First, I’m sorry I haven’t been very active in the thread. I’ve been busy for the last couple of weeks, but I should be less busy now, so hopefully I’ll be able to be more active.

Second, a vote tally:
Alvron (8): Wonko, Neo, Ostrich, Bort, Karlin, Maill, Dow, luckat
Nicroburst (1): Araris
Jaelre (1): Meta
Meta (1): Jaelre

I agree with the vote on Alvron. I’ve seen compelling evidence for it in PMs.

Finally, I have a plan to help us find the Spiked more efficiently, but it will require cooperation.

As has been mentioned, Ostrich was verified by Vine. I was also verified by Vine, and any of you can check that with Ostrich. We want to try to find the Spiked as best we can, and since we’re verified, we think it is a good idea for people to share information with us. If we have information about people’s powers, actions, items, and positions throughout the game, it will be possible to learn a lot about the identities, positions, and capabilities of the Spiked.

We want to organize this as efficiently and openly as possible. We need cooperation from as many people as possible for the information to be useful. We don’t want to turn this into a dictatorship at all, and what you share and what you do is entirely up to you. However, I hope you will see the benefit of getting a lot of information together.

The days and the nights just seemed to drag on and on for Malrick; it seemed to him to be unaturally long. Perhaps it was in part that Cylkan wasn't still up on his feet and now Malrick was pulling double duty; both at the Alehouse and as a Lighter of Lamps. Most of the time, he would spend his entire day at the Alehouse and the second he closed up shop, he'd be out making sure the lamps were lit for the next day. If he was quick about it, he could maybe catch a few hours of sleep before he opened the Alehouse the next day. 

But the constant strain was starting to wear on him and every night he went out, more lamps had fallen into disuse than before; needing him to take even more time to make the rounds. 

On top of this, it was becoming more and more apparent that the streets weren't safe. D'wag being murdered was bad enough, but it seemed that no one was above the knife when Mayor Gund was also killed. The fact that he turned out to be a Trellist Conspirator only helped so much. 

If they could get to the Mayor, what chance did Malrick have while walking the streets alone?

The strain and stress were adding up; causing him to jump at the slightest sound during his rounds. 

"Founders, help me," he'd mutter to himself while trying to pierce the darkness between him and the next unlit lamp. "I can't do this forever! Please, help us. You brought us here to get us away from the chaos of the Empire's leash. And now we face it anyways. Can't you at least give us a sign that we're doing what we should?"

Of course, no answer ever came except the hollow moan of the wind passing through the cavernous rock. 

Then he'd steel himself by reminding himself that he was descended from one of those very Founders and proceed to the next lamp. 

Just for one more day, he'd tell himself. One more day and Cylkan will be alright again. One more day and then we'll finally find all the Spiked and be done with it. Just one more day. 

He'd been chanting that every day since Honerius' death.... 

Considering that we have had a lot more downtime than we expected, I suggest we do something with it! Specifically, get in some RP and help flesh out not only Twinborn Village, but our characters as well. :) No reason to just sit here and wait when we've been given such an opportunity. We can turn the GM's difficulties into a boon and make this one of the best RP games in quite some time! And why not? It's not like we're using this extra time to debate, so let's make something more out of it! :D 

EDIT: I just get done writing all this up and get ninja'd by the write up going live. ...Well played, Aonar! :P

Edited by Metacognition

Night Seven: Last Words

Rolan was tired. Keeping up appearances among these imbeciles was a pain. Although he had to admit, he appreciated the irony of his role. Getting the final say in someone's life, and the first in their death? It was perfect. Better than what his fellows had chosen, anyways.

Still, keeping up the act, being friendly, and helpful; it was grating. In a way, he was almost relived when the villagers came knocking on his door. 

Inviting them in, he started with one of his usual lines. "You need another tombstone already? It's early in the day to be killing people. Not that I mind, but usually you come around a little closer to nightfall."

It wasn't hard to divine the reason for their arrival. The cold expressions and readied weapons told the whole story.

When they failed to respond he sighed an leaned back in his chair. "Well, if you're not even going to pretend, you might as well get on with it."

This got a reaction. A brief moment of confusion passed through them, soon replaced by wariness. Rolan rolled his eyes as they continued to watch him. "Please. I'm not an idiot. There're nine of you, and one of me. I can count, and the odds aren't worth the effort."

Sheriff Millie was pushed to the front. This sort of thing was her job, after all. She carefully unsheathed a pale grey knife, made from an aluminum alloy; specially designed to kill metalborn, regardless of their powers. Stepping forwards, she angled the knife towards him. "Any last words?"

Rolan's eyes were downcast, any expression on his face concealed. He didn't bother speaking.

"None? Good. Because I've got some." The Sheriff lashed out with the knife, severing Rolan's ring finger. As the metal band fell to the floor, exposed gold could be seen on the underside. "I'm not an idiot, either." With that, she slipped the knife between his ribs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alvron was lynched! He was a Spiked with Allomantic bendalloy/Feruchemical gold!

Alvron (5): Wonko, Neo, Ostrich, Bort, Karlin, Maill, Dow, luckat, Meta
Nicroburst (1): Araris
Meta (1): Jaelre

Sorry for the late write-up. (Briefly got distracted researching the relative strength of various aluminum alloys, and whether or not it would be practical to make a knife from one of them. There are aluminum alloys with comparable strength and hardness to some weaker steels, apparently. (The best of which contains some ratio of aluminum, copper, zinc, magnesium, carbon, and several other trace impurities.) The more you know. :P)

Actions must be in within the next 24 hours, and the Night will end at 10:00PM CDT Friday, unless an extension is called.  

Edited by Aonar Faileas

While I can't speak for everyone, I can definitely say that not only was it worth the wait, but that I love that attention to detail! I've caught myself doing basically the same thing; where I'd stop in the middle of writing, just to find out if what I was writing was even possible, so well played! :)

Starting in the mushroom farms, notices began to appear on the wall, complete with a small ink pot and pen, hanging from a piece of string crafted from local mushroom vine.

They read:

"Please update this list as more of our numbers fall.

The Undeceased:

1. Temai Nimiad (Nicroburst)

2. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

3. Bortington-Smythe (Bort)

4. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)

5. Walin (spencer12347)

6. Faliu Faliu (Feligon)

7. Lord Ostrich Malescei Tekiel II (ostrichofevil) 

8. Millie (Mailliw73)

9. Quaqua Qua (Splinter)

10. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

11. Pifferluke III (Lord Pifferdoo)

12. Cylkan (Clanky)

13. Lutir (Tulir)

14. Levant Nebben (lev)

15. Kwon (Wonko the Sane)

16. Dow (dowanx)

17. neo (neodymium)

18. Acer Tuy (a smart guy)

19. Malrick A'Lees (Metacognition)

20. Jaelre (Jaelre)

21. Kirrah Dotze (twelfthrootoftwo)

22. Llurch (Kandra Skrull)

23. Ella (luckat)

The Deceased:

4. Cleo (Winter Cloud)

5. Honerius Bager (The Honey Badger)

7. Axies (phattemer)

10. D'wag (vineyarddawg)

11. Rolan (Alvron)

18. Sheol (Eolhondras)

24. Lord Mattias Mountford (Lord Mattias Mountford)

29. Jode (The Only Joe)"

Eolhondras is in the deceased list due to the mistakes that originally put Dowanx there. Aonar/Newan, can either of you please confirm this is correct?

Finally, posted to Rolan's gravestone was another message...

"There once was a man named Rolan

Generally his RP was stormin'

But when push came to shove

That's all that we loved

Only the spiked in this village are mournin'"

Villagers, I cannot take credit for Rolan's gravestone rhyme. It comes from one of my allies who shall remain nameless for their own protection.

Edited by Bort

A gravedigger's funeral was always a lonely affair. Normally, you'd have a few family members and maybe a few friends. This time, there was only an apprentice doing his first solo.

Jain finished shoveling the dirt onto Rolan's grave. His former master been helpful enough to complete most of the work for him, even going as far as to set his own gravestone. Dirt was a luxury in a cave like this one. The cemetery happened to be one of the few areas that had a seam of dirt, and even then Jain would constantly hit bedrock. No one had thought to donate flowers, although they did have a reason. Few people donate flowers to Spiked. Besides, flowers were almost impossible to find in a cave.

As a replacement for a flower, Jain left his toy panda before the grave. Rolan had given him the toy panda when he first apprenticed him, although he had seemed quite desperate to get rid of it.

Bidding his final goodbye to his late mentor, Jain turned and left, not looking back, which was why he missed the red spren that had begun to emerge from the toy panda.

Karlin gazed out from his small window. Off in the outskirts of town, on a dark and lonesome hill, stood the silhouette of the Stone Carvers grave. He was confused, why was he mourning the death of spiked, maybe it was because this one had tried to contribute to the village. It was still hard to believe that the skilled headstone carver was one of their enemies.  "I guess you don"t choose your side in this, you never do!"

Only the spiked in this village are mournin'"

He was confused, why was he mourning the death of spiked, maybe it was because this one had tried to contribute to the village.

Have we found another Spiked?

Sorry guys. I've been out of town the last couple days, and my Wi-Fi access has been sporadic at best. I was hoping to get enough time to do the write-up Saturday, but it didn't end up working out. Things will be done tonight, although a bit late. Write-up will probably come in around eleven-ish.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I just realized I forgot to give out one of the mid-night PMs. So in interest of fairness, the night will end tomorrow. 

Edited by Aonar Faileas

FarDoom, currently wearing the bones of Faliu who died naturally about a week ago (right before this game started), sneaked down into the cellar of Rolan's house.  "Yeeessss!" the bones were still there.  The bones of a reptilian beast that lived many, many years before humans even existed.  Rolan had collected an entire set.

FarDoom got to work and, after abandoning his previous bones, got straight to work forming his new body.  It was only one of the smaller ones, but the entire process took more than a few hours.  Now, FarDoom was the most fearsome creature in the village.  In this form, he was a Velicicirifter, or something.  Velosister?  Vile-sore-after?  Velocerifter?  Probably the last one.  Whatever.  No one would stand up to such a fearsome creature!  

Now to assert my dominance, FarDoom thought to himself and smiled a wicked grin.  It only looked menacing because of the form he was in, though.

FarDoom walked out of the room and tried to look intimidating.  He failed.  The first person to notice him barely looked up.  That guy had spikes in his eyes.  Probably noticing FarDoom as a fellow Hemalurgist, he wasn't even phased.  Everyone else saw how harmless the Velicoripper was and didn't pay much attention to him.

stupid spiked people, always ruining my fun, FarDoom thought, I only get to do this once every century.

Day Seven: Ruin and Chaos

After so long spent waiting, the spiked were finally ready to go on the offensive. They'd been careful, only killing those who got too close, and those who would not be missed. That had gotten them nowhere. It was time to strike, and discord would be their weapon.

Tensions were high with Rolan's death. Everyone was excited to be one step closer to ending this mess, but with their leads exhausted, everyone was also a target for suspicion. 

A nudge, a careful word, a whispered conversation purposefully overheard: suddenly, the villagers were at each other's throats. It was laughably easy. Of course, some truth had to be sown in among the lies, without it, they wouldn't have been believed. Unfortunate, but necessary.

As the night drew on, chaos broke out in the tunnels. Twinborn fled in every direction, and small skirmishes flared up and died away constantly. Suspicious and afraid, they lashed out, all logical thought gone.

Malrick and Millie waded through the press of villagers, trying to bring order. The failed, miserably. Millie did her best to calm them, flaring zinc constantly. Her powers were better suited to enraging than calming, however. Malrick added what support he could, long years running the Alehouse having given him plenty of plenty of experience dealing with unruly Twinborn.

It wasn't long before Millie went down, a boxing driven through her skull by some rogue coinshot. Malrick was forced to retreat, now alone amidst the chaos, taking blow after blow from the maddened villagers. 

The spiked saw their opportunity, and didn't hesitate. Plunging in among the Twinborn, they struck out indiscriminately with knives and crude spikes, wounding whoever they could, sowing still more chaos. Llurch was unlucky, a blade slipping just across his throat.

Within minutes, the fighting had stopped, Twinborn and spiked alike falling back to nurse their wounds and try to sort out the disaster that had just occurred. As the tunnels cleared, Quaqua was left behind, a hole through his chest where he had been impaled by a metal spike. No one was quite sure who killed him, and oddly, no one really cared. Even those who knew him were strangely unconcerned. It was just another of the night's mysteries.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millie has died! She was a Zinc/Steel Twinborn!

Llurch has died! He was a Zinc/Nicrosil Twinborn!

Quaqua has died! He was a Aluminum/Duralumin Twinborn!

Malrick was attacked, but survived!

Three Pretty Cool items were found! One Awesome item was found!

Rooms:

A1: Awesome     A2: Pretty Cool   A3: Awesome

B1: Pretty Cool   B2: Pretty Cool   B3: Awesome

C1: Awesome    C2: Awesome     C3: Awesome

Due to the unfinished item calculations, PMs will be sent out late, so the day's end is automatically being extended to 10:00PM CDT Friday, at the earliest.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Perhaps, since every other turn has gone over anyways, we should just start the day once everyone has received their PMs? This way, everyone starts the day on the same foot. I know you guys are busy right now (and thank you Aonar for being on top of everything as you have been. This is more your game now than Newan's, since you're who we typically hear from!), but it shouldn't take more than a day to get PMs out, right? After all, all the results are in and nothing is changing, so it's just a matter of making rolls and such at this point. I'd rather we just start the 48 hours from when you guys post that the last PMs are sent out, rather than try to work around all these extensions! 

Cylkan woke up to the faint light of a streetlamp streaming through the window. He didn't know where he was or how he had gotten here. Why was he in so much pain? He tried to think about what had happened to get him here. Had he been at the Alehouse and had a few too many drinks? That wouldn't explain the pain or why he could only see out of one eye.

He reached up to his eye and found it covered in fabric, the skin around his eye was hot and covered in what felt like burns. Suddenly he remembered what had happened.

He remembered the spiked and the murders. He remembered his precious streetlamps failing in the night one by one like dying stars. He remembered finding Honerius alone and dying, left by his fellow spiked as a trap. He remembered the terrible heat and being trapped within the rubble. But most of all he remembered the look on Honerius' face just before the explosion. 

That terrible evil insane face. The face that was not afraid of death but was excited by the prospect of it, knowing that he would kill Cylkan along with him. He had known Honerius his whole life, they would meet in the alehouse every week. Cylkan would complain about all the young kids messing with his lamps and Honerius would talk about how there was nothing good to trap in these caves. Sure he had been a grumpy old man, but he was still a good man. 

That face had not been his friend. Any familiarity had been replaced by the rage of a madman. Something had happened to him. There was no way that the man Cylkan had known could have made that face.

As Cylkan thought about the explosion and Honerius he remembered what had brought him to that ill-fated house in the first place. His lamps, someone had been extinguishing his lamps!

He pushed himself to the side of the bed and tried to stand up. As he tried to stand his left leg gave out on him and he crashed to the ground. The pain was excruciating and he could feel himself on the verge of passing out. As the pain threatened to overtake him he got one look outside the window and he smiled. What Cylkan saw through the window was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life.

Every single streetlamp was lit and bathed the town in a soft yellow light. Cylkan finally gave in to the pain and passed out. But his dreams were not troubled by death and spiked. No, this time as he slept he had a smile on his face as he dreamt of the calm soft light of streetlamps filling his mind. 

EDIT: Sorry guys that got a little long. I wasn't really planning it and didn't think I had wrote so much. I agree with what meta posted as I was writing this that we can just start the day from whenever the GMs have sent out the last PM. That is easier for both us and them at this point.

EDIT 2: grammar and stuff

Edited by Clanky

Cylkan! Good to see you up and about again. Buy you a drink to celebrate?

"Please update this list as more of our numbers fall.

The Undeceased:

1. Temai Nimiad (Nicroburst)

2. Karlin (Surgebound Rainspren)

3. Bortington-Smythe (Bort)

4. Hadrian Penrod (Araris Valerian)

5. Walin (spencer12347)

6. Faliu Faliu (Feligon)

7. Lord Ostrich Malescei Tekiel II (ostrichofevil) 

10. Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

11. Pifferluke III (Lord Pifferdoo)

12. Cylkan (Clanky)

13. Lutir (Tulir)

14. Levant Nebben (lev)

15. Kwon (Wonko the Sane)

16. Dow (dowanx)

17. neo (neodymium)

18. Acer Tuy (a smart guy)

19. Malrick A'Lees (Metacognition)

20. Jaelre (Jaelre)

21. Kirrah Dotze (twelfthrootoftwo)

23. Ella (luckat)

The Deceased:

4. Cleo (Winter Cloud)

5. Honerius Bager (The Honey Badger)

7. Axies (phattemer)

10. D'wag (vineyarddawg)

11. Rolan (Alvron)

18. Sheol (Eolhondras)

24. Lord Mattias Mountford (Lord Mattias Mountford)

29. Jode (The Only Joe)"

8. Millie (Mailliw73)

9. Quaqua Qua (Splinter)

22. Llurch (Kandra Skrull)

I asked if we could get this clarified in my post in the last cycle, but it wasn't answered.

Eolhondras is in the deceased list due to the mistakes that originally put Dowanx there. Aonar/Newan, can either of you please confirm this is correct?

Also, I agree with starting the cycle when the last of the PMs have been sent out. Not only does it mean the GMs have to rush less, but it also puts everyone on an equal footing, instead of having some people waiting for most of the cycle to find out if their actions had been successful.

My vote for today's cycle is going to Jaelre. There have been several questions raised about him, both in the main threads and also in PMs, so I think it is about time we discovered if what we're hearing is true.

Edited by Bort

Four attacks were made this cycle!  Woah... guys just cause of we have items that can kill doesn't mean we should use them.  We are doing great with so many spiked killed lets not lose the lead because we go kill crazy.

As for when the cycle should start I also agree that it should also be when all of the PMs go out.  

Also could we bring in someone to help you guys GM the game?  For example I know Wilson recently died in the MR game and might have time to help out with this one.  If Wilson can't maybe another experienced GM can step in and help. 

As for my vote, I am not sure yet.  Once I receive my PM from the GMs I will post who I am voting for.

Also could we bring in someone to help you guys GM the game?  For example I know Wilson recently died in the MR game and might have time to help out with this one.  If Wilson can't maybe another experienced GM can step in and help. 

We're ahead of you. :P I'm not going to help them GM (I don't have the time for that right now, at least in terms of creativity), but I am helping them. We're just working on the item calculations and a few of the last details with some players, and the PMs should be out. That might be today, but I can't guarantee anything. Once the PMs from the night turn are out though, things should run a lot smoother. I'm getting things a little more set in the spreadsheet, and after I do that I'm probably going to start fiddling with a formula for the item calculations, and if I succeed with that...well. It'll be really quick. :)

Write-up is now finished and complete, PMs coming out momentarily. (They should hopefully come out fairly quickly, tonight.)

EDIT: And done. All PMs have been sent, so the Day is on track to end Friday.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Just so everyone knows, my internet provider has a blackout in my area. It should be back on tomorrow and I have a lot to say once that happens; in PMs and here. I have a lot of information that the entire village deserves to hear.

Well, that is good and all, but we shouldn't stop our discussion. I would like to bring something up that has been bugging me for a couple cycles now. I have been contacted twice by people that claimed to have information that could be traced back to me, of Meta being spiked. If anyone has heard this, I never told anyone that in PMs or the thread and I suggest you reconsider your sources of information.

As for the lynch, I think that Jaelre is a good target. However, I would like to hear from other people. Pifferdoo, what do you have to say about everything.

Edited by Araris Valerian