Cash and Wierdo faced each other, bloodied and weary, but determined to see the battle through. By now a crowd of spectators had gathered. The people of T’Telir watched in shocked silence, while Dodior the Ravenant was cheering and laughing from the sidelines at an earsplitting volume, in spite of all propriety. Part of Dodior’s retinue was a gathering of Lifeless, and if you looked closely you might realize that these were the recently dead and fallen: Ajah, Ias, Bee, Aeternum, Aeoryi, Tethan, Double. Their colorless faces weren’t expressive, but they watched with an intensity, and sometimes burst into silent applause.

Sparks flew and steel resounded on steel as Wierdo attacked, ending the split-second of calm. The fighters were a blur of frenetic movements, attacks and feints and parries and counterattacks. Both adversaries recognized that a blow to the head at this point would be decisive, and didn’t leave any easy openings.

“Why are you smiling?” Cash demanded between blows.
“Because I know something you don’t,” Wierdo gloated.
“And what’s that?”
“I am not left handed!” Wierdo revealed.
Suddenly, Wierdo switched his weapon to the other hand, and went on the offensive with redoubled vigor!!

“Oh,” Cash grunted with effort, parrying furiously. “Well, I really am left handed.”
He put the last of his energy into a desperate attack, and Wierdo wasn’t quite in position to stop it as Cash stabbed him through the heart.
“Nice try, though.”

Cash stepped away as Wierdo collapsed.
“He attacked me,” he explained to the crowd. “Examine his things and I’m sure you’ll find evidence that he was the last of the murderers who killed Dawntrue.”
Quite sure, in fact. Weaver had been busy planting the evidence during their fight, after all.
“Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go get patched up.”

A few timid cheers went up from the crowd. Truthfully, the citizens of T’Telir didn’t really know what to think. That was why Weaver and Cash would tell them. Everyone who would contradict their telling of events had been silenced.

Everyone but Ravebringer the Undead, that is. The Returned, who was swiftly developing an eccentric and macabre reputation, would always know what had really happened here. The other Returned weren’t eager to see the issue relitigated, though, so whenever he broached the topic in the court of the gods there was no support. Still, Ravebringer would go on to live a long and colorful life in the court of the gods, so it wasn’t all bad.

Cash and Weaver slipped away into relative obscurity, from which they could plan their next moves unopposed. They would mourn the loss of Bee, but ultimately, they had accomplished their goals with notable success.

Wierdo has died! He was a Priest!
Quivil has died! She was a Priest!

The game is over! The Heretics have won!

Vote Tally
Cash67 (2): Quivil, Wierdo
Wierdo (2): Cash67, Weaver of Lies

Participants

1. @Aeoryi Priest
2. @Aeternum Priest
3. @Archer - Double the Drifter Priest
4. @Cash67 Heretic Dueling Champion
5. @Kasimir - A Salmon Enthusiast Priest
6. @Kidpen - Tethan Priest
7. @RoyalBeeMage Heretic
8. Spark / @Quivil Priest
9. @The Unknown Ajah Priest
10. @TheRavenHasLanded Ravebringer the Undead AKA Dodior the Ravenant
11. @Weaver of Lies Heretic
12. @Wierdo Priest

Bookkeeping

Master Spreadsheet

Eliminator Doc

Dead Doc

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

GG elims, excellent work and confunglry. I look forward to reading your doc, I hope you made it exciting for me.

Thank you @DrakeMarshall for GMing an excellent game and for an amazing duel to end it all, even if the good guys lost. Thank you @Araris Valerian for IMing it.

This was quite fun, even if being village makes me want to pull out my brain and bash it into a more convenient shape.

I enjoyed how that ended, from an entertainment standpoint. GG elims! 

Thanks for running this, Drake. I liked the Lovers bit, and the choice of distro. 

FYI I'm going to return being inactive now. See y'all when I see ya 🤠

57 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Thank you @DrakeMarshall

and thank you to @RoyalBeeMage and @Weaver of Lies to putting up with my ranting in the elim doc!!

thank you @DrakeMarshall for such an enjoyable game. and thank you @Cash67 and @Weaver of Lies for giving me such an enjoyable time as an elim

RIP the salmon 😔

GGs! That was a lot of fun. Thanks for running the game, Drake, and thanks for IMing, Araris!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Cash you now owe me your signature cooked salmon

3 hours ago, Aeternum said:

RIP the salmon 😔

GGs! That was a lot of fun. Thanks for running the game, Drake, and thanks for IMing, Araris!

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Cash you now owe me your signature cooked salmon

Indeed I do. 

Also @Kidpen didn’t realize you were a returning player until after the death had happened. that’s kind of my bad, saw a kill that wouldn’t arise much suspicion and then went with it. Had no thought for new/returning players.

Btw I loved reading the dead doc. What’s y'all's thoughts on the elim doc?

Thanks for running the game, Drake! :P Shoutout to Araris watching from the IM corner.

And thanks for the entertainment of the duel, @Cash67 and @Wierdo, I loled so much watching the madness/shenanigans!

Edited to add:

11 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Kas, you'll trust me one of these days. It will probably be because of a mech clear, but it will happen. 

Maybe, maybe not. I at least didn't distrust you enough to feel you were anywhere in next exe territory, I just wanted to see if I could bait a response from you/Cash by voting you. Isn't that enough as a trust level? :P 

Edited by Kasimir

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Thanks for running the game, Drake! :P Shoutout to Araris watching from the IM corner.

And thanks for the entertainment of the duel, @Cash67 and @Wierdo, I loled so much watching the madness/shenanigans!

Edited to add:

Maybe, maybe not. I at least didn't distrust you enough to feel you were anywhere in next exe territory, I just wanted to see if I could bait a response from you/Cash by voting you. Isn't that enough as a trust level? :P 

It's enough for me, but it has unfortunate consequences when you die.

27 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

It's enough for me, but it has unfortunate consequences when you die.

Sorry my bad, I guess Cash/RBM/? as my absolute one-sec-rollover words is not a clear indicator as to who I believe should be exed next in a game where exing one remaining Elim suffices :P (I'm joking but I do think the absurdity exists.)

55 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sorry my bad, I guess Cash/RBM/? as my absolute one-sec-rollover words is not a clear indicator as to who I believe should be exed next in a game where exing one remaining Elim suffices :P (I'm joking but I do think the absurdity exists.)

If you don't blatantly and explicitly leave no room for error on who exactly you want exed, well. It's basically your fault if you don't do that.. :P