brief Respite

Lord Ostrich Malescei Tekiel the Second needed a break. He'd seen plenty of things in his time, but this search for the spiked was taking it's toll. It's taken them nearly four days just to find one, and they'd been luck to manage even that. This could drag on for near a month if something didn't change. He needed to get some real work done.

So he found himself in his shop, working the bellows of his forge. It was hard work, but necessary to ensure the glass formed properly. The dull roar of forge, however, also provided a perfect cover for his attacker.

They crept into his shop, knife clutched tight in hand. All the way up behind their prey, about to strike as Ostrich turned suddenly from the bellows, reaching for the iron rod used to mix the glass. The knife nicked his arm and Ostrich staggered back, warding the hemalurgist off with the hot iron.

"I don't suppose you'd just put that down, would you?" The stranger asked, circling warily. 

"Doesn't strike me as the brightest idea, I'm afraid." Ostrich took the chance to strike out, swinging the bar at his attacker's head.

The hemalurgist ducked and came back up quickly, trapping Ostrich's impromptu weapon against the wall. "Maybe not, but I had to ask." Lunging forwards, they drove the knife towards Ostrich's chest. Grabbing the nearest thing that came to hand, he brought it up in front of the blade.

It stuck into a wooden stool, sending splinters flying. Seeing an opportunity, Ostrich spoke a hurried Command, "Bind things!" The grain of the wood changed almost imperceptibly, locking the knife into the stool.

The hemalurgist heaved against the knife without success. "Rust." They turned and fled, leaving the weapon behind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ostrich was attacked, but survived!

Five pretty cool items were found, and one awesome item! Rooms A2 and B2 now hold Awesome items! Room C3 now holds an Uncanny item!

Day Four has begun! Action PMs will be sent out as soon as possible. The day will end at 10:00 PM CDT Tuesday.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Well, we can probably assume that Ostrich is a villager, since he got attacked by the hemalurgists. I'll start out the day with a vote on Clanky. You voted for Jain, yet your vote didn't count, and it is unlikely that you would have been soothed, which instead implies that you didn't sleep. I'm still holding to my opinion that sleeping benefits the village more than the spiked, so lets have a start to the discussion.

Edit: I would vote for Honey Badger as well, but I only have 1 available.

Edited by Araris Valerian

I vote honey badger. He and I have been pming from the beginning, and he tried to convince me not to vote for winter last round when the vote was close. He also withheld the report of the results of a plan we had made to id the spiked on the second night. These two evidences, combined with some other evidence brought up by spencer have led me to believe he is spiked!

Down with the spiked, long live the Twinborn!

PS Araris: Clanky is clean. I will vouch for him. 

Edited by lev