Meta, I have several people saying that it is likely that you are spiked, so I would love to hear what you have to say.

Then it's a good thing I already planned to! ;)

Malrick tried to reach Millie, but the push of the crowd was too strong. They beat at him, like the lashings he'd heard the Lord Ruler's Nobles did to their children to awaken their latent potential. And something broke within him. He'd seen far too much death these last few days and he'd had enough. He felt the weight of all of his ancestors and of their drive to find a world where they could live out their lives in peace; away from the machinations of the Lord Ruler. He couldn't, he wouldn't, let their dream die to the first invaders to their Village. It was time to reveal his potential.

So, he drew on his steel and iron reserves, heightened his senses and his speed with pewter and tin. It was time to find the last of the Spiked....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As stated above, I'm a Mistborn. Last night, there were at least 7 attacks made towards me. Luckily, I was burning Atium as well (something I won't be able to do tonight, which is why I put all of this out here for all of you now) and I was capable of changing my actions to survive. I wasn't given a list of everyone who attacked me, as the GMs thought that might be a bit too powerful, considering how many attacks wound up coming my way. Instead, they gave me the name of the person that dealt the final blow to me.

I find it amusing that you're now trying to discredit me, Neo, since you were one of the people who attacked me last night. Even with me switching actions, I was still hit twice (armor is good to have as well!)

The fact that I was attacked so many times means that the Spiked are well aware of my capabilities. As such, it's time to even the score and let the rest of you know, as I'm unlikely to survive for long. 

I found the Lerasium Bead on Night 5 and swallowed it on Night 6. I then performed a double enhanced scan with bronze and tin. This allowed me to have a pretty good idea of who was where and what powers were in which rooms, specifically Hemalurgic powers. Of course, this doesn't tell me whether those powers are Spiked or Kandra; though at this point, I'm starting to wonder if there is a difference. You see, Alv tried to claim that he was a Kandra. We provided him with a test to prove whether or not he could see the Kandra doc. He passed this test, which means that at the very least, some of the Kandra are working with the Spiked. Not to mention that there were, understandably, only a few people that I trusted with my secret of becoming a Mistborn.

So here's a list of people who are likely to be either Kandra or Spiked and afterwards, we can see if the the Kandra will actually work with us to narrow the field down further or if they plan to work with the Spiked. If they decide to work with the Spiked, then we should kill them without prejudice as well.

Araris

Neo

Wonko

Feligion

Jain

Jaelre

Araris is on the list because he's been telling people that (after he found out that I gained Mistborn status) that I am Spiked. I have this from multiple sources. Also, via the two scans I've made, he has Hemalurgic Pewter. So, if he is Kandra, then he is a Kandra working for the Spiked and trying to get me killed. 

Neo is on the list, well, because he tried to kill me! If it hadn't been for the Atium, I wouldn't have anything on him yet, as he hasn't revealed any powers during times that I've scanned. Most likely Spiked.

Wonko is the Kandra that Phatt attacked early on. I don't know where he stands on the issue of aiding the Spiked, but he was in the same room as Vine was on the night that Vine died. To be fair though, so was Alv.

Feligion is a Kandra and one of the places that I wound up hearing that Araris is claiming that I am Spiked to others. If I hadn't heard it from other people ahead of time, I wouldn't have believed it, but this had been backed up by others. Plus, he's admitted he's a Kandra in thread, so I don't think I need to go into detail here. 

Jain is likely a Kandra, but whether he's helping the Spiked or not, I cannot say. I haven't had any contact with him other than in thread. 

Jaelre almost assuredly killed Skrull last night as he was in the same room as Skrull. Also, it was no coincidence that I called him out the other day. My previous scan placed him in a room with one other person. In that same room was a normal ability and a Hemalurgic one, so one of the two had to be a Spiked/Kandra. I believe him to be Spiked. 

Now, I might still be missing one or two, but these are the ones that I am confident in. If the Kandra would like to survive, I suggest that they side with the Village at this point and clarify which out of the above actually are Spiked and which are Kandra. I fully suspect that the Kandra will see how loyal the Spiked are when they themselves try to claim to be Kandra. The one thing that I can guarantee you is that you're very unlikely to accidentally kill a Villager if you kill from the above list. 

Now, personally, I'd love to see Neo hang, since he tried to kill me (plus, I suspect that he'll continue trying the next night as well), but in the interest of proving my information as valid, Jaelre is our best bet of hitting another Spiked. 

I have gotten my scans to someone that I do trust in this game, so even if the Spiked kill me tomorrow, someone will have the information and my death will be able to confirm what I've said here is true. If you have questions for me, I'll do my best to answer them. Thanks and here's to our future victory! 

As for the lynch, I think that Jaelre is a good target. However, I would like to hear from other people. Pifferdoo, what do you have to say about everything.

I've good reason to believe that Feligon isn't evil, and the only people that have really spoken to me are either dead now or staying very quiet after I asked some incriminating questions. 

I've been a bit inactive, mostly because that's my play style, but also because Musical Season here in Hawley, Minnesota has gone into full swing, and practices don't usually end until 9:00. Before that, I'm hard-pressed to find any time to go on the Shard at all. 

Call for extension.

If we let today go to a null vote, then we let the Spiked win already, as they have control over the vote because too many people stopped paying attention. So vote. Standing on the side lines doesn't get you involved; it just makes you a bystander. 

If you're confused or have doubts, express them! That's better than being silent. By putting all my info out there, I'm trusting in the Village to actually act. So show that you're worth that trust. Object, confirm, do something that shows that you're still there. 

Apathy will win the Spiked this game as this point. 

Prove me wrong. I gave you another 24 hours. Don't waste it.

LenReen stood silently, contemplating his options. What he planned went against his every instinct; his kind were never meant for the spotlight. Perhaps if he just tried a little bit harder...

No. Remaining in the shadows is what made me try to kill Malrick. He rose and walked to the podium.

"My name is LenReen of Terris, and I am a Founder. For fifteen generations, I have worked to preserve the work that I laid down here. What Fath... what Rashek -- the man you know as the Lord Ruler -- did was wrong, and only this brave little Village remains to resist him.

"And yet, even now, he seeks to destroy us. He was ever fond of hemalurgy, vilest of Arts. It comes, I think, of his sense of insecurity; he revels in his ability to twist the strengths of his enemies to his own cause. And now he come here -- the Twinborn Village, that last bastion of resistance, lies in peril.

"Men such as Jaelre, in accepting his gifts, betray the very foundation of this Village.

"I cannot help what I am. But I can defend the Village, as I always have. I pray that you will let me."

LenReen drew back from the podium as the crowd burst into excited murmuring. He saw Malrick, in the corner, looking grim; not surprised, perhaps, but deeply hurt. He strode over to him.

"Kwon died, thirteen years ago, of a fever, and not a day passes that I do not mourn his loss."

Malrick looked up sharply. LenReen continued. "I would have you know that he was my closest friend, perhaps the closest I have ever had. He demanded that I take his bones, but I still feel vile for having done so.

"You may know little about me, but I have come to know you. I count you among my friends, Malrick of the Alehouse. I hope that we can remain that way."

LenReen turned to go.

Malrick watched him leave with tears in his eyes.

Alternatively:

LenReen turned to go.

Malrick called, "Wait." Lenreen paused.

"I've always been a lover of history. What say I pour you a drink, and you can tell me all about the early days of the Village."

LenReen turned, a small smile on his face. "I'd like that."

Meta, you decide.

-------------------------

So it seems I've gotten here too late, and all I can do is bandwagon. Yes, Jaelre is almost certainly Spiked, which I have believed since before last night was over; Meta, luckat can tell you why.

So, yeah, I'm a kandra. But I'm also the only kandra who has consistently sided with the Twinborn, in an alliance that I have called Team Twindra. Araris has engaged in some... untrustworthy conduct, Jain is looking out for Jain, and Feligon is... a dinosaur, now, I guess? So take it as you will.

Umm... Meta... I sort of owe you an apology. Araris started the rumors by calling you his Spiked contact, but he didn't have the Twinborn contacts tho make that dangerous. I did. It's my fault that you got attacked last night (though I have no idea where seven attacks came from; I was hoping for three at best). So... sorry about that. I believe now that you are Twinborn; I can help you survive tonight, when the Spiked inevitably go after the public-facing Mistborn, if you want.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

The first one, Wonko. I wouldn't say my character has much of a love of history unless it relates to his family history, but that doesn't mean that he's going to abandon the friendship entirely. I'll try to do up some RP later tonight. 

Considering this now seems like it's a done deal, I retract my call for an extension so that we can move things along. If not, we'd just be sitting here for the next 24 hours, as I don't think Jaelre is going to step forward to try to defend himself. 

Jain finished shoveling the last mound of earth onto the fresh graves. The sudden increase of dead people had certainly overworked his schedule. Before him, three new gravestones had joined the growing ranks.

Sheriff Millie Watts

Protecting us from the evil of unwhittled wood for thirty-two years.

Here lies Llurch,

dead by the hand of Newan, the true spiked one

Qua Qua's tombstone had no words on it, just three Qua birds standing in a circle on top.

Well, that took a turn for the dramatic. Jaelre, I knew it was suspicious that you became active again, but I wanted to give you benefit of the doubt, since I had done the same thing. Still, can't have any Spiked left alive.

The first one, Wonko. I wouldn't say my character has much of a love of history unless it relates to his family history, but that doesn't mean that he's going to abandon the friendship entirely. I'll try to do up some RP later tonight. 

You know, now that I look back, that's true. Somehow I'd gotten the impression that Malrick was the history buff sort, even though you never said anything to that end.

Presonally, I think it would be cool if we had 23 votes for Jaelre.  Apply for most wanted?

There are just so many votes on him, I want to see how high we can get the number.  

I haven't done enough scheming recently, and I died in the other game.  Maybe I should work on school... Nah, real life is boring. ;) 

Last night, there were at least 7 attacks made towards me.

It's my fault that you got attacked last night (though I have no idea where seven attacks came from; I was hoping for three at best).

This suggests to me that the Spiked have earned sizeable influence behind the scenes. Four attacks ( the ones that weren't due to Wonko) is getting unwieldy just for the Spiked and allied Kandra. It might be worth tracing the other kills to figure out if there's a common source.

I trust Luckat, and by extension Meta. Which means the evidence against Jae is substantial.

Phew! Glad I retracted my extension! If I hadn't, we might have had to wait even longer! :P

Just messing with you, GMs, but an update wouldn't go unnoticed, please! :)

...I completely missed that you'd retracted your extension. Sorry about that.

I'm getting to the write-up. Don't worry. :P (Totally didn't fall asleep on the couch while working on the write-up last night.  <_<) Results up momentarily, write-up coming in an hour or so.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

[Write-up to be edited in eventually.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaelre was lynched! He was a Spiked with Allomantic malatium and Feruchemical zinc!

Votes:

Jaelre: (6) Bort, Malrick, Hadrian, Neo, Cylkan, Kwon, Acer, Ella, Pifferluke, Failu, Kirrah, Dow

The Night will end at 10:00 PM CDT on Tuesday. (Or maybe not. I might not have internet Tuesday night. I'll hopefully discuss things with Newan and see how they go.)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Another Grave complete, though Jain as he cleaned his gear. Another Headstone set. Gravedigging was quite dreary work, but at least you were paid well. At least, the corpses paid well. It's not stealing if they're dead, right?

Jaelre hadn't asked for a headstone, so his headstone simply bore the words:

Jaelre

Poor Jaelre

When we said, "Heads up," old friend, we meant it.